• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs @ Rivercrest

Started by Ghost of Colts52, November 10, 2018, 08:26:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WHO YA GOT?

Heber Springs
25 (34.7%)
Rivercrest
47 (65.3%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Panther101

How classless for a 2 point conversion at this point.

Coltfan2005

the colts have 60 yards in unsportsmanlike and personal fouls alone. But i will say i think going for two on that last TD for the Colts smacked a little of poor sportsmanship.

C-Town lion 2011

And crest gets away with 12 men on the field lol

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: C-Town lion 2011 on November 16, 2018, 09:38:31 pm
And crest gets away with 12 men on the field lol
It honestly doesn't matter. Rivercrest is cleary the better football team on this field

Coltfan2005

OB11

If it's home cooking for Crest...it's the first time the Colts have ever gotten it. Must be the new digs. Never got calls at the Cotton Patch.

Ghost of Colts52

I know our kicker has been dealing with an injury and he was hurting a little in warm ups. That may have been why we went for 2

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: OB11 on November 16, 2018, 09:40:51 pm
If it's home cooking for Crest...it's the first time the Colts have ever gotten it. Must be the new digs. Never got calls at the Cotton Patch.

I know in my 4 years we never got a call

C-Town lion 2011

Help from the zebras all night doesn't make u the better team hate to just your bubble refs 50 Heber 36

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 16, 2018, 09:41:17 pm
I know our kicker has been dealing with an injury and he was hurting a little in warm ups. That may have been why we went for 2

might have let someone else try to kick, but as I said, it "smacked" of poor sportmansip, I'm sure Fleming had a reason. And that hurting kicker has a field goal, 5 or 6 extra points, and a touchdown.

bigchief72455

The refs are from Pocahontas. You're welcome Colts. Lol jk

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: C-Town lion 2011 on November 16, 2018, 09:42:10 pm
Help from the zebras all night doesn't make u the better team hate to just your bubble refs 50 Heber 36
Heber couldn't move the ball in the second half. Regardless of the refs. They were still getting stuffed. It's not like they were calling back touchdowns

Coltfan2005

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 16, 2018, 09:45:22 pm
might have let someone else try to kick, but as I said, it "smacked" of poor sportmansip, I'm sure Fleming had a reason. And that hurting kicker has a field goal, 5 or 6 extra points, and a touchdown.

Yea he's played well. Just not like us to take a kill shot up 3 scores. Only reasoning I could think of.

bigchief72455

Seriously don't know where they are from but they were pretty bad.

OB11

Rivercrest will be at home next week too. For fairness sake I hope they have a different crew if it's been as bad as everyone is saying.

But let's not make this about the refs. Can't argue that the Cts aren't a good football team.

Redskin2015

Congrats to the colts, next week will be a tough one they'll need to cut down on the mental mistakes

Coltfan2005

agreed, but so no reason for the refs to hold all those long meetings during the game, unless they were discussing where to go for supper.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Panther101 on November 16, 2018, 09:35:59 pm
How classless for a 2 point conversion at this point.
Good win Heber Springs.. oooopppsssss

Coltfan2005

i thought i posted it, 50-36 Rivercrest.

501Arkansas

Panther101

Rivercrest played a good game. Now I'm going to give my opinions, officiating sucked but that's out of your control, legitimate penalties hurt us, turnovers on our side of the field really hurt us but in my opinion coaching and play calling absolutely took the game away from Heber. 2/3's of the second half was #13 to the right play after play after play after play after play! I think I could have coached a peewee team to shut that down. Nothing against #13, he's a great kid and my hat is off to him for a great season. It was the conservative play calling that took place, so much different from the 1st half that ended these boys season. These young men left it all on the field and it just kills me to see their dreams end due to POOR COACHING AND PLAY CALLING. If you were at the game, you know that you can not disagree with me either.

PermaBan

Quote from: Panther101 on November 16, 2018, 10:34:42 pm
Rivercrest played a good game. Now I'm going to give my opinions, officiating sucked but that's out of your control, legitimate penalties hurt us, turnovers on our side of the field really hurt us but in my opinion coaching and play calling absolutely took the game away from Heber. 2/3's of the second half was #13 to the right play after play after play after play after play! I think I could have coached a peewee team to shut that down. Nothing against #13, he's a great kid and my hat is off to him for a great season. It was the conservative play calling that took place, so much different from the 1st half that ended these boys season. These young men left it all on the field and it just kills me to see their dreams end due to POOR COACHING AND PLAY CALLING. If you were at the game, you know that you can not disagree with me either.
Eh I watched it and I think RC made adjustments on defense at half and the athletes started to take over. Especially with the qb from RC, he was the difference in the second half. This also needs to be mentioned RC had their chances to blow this game open with the red zone troubles they had all night.

ISU7

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 16, 2018, 07:16:41 pm
yeah, but you ain't from Keiser, don't base your life on being kin to a coach, and don't stand on the sideline every game
Lol right..

ISU7

November 17, 2018, 12:41:16 am #174 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:47:56 am by ISU7
I don't know why people that has watched the Colts play act like they don't know the Colts sneak a player out on every extra point kick.  If  the team see it then they will kick it if a team doesn't see it they pass it for 2 pts. Regardless of the score or time left in the game it's the defense job to notice it and cover it. All this crying about the officiating Colts just simply out played Heber in the 2nd half.  Heber had no answer for the Colts qb the refs can't make tackles for you.
Good game both teams. Colts advance.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 17, 2018, 12:41:16 am
I don't know why people that has watched the Colts play act like they don't know the Colts sneak a player out on every extra point kick.  I the team see it then they will kick it if a team doesn't see it they pass it. Regardless of the scope or time left in the game it's the defense job to notice it and cover it. All this crying about the officiating Colts just simply out played Heber in the 2nd half.  Heber had no answer for the Colts qb the refs can't make tackles for you.
+100

LakeRat

That's pretty much what it sounded like on the radio too...

The Colts made good adjustments at halftime. As soon as the momentum shifted after the Panthers went 3 and out to start the half it appeared the Heber coaching staff lost their motivation and shut down. It's unfortunate for the players but sadly this is a reflection of the less than inspirational leadership that has plagued their performance in tough games consistently.

Shame on that officiating crew for their poor performance both ways and being a factor in what could have been a much more exciting game.

Congrats to the Colts and good luck in the quarter finals!!

ISU7

Quote from: LakeRat on November 17, 2018, 07:33:05 am

The Colts made good adjustments at halftime. As soon as the momentum shifted after the Panthers went 3 and out to start the half it appeared the Heber coaching staff lost their motivation and shut down. It's unfortunate for the players but sadly this is a reflection of the less than inspirational leadership that has plagued their performance in tough games consistently.

Shame on that officiating crew for their poor performance both ways and being a factor in what could have been a much more exciting game.

Thank you. Great year for the Panthers.

Panther101

Quote from: LakeRat on November 17, 2018, 07:33:05 am

We need another Janski, hasn't been the same since.

Blackhat

"Less than inspirational" is an understatement. Motivating players is a huge part of coaching. Some coaches have it and some couldn't find the ability to motivate with a microscope and a metal detector. The second half play calling reminded me of Houston Nutt. Go into half with a 4pt lead and wear out a whiteboard in the locker room drawing pictures of flowers and then come back out for the second half with the mindset of not losing. You have to attack to win. Your players have to know they're expected to attack. Show some faith in your players to execute the massive playbook you have, they practice, but you won't use. A good season for the Panthers. The officials didn't make a lot of bad calls,  but their management of the game, with the conferences on every call was ridiculous. The Colts adjusted at half and Heber didn't. It had to have been a great feeling for the Colts fans to watch their boys come out and take it back in the second half. The Tez is a very nice facility. Congrats Colts players, coaches and fans.

philip.seaton

Quote from: ISU7 on November 17, 2018, 12:41:16 am
I don't know why people that has watched the Colts play act like they don't know the Colts sneak a player out on every extra point kick.  If  the team see it then they will kick it if a team doesn't see it they pass it for 2 pts. Regardless of the score or time left in the game it's the defense job to notice it and cover it. All this crying about the officiating Colts just simply out played Heber in the 2nd half.  Heber had no answer for the Colts qb the refs can't make tackles for you.

The object of the game is score more points, but sports is more than just winning. You are also there to teach young men and women about working together as team, sportsmanship, etc. Hopefully the lessons learned will carry over in life for these young men and women. With that said, I hate the adage, "it's up to the other team to stop us", in a way that is true, but when you already have accomplished your goals of winning the game, is that what you want to teach your young men and women on the sporting fields that "It's okay for you to do something, it is up to someone else to stop you," really? That's the life lesson you want to teach? Seriously?

In week one of the 3A playoffs, Prescott led Mountain View, 35-7, with 22 seconds left. Guess what? Prescott punches it in for another touchdown. In week 2, Rivercrest fakes an extra point kick (no the kicker was not hurt) and throws a pass. In both cases, it was classless, unnecessary and sends the wrong message to these young men in both instances.

It's funny, people complain about what is wrong with today's society. They wonder how did it get this way. For a lot of these young men, these coaches are their only father figure in their life. So you want them to send the life message, "hey, they can't stop you, so do it anyway"? That is the message you went sent? Me? I don't.

ISU7

Quote from: philip.seaton on November 18, 2018, 04:37:17 am
The object of the game is score more points, but sports is more than just winning. You are also there to teach young men and women about working together as team, sportsmanship, etc. Hopefully the lessons learned will carry over in life for these young men and women. With that said, I hate the adage, "it's up to the other team to stop us", in a way that is true, but when you already have accomplished your goals of winning the game, is that what you want to teach your young men and women on the sporting fields that "It's okay for you to do something, it is up to someone else to stop you," really? That's the life lesson you want to teach? Seriously?

In week one of the 3A playoffs, Prescott led Mountain View, 35-7, with 22 seconds left. Guess what? Prescott punches it in for another touchdown. In week 2, Rivercrest fakes an extra point kick (no the kicker was not hurt) and throws a pass. In both cases, it was classless, unnecessary and sends the wrong message to these young men in both instances.

It's funny, people complain about what is wrong with today's society. They wonder how did it get this way. For a lot of these young men, these coaches are their only father figure in their life. So you want them to send the life message, "hey, they can't stop you, so do it anyway"? That is the message you went sent? Me? I don't.
OK this game is over. But like I said that's part of the Colts kicking team play. Why is no one mentioning the same play on the fake field goal pass that a wide open Colts player in the end zone  dropped on 4th down. All I heard was a loud roar from the Heber faithful, if you didn't notice that was the exact same play the Colts run on EVERY extra point and fg it's design to catch the team napping. Its up too the defense to see it. Great year by Heber good luck in the future.  8)

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: philip.seaton on November 18, 2018, 04:37:17 am

To clear up the situation a little, the kicker was hurt. But that isn't the reasoning. Rivercrest runs an extra man out there and sees if he is covered every single time. If he isn't. We throw it. The holder was just doing his job.

Coltfan2005

Not that I am on the whiners side, but Jones kicked 4 extra points, 2 field goals, and ran an interception back for a touchdown...don't think him being hurt was the reason for the 2 point conversion. Maybe practicing the play in a game situation, since it got dropped the first time?

The Ref

November 18, 2018, 05:12:34 pm #184 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:05:04 pm by The Ref
Heber scored 36 points against a team with MUCH more talent than they have & the loss is being blamed on poor play calling /lack of motivation from the coaching staff! Heber has been on a great run the past few yrs & rarely have any "elite" athletes. Coaching , community support & kids playing hard has a lot to do with their success.  It's great to have high expectations of your team but you have to be realistic to what the ceiling is at HS. They will never have the type of athletes that a Rivercrest has year in year out.

Panther4life

Let's see this season Heber had a kicker break a state record and 3 others break school records, not to mention last year had a player break a state record and two school records and was tied in the nation last year for interceptions.  Plus Heber Springs produces young men who play with class and heart.  They have plenty of talent to go along with the fine young men that they are.

The Ref

Quote from: Panther4life on November 18, 2018, 07:03:13 pm
Let's see this season Heber had a kicker break a state record and 3 others break school records, not to mention last year had a player break a state record and two school records and was tied in the nation last year for interceptions.  Plus Heber Springs produces young men who play with class and heart.  They have plenty of talent to go along with the fine young men that they are.
Obviously they have some talented young men but the reality is Rivercrest has superior talent from the top to bottom of their roster.  I think it's impressive HS was able to put up 36 points.

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 18, 2018, 03:57:14 pm
Not that I am on the whiners side, but Jones kicked 4 extra points, 2 field goals, and ran an interception back for a touchdown...don't think him being hurt was the reason for the 2 point conversion. Maybe practicing the play in a game situation, since it got dropped the first time?

It's simpler than that. Injury didn't play a part. Just standard extra point procedure for us.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: The Ref on November 18, 2018, 07:07:49 pm
Obviously they have some talented young men but the reality is Rivercrest has superior talent from the top to bottom of their roster.  I think it's impressive HS was able to put up 36 points.
28 points on the actual first string...but Heber players were an impressive bunch of young men.

ISU7

November 18, 2018, 10:11:14 pm #189 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:13:41 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Panther4life on November 18, 2018, 07:03:13 pm
So hitting players late when their already down on the ground is playing with class. What game were you watching  🤣😂 All those records and accolades you would think Heber would still be playing. 

Coltfan2005

I'm sure that these young men do play with class, things happen in the heat of a game. Let's not forget the number of unsportsmanlike and personal fouls the Colts picked up in this game. This type of game equals intensity.

HeberFan

Poor coaching and play calling? You think that's why Heber lost? Panthers were always the underdog in this game, and played tough. It was a good game and Rivercrest did what was needed to win. Give both teams credit for an excellent season.

You know, that "conservative play calling" won lots of games for Heber this year. And if you look at the stats, it's not all conservative. You know many other coaches who pass out of the endzone, for example?  Rivercrest stopped Heber's running game in the second half because they made adjustments and had the athletes to execute that plan.

By the way, "Nelson to the right" has worked all year!

Coltfan2005

But sometimes you might need a little something crazy when Nelson right is stuffed. Just saying. The Colts have found themselves playing too conservative this year, fortunately the have "turn brown loose" to fall back on. But this game is over, Heber had a great season and have next year to look forward to.

HeberFan

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2018, 11:20:00 am
But sometimes you might need a little something crazy when Nelson right is stuffed. Just saying. The Colts have found themselves playing too conservative this year, fortunately the have "turn brown loose" to fall back on. But this game is over, Heber had a great season and have next year to look forward to.

Heber tried other plays, of course. Colts just did a great defensive job in the second half. Hope they continue that success this week.  I was also impressed that Rivercrest got off a fast start in the game. That's important in the playoffs.

philip.seaton

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2018, 08:37:56 am
OK this game is over. But like I said that's part of the Colts kicking team play. Why is no one mentioning the same play on the fake field goal pass that a wide open Colts player in the end zone  dropped on 4th down. All I heard was a loud roar from the Heber faithful, if you didn't notice that was the exact same play the Colts run on EVERY extra point and fg it's design to catch the team napping. Its up too the defense to see it. Great year by Heber good luck in the future.  8)

They cheered him dropping the ball because it kept them in the game, and you missed my point entirely rationalizing the 2-point conversion. Hate that you guys lost to Dumas, maybe it's karma. 

bigchief72455

You were really sitting on that one to come back and comment on.

HeberFan

Quote from: Panther101 on November 17, 2018, 08:21:13 am
We need another Janski, hasn't been the same since.

It's been much BETTER since.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: philip.seaton on November 23, 2018, 10:15:20 pm
They cheered him dropping the ball because it kept them in the game, and you missed my point entirely rationalizing the 2-point conversion. Hate that you guys lost to Dumas, maybe it's karma. 
Not karma, we've done it all year, just bc their coaches didn't see it in the films they got doesn't mean we don't do it, we also onside kick and call for a fair catch on a punt right before half for a free kick field goal. I feel Pulaski Academy pain now

HeberFan

Dumas, Rivercrest and Heber all had good seasons. Can't we all just get along?  :o)

ISU7

Quote from: HeberFan on November 26, 2018, 12:52:20 pm
Dumas, Rivercrest and Heber all had good seasons. Can't we all just get along?  :o)
lol  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas