• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magazine @ Foreman - round 2

Started by Redzone, November 10, 2018, 06:35:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redzone

Magazine and Foreman haven't played since October of 2009. Magazine won that one 41-0. I do not believe that will be the outcome this time. Foreman's defense is very stingy. Only allowing 37 total points this season. The Gators should have everyone healthy and 100% for this game.

Gators by 30

dawgpound

It's about to be some good matchups but i don't think this game will be one of them

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: dawgpound on November 10, 2018, 06:48:31 am
It's about to be some good matchups but i don't think this game will be one of them

Agreed

couch-coach06

Foreman by as many as the king would like

godgiven999

cuz

couch-coach06

On a serious note what kind offense and defense does mag run? Who are some key players ?

N2DEEP

Foreman has the most talented player in the state, and their defense has been tremendous. No reason to think otherwise this week.

Foreman 42 vs Magazine 14

G-HIGH

Foreman closes the "book" on Magazine.
Batey plays maybe a quarter and a half then sits back and watches while the clock runs.
Gators by 40.

Redzone

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 10, 2018, 07:06:17 am
Foreman by as many as the king would like

A guy in another thread said they run the wing t.

couch-coach06

Gotcha...figured it was something like that .. I figure if we arnt hungover from the bye week we should take care of buisness

KingSnake

Is Batey a senior?  He is pretty impressive. He will get to meet a couple of Rattler juniors Friday night named Hyatt and Faughn. Might be a better game than people think. Good luck to both teams.

Greyhound#1

Greyhound#1

Is not this game.... foreman wins big

rattlerfan24

couch-coach06

Quote from: KingSnake on November 11, 2018, 08:38:41 pm
Is Batey a senior?  He is pretty impressive. He will get to meet a couple of Rattler juniors Friday night named Hyatt and Faughn. Might be a better game than people think. Good luck to both teams.

Yes , cool I'm sure he will be glad too meet them

Lionsquatch

I doubt it.  I've seen Magazine and they haven't played high enough caliber teams to prepare them for this beast of a Foreman team

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Lionsquatch on November 11, 2018, 11:29:22 pm
I doubt it.  I've seen Magazine and they haven't played high enough caliber teams to prepare them for this beast of a Foreman team
Mt ida?
Hector?
Mtburg?

IdaLions

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on November 12, 2018, 10:39:51 am
Mt ida?
Hector?
Mtburg?

Magazine must have improved by 100x if they think they can beat Foreman. I've been rooting for their underdog story all year, but I believe it ends Friday.

Foreman- 48
Magazine- 14

IdaLions

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on November 12, 2018, 10:39:51 am
Mt ida?
Hector?
Mtburg?

I think he might be implying you have a weak conference, quick jump his butt and tell him what you feel.

Hosea18

Batey will be unleashed and too much to handle.

OLionSwag74

Mount Ida had one of its worst games against Magazine and came out on top 33-0, Foreman got the better of us and every team right now is playing their best football. So with that being said Foreman rolls 45-8.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 12, 2018, 02:45:28 pm
Mount Ida had one of its worst games against Magazine and came out on top 33-0, Foreman got the better of us and every team right now is playing their best football. So with that being said Foreman rolls 45-8.

Seems to be a common theme for some teams this year.  I wonder what the constant was?

alaskanstorm

Quote from: IdaLions on November 12, 2018, 10:55:45 am
I think he might be implying you have a weak conference, quick jump his butt and tell him what you feel.
Or 24 might have been pulling a clever one himself and implying they have a weaker conference? Maybe, who knows.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 12, 2018, 02:45:28 pm
Our qb/rb, SS didnt even play in that mt ida game.
Everyone deals with such things.  Just pointing out that we were not full strength

OLionSwag74

Hyatt played in that game buddy... so did #20

OLionSwag74

And a SS against Mount Ida is useless😂

alaskanstorm

When used appropriately your SS is one of your main run stoppers.

BlueNGold52

Foreman by as many as they like. Foreman rests players whole 2nd half in preparation for 3rd round.

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

Defense wasnt our problem that game.  We couldnt move the ball.  Could not get 1st downs.

couch-coach06

Well I hate too break it too ya.. but you will probably have a difuclt time moving the ball this Friday night too... I still think foreman has the best defense in the state especially our d line .. the are just ruthless

dawgpound

Where was that d line when y'all played ms

couch-coach06

We gave up 14 pts? Defense didn't loose the game

dawgpound

couch-coach06

coachc9

72aDaddy

Over before it starts. Probable mercy rule applied.

DnA Prostaff

If the Rattlers let the two big ones run the ball more than one or two times a drive, then they are hard to stop.   #28 gets downhill very quickly and brings a load.    I'm sure coach knows what he is doing but I would ride that horse until it dropped.

alaskanstorm

I would agree Dna, as well as running off as much time a possible between plays.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: alaskanstorm on November 13, 2018, 12:36:13 pm
I would agree Dna, as well as running off as much time a possible between plays.

Limited time of possession is none factor.  Foreman can score in a hurry.  If you can maybe limit them too  2 total possessions then you got a chance. Then hope you can score 2 touchdowns on the stout defense then just maybe you just loose by just 1. 

couch-coach06

Foreman will need at least one td too win this one

Eslim03

Foreman's defense is as good as advertised so it will be hard for the rattlers to score many points or keep the ball away. I do know they have a real good back with size but he will have a hard time finding running room. Just like some more backs we've faced this year(as in Lagrange). Foreman will win this one.

Wantobe

November 13, 2018, 10:11:17 pm #43 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:20:23 am by Wantobe
I know nothing about Magazine except that they beat Hector and lost to Mt Ida. The Gator Defense has shut out 5 teams this year (6 if you include the 21-0 first quarter against PC). They've only allowed two teams to score more than one touchdown. If the Rattler's plan is to run a big back right at the D-Line, then they might want to practice their punter this week to make sure he can kick the ball away from #6.

coachc9

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 13, 2018, 04:46:43 pm

Limited time of possession is none factor.  Foreman can score in a hurry.  If you can maybe limit them too  2 total possessions then you got a chance. Then hope you can score 2 touchdowns on the stout defense then just maybe you just loose by just 1. 

lose*

GatorBall

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 13, 2018, 04:46:43 pm

+1...that's funny I don't care who you are!

LJ1985

Danville saw first hand last year how good Bates was.  He ran wild in that game.  Magazine is a program on the rise but they aren't ready quite yet for this.  Foreman wins 48-12

Partsman

Wantobe

Safe travels to the Rattlers and fans as they make their way south today. The parking lot at the stadium still has some soft spots from the rain and ruts from the Gurdon game. There will be people trying to guide traffic, so please allow a little time for this and be patient when entering.

RATTLER43

Thank you.  Will do.

See you this evening.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas