• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simple Statistics

Started by Ty, March 07, 2009, 10:41:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Preface: Only guys games

Teams from the West faced off against Central opponents 9 times this state tournament.

The West won 7 of those games, including 3 lower seeds beating higher seeds from the Central.

Conway and Cabot, the top two seeds from the Central, managed to eek out wins against Northside and Har-Ber, which allowed to the Central the luxury of being completely shut out from winning a game.

Any debate?

sportsobserver

Check last years tourney. Similar results with conference winnings reversed.Why?

Smithian

bbal4life

Quote from: Smithian on March 08, 2009, 01:27:14 am
The west was down?

;)

The WEST did great - good luck to the teams at Hot Springs. 

maxswine

The only game that shocked me was Springdale beating NLR.  I was surprised at that.

Don't get me wrong. I thought the Central had a chance in almost all of the games.  I thought Russellville had a chance against Har-Ber.  But honestly, I thought it would be Fayetteville-Rogers in the finals. 

I'll be pulling for Rogers.  Nothing against Fayetteville.  Marty Barnes still has plenty of fans in Russellville.

urban legend

Quote from: sportsobserver on March 08, 2009, 01:22:28 am
Check last years tourney. Similar results with conference winnings reversed.Why?

Good point. 8 Central vs. West meetings in the postseason, 6 Central wins. The two West victories were by a combined nine points. 3 of the 4 semifinalists were from the Central. All-Central final. Translation.....some years are better for the West than they are for the Central. And vice versa.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: sportsobserver on March 08, 2009, 01:22:28 am
Because they were different teams and different players.

Yee-Haw

no.....that just CAN'T be it.

I think somehow Ronnie Peacock is to blame. He just has to be.

Quite Frankly

Ty

Quote from: maxswine on March 08, 2009, 08:39:45 am
The only game that shocked me was Springdale beating NLR.  I was surprised at that.

Don't get me wrong. I thought the Central had a chance in almost all of the games.  I thought Russellville had a chance against Har-Ber.  But honestly, I thought it would be Fayetteville-Rogers in the finals. 

I'll be pulling for Rogers.  Nothing against Fayetteville.  Marty Barnes still has plenty of fans in Russellville.
Marty Barnes has fans outside of his own family?

Holy #*^$!

maxswine

Quote from: Ty on March 12, 2009, 04:16:59 pm
Quote from: maxswine on March 08, 2009, 08:39:45 am

Marty Barnes has fans outside of his own family?

Holy #*^$!

None bigger than himself, though.     :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas