• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Dumas @ Rivercrest

Started by Crispyfried, November 16, 2018, 09:57:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will prevail?

Dumas
Rivercrest

Crispyfried

November 16, 2018, 09:57:53 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:06:12 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Here we go! Bobcats win a thriller against Helena, hats off to them. Dumas at Rivercrest next. Thoughts?

Sports Guru

This gonna be a great game.

Gonna be tough to go beat the Colts on their on turf for sure. Good luck Dumas.

Redskin2015

Crispyfried

bigchief72455

Redskin2015

Ghost of Colts52

I imagine dumas will be a good football team. I think the last time the two teams met was my junior year and y'all beat us on both sides of a home/home. We were terrible then lol. Should be a good one at the TEZ

Coltfan2005

If the Colt defense (the starters) play next week like they did in the second half tonight...I'd have to go with the Colts.

Redskin2015

501Arkansas

boknows69

Dumas has too much of an outside run game for most to handle. Dumas by 8

bulldoghistorian

When was the last time Dumas played with the turkeys?

Crispyfried

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 16, 2018, 10:32:59 pm
When was the last time Dumas played with the turkeys?

2007 season, lost to CAC in the quarterfinals

RyanLR

This is the best team Crest has played all year. Bobcats by 14.

bulldoghistorian

PermaBan

From what I watched of Dumass they are big and fast. I think RC will have to drive the ball and burn clock to stay in it. And when the offense gets inside the 20 get touchdowns.

PermaBan

Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2018, 10:43:07 pm
This is the best team Crest has played all year. Bobcats by 14.
And you're wrong, Cave City was the best team the colts played all season. Tough group of cavemen and cavewomen they were.

redandgray

Dumas will be tough.  No doubt about that!

ea cat

Happy we will playing on Rivercrest new field instead of at the Cotton Patch.

richboy

Goodbye rivercrest. This is your final game of the season.

bigchief72455

Every week seems to be Rivercrest last game of the season.

ISU7

Quote from: richboy on November 17, 2018, 12:33:47 am
Goodbye rivercrest. This is your final game of the season.
Lol you been gone so you have to keep trolling Crest forums. Lol too funny.

Ball Hawk

ISU7

Crest against the world. The temperature will regulate for most when or if Crest loses. 😂🤣💯

Ball Hawk

Quote from: ISU7 on November 17, 2018, 12:50:28 am
Crest against the world. The temperature will regulate for most when or if Crest loses. 😂🤣💯

Dumas the best 4A team I've seen this season, once you watch the tapes you will see the same. They are scary big and fast.

ISU7

Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 17, 2018, 12:51:58 am
Dumas the best 4A team I've seen this season, once you watch the tapes you will see the same. They are scary big and fast.
I know they're definitely a good team.

ea cat

What exit is the new field on I-55? Looking forward to playing on turf after 3 weeks in the mud.

Razorhummer

Agreed.

Coltfan2005

Colts have just a little bit of speed themselves.

ISU7

Quote from: ea cat on November 17, 2018, 01:31:18 am
What exit is the new field on I-55? Looking forward to playing on turf after 3 weeks in the mud.
I think it's exit 41.

richboy

Quote from: ISU7 on November 17, 2018, 12:45:38 am
Lol you been gone so you have to keep trolling Crest forums. Lol too funny.
been gone? Were still playing buddy. I been said Dumas will be your fall. I havent been wrong yet.

bigchief72455

It should be a good game. I know everyone has stated that Dumas is big and fast but RC isn't small and slow. This game may be all about which defense falls first.

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 17, 2018, 09:12:23 am
It should be a good game. I know everyone has stated that Dumas is big and fast but RC isn't small and slow. This game may be all about which defense falls first.
+1,000

Ghost of Colts52

After watching Dumas on film, they are a good football team. Athletes everywhere. Much like the Colts. I think we have a good one on our hands. I'm going to give the colts the nod because of home field and experience. 24-14 Colts

#1thetruth

Lol.... lmbo.... not even close.. Faux News!!!

ea cat

Thanks. Rivercrest has speedy skill guys with good moves. Good fundamental team. Defense flies to the ball. Should be a great game.

Sports Guru

I think it's gonna be a defensive battle all game with Dumas getting a late Touchdown by their quarterback to seal the win.

Dumas 16 Rivercrest 14

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 17, 2018, 04:02:09 am
Colts have just a little bit of speed themselves.

Right. Rivercrest has tons of speed as well. That RB would start for 7A schools. All I'm saying is I haven't seen a team across the board like Dumas in 4A.

No knock on the Colts at all. They are a great team.

Eaglefreak

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 17, 2018, 11:34:42 am
I think it's gonna be a defensive battle all game with Dumas getting a late Touchdown by their quarterback to seal the win.

Dumas 16 Rivercrest 14
y Both teams are big and fast but I think the Cats are a little bit bigger and faster.  The QB is the straw that stirs the drink, if you give him a. half step he's gone.  Their physical too so it'll be a good game on a fast field so we'll see who blinks first.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglefreak on November 17, 2018, 04:50:29 pm
y Both teams are big and fast but I think the Cats are a little bit bigger and faster.  The QB is the straw that stirs the drink, if you give him a. half step he's gone.  Their physical too so it'll be a good game on a fast field so we'll see who blinks first.
Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 17, 2018, 11:34:42 am

Dumas 16 Rivercrest 14
I Could be a bit wrong on the score they both can score like a storm rolling in. I'll go with:

Dumas 49 Rivercrest 42

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a good game both teams are good but I think Dumas squeaks out a win

Coltfan2005

Dumas QB stats are very impressive, running and passing. The problem I see with that is that, while I am sure the other players are great, he seems to be the only major threat for Dumas's offense. To be honest, I worry more about his passing than his rushing. Dumas has/had one of the best backs I've watched in 4A football this year, but in the second half last night Rivercrest basically shut him down. Dumas QB will undoubtable rush for good yards in the first of the game but the Rivercrest defense has the athletes, size, and speed to shut him down. Unfortunately I am not sure the Colts will be as successful shutting down his passing attack. BUT, if the Colts front plays like they are capable of, and the defensive backfield keeps to their assignments...I think the Colts can hold Dumas enough to potentially outscore them.
Also, I'm a little confused about the size Dumas is supposed to have. Of course, I'm having to go by their roster..but I'm seeing a 270, a couple of 260's and a 255. I look at Rivercrest and I see a 245, 317, 363. Not seeing the size advantage the posters are talking about. And while the Dumas rushing attack is awesome, the Colts top that by another 1,000 yards...it's the passing attack of Dumas that jumps out at me. This should be a great game.

bootlegger

Coltfan did you mean the Heber back was the best you've seen this year and we basically shut him down?

PermaBan

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 17, 2018, 08:36:56 pm
Dumas QB stats are very impressive, running and passing. The problem I see with that is that, while I am sure the other players are great, he seems to be the only major threat for Dumas's offense. To be honest, I worry more about his passing than his rushing. Dumas has/had one of the best backs I've watched in 4A football this year, but in the second half last night Rivercrest basically shut him down. Dumas QB will undoubtable rush for good yards in the first of the game but the Rivercrest defense has the athletes, size, and speed to shut him down. Unfortunately I am not sure the Colts will be as successful shutting down his passing attack. BUT, if the Colts front plays like they are capable of, and the defensive backfield keeps to their assignments...I think the Colts can hold Dumas enough to potentially outscore them.
Also, I'm a little confused about the size Dumas is supposed to have. Of course, I'm having to go by their roster..but I'm seeing a 270, a couple of 260's and a 255. I look at Rivercrest and I see a 245, 317, 363. Not seeing the size advantage the posters are talking about. And while the Dumas rushing attack is awesome, the Colts top that by another 1,000 yards...it's the passing attack of Dumas that jumps out at me. This should be a great game.
Their receivers are tall, the back they have is big. The offensive line is smaller than RC.

ISU7

Quote from: PermaBan on November 17, 2018, 09:41:36 pm
Their receivers are tall, the back they have is big. The offensive line is smaller than RC.
+1

hootingowl

Ide rather have a 250 lbs lineman than a big, slow 360 pounder any day. Dumas has a great ball team. Qb, a 10th grade rb, and a defense that is stellar. I'll go with Bobcats by 7. 35-28. Go mighty bobcats

ISU7

Quote from: hootingowl on November 18, 2018, 07:14:35 am
Ide rather have a 250 lbs lineman than a big, slow 360 pounder any day. Dumas has a great ball team. Qb, a 10th grade rb, and a defense that is stellar. I'll go with Bobcats by 7. 35-28. Go mighty bobcats
Dang man I been rooting for yall all season but its cool .lol  Good luck too yall vs the C-Wolves I guess you still got that 18-13 semifinal score still in your head. Oh by the way you remember the Colts qb from last season #3 he is still there along with  the rb #1. Too bad Colts didn't get the chance too defend their 3A title huh ;D 8)

Coltfan2005

Quote from: hootingowl on November 18, 2018, 07:14:35 am
It's high school football. A big slow 360 pounder who has started for three years on a state championship team only has to knock that 250 pounder back 3 yards, he doesn't have to beat him in the 40. My point was that some posters seemed to think that the line from Dumas is huge, they are not.

Jimbo Morphis

Don't know how many returned but Rivercrest had grown men on the line last year. Should be a great game.

Coltmom2009

November 18, 2018, 11:37:06 am #49 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:39:26 am by Coltmom2009
Yeah that slow 360 lb 3rd year champion starting center isn't too bad! He had only one bad snap for the entire season last year and only 2 this year. He has knocked a few boys back a couple of yards, kept a few defensive players off their feet. Definitely made the hole for his QB and FB...but heck, he is just a slow 360 lb center with a beard most grown men are envious of. Never underestimate the power of that gentle giant!
Oh and FYI, those Rivercrest Colts thrive on being considered the underdogs!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas