• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kane Moix signs with UCA!

Started by SandLizard04, May 01, 2006, 01:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SandLizard04

I'm very excited about this. Based on the times I've seen them play, I felt that Moix was a better player than Michael Sanchez. He and Marcus Pillow were the best two high school players I've seen the past two years...so naturally I'm very happy that both of them are going to be Bears for the next few years!

Here's a very nice article about his commitment to UCA.

Some snippets from the article:
Moix, twice this newspaper's choice as its Player of the Year, was the top vote-getter from the conference to the Class AAAAA All-State team last season.

He also was All-State following his junior year when he averaged 19.4 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.

The 6-foot-6 forward averaged 15 points and eight rebounds per game last season as the Mounties finished 24-5 and claimed a share of their first conference basketball title in 49 years with a 14-2 record in the AAAAA-West.

UCA is the second-largest university in the state with an enrollment of more than 11,000.  It will become a member of the NCAA Division 1-A and 1-AA Southland Conference on June 1.

Northwestern (La.) State received the league's automatic bid and — as a No. 14 seed — rallied from a 17-point deficit with eight minutes left and won its first-round game 64-63 against No. 3 seed and Big Ten champ Iowa.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas