• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Northside vs Rogers

Started by RHSMounties2006, February 01, 2006, 06:06:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RHSMounties2006

This should be a really good game.  Rogers at home is tough to win, but Northside is a very good team.  It'll be a fun game to watch.  What are your guys' thoughts on it?

rogers06

rogers by 10 billion

or maybe more like 4...?

bknight33

I will take Northside by one.

sdaleballerz

double overtime northside by one

AB™

I haven't been impressed with any teams from the West this year that I've seen, AAAA or AAAAA. 

Northside lost to Southside, who at the time was 0-7 in conference, and squeaked out a one point win over a very sub-par Van Buren squad at home.

I'm taking Rogers in this one due to the home court advantage.

buzzerbeater

bighorn7

I normally don't post on west topics, but Rogers impresses me.  They play great defense and will win if they shoot any % at all.  You sure don't want to play them in the state tourney.  I'll take Rogers 36-34 in OT.

rogers06

Quote from: Almabball on February 02, 2006, 11:32:10 am
I haven't been impressed with any teams from the West this year that I've seen, AAAA or AAAAA.

this guy was obviously not in attendance for the rogers/alma game earlier in the season...

rogers06

fyi for any of you who are planning on being at the game tomorrow night...
it's our color day, so to make sure the girls are looking (and smelling) good, they're doing all of the coronation ceremonies and stuff before the girl's game, thereby screwing up the schedule for the entire night.  so just for any parents or fans, the schedule for tomorrow night will be:
jv girls
jv boys
varsity boys (6:00ish)
coronation
varsity girls

AB™

Quote from: rogers06 on February 02, 2006, 05:08:09 pm
Quote from: Almabball on February 02, 2006, 11:32:10 am

this guy was obviously not in attendance for the rogers/alma game earlier in the season...

Yes, I was there actually.  We played like crap and we also are not that good to begin with.  I expected us to lose and lose big.  Did not surprise me one bit.

Quote from: dawgs1 on February 02, 2006, 05:30:38 pm
Almabball...not impressed with fayetteville?

I'll take Northside in this one..they seem more comfortable on the road then they do at home..northside by 5

If you will read my initial statement I said I was not impressed with the teams I have seen.

I have not had a chance to see Fayetteville play yet, therefore can not pass fair judgement on them.

Yee-Haw

One "lucky" bounce and a hard fought game later Alma has state rings while Marion is sent home with nothing.... I'm not complaining any.

I don't care how good you think Marion I guarantee they'd give Marion a good game if not beat them.  They have already beat Mills earlier this year.  They are a good team.

Does that quote look familiar to you Almabball??

buzzerbeater

Quote from: rogers06 on February 02, 2006, 06:04:09 pm
fyi for any of you who are planning on being at the game tomorrow night...
it's our color day, so to make sure the girls are looking (and smelling) good, they're doing all of the coronation ceremonies and stuff before the girl's game, thereby screwing up the schedule for the entire night.  so just for any parents or fans, the schedule for tomorrow night will be:
jv girls
jv boys
varsity boys (6:00ish)
coronation
varsity girls
Gee, I can't wait! But it will an honor to see Rogers home coming queen ;D

Just kidding, Rogers girls are hot.

RHSMounties2006

lol, das pretty funny... but leanna don't look like that ;-)  Who all is coming to the game?

buzzerbeater

February 02, 2006, 11:35:07 pm #13 Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 11:45:54 pm by buzzerbeater
Hopfully we will bring some one to shutdown this guy.

It would be nice if this happened again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
"I think our zone surprised Rogers a little bit and gave them some problems," Northside coach Johnny Mason said. "I just felt like we couldn't match up in our man like we usually do so we played a little matchup and it worked pretty good for us." Kane Moix managed just one field goal in the second half and finished with 10 points. Kyle Moix, who'd scored in double figures a team-best nine straight games, was held to just nine.

• • • Mason said afterwards that to stay with Rogers, he'd need a Herculean effort inside from big men Nick Chiolino and Paul Henry. That's just what he got. Chiolino (6-foot-6) and Henry (6-8) carried a giant load inside for the Grizzlies, harassing Kane Moix defensively and keeping plays alive offensively with second and third looks at the basket. "We played really well defensively, and we had to," Mason said. "Rogers has a great team. I expect them to be in the top two or three just like I said earlier in the season. We surprised them a little bit here tonight, but I know they'll be in it." Chiolino finished with a game-high 12 points and Henry was next for the Grizzlies with six. "We let too much over the top of our zone and we didn't rebound very well," Barnes said.

iluvthamounties23

i think rogers is going to have a different game going than they did the last time, or at least im hoping for it.
Rogers 41
Northside 38

buzzerbeater

Quote from: iluvthamounties23 on February 03, 2006, 04:30:56 pm
i think rogers is going to have a different game going than they did the last time, or at least im hoping for it.
Rogers 41
Northside 38
Dang that was a good guess. Good game Rogers!

bighorn7

Do I win something for predicting Rogers in OT?  What was the final score?

MountieFan03

43-40.  First varsity guy's game I got to this year.  It was good to watch.  Rogers almost got outcoached, but later, the Northside players just started playing poor ball.  Rogers was up by eight  (28-20) and the coach switches from a man defense to a zone defense!  Bad move.  If you're taking it to a team, you don't protect an eight point lead with more than a quarter and a half left to play.  It didn't take Northside long to get a 5 point lead with a minute to go.  Rogers made some good shots and Northside threw the ball away twice so that Rogers could tie it up and send it into overtime.  Rogers then did all they needed to win in OT making good shots and their free throws.  Great game to watch, good effort on both sides of the ball.  Just a question, why didn't Northside play their big #44 more?  We were playing him hard, double and triple teaming him, but even then he was pretty effective in the paint.  It was very difficult to stop him, but #42 didn't seem to do much against us, but he got the majority of the minutes.  Is he usually the better player?

buzzerbeater

Quote from: buzzerbeater on February 02, 2006, 11:35:07 pm
Hopfully we will bring some one to shutdown this guy.

It would be nice if this happened again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
"I think our zone surprised Rogers a little bit and gave them some problems," Northside coach Johnny Mason said. "I just felt like we couldn't match up in our man like we usually do so we played a little matchup and it worked pretty good for us." Kane Moix managed just one field goal in the second half and finished with 10 points. Kyle Moix, who'd scored in double figures a team-best nine straight games, was held to just nine.

• • • Mason said afterwards that to stay with Rogers, he'd need a Herculean effort inside from big men Nick Chiolino and Paul Henry. That's just what he got. Chiolino (6-foot-6) and Henry (6-8) carried a giant load inside for the Grizzlies, harassing Kane Moix defensively and keeping plays alive offensively with second and third looks at the basket. "We played really well defensively, and we had to," Mason said. "Rogers has a great team. I expect them to be in the top two or three just like I said earlier in the season. We surprised them a little bit here tonight, but I know they'll be in it." Chiolino finished with a game-high 12 points and Henry was next for the Grizzlies with six. "We let too much over the top of our zone and we didn't rebound very well," Barnes said.

Quote from: MountieFan05 on February 04, 2006, 10:04:26 am
43-40.  First varsity guy's game I got to this year.  It was good to watch.  Rogers almost got outcoached, but later, the Northside players just started playing poor ball.  Rogers was up by eight  (28-20) and the coach switches from a man defense to a zone defense!  Bad move.  If you're taking it to a team, you don't protect an eight point lead with more than a quarter and a half left to play.  It didn't take Northside long to get a 5 point lead with a minute to go.  Rogers made some good shots and Northside threw the ball away twice so that Rogers could tie it up and send it into overtime.  Rogers then did all they needed to win in OT making good shots and their free throws.  Great game to watch, good effort on both sides of the ball.  Just a question, why didn't Northside play their big #44 more?  We were playing him hard, double and triple teaming him, but even then he was pretty effective in the paint.  It was very difficult to stop him, but #42 didn't seem to do much against us, but he got the majority of the minutes.  Is he usually the better player?
See above post what #42 did at The home game. Nick got in foul trouble early,plus the Rogers zone was coverin Nick like a hobo on a ham sanwich.
Paul Henry#44 did a good job after the guards finally dribble drive and dished off. Paul got more minutes this game.
As teams work more on zones aginst NHS, look for #42 and #44 to be in the game at the same time working the high low. This wore teams out in JV and should bust the zone.

heffy22

Doesn't Rogers play match-up zone all the time.  I didn't think Barnes played man.

Yee-Haw

Yes....but that guy sure sounded like he knew he was talking about it didn't he   ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas