• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East with 5 games to go

Started by Titan Spirit, February 04, 2006, 10:29:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan Spirit

Jonesboro   9   0
Forrest City   7   2
Jacksonville   5   4
Cabot   4   5
West Memphis   4   5
Sylvan Hills   4   5
Searcy   3   6
Mountain Home   0   9

godeep

1.  Jonesboro--  they  are  the  number  1  seed  no  doubt
2.  forrest  city-  win  tuesday  against  WM  and  number  2  a  lock
3.  jacksonville-  must  win  over  searcy, cabot,mountain  home  for  3
4.  West  memphis-  coming  around  at right  time win  at  FC would  seal it
5.  Cabot--  must  i  mean  must  beat  jacksonville  tuesday
6.  sylvan  hills-- can't  see  them  beating  anyone  above  them
7.  searcy-------- perimeter  players  are  too  weak  to  be  a  force
8.  mountain  home--  they  really  did  have  a  good  football  team   

hoopstar

Games this Tuesday

Jacksonville at Cabot
Jonesboro at Mountain Home
Searcy at Sylvan Hills
West Memphis at Forrest City

After watching West Memphis/Cabot last night...I don't think the Blue Devils have the fire power to beat Forrest City...but after Tuesdays game it is possible, if not probable that you could have this conference scenario...

Jonesboro          10   0
Forrest City        8   2
Jacksonville        6   4
Cabot                 4   6
West Memphis   4   6
Sylvan Hills         4   6
Searcy                4   6
Mountain Home   0   10

That would set up a wild finish with some great games...look at the teams that are fighting for the final spots key games....

Cabot-Jacksonville, at Sylvan Hills, Forrest City at Jonesboro
Jacksonville--at Cabot, Jonesboro, Searcy, at West Memphis
West Memphis-at Forrest City, at Sylvan Hills, Jonesboro, Jacksonville, at Searcy
Sylvan Hills--Searcy, West Memphis, Cabot, at Jonesboro, at Forrest City
Searcy--at Sylvan Hills, at Forrest City, at Jacksonville, West Mamphis

With those schedules, I figure that Cabot will finish 1-4, Jacksonville 4-1, West Memphis 2-3, Sylvan Hills 1-4, and Searcy 2-3...that would have the final standings look like this....

Jonesboro                14   0
Forrest City              12   2
Jacksonville              9   5
West Memphis         6   8
Searcy                     5   9
Cabot                      5   9
Sylvan Hills              5   9
Mountain Home       0   14

Thats without any trip ups by the top two, and without Mtn Home sneaking up on someone....

bighorn7

OK, Titan, here goes:

Jonesboro-----should not lose a conference game; too deep for both Jacksonville and West Memphis.  Jacksonville game will probably be a war, but J'boro is physical enough to handle it.  WM will slow it down, but J'boro overcame it at Cabot, and Cabot played very well that night.....

Forrest City-----I think they're going to slip up once or twice.  Cabot will give them trouble at home, IF they shoot reasonably well, something they didn't do against WM or against FC the first time.  West Memphis has had their number over the years too and has a BIG height advantage.  Plus, FC only beat WM by 5 the first time around and WM is certainly playing with urgency now.....

Jacksonville-----not out of the woods yet.  BIG game vs Cabot on Tuesday for both teams.  A J'ville win probably ends Cabot's chances, but a Cabot win makes it almost a necessity that they beat either Jonesboro or West Memphis, and that game is away from home.

Cabot-----ditto the J'ville game.  Did not play well vs West Memphis, but was missing their emotional leader who keys their defense (illness).  Cabot missed 3 big layups in the first half and had 3 three-pointers go down and come out in the second half that turned the WM game.  I have a gut feeling that Cabot will play well against Jacksonville.  Joyner gave us a lot of bulletin board material in the paper after the first game.  Also, for those of you who think that Forrest City will come to Cabot and win in a walk, you better think again.  Cabot matches up much better against Forrest City than against West Memphis because of size.  Cabot must go to Sylvan Hills, but matches up well with them also.  The only game remaining that the Panthers will likely have little chance to win is at Jonesboro.....

West Memphis-----none of their remaining games are easy, but cannot lose three of them, in my opinion, and still make it.  Unlike hoopstar, I don't believe 6-8 will get you in the tournament.  7-7 might depending on tiebreaker numbers.  This team has the distinct advantage of having been in this situation many times, even though 3 of their last 5 are on the road.....

Sylvan Hills-----has already played Mountain Home twice, so the 5 that are left are all extremely tough.  SH is a lot like Jacksonville, without the shooters that Jacksonville has.  They MUST beat both Cabot and West Memphis at home or they won't make it.....; a split of those two would likely force them to beat either Forrest City or Jonesboro, an unlikely scenario. 

Searcy-----the longest shot, simply because of their remaining schedule.  However, they have tended to play better on the road this year, for some strange reason.  The Lions must win 4 of their remaining 5 to have a decent shot.

If I HAD to make a prediction on how it will look at the end, here's what I would put down as of now:

Jonesboro        14-0
Forrest City      11-3
Jacksonville        8-6
Cabot                 7-7
West Memphis   6-8
Sylvan Hills         5-9
Searcy                5-9     

And, as always, we will reevaluate after next week, lol...........             

LilBit 21

Titan Spirit

Bighorn...hoopstar

I will make an attempt.. your thoughts are good...

1.   Jonesboro – no way they will lose 3 games they have the 1 seed....
2.   Forrest City – no way they will lose 3 games either they have the 2 seed

Ok now here is where the race begins...you have 5 teams with a shot at the 3 and 4 spots..
The 3 spot is very important they will play the #2 seed from the Central (either Hall or McClellan most likely), and the 4 seed will have to against the 1 seed from the West....

3.   Jacksonville – I think if they are able to pull it out Tuesday at Cabot they will get the 3
Seed....but that is a big if...they are coming off a very tough loss...lead most of the game at FC and put a lot into that game....can they recover and I feel Cabot will be very pumped for the Jville game...so that game could go either way....then Jonesboro coming to town on Friday will be a battle all the way..Jville must come out of this week at 1-1....beyond that I think they will take searcy and mountain home...but at west Memphis will be tough...they could finish as good as 9-5 or as bad as 7-7...an added bonus is that jville has good tie breaker numbers against cabot and wm....

4.   West Memphis – Have to put Wm in the 4 spot right now because they have the tie breaker head to head v Cabot right now....I think their schedule is tough...Tuesday at FC will tell a lot...if they pull that game out I think they will make it as the 3 or 4.. if not I have to go with Cabot....

5.   Cabot – Cabot is the best defensive team in the league...and the worst offensive team...if they shoot well they can beat anyone...their intensity is terrific and they never give up...I think the those last two spots will be between Cabot, WM, and Jville....if cabot wins Tuesday they are looking at worst 7-7 to me....this Tuesday will show a lot....

6.   Sylvan Hills – With US Robinson out it is very tough on the Bears. Gross is a very good player and can beat you if you are not careful..... They play with a lot of heart and could make a run...Tuesdays matchup with Searcy to me will eliminate one of the two teams...

7.   Searcy – I really thought seracy had top 4 talent and the brown kid is tough. But if he gets in foul trouble they lions struggle....the loss to cabot really put them in the hole and the game at sylvan hills will keep them hanging on or eliminate them....

8.   Mountain Home – Will they pull it off this week...not likely with Jboro and at cabot....

My Current prediction for the final standings...this league is crazy especially from the 3 to 7 spots..you never know...good luck to all the teams....

1.   Jonesboro 14-0
2.   Forrest City 11-3
3.   Jacksonville 8-6
4.   West Memphis 7-7
5.   Cabot 7-7
6.   Searcy 5-9
7.   Sylvan Hills 4-10
8.   Mountain Home 0-14

JvilleDevils

Quote from: bighorn7 on February 04, 2006, 03:57:54 pm
Joyner gave us a lot of bulletin board material in the paper after the first game.

I think bulletin board material lasts maybe 2 minutes into the game.

Vic06

Were back now, my boy is back from the spasms and its time to take care of business...

WBF †

no one cares about the girls...keep it out of the posts. I like the predicitons...nice work. If jacksonville beats cabot, the three seed is locked I think. Good luck.!

ACE DUECE

West Memphis has already played Mountain Home and Cabot for a second time.  Last 5 games could be tough.  Could possibly go winless.  6-8 may get in on tie-breaker.  This conference is crazy and like someone said earlier we could have a 4 way tie for 4th after tuesday.  I think the teams that have played FC or J'boro already and still have MH on the schedule have to be the favorites.

arkansasgorilla

Cabot  could  take  the  Joy  out  of  JAX  coach  !

Ner  will  have   to  survive  an  ambush   Tuesday  night

JacksonvilleGolfa

and o yea.....the students from jacksonville will be showing up in Cabot

rendrag54

Last I checked, the students don't play the game. :)

cabotballer1087

the students dont play the game, but dang they make it a great atmosphere

Titan Spirit

cabot baller i assume you play what # are you...

cabotballer1087

Titan Spirit

you guys have a very solid team...would be nice to see cabot and jville make it to state this year..two that have not been in a while...it should be a great battle down to the wire could go either way...cabot has a bit of an advantage being at home great atmosphere....

cabotballer1087

yeh, would be sweet.......both teams have worked hard

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas