• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Memphis wandering to Forrest City

Started by Future Embalmer, February 06, 2006, 09:45:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Forrest City win?

yes
13 (216.7%)
no
8 (133.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: February 08, 2006, 09:45:13 am

Future Embalmer

Many remarks can be made about both the Mustangs and the Blue Devils, but I feel lead to leave all explanations on this issue quitet. I will say this, " The Mustangs will win by 10".

Devilsrule

I think with the momentum the Blue Devils have been able to seize lately (winning 3 in a row) I wouldn't be totally shocked if they upset Forrest City. But I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing if West Memphis loses. A 7-7 record may get West Memphis into the state tournament. It may not, though. But I'm think a 7-7 mark will. That means they can lose to both Forrest City and Jonesboro, but still beat Sylvan Hills, Searcy and Jacksonville and get in.
That scenario is doable.

truthbtold

I like MW by 6. (I love to rout for under-dogs)

Devilsrule

MW? Would that stand for Memphis West?
And by "rout" do you mean root?

arkansasgorilla

Forrest  Gump  City   vs  Kanye West   Memphis

will  go  down  to  last  possession  !

And  I   am  not  talking  about  drugs !!

Devilsrule

You know, that was so funny I spewed coffee all over my laptop. Har.

arkansasgorilla

is  your  man -- on  the  floor

if  he  ain't  --  let   me  know

Devilsrule

Would Arkansas Gorrilla be, in fact, Keith Lee?

QueenB

arkansasgorilla

you     be  tripping   

Keith  my  cuzzin

but   he  be  in  jail  for  4  mo   weeks

wrightg

FORREST CITY will win this one by 11.
Go Stangs!

arkansasgorilla

I  Repeat

Forrest  Gump City  vs  Kanye  West  Memphis

will  go  down  to  last  possession

and  I  don't  mean   drugs !

Young Boy

If FC can stop Henry They'll win by at least 9, if they don't it comes down to who plays the last 3 minutes the toughest.

arkansasgorilla

Man  this  one  is  gonna  be 

Ghetto  vs  ghetto  !

Krunck  vs  Krunck   !

Grill   vs  Grill   !

White  Tee  vs  White  Tee  !

Flavor  vs  Flav    !

razorback5

Well both clubs have been playing some great ball lately. I think I'm going to have to give the edge to FC at home. I also don't think WM has the defenders to contain Britt, Weaver, and Stewart. I say FC by 8.

FC-64
WM-56

cabotballer1087

henry counters crappy defense, just about the other players steppin up to give him some help....withat that said, FC by 5

HOGDOG

Will Weaver play much? If so how healthy is he?

Future Embalmer

the  indications  here  are  that  he  won't  play  tonight.  we  are  3-0  without  him.  we  survived  jax.  and  i  hope  we  can  survive  west  memphis.  it  will  be tough  without  our  main  weapon.

HOGDOG

It will be a good one if WM can get some sort of inside game going that would make it easier for them. But, if they really negate Henry I think FC will win. FC had alot of open threes that didnt fall in WM they will shoot better there tonight so WM will have to get out on the perimeter and close out on those shots  and make FC beat inside. Take away Britts dribble drive( extremely hard to do) and get out on Stewart then maybe we win. Make someone else beat ya.

savenutt

Britt  has  taken  his  game to  another level  since  Weaver  has  been  out.  32  against  SH, 15 at  JB,  23  against  JAX. Stewart  has  gone 17  against  SH,  25 at  JB  and  21  against  JAX.  It  is  hard  to  contain  them  because  they  are  so  unique  in  how  they  play.  This  is  what  makes  Bray  the  man.  He  will  come  up  with  something  to  slow  them  down.

HOGDOG

Talked to him last night. I am sure they will do something different than the first time. If FC is patient then attacks off the dribble I think they will shoot lots of free throws but sometimes they get real trigger happy from the three. They will make someone besides Britt beat them I am sure.

savenutt

great  point  HOGDOG  and  i  don't  know  if  they  do  have  anyone  else  that  could.  Palmer(PG)  can  score  in  the  teens  but  he  will  have  too  much  other  responsibilites  tonght.  I  don't  think  Henry  can  play  Britt  man-to-man.  Then  again  i  don't  think  Britt  can  stop  Henry  either.  They  went  head  up  a  few  times  in  WM.  Both  got  the  best  of  the  other.

wrightg

Tonight was a good game!  Came down to FC was the better ball club...from the top to the bottom. 
FC 58
WM 49

Titan Spirit

give us a recap...was it a lot like the jacksonville game?

wrightg

February 07, 2006, 10:04:43 pm #24 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 10:07:08 pm by quixtar
No it was nothing like the Jacksonville game.  FC was in control from the midway point of the first quarter.  WM jumped out 9 to 4 but after that the Stangs took control.  Weaver didn't play and Britt played his worst game of conference with only 12 points.  Stewart took over in the first half.  From the 3rd quarter on, the Stangs put it on cruise control.  FC was the better team from the TOP to the bottom.
WM has improved since the first time we played them.
Go Stangs!

Titan Spirit

how do you think jville and wm stack up?  that game could be big for both teams...

wrightg

I'm picking Jville over WM.  WM rely too much on Henry.  He's not the only force they have Bray just thinks he is.  If Joyner is able to contain him like Lofton did, they will win.  Don't know where that will put WM but after what I saw tonight and possibly comparing them to our playing Jville, I don't see a win.
Go Stangs!

woods

Mustangs  continue  to  roll without  Weaver.  Britt  played  kind  of  bad  offensively  tonight.  Bray  did  some  things  to  slow  him  down.  Stewart  went  off  for  the  Mustangs  again.  Palmer(PG)  also  shot  lights  out  for  Mustnags.  Role  players  stepped  up  big.  West  Memphis  looks  a  lot  better.  Bray  tried  to  play  them  man  and  that  wasn't  a  good  idea.  Henry  did  a  good  job  on  Britt  but  Stewart  is  really  the  Mustangs  best  offensive  player. 

herws

Quote from: quixtar on February 07, 2006, 10:21:01 pm
I'm picking Jville over WM.  WM rely too much on Henry.  He's not the only force they have Bray just thinks he is.  If Joyner is able to contain him like Lofton did, they will win.  Don't know where that will put WM but after what I saw tonight and possibly comparing them to our playing Jville, I don't see a win.
Go Stangs!
Bray just thinks he is? Bray has more titles himself than FC's school has Conf. championships. And coaches don't stop players, players stop players. 

Anyway, FC needed that win. Anything they can get without  Weaver is gravy.

HOGDOG

No he is all they got. He is terrible defensively. FC played real good against the man to man. Stewart is a very very good player is as good as Britt and Weaver. FC drove to the basket more and didnt rely on 3's so much last night. WM is just not good on defense and that is not common for WM. You could see it last night Bray is fed up with this group. WM could have gotten the ball inside more often but their guards are not good passers. WM is just not all that good plain and simple but get us while we are down we got some coming up that with work will be tough.

wrightg

February 08, 2006, 10:42:33 am #30 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:50:06 am by quixtar
Quote from: herws on February 08, 2006, 08:31:57 am
Bray just thinks he is? Bray has more titles himself than FC's school has Conf. championships. And coaches don't stop players, players stop players. Anyway, FC needed that win. Anything they can get without Weaver is gravy.

Excuse me!  You can't be serious? Coaches direct plays that's executed by their players...that's why they're called coaches...duh!  Furthermore, titles meant absolutely nothing in Stang arena last night.
Go Stangs!

HOGDOG

Just because a play is called doesnt mean a team can run it. If another team is better they will not allow you to do what you want. Coaches can play a huge role in how well a team knows a play but doesnt mean they will execute it the right way.

herws

Quote from: quixtar on February 08, 2006, 10:42:33 am
Bray just thinks he is? Bray has more titles himself than FC's school has Conf. championships. And coaches don't stop players, players stop players. Anyway, FC needed that win. Anything they can get without Weaver is gravy.

Excuse me!  You can't be serious? Coaches direct plays that's executed by their players...that's why they're called coaches...duh!  Furthermore, titles meant absolutely nothing in Stang arena last night.
Go Stangs![/quot
Quote from: quixtar on February 08, 2006, 10:42:33 am

Go Stangs!
Titles might haven't meant anything last night, but you dogged Bray like he doesn't know how to coach and you were DEAD WRONG. That is b/c Henry has ZERO help.  I guess Bray held Britt to 12 points last night too. Trust me, if the teams swapped coaches last night, FC would have won by 30, and that is b/c the talent level between the two are vastly different AND Bray was the coach.

I know you are trying to pump your Stangs b/c ya'll finally have something good going, but you don't have to dog coaches and other teams b/c they don't  beat you.  Especially Hall of Fame coaches who have a proven track record that you come on here on dog out and make yourself look even more uninformed. Save that crap for the FC pep bus.

godeep

Let's  leave  the coaches  out  of  this.  Herws  made  a  good  point    players  stop   players.  Bray  has  had  tremendous  talent  thru  the  years  no  doubt.  He  is  a  great  coach  when  he  has  great  talent  like  anyone  else.  The  other  side  of  the  coin  would  be  that  this  would  have  been  the  year  he  could  have  shown  just  how  special  he  is  with  the  lack  of  talent.  His  inability  to  get  Henry  to  conform  to  what  he  needs  him  to  do,  inability  to  alter  playing  style  to  match  personal  could  be  held  against  him  too.  Coaches  are  blamed  too  much  when  things  go  bad  and  given  too  much  credit  when  things   go well.  He  is  the  best  i've  seen  and  quxtar  titles  mean  everything.  Lofton  has  finally  had  the  opportunity  to  work  with  real  talent.  For  them  to  continue  to  play  well  without  Weaver  shows  to  me  the  guy  is  doing  something  right.  But  don't  fool  yourself  it  comes  down  to  having  solid  players. 

herws

HOGDOG

Was very impressed with Lofton last night. Thought FC ran their offense very well. I think Bray showed how special he was last year  because the talent last year wasnt that great besides Mangum. Henry is not coachable. Sometimes you cant get a kid to conform when they are not very smart. Sometimes you have a group that doesnt want to be good and you get through those years while working on the younger guys.

wrightg

February 08, 2006, 02:11:55 pm #36 Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 05:36:29 pm by quixtar
Very well put.
Go Stangs!

herws

We know you will and then you will report back to us and talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas