• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sylvan Hills at Marion

Started by WeRAllFans, November 11, 2018, 04:59:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WeRAllFans

A rematch in Marion. Patriots won the first game. Can Sylvan Hills get a little pay back in their 2nd trip to Marion?  Winner gets Greenwood in semis!!

Oldbomber

I think Marion is playing it's best football now, they're peaking at the right time. With that said Sylvan Hills went to Russellville and unexpectedly beat them in a great game so that's why they play the game.  I'm going to go with Marion in a tight game.

WeRAllFans

November 12, 2018, 09:55:13 am #2 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:50:21 am by WeRAllFans
Quote from: Oldbomber on November 11, 2018, 06:08:18 pm
I think Marion is playing it's best football now, they're peaking at the right time. With that said Sylvan Hills went to Russellville and unexpectedly beat them in a great game so that's why they play the game.  I'm going to go with Marion in a tight game.

I agree Oldbomber. Marion is definitely playing its best football of the season. They have had earlier games where either penalties or turnovers adversely effected the game. But since the Searcy loss, Marion has averaged over 42 pts/game while giving up an average of 13. Sophomore QB is young but has improved ever week. Running backs are healthy and WRs are talented. This coaching staff has done a great job in their 1st year at Marion. I'm going with the Patriots by 10.

tylerb230

Marion wins when they win the turnover battle. They still managed to beat Jonesboro on the wrong side of it. I expect a lot of trick plays from the Bears. Marion is also looking for their first five game win streak since 2005.
Pats by 90.

WTD

November 12, 2018, 12:55:58 pm #4 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 09:19:47 am by WTD
Marion wins this easily but talented players make coaches look good. Nothing against that staff, you have to put in the work for that talent to be successful and it looks like they are plus some. This is the most talent Marion has had on the field since 2011. That kind of talent made that staff look good as well.

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

November 13, 2018, 08:51:49 am #5 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 10:09:55 am by RushingRed14
Quote from: WTD on November 12, 2018, 12:55:58 pm
Marion wins this easily but talented players make coaches look good. Nothing against that staff, you have to put in the work for that talent to be successful and it looks like they are plus some. This is the most talent Marion has had on the field since 2010. That kind of talent made that staff look good as well.

I'm sure they would agree with that! They owe a lot to the Davis regime for the successful swap from wing-T to the spread. But, Houston is due a ton of credit too. His staff really shined as great play-callers during the non-conference squeakers to start the year.

q_dog_06

Marion is peaking at its best right now the offense is putting up big numbers and they are very athletic Marion by 21

WeRAllFans

November 13, 2018, 04:54:07 pm #7 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:55:42 pm by WeRAllFans
Quote from: RushingRed14 on November 13, 2018, 08:51:49 am
I'm sure they would agree with that! They owe a lot to the Davis regime for the successful swap from wing-T to the spread. But, Houston is due a ton of credit too. His staff really shined as great play-callers during the non-conference squeakers to start the year.
Hey RushingRed14!!  Amen to the Jed Davis era. My opinion is that Jed and his coaching staff picked up a program that was way down. There was not much enthusiasm in the Marion football program when he took over. Coach Davis and his assistants laid the foundation for the present coaching staff. They got involved with the players on and off the field. That was huge!! Don't get me wrong here. The present staff has done a great job this year. The players and coaches have worked there tails off, but I don't believe anyone at the beginning of the season would have believed Marion would be the #2 seed in the 6A East and would get a first round bye. The Patriots are 1 win away from the semi finals. That's a tremendous step for this Patriot program.

hogjay

Will this game be on Livestream?

Sporty

November 16, 2018, 07:37:01 pm #9 Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:19:55 pm by Sporty
 ::)

Pr8hd

November 16, 2018, 09:46:46 pm #10 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:56:25 pm by Pr8hd
 Nice upset SH - 2 weeks in a row

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas