• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens week 13 top 10 rankings

Started by 501Arkansas, November 20, 2018, 12:41:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

As we move to the quarterfinals here are the rankings and picks for this week by Hootens

1. Booneville (12-0)
2. Smackover (10-1)
3. Osceola (11-1)
4. Prescott (11-1)
5. Rison (12-0)
6. C. Harmony Grove (9-3)
7. McGehee (9-3)
8. Clinton (11-1)
9. Lamar (10-2)
10. Mayflower(10-2)

Picks are in caps:

#3 OSCEOLA at #2 Smackover(GAME OF THE WEEK)
#9 Lamar at #5 RISON
#6 C. Harmony Grove at #1 BOONEVILLE
#7 McGehee at # 4 PRESCOTT

FEEL FREE TO PUT OTHER RANKINGS, YOUR THOUGHTS AND PREDICTIONS ON HERE AS WELL

Warriors023

November 20, 2018, 12:46:59 am #1 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:52:33 am by Warriors023
Osceola scores last in this offensive shootout
Osceola 42
Smack 35

Doc and crew stun 3A and show Rison what a "power" run game looks like, outsmarting the wildcats for an upset victory
Lamar 21
Rison 14

Booneville kills the swarm that is CHG, running the football down their throats and making them love every moment of it.
Booneville 42
CHG 21

Prescott's offense will do the same to McGhee as Rison a did. Prescott rolls in this one winning in a high scoring affair.
Prescott 49
McGhee 35

Waterboy94

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 20, 2018, 12:46:59 am
Osceola 42
Smack 35

Doc and crew stun 3A and show Rison what a "power" run game looks like, outsmarting the wildcats for an upset victory
Lamar 21
Rison 14

Booneville kills the swarm that is CHG, running the football down their throats and making them love every moment of it.
Booneville 42
CHG 21

Prescott's offense will do the same to McGhee as Rison a did. Prescott rolls in this one winning in a high scoring affair.
Prescott 49
McGhee 35
Running the football down their throats and making them love every moment of it.  Please send me your address so I can send you a plaque with that comment on it.

Warriors023

Quote from: Waterboy94 on November 20, 2018, 08:56:28 am
Running the football down their throats and making them love every moment of it.  Please send me your address so I can send you a plaque with that comment on it.
Don't know if I should take that as a compliment or what😂😂

Headhunter15

Osceola 42
Smack 35

Lamar 21
Rison 14

Booneville 42
CHG 21

Prescott 49
McGhee 35

How long ago did Lamar switch offenses ? I remember Lamar passing the ball a lot back when they came to Smackover

Warriors023

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 20, 2018, 09:08:25 am

How long ago did Lamar switch offenses ? I remember Lamar passing the ball a lot back when they came to Smackover
About 4 years ago they went to a hybrid wing T/ Spread

Jimbo Morphis

Osceola 42
Smack 35

Doc and crew stun 3A and show Rison what a “power” run game looks like, outsmarting the wildcats for an upset victory
Lamar 21
Rison 14

Booneville 42
CHG 21

Prescott’s offense will do the same to McGhee as Rison a did. Prescott rolls in this one winning in a high scoring affair.
Prescott 49
McGhee 35

Mcgehee

CoolBreeze

Osceola 42
Smack 35

Lamar 21
Rison 14

Booneville 42
CHG 21

Prescott 49
McGhee 35
Pretty good analysis, except for the wishful thinking re Lamar.

Hgalum50

Osceola 42
Smack 35

Lamar 21
Rison 14

Booneville 42
CHG 21

Prescott 49
McGhee 35
Run it down our throats huh? Daniel Hicks and company might have a little to say about that!

Warriors023

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 20, 2018, 12:23:09 pm
Run it down our throats huh? Daniel Hicks and company might have a little to say about that!
The only thing they're gonna have to say is please make it stop! CHG has NO clue what they're rolling into with Booneville Friday. Lamar has one of the TOP run defenses in the state and Booneville moved the ball mostly at will. CHG will be hit in the mouth and go home bruised and battered.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 20, 2018, 12:54:34 pm
The only thing they're gonna have to say is please make it stop! CHG has NO clue what they're rolling into with Booneville Friday. Lamar has one of the TOP run defenses in the state and Booneville moved the ball mostly at will. CHG will be hit in the mouth and go home bruised and battered.
+1

blackandoldgold

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 20, 2018, 12:54:34 pm
Just curious (Warriors023), are you a Lamar fan or a Booneville fan?

Warriors023

Definitely a lamar fan, however Booneville is a dominant force. CHG has little chance against a team of that caliber.

blackandoldgold

Will you be able to make the game Friday night @ Rison?

Warriors023

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 20, 2018, 01:38:33 pm
Will you be able to make the game Friday night @ Rison?
That's a 10-4, will be there

blackandoldgold

November 20, 2018, 01:55:13 pm #16 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:59:37 pm by blackandoldgold
Safe travels to you & all from Lamar heading south.

Hopefully we'll see a great football game with no kids getting hurt.

Best of luck to you & your team. If you win, good luck going forward.

I'll be sitting in the north end zone rooting my wildcats on.

The Rison fans used to have a tailgate party somewhere around or behind the south end zone & welcomed guests to join in & eat free before the game. With the potential weather I don't know if that will be going on this week or not. Maybe some of the hedge dwellers from Rison can chime in & help me here. 

ROULETTE

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 20, 2018, 01:55:13 pm
Safe travels to you & all from Lamar heading south.

Hopefully we'll see a great football game with no kids getting hurt.

Best of luck to you & your team. If you win, good luck going forward.

I'll be sitting in the north end zone rooting my wildcats on.

The Rison fans used to have a tailgate party somewhere around or behind the south end zone & welcomed guests to join in & eat free before the game. With the potential weather I don't know if that will be going on this week or not. Maybe some of the hedge dwellers from Rison can chime in & help me here.

I always loved playing Rison at Rison.  Scoring a TD in the hedge dweller endzone was always a little more sweet :)

xadboy

How do you have Clinton in the top 8? They're sitting at home watching everyone else play. You jump CHG up to 6 from 13, makes no sense to me.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: xadboy on November 20, 2018, 04:37:58 pm
How do you have Clinton in the top 8? They're sitting at home watching everyone else play. You jump CHG up to 6 from 13, makes no sense to me.
They lost one game this season and it was to Prescott.

ROULETTE

Or Mayflower at 10??

xadboy

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 20, 2018, 04:43:59 pm
They lost one game this season and it was to Prescott.
And yet they are at home while 8 other teams are still playing. Don't care who they lost to.

Jimbo Morphis

It's that time of year. Soon everyone will be arguing that their team should be ranked #3 instead of #5. Just remember in a couple of years no one remembers.

Proud Buckaroo

Because CHG beat Glen Rose... While Lamar beat a decent Harding team. Clinton; Previously number 4 lost to the number 5 team....

elmerfudd

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 20, 2018, 12:23:09 pm

What number are the Hicks and the Falls kids?

Proud Buckaroo

elmerfudd

CoolBreeze

Quote from: xadboy on November 20, 2018, 10:55:08 pm
And yet they are at home while 8 other teams are still playing. Don't care who they lost to.
You know the fact that one team remains alive while another has lost does not necessarily mean that they are the better team. It depends on the bracket. I remember one year when Barton made it to WMS when they were not even the best team in their conference. But HA had to play Charleston earlier in the playoffs so they were sitting home while Barton and other teams remained in action.

Hgalum50

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 21, 2018, 09:07:04 am
Thanks! I'll be watching them. They sound like studs.
They are 3 and 61. Damien Daniel and Kentrell Hill are our big WRs they are 2 and 30. The team is full of athletes tbh, but is it enough to take y'all down I ain't quite sure, but I don't think it will be a blow out.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 21, 2018, 11:23:46 am
They are 3 and 61. Damien Daniel and Kentrell Hill are our big WRs they are 2 and 30. The team is full of athletes tbh, but is it enough to take y'all down I ain't quite sure, but I don't think it will be a blow out.

I'm all in favor of a tight, competitive game for entertainment purposes alone.

Hgalum50

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 21, 2018, 11:48:41 am
I'm all in favor of a tight, competitive game for entertainment purposes alone.
Most definetly! I just hope we can come up there and give y'all a game. Our players and coaching staff have been in these types of games just like y'all have. If we play like we did against Glen Rose, Smackover and Junctiom City then it wll be a good game.

xadboy

Ok, say Booneville, Smackover, Prescott and Lamar finds a way to beat Rison. What would your rankings be then?

RHScats

This board would resort to hypothetical polls

Proud Buckaroo

How about this? If you don't like Hooten's rankings or other peoples rankings.

Just start your own.

Let me make it easier for you to start with...

1 Lamar.
2. Lamar Junior high.
3. Lamar JV.
4. Lamar Cheerleaders.
5. Lamar fan base.
6. Lamar's cow pasture smell.
7. Lamar parking places during rain fall.
8. Lamar waterboy.

xadboy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 21, 2018, 02:15:51 pm
How about this? If you don't like Hooten's rankings or other peoples rankings.

Just start your own.

Let me make it easier for you to start with...

1 Lamar.
2. Lamar Junior high.
3. Lamar JV.
4. Lamar Cheerleaders.
5. Lamar fan base.
6. Lamar's cow pasture smell.
7. Lamar parking places during rain fall.
8. Lamar waterboy.
PB perhaps you don't understand. I'm just asking if you're one of the 8 teams still playing how can you not be top 8? I don't care about who that team is. Lamar, Smackover or Two Rivers the team doesn't matter to me.

flow51

Beat Rison and you will be in the top 8! Give a good showing and it may be possible!

xadboy

Quote from: flow51 on November 21, 2018, 03:07:45 pm
Beat Rison and you will be in the top 8! Give a good showing and it may be possible!
It doesn't matter about what team it is! The question is how do you leave out of the top 8 one if the 8 teams still playing? That is my question regardless of who that eighth team is.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: xadboy on November 21, 2018, 03:17:44 pm
It doesn't matter about what team it is! The question is how do you leave out of the top 8 one if the 8 teams still playing? That is my question regardless of who that eighth team is.

Like stated before....

Just because team A is still in the playoffs and team B isn't.... Doesn't mean Team A is better than Team B.

If Lamar had faced Prescott the same round that Clinton did. We wouldn't be having this conversation.

MR#1

1. Booneville (12-0)
2. Smackover (10-1)
3. Osceola (11-1)
4. Prescott (11-1)
5. Rison (12-0)
7. McGehee (9-3)
8. Lamar (10-2)*
9. Clinton (11-1)*
10. Mayflower(10-2)

* There, I fixed it.

Note: You don't hear Rison fans complaining about being a conference champion and being undefeated, yet ranked number 5 behind three teams with one loss and one of those is not a conference champion. Why? It only matters that the Cats are still playing and focused on the prize. That's the mindset and its paid off 8 times.

501Arkansas

Week 14 Semifinals

1. Booneville (13-0)
2. Osceola (12-1)
3. Rison (13-0)
4. Prescott (12-1)

PICKS ARE IN CAPS

#3 Rison at #2 OSCEOLA
#4 Prescott at #1 BOONEVILLE

ISU7

Quote from: MR#1 on November 21, 2018, 03:44:43 pm
1. Booneville (12-0)
2. Smackover (10-1)
3. Osceola (11-1)
4. Prescott (11-1)
5. Rison (12-0)
7. McGehee (9-3)
8. Lamar (10-2)*
9. Clinton (11-1)*
10. Mayflower(10-2)

* There, I fixed it.

Note: You don't hear Rison fans complaining about being a conference champion and being undefeated, yet ranked number 5 behind three teams with one loss and one of those is not a conference champion. Why? It only matters that the Cats are still playing and focused on the prize. That's the mindset and its paid off 8 times.
Exactly. that's all that matters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas