• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot Basketball

Started by raisingkane, November 12, 2008, 07:07:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neoman77

dickey...  your intelligence level is showing.  I think Dane will get a chance to play college ball.  There is a difference between the two. Colleges coaches must have seen something in Adam or they wouldn't have offered him a scholarship.

I won't have to talk about Adam as much this year because he proved himself last year and doing well this year.  He is no secret anymore. 

sportsobserver

Most good players (Like Adam and Dane) have both their followers and their detractors.  They are both good players. Let's not build up or put too many expectations on any student athlete and at the same time let's not beat up on any student athlete (and I'm not saying anyone has done that). In my opinion both sides have made their point.

This a pretty good thread for discussing Cabot basketball.  My question for this board would be.....What in the world happened Friday night that Cabot only beat Beebe by one point (or was it two) and had to get a break at the end of the game to survive?  Are you kidding me?  And I'm sorry Neoman, but I am no longer buying into the idea that these guys are just playing down to the level of their competition.

neoman77

I didn't get to see this game.  I can't be too objective.  What I heard was they shot too many three's and had bad shot selections. Their tallest player was only 6-2. It is important that they pass more to the inside.  I think how far this team will go will be determined on this factor as the season goes on.  Three's will not win a championship. It needs to be balanced.  The evidence has been clear, I still think we play down.  Whether it is a team like Conway or Beebe.  It seems many are just after their points... 

southdog

cabot is good as a team ,not just beause of one or two players . to constantly pr them is a diservice to the whole team. if they , the players are good ,they don't need to be daily presented to promote their greatness. they are good ,not great  will play some college and thats about it.great coach good supporting cast.they don't need a press agent 

Nitro

Cabot was uninspired and ineffective the whole game.  They were fortunate to get back in it and pull out a win.  Beebe was playing hard most of the game.  At the end the Beebe coach got too mad with the ref on a call and got ejected. 

neoman77

southdog...if you haven't noticed this string is about Cabot basketball.  If you   don't want to hear about Cabot basketball...go to another string. 

Nitro...I heard what you said from others.  Cabot was lucky to win this one it seems.

southdog

Quote from: neoman77 on December 21, 2008, 07:49:57 pm
southdog...if you haven't noticed this string is about Cabot basketball.  If you   don't want to hear about Cabot basketball...go to another string. 

Nitro...I heard what you said from others.  Cabot was lucky to win this one it seems.
what a dumb statement, one i was talking about cabot being a good team  good coach ect who happened to coach my son with his in aau back in his fs days.  my point was about constant newsreeling one player forgetting about the rest.i will post here if i want ,hope cabot does well because i like jerry b. and if you do not like it then for lack of a better word tuff

neoman77

southdog...my response was in your reference of being a press agent.  I like the Cabot team.  That is why I post on this string. I think that statement is clear enough.  As for you posting....have at it. Free country.  I can post as well. 

southdog

Quote from: neoman77 on December 21, 2008, 08:29:26 pm
southdog...my response was in your reference of being a press agent.  I like the Cabot team.  That is why I post on this string. I think that statement is clear enough.  As for you posting....have at it. Free country.  I can post as well. 

fair enough ,and good luck to cabot this year

neoman77

thanks...good luck to your team of choice as well

DickeyB

neoman, you questioning my intelligence is valid,my wife and kids do that often. You are the one that pointed out that Adam and Lottners abilities don.t compare.Ability and developed talent are two different things. Adam is much more seasoned and has been coached-up and has developed his ability well. Dane is a 6'3" long kid with a great vertical (ability) but no where close to being fully developed or coached up to Adam's level. Again, your words were ability. Lottner will have to red-shirt, get in the weight , film room, and  eat. Neoman, you are a devoted ,loyal, but biased fan. It's hard to evaluate TALENT when you know you are a Cabot Homer and thats O. K. Let me say that Cabot is a good and very well-coached team. I really like the big kid and Adam as well. I just think Adam is going to have problems with kids on the next level dealing with a man to man defense. You shouldn't question peoples intelligence until you are able to evaluate your own and everyone knows you have trouble with evaluating  a  specific issue.

007 (BOND JAMES BOND) a 40" vertical is not common. But since you commented about being able to shoot the ball and saying you never saw the kid play. That would be showing your lack of intelligence.         

holdup

December 22, 2008, 01:34:30 pm #61 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:39:53 pm by holdup
THE difference between Adam and Dane is this:  Adam is a scoring point guard; Dane is a two guard.  Adam was born with point guard tendencies, Dane is a scorer.  Adam will need more coaching on the next level than Dane because of his position.  Dane's talent is not raw.  He just isn't a point guard.  Dane is ready to come off of screens and score against anybody.  He doesn't have to distribute the ball like a point guard.   Is Adam ready to handle the ball against anybody on the the next level?  We will see.

oneway

If you think what Adam has is a result of someone coaching him, you might think again.  They would all be good players over there if that was the case.  Players like Adam don't come around that often.

DickeyB

Wrongway- Do all you people drink the same KOOL-AID. Adam is a good player and yes I do think he has had a lot of good coaching from many good coaches through his years. If you don't think Adam is the player he is , is not because of years of being coached up. You have never been an athlete or developed your own kid. If you had , you would know  the advantages and opportunities this will give them.

Holdup No one said Lottner was a point. If you think Lottner is close to being developed mentally and physically I'm sorry but you are wrong. The kid hasn't had the coaching, competition-level or strength training . He is closer to raw than being developed. That is why he has such a big upside. Adam will have to be smarter because of his lack of speed at the next level, which he will be very successful at just by seeing the player he is now. Stay off the RED KOOL_AID,

holdup

Wow.  Getting mad that easy?  It doesn't change the facts that this unbelievably coached, highly superior player had 15 points 2 assists and 1 rebound in 32 minutes against the raw Dane who had 19 points 11 rebounds in 24 minutes. 

Nobody ever put Adam down.  He's a better all around player than Dane. They are geared 180 degrees differently from each other.  If they played on the same team from birth, they would still be totally different.   But, you absolutely don't know Dane if you think he has never been coached and has never done strength training. If the only time you saw him is in the summer playing for "the other wings" team, you got a foggy view.   Calm down.

Adam

Quote from: DickeyB on December 22, 2008, 01:23:06 pm
neoman, you questioning my intelligence is valid,my wife and kids do that often. You are the one that pointed out that Adam and Lottners abilities don.t compare.Ability and developed talent are two different things. Adam is much more seasoned and has been coached-up and has developed his ability well. Dane is a 6'3" long kid with a great vertical (ability) but no where close to being fully developed or coached up to Adam's level. Again, your words were ability. Lottner will have to red-shirt, get in the weight , film room, and  eat. Neoman, you are a devoted ,loyal, but biased fan. It's hard to evaluate TALENT when you know you are a Cabot Homer and thats O. K. Let me say that Cabot is a good and very well-coached team. I really like the big kid and Adam as well. I just think Adam is going to have problems with kids on the next level dealing with a man to man defense. You shouldn't question peoples intelligence until you are able to evaluate your own and everyone knows you have trouble with evaluating  a  specific issue.

007 (BOND JAMES BOND) a 40" vertical is not common. But since you commented about being able to shoot the ball and saying you never saw the kid play. That would be showing your lack of intelligence.         
[/quot

who is the big kid you are talking about

neoman77

dickey

Over the years I have seen Dane and Adam play. (on the sames team I might add)  They played together this summer and won a tournament in Dallas.

Dane has been undergoing strength conditioning with Absolute Athlete.  He as been practicing his skills with them.  So did Adam.  The difference is this.  Adam is a ball handler and scorer.  He handles the ball better the Dane in the open court.  Adam was recruited for not only shooting but specifically his ball handling skills as per ASU coaches.  He also makes many steals by being good at getting his hands into passing lanes on top to the key, as does the whole Cabot team for that matter.  They have long arms.

As for me...I have kids playing presently in college on scholarship and kids that graduated and played college ball on scholarships.  I played ball.  I have seen more games than many coaches. 1000's of games. I will say again that ability is more than jumping.  Adam is more of a complete player right now, this minute.  More seasoned. Hopefully both will win respective championships for their class.

I will say that kids develop differently as I have stated before. and who is to say where Dane will end up.  I hope the best for him.  I am sure something good will come his way.  Again he a great kid with great parents.

Where do you get your info?  I guess you really don't know Dane like "holdup" stated.

I think you are the one that needs to hold off the Kool-Aid.  ha...Merry Christmas to you anyway.

neoman77

Adam...I think he was talking about Monroe.

Smithian

neoman77

DickeyB

Neoman  with all of this experience you have , you should be able to know and see the athleticism that Lottner has . And he is nowhere close to being at his full potential at this time. Adam will have a big adjustment and problem with the speed at the next level and you should be able to see that also, with all this experience you refer too. Sounds like you have a little more interest in this, than your wife just a being a teacher at Cabot. By the way , can you share with me how long both kids have played AAU ball and at what level , again with your experience you  should know this matters. I know you are having a hard time understanding, but the whole issue were your words that Lottners ability didn't compare to Adams {try to focus here),that was the issue. Thanks for the offer of the KOOL-AID but no thanks. I will say Cabot should be proud of their fans and all of the enthusiasm you all , have in your 1st class programs. I wish all your teams the best and will root for Adam and all of your kids. Merry Christmas From Dickey B 

Ty

Who has Cabot played?

They will destroy Subiaco but SS and JC can beat them.

neoman77

I completely understand what ability is I agree to disagree with you on your choice of who has the greater ability between the two.  You have a right for whatever opinion you may have. What I said stands. Is that focused enough for you?  ha.  Merry Christmas.  I do wish the best for you and yours this Holiday season.  I am looking forward to the upcoming season , aren't you? Neoman

DickeyB

You have the right of your opinion its just wrong and thats O.K. But you should try being fair minded and not so biased if you want to compare KIDS.  Please take some advice and just be a great fan of your program. Give up the  job of being Cabots Rick Scaffer. I would still be interested in knowing your tie to this , your wife is a teacher there , but you know all about AAU and way to much info to just be a fan. I stand by my opinion that you don't know how to evaluate talent and you have a tremendous amount of experience. But thats my opinion.

neoman77

Discretion is my choice.  you may live with any opinion you want.  This thread again concerns Cabot basketball.  I gave mine.  You gave yours.  So be it. 

Ty

Can we stop bickering and get back to Cabot basketball?

Sterrenberg is good, but who else do they have? Who have they played?

DickeyB

Understandable about discretion, but you are obviously more involved and have deeper ties. We agree to disagree, but you should refrain from comparing a Cabot kid and a kid from somewhere else. You are biased and a true faithful Cabot fan! Share the Cabot KOOL-AID {NON-ALCOHOL} with your town. DickeyB

sportslover_2

Cabot girls got mercy ruled by Vilonia tonight in the Battle at the Brier

Nitro

Cabot knocked Southside out of the playoffs last year.  That was the first time I had seen any SS sports team in action.  How do they man up in those colors? 

neoman77

Southside had some good shooters last year...have they graduated?

Ty

December 22, 2008, 09:16:43 pm #80 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 09:19:09 pm by Ty
Quote from: Nitro on December 22, 2008, 09:06:47 pm
Cabot knocked Southside out of the playoffs last year.  That was the first time I had seen any SS sports team in action.  How do they man up in those colors? 
Do you mean, how are they one of the best sports programs in the state with those colors?

Smithian

Quote from: Nitro on December 22, 2008, 09:06:47 pm
The powder blues are the colors of the best football football program in the state of Arkansas over the past 25 to 30 years. Uniforms don't make the team..

Quote from: neoman77 on December 22, 2008, 09:15:28 pm
Southside can still shoot. The two best players, PG Chase White and F/C Jessie Hutchinson, are both gone but this group, even with little experience, is better as a whole than the group last year, IMO.

sportsphreak123

How do you think Cabot will fare in the Coke Classic Tournament in Fort Smith?

Ty

Quote from: sportsphreak123 on December 22, 2008, 09:45:27 pm
They have the easy side of the bracket and should handle a horrible Subiaco team easily.

Southside was impressive in the tournament they played in Tulsa. I know little about Cabot but it seems like they have not played very good competition.

sportsphreak123

How does Southside match up against Cabot? Do they have a threat down low?

neoman77

Cabot did play Conway and it went down to the wire.  Cabot led at half.  Cabot also lost against Mills. Cabot lead the entire time time the very end losing by free throws.  Too bad...cause they could have played against Fayetteville and what would have been great. Cabot will have it test if they can make it to the finals of Coke Classic and play Hall. (I am presuming that Hall will make it)   That will be a good game if it materializes. 

sportsphreak123

Alright how bout Miles Monroe from cabot? Thoughts,comments? ???

Titan Spirit

neoman77 has be a parent of a cabot player sterrenburg  i would guess...

neoman77

When they get the ball in to Monroe, he is a threat.  He can shoot, pass, handle the ball and is big. They did that against Abundant Life, and he had 19 points by the 3rd quarter.  If the team doesn't get 3 happy, they can hurt some folks inside.  His best attribute is his defense.  Cabot has another good player that is signed with Christian Brothers (Memphis) Austin Johnson that is playing well.  Jack Bridges, the coaches son has been shooting well and Gary Clark is one of the big surprises as is Alex Baker and Seth Bloomberg. (QB for Cabot football team) They are all important.  Patrick Martin, Paul, and Darin will contribute as well.

No I am not Adams parent.  I do not live in Cabot.

Smithian

December 22, 2008, 11:13:21 pm #89 Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 01:40:24 am by Smithian
Quote from: sportsphreak123 on December 22, 2008, 10:12:42 pm
How does Southside match up against Cabot? Do they have a threat down low?
Cameron Adams is a sophomore who has had a few 20 point games and is big enough to play down low. Charlie Ross is 6'8 and shows flashes of awesomeness, but has zero focus whatsoever. Layton Sharum is a tall white kid who looks super clumsy and his game is ugly as heck, but gets it done, especially in the midrange game, which is rare in high school basketball. Chase Dixon is pretty good about filling up the stat sheet as a nonscorer at time as a 4.

nwahog

December 22, 2008, 11:55:18 pm #90 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:57:26 pm by nwahog

Everyone has graduated except Charlie that gave Southside a spark in the second quarter.  Southside played their best all year in that 2nd half against Cabot, and still lost in the end.  The new guys have some talent, but are young and not imo at the level of last year.  I'd be surprised if they keep it within 10.

sportsobserver

I haven't seen a bracket yet, but if Cabot is playing Subiaco first I would suggest they not look past that game.  I think looking past Mills in the CAC tournament is exactly why they lost that game.  They had seen Wynne play in the Searcy tournament the week before and were fairly certain that's who they would play in the 2nd round.  They were thinking about Wynne when Mills took the game away from them at the CAC tournament and booted them to the losers bracket.  The only way to win a tournament is one game at a time.  You start worrying about a round 2 or round 3 matchup before you play round 1 and you are asking for a surprise.

How will they fare...it's really simple. It depends on which Cabot Panther team will show up? The team that play's tough defense, passes the ball more than one or two times before taking a shot, and will actually listen to the coach.  OR the one that has 5 individuals looking to get their points and aren't interested in playing defense more than a couple of minutes a quarter and will not attempt to run the offense the coach wants them to run.  If the "team" shows up they will be tough to beat.  If the "5" show up they will get run in the 1st or 2nd round.

Quote from: sportsphreak123 on December 22, 2008, 09:45:27 pm

Ty

Subiaco is horrible. We all know the old adage, "Don't look past any opponent", but it is not always true. They got beat by Mountain Home and that may be Mountain Home's only win of the year.

Cabot should lose in the 2nd round and then get pretty bad by either Hall or Northside in the 3rd place game.

neoman77

I don't see it that way.  If Cabot loses...it won't be a blow out. That is if they lose. Cabot should have beat Conway, but a turnover and foul at end lost it for them Cabot led at halftime. If they can play with Conway...they can play with Hall and Northside. 

Sportsobserver...you are right.  it depends on which Cabot team shows up.  If they play team ball, they will go far.  It is up to the kids.

Adam

Quote from: neoman77 on December 22, 2008, 10:43:03 pm
When they get the ball in to Monroe, he is a threat.  He can shoot, pass, handle the ball and is big. They did that against Abundant Life, and he had 19 points by the 3rd quarter.  If the team doesn't get 3 happy, they can hurt some folks inside.  His best attribute is his defense.  Cabot has another good player that is signed with Christian Brothers (Memphis) Austin Johnson that is playing well.  Jack Bridges, the coaches son has been shooting well and Gary Clark is one of the big surprises as is Alex Baker and Seth Bloomberg. (QB for Cabot football team) They are all important.  Patrick Martin, Paul, and Darin will contribute as well.

No I am not Adams parent.  I do not live in Cabot.
[/quot

A team is not just one player and it is great you are mentioning others who are playing great ball

neoman77

That is the only way Cabot will do well this year if everyone contributes and plays team ball.  We shall see.  If they play individual they will suffer. 

Smithian

Quote from: nwahog on December 22, 2008, 11:55:18 pm

Everyone has graduated except Charlie that gave Southside a spark in the second quarter.  Southside played their best all year in that 2nd half against Cabot, and still lost in the end.  The new guys have some talent, but are young and not imo at the level of last year.  I'd be surprised if they keep it within 10.
Really.......

sportsphreak123

Conference play is comin around the corner... How do u think Cabot will do?

Smithian

Quote from: nwahog on December 22, 2008, 11:55:18 pm

I am still stuck on this comment.

neoman77

smithian...what do you think of SSide?  Why are you stuck?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas