• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Christian Music Fans.

Started by Blue Collar, February 22, 2008, 10:43:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mhs85grad

Quote from: ahoycorey on May 02, 2008, 11:23:38 pm
Quote from: mhs85grad on May 02, 2008, 08:32:26 am
Quote from: Blue Collar on February 22, 2008, 10:43:47 am
Anyone has a favorite band or artist in the genre?

Some good ones are Anberlin, TFK, Project 86, The Almost, Dead Poetic, Flyleaf and Switchfoot.
That's a pretty good list. I'm not a huge fan of Project 86 or Switchfoot,but I absolutely LOVE Dead Poetic,Thousand Foot Krutch,and Anberlin.

have you listened to the last P86 CD? They have a different sound than the older stuff.

ahoycorey

Quote from: mhs85grad on May 05, 2008, 11:21:55 am
Quote from: ahoycorey on May 02, 2008, 11:23:38 pm
Quote from: mhs85grad on May 02, 2008, 08:32:26 am
Quote from: Blue Collar on February 22, 2008, 10:43:47 am
Anyone has a favorite band or artist in the genre?

Some good ones are Anberlin, TFK, Project 86, The Almost, Dead Poetic, Flyleaf and Switchfoot.
That's a pretty good list. I'm not a huge fan of Project 86 or Switchfoot,but I absolutely LOVE Dead Poetic,Thousand Foot Krutch,and Anberlin.

have you listened to the last P86 CD? They have a different sound than the older stuff.
I don't think I have.
I listened to "Something We Can't Be" last year and I hated it!
I haven't given them a chance since.

bigeldofan

1teamedition0

UNDEROATH all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Collar

I heard Mark Schulz (sp) is coming to Woodland Baptist Church sometime. I heard it on 93.3 couple days ago.

mhs85grad

The new Anberlin CD is good.

Blue Collar

mhs85grad

Quote from: Blue Collar on October 13, 2008, 06:21:48 pm
Any new CD's out?

Underoath, Anberlin and Family Force 5 all have fairly new releases out.

If you like 70's or 80's style rock check out Thieves and Liars. Their CD has been out a while but it's not too bad.

True Believer

Brandon Heath's Give Me Your Eyes is great.

onegearruss

harlin42

coach p they aint christain music

True Believer

Oh I think he knows that.  He just wants to get a reaction out of us.  The thing is, the joke is on him. 

bigeldofan

satan is always on the prowl to devour us. but he can,t we have the lord.

True Believer

December 01, 2008, 10:02:05 pm #64 Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:06:16 pm by True Believer
You betcha Big.  I listened to it.  But just ain't my cup of tea.  And God loves all of us.  I know alot of good people that do like that kind of music though.  Whatever floats your boat.  Here's Heath's "Give Me Your Eye's".

God sees everyone for what they really are.  Not putting anyone down. 

mattp_68

I was just posting some real music lol...i dont hate christian music...

here is some christian rock music...really this time...

True Believer

:)  Like I said whatever floats your boat.  I read the words on a web site.  I'm just too old to hear them...lol.
All I hear are the guitars and drums. 

Chosen 1

Quote from: Coach P on December 02, 2008, 08:05:33 pm
I was just posting some real music lol...i dont hate christian music...

here is some christian rock music...really this time...

One of my favorite songs...

the game

December 03, 2008, 07:45:36 pm #68 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:04:28 am by the game
   For Hardcore Metal Christians ,       ,                                                                                                                                                                                                              

onegearruss

Here is some good christian rock, Kind of old

mattp_68

Quote from: onegearruss on December 03, 2008, 10:36:08 pm

THROW UP YOUR RAWK FIST!

lol old school...speak of old school...

say what you want about them but I love this song...

onegearruss

Hate to say i like creed haha, but it is a good song.

Blue Collar

Quote from: Coach P on December 03, 2008, 10:49:53 pm
Quote from: onegearruss on December 03, 2008, 10:36:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA6BNZFmC-I

THROW UP YOUR RAWK FIST!

lol old school...speak of old school...

say what you want about them but I love this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yY1Nrznh4I
Yes that is a very good song i believe..
I saw this band in concert at the Church at Rock Creek in Little Rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-1yM6insA

SouthpawSensation

Not too long, I had the privilege of taking my youngest daughter to see a concert with her favorite artist, Jeremy Camp.
Needless to say, it was electric and exciting. How these people in front of me sat through the whole thing with no expression still has me scratching my head, though. Oh well, it's their loss.

trenchwarefare_07

I'm sorely upset that I turned down the opportunity to see David Crowder Band when they came here last month. And I also heard Third Day put on a good show on the the 20th of last month. Though I've never been a big fan of Third Day, I'm sure they do put on a good show.

Speaking of, They announced who is playing at Winter Jam this year. TobyMac, Hawk Nelson, Brandon Heath, Francesca Battistelli, NewSong, and Stephanie Smith. They'll swing by Alltel on February 6th.

True Believer

Casting Crowns will be at Arkansas State University Dec. 9th at 7:00.

Blue Collar

Quote from: True Believer on December 08, 2008, 04:15:10 pm
Casting Crowns will be at Arkansas State University Dec. 9th at 7:00.
I guess its about to start. Anyone going to that event?

True Believer

I heard a few of our students say they were going tonight.   I had class tonight and couldn't get there in time. 

PDFTA

Red..heavy rock band but still christian..

mhs85grad

Quote from: PleaseDontFeedTheAnimals on December 11, 2008, 11:47:45 pm
Red..heavy rock band but still christian..

Red is very good. Supposed to have a new CD sometime early next year.

Blue Collar

True Believer

memphisguy

I have just gotten a lot of old school christian music. I picked up The Archers Fresh Surrender, Celebrate Live and Celebrate albums. I got The Imperials (with Russ Taff) Priority and One More Song For You CD and I now have all the Mylon LeFerver and Broken Heart CDs. The best live album I have ever hear I just now got and that is The DeGarmo and Key Band No Turning Back Live. Good times.

SouthpawSensation

I loved "One More Song For You" by the Imperials, as well as their version of "Praise The Lord." Nobody, and I mean nobody, could sing it like Russ Taff.

athletic supporter

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 10, 2009, 11:37:13 pm
I loved "One More Song For You" by the Imperials, as well as their version of "Praise The Lord." Nobody, and I mean nobody, could sing it like Russ Taff.

Who could sing it like Russ Taff? I can't remember.

zealot

Seventh Day Slumber will always be my favorite.  I've seen them 5 times back in Texas.  Prayed and hung with them after a show once at Ron Luce's Extreme Camp.  They are incredible!  Joseph, the lead singer, is awesome guy with an awesome story.

Also seen Thousand Foot Crutch, Kutless, Skillet, Tree 63, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

A few on my playlist right now - Connersvine, Day of Fire, Scott Stapp, Demon Hunter, Disciple, East West, Fyleaf, Family Force 5, Project 86, Spoken, Swtichfoot, Underoath, The Wedding, You get the idea.

theHammer

Where's the Mutemath, zealot?

zealot

Quote from: theHammer on January 11, 2009, 10:53:32 pm

I've listened to a little of their stuff.  Liked 'em.  There was a a DJ named Jade on 89.7 PowerFM back in Dallas who used to play them alot.  I miss that station!!!   :'(  We need a good Christian Rock station in NWA.

theHammer

mhs85grad

January 15, 2009, 01:05:47 pm #89 Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:31:20 pm by mhs85grad
Quote from: zealot on January 11, 2009, 09:41:43 pm
Seventh Day Slumber will always be my favorite.  I've seen them 5 times back in Texas.  Prayed and hung with them after a show once at Ron Luce's Extreme Camp.  They are incredible!  Joseph, the lead singer, is awesome guy with an awesome story.

Also seen Thousand Foot Crutch, Kutless, Skillet, Tree 63, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

A few on my playlist right now - Connersvine, Day of Fire, Scott Stapp, Demon Hunter, Disciple, East West, Fyleaf, Family Force 5, Project 86, Spoken, Swtichfoot, Underoath, The Wedding, You get the idea.

Sounds like you have a lot of the CD's I own, just throw in Anberlin, The Almost, TobyMac and a couple of others.

zealot

Quote from: mhs85grad on January 15, 2009, 01:05:47 pm

Sounds like you have a lot of the CD's I own, just throw in Anberlin, The Almost, TobyMac and a couple of others.

*goes to check if collection is missing*  HEY!  What the?

mhs85grad

Quote from: zealot on January 15, 2009, 07:36:24 pm
Quote from: mhs85grad on January 15, 2009, 01:05:47 pm

*goes to check if collection is missing*  HEY!  What the?

Sounds like me after my kids raid my CD's.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: zealot on January 12, 2009, 07:16:03 am

I've listened to a little of their stuff.  Liked 'em.  There was a a DJ named Jade on 89.7 PowerFM back in Dallas who used to play them alot.  I miss that station!!!   :'(  We need a good Christian Rock station in NWA.
This is online, but you can try it, and it's done in NWA:
www.MyPositiveEdge.com

zealot

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on January 17, 2009, 11:31:12 pm
Quote from: zealot on January 12, 2009, 07:16:03 am

This is online, but you can try it, and it's done in NWA:
www.MyPositiveEdge.com

Yeah, it's the Jesus Freak show guys ono KLRC.  It's awesome, but I want something I can listen to when driving my truck around during the day.  Which is most of my day.

SouthpawSensation

Oh, another one to try if your radio in your vehicle is strong enough in NWA .. 103.5 is now Air One, and it's from a Bartlesville station. They also play a little bit heavier stuff than the usual Contemporary Christian. I know I've picked it up from time to time while driving around.

True Believer

Third Day and Brandon Heath will be at ASU Convo Friday, March 20th at 7:30.

mhs85grad

True Believer

bleudog

Coach Venny Slocombe

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas