• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAAAA-EAST STANDINGS UPDATE

Started by woods, January 18, 2006, 10:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

woods

jonesboro    4-0   looking  good , team  to  beat
forrest  city  3-1   playing  as  expected.  taking  everyones  best  shot
sylvan  hills  3-1 jonesboro, forrest  city,  cabot  left  win  2  of  those  i'll get  on  bandwagon
j-ville            2-2 playing  good  will  finish  in  top  3
cabot           2-2  season  comes  down  to  next  3  games  forrest  city, jonesboro, sylvan  hills
searcy          1-3  lost  3  at  home  tough  road  back
wmemphis   1-3  same  as  searcy   3  home defeats  will  never  count them  out
mhome        0-4  man  they  had  a  great  football  season  there  is  always  cross  country

HOGDOG

Wm is in bad trouble. Best player on the team maybe conference is just not a good leader plain and simple. Missed free throws that could have won it for the Devils with about 15 seconds left. I want Mangum back we miss him soooooooo bad.

JvilleDevils

Could be in BIG BIG trouble if they go to JAX and lose.

godeep

hogdog  you  are  rigght.  there  guard    play  was  terrible.  they  have  no  scoring  options  outside  of  henry. they  showed  great  heart  at  the  end.  i'm  still  think  if  they  could  just  win  one  it  could  help  them  a  lot. 

Future Embalmer

Jonesboro    4-0   they are playing extremely well!  Great ball players, and as WOODS said,    "Team to beat"
Forrest city   3-1   my opinion not playing as expected, but they are doing admirable with the squad they have!
Sylvan Hills    3-1   Keep up the flaxen work
Jacksonville              2-2   coach I feel that the pay raise was good, but the move was repulsive
Cabot              2-2   clarification needed from someone else   
Searcy             1-3   is something wrong with you all gym; lost three at home
Memphis      1-3   same to Searcy to West Memphis
Mountain Home        0-4   try Offering everything from baseball to croquet, row boating to yoga, this is the place to enjoy the great outdoors, get fit, and just relaxing, due to the fact that basketball is not working out for you all.

HOGDOG

Yeah WM guards are weak and not able to score much. FC i think relys on the 3 way too much. Some nights at home that will work great but with their guard play they should attack off the dribble much more. Weaver doesnt touch it enough he is hard to stop off the dribble. Britt should be penetrating more and him and Weaver should shoot 15-20 FT's a night. They are a little passive at times. Great kids and are fun to watch now that I am not coaching against them:)

wrightg

January 18, 2006, 03:25:10 pm #6 Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:07:28 am by quixtar
Arkansas's Top Ten
BOYS BASKETBALL RANKINGS
as of: 1/18/2006 as reported by MaxPreps: Arkansas High School Sports. 
Need I comment further?
1 Forrest City (AR)

7 Jonesboro (AR)
Go Stangs!Jonesboro, Sylvan Hills, Cabot, Jacksonville, Searcy, W. Memphis, Mt Home

NeverFear

Forrest City is really tough from the outside, but they have a big weakness inside as Jonesboro exposed.

wrightg

Sooooooooo are you saying the really toughness from the outside or the big weakness inside (as JB exposed) caused that #1 spot...I'm missing your point!
Go Stangs!

herws

Well they did beat them, so I would say they exposed it. And a poll on Jan. 16 th has never determined a state champ come March. If FC comes away with the title then I could see you boasting like this but you are making your self look stupid.

wrightg

January 19, 2006, 11:21:54 am #10 Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:25:33 am by quixtar
It's going to be ok, have a blessed day my friend!
Go Stangs!

godeep

Herws  remember a  lot  of  these  people  aren't  as  knowledgeable  as  you  are.  most  of  them  speak  from  emotion  and  not   facts.  if  it's  not  you , titan  spirit,  hogdog, woods or  a  couple  more  i don't  waste  my  time.   

QueenB

Hey, There's nothing wrong with giving current standings props!!! As the season continues I'm sure props will be given where they are due...

MaxPrep Statement regarding rankings (Pay attention to the last sentence):
The size of the schools, their division, the league they're in, how good the school or league are historically, their geographic location, how well liked the school is, how good the league is in other sports do not matter and therefore, none of these factors are programmed into the system. Those subjective factors inevitably bias humans saddled with the daunting task of trying to figure out who the best teams in the nation, in a state, or a region really are!

Forrest City is currently ranked at #1! For anyone who would like to check America's Source for High School Sports out it's www.maxpreps.com.

herws

Quote from: godeep on January 19, 2006, 11:57:29 am
Herws remember a lot of these people aren't as knowledgeable as you are. most of them speak from emotion and not facts. if it's not you , titan spirit, hogdog, woods or a couple more i don't waste my time.
Well I have seen some good posts from quixtar before so I guess that was fool's gold.:)

NeverFear

Quote from: quixtar on January 19, 2006, 10:37:39 am
Sooooooooo are you saying the really toughness from the outside or the big weakness inside (as JB exposed) caused that #1 spot...I'm missing your point!
Go Stangs!

I don't think this is a sentence.

cantrellmosley

Quote from: HOGDOG on January 18, 2006, 10:57:19 am
Wm is in bad trouble. Best player on the team maybe conference is just not a good leader plain and simple. Missed free throws that could have won it for the Devils with about 15 seconds left. I want Mangum back we miss him soooooooo bad.

dang he is gone crap are y'all gone let him go he put it in my hands he is my cousin and I will win state for him for the third time. I can't dribble as good as him nor do I have eyes like him but basketball is in our blood. I can play just as good as him,but  I know how to win just like he do. This is to Mark do your thing in Fort Smith Cousin, and me and Jason will hold it down for our team and our RESPECT for our team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas