• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon @ Hazen •Round 2• 11/16/18

Started by G-HIGH, November 10, 2018, 12:07:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hornetfan8

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 04:30:39 pm
Ive read him and a few others talking about them. lol Are they that bad?
I played under them for 5 years. Never noticed a difference. I just thought other stadiums were bright as 💩

N2DEEP

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 03:29:18 pm
Look, I know Hecktor plays Ida Friday night. I was only playing into how Hector and Hazen seem to think they have the best environments, teams, etc. and that they were already planning on meeting Foreman (who will win their side of the bracket) in little rock. SARCASM doesn't exist that far North I guess.
I know Hector and Hazen would finish 3rd and 4th in the 7 and probably the same in the 8. I also know like everybody outside of Wildcat land that Ida will end all those early December plans for Hector. See yall Friday night in Hazen where we will see the kids that are actually playing in this game decide it.
Hope to see a clean game with zero injuries to either side. Safe travels to ALL.

A question about the environment at Hazen. I know they do not let people sit on the track anymore, so why is it allowed that people can stand on the field near the endzone? If I was a coach I would make sure that all fans would have to be off the field and behind the fencing. Plus no fans allowed onto the track.

G-HIGH

I hope they have decent visitor bleachers. Gurdon will bring the whole dang town and just about as much noise as anyone. It was so sad to see literally 15 or 20 people in the stands for Clarendon. I mean those are your kids!

who-knew

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 11, 2018, 04:48:40 pm
A question about the environment at Hazen. I know they do not let people sit on the track anymore, so why is it allowed that people can stand on the field near the endzone? If I was a coach I would make sure that all fans would have to be off the field and behind the fencing. Plus no fans allowed onto the track.
Quitman was sitting on the track, and i believe the standing in the endzone is up to the school, until someone starts mouthing at the refs or other players then the endzone will get cleared.

Redzone

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 05:05:21 pm
I hope they have decent visitor bleachers. Gurdon will bring the whole dang town and just about as much noise as anyone. It was so sad to see literally 15 or 20 people in the stands for Clarendon. I mean those are your kids!

Man y'all were the loudest visiting team I have ever heard in Foreman and the loudest band.

who-knew

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 05:05:21 pm
That is pretty said but walk in there gym and you can't find a seat.

couch-coach06

Quote from: Redzone on November 11, 2018, 05:07:50 pm
Man y'all were the loudest visiting team I have ever heard in Foreman and the loudest band.
And the band played the whole stinking time... I am pretty sure there is rules on when you can play but idk cause I was never in band lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

We will find out for sure Friday night, but I'm thinking Gurdon gets beat and then they find out they maybe the 2 best team Hazen has played this year.

G-HIGH

Quote from: Redzone on November 11, 2018, 05:07:50 pm
We have got it rockin this season! Gurdon's Band is Awesome! Our fans get louder every week. Makes for a fun Friday night with them dang cowbells!

couch-coach06

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 11, 2018, 05:18:52 pm
We will find out for sure Friday night, but I'm thinking Gurdon gets beat and then they find out they maybe the 2 best team Hazen has played this year.

Win or loose they will be one of the 3 best teams hazen has played.. there schedule was a pillow fight of epic proportions

godgiven999

Gurdon has a State champ band
Oh and fear the Cowbell!

Wildcatalumni21

November 11, 2018, 05:43:22 pm #111 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:52:12 pm by Wildcatalumni21
Quote from: GatorBall on November 11, 2018, 04:11:57 pm
This guy takes trash talking to a new level!!! Lol...he just doesn't know! Even more funny is he's probably never even seen Foreman play and still talking trash.
Where was I talking trash? The guy said I needed to be worried about Batey and the Gators. Seeing as we don't play Batey and the Gators I was being sarcastic saying he wouldn't do anything against us cuz we don't play them. Lighten up and learn how to take a joke 😂

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 03:29:18 pm
Look, I know Hecktor plays Ida Friday night. I was only playing into how Hector and Hazen seem to think they have the best environments, teams, etc. and that they were already planning on meeting Foreman (who will win their side of the bracket) in little rock. SARCASM doesn't exist that far North I guess.
I know Hector and Hazen would finish 3rd and 4th in the 7 and probably the same in the 8. I also know like everybody outside of Wildcat land that Ida will end all those early December plans for Hector. See yall Friday night in Hazen where we will see the kids that are actually playing in this game decide it.
Hope to see a clean game with zero injuries to either side. Safe travels to ALL.
Never once did I say we have the best team? We are down this year compared to years past. But I am a little confused, you say Ida is gonna blow us out in 1 post and then say we would be the 3rd seed in the 7 which is where Ida is, so they will blow us out Friday but if we was in yalls conference we would take their spot?

Old Scrapper

Awesome, our backs love running touchdowns while listening to cowbells

cuz

Calpreps
neutral field
[2018] Hazen (AR) 28, [2018] Gurdon (AR) 21

couch-coach06

Quote from: cuz on November 11, 2018, 06:02:26 pm
Calpreps
neutral field
[2018] Hazen (AR) 28, [2018] Gurdon (AR) 21

Probably a pretty good .. guess

CaptainSwarm25

When we're up by 2 tds those cowbells will slowly start to lose their jingle😂

godgiven999

Yall underestimate the 7.
Truth!
Foreman, JC, Gurdon, Mt Ida, Conway Christian and possibly Salem are undefeated with Hazen's schedule?
I believe so

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 11, 2018, 07:17:49 pm #118 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:22:41 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: godgiven999 on November 11, 2018, 07:07:36 pm
Truth!
Foreman, JC, Gurdon, Mt Ida, Conway Christian and possibly Salem are undefeated with Hazen's schedule?
I believe so

Nope the week batey was hurt was Earle week they dont beat Earle without him, maybe, no, no, no, and no.

Yall underestimate the 6.

hornetfan8

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 11, 2018, 07:07:36 pm
Truth!
I believe so
Everyone on your list would be undefeated with Salem's schedule so the jury is still out on them. And none of those teams are undefeated with their own schedule so

godgiven999

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 11, 2018, 07:19:59 pm
Everyone on your list would be undefeated with Salem's schedule so the jury is still out on them. And none of those teams are undefeated with their own schedule so
That would be because they played 3a and 4a teams, or top 5 2a teams.

CaptainSwarm25

Why does the schedule matter if we haven't been beat? You should focus more on THIS Friday lol . It amazes me that we're in the PLAYOFFS talking about regular season. This is a new season entirely and different teams escalate and downgrade this time of the season every year. You better hope you've got all your shoes tied tight or your mighty Gurdon whatever y'all are will be falling right into basketball season before you can say tip-off.

godgiven999

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 11, 2018, 08:59:44 pm
Why does the schedule matter if we haven't been beat? You should focus more on THIS Friday lol . It amazes me that we're in the PLAYOFFS talking about regular season. This is a new season entirely and different teams escalate and downgrade this time of the season every year. You better hope you've got all your shoes tied tight or your mighty Gurdon whatever y'all are will be falling right into basketball season before you can say tip-off.
Schedule matters because when you play weak competition and enter the playoffs you get hit in the mouth! I expect to see that Friday night!

CaptainSwarm25

November 11, 2018, 09:20:40 pm #123 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:35:21 am by CaptainSwarm25
If we get hit in the mouth then your boys will too don't doubt that. These boys have remnants of the '14 team and they'll possibly achieve more than we did. Y'all will be a good test for us. Hope y'all travel safe. Dont know who said it but we are allowed to stand in the back of the end zone and the track as long as officials will allow it.

i40traveler

The 6 had 3 good teams

The 7 had 4 good teams

Its really not that much different.

Raging_Hornetic

How come Gurdon only scored 10 on Bearden?... if we play that whole game, Hornets are going to score 40 or 50.

G-HIGH

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 11, 2018, 05:50:02 pm
Never once did I say we have the best team? We are down this year compared to years past. But I am a little confused, you say Ida is gonna blow us out in 1 post and then say we would be the 3rd seed in the 7 which is where Ida is, so they will blow us out Friday but if we was in yalls conference we would take their spot?
Im done 'splainin stuff to you dude

G-HIGH

Quote from: Raging_Hornetic on November 11, 2018, 09:27:37 pm
How come Gurdon only scored 10 on Bearden?... if we play that whole game, Hornets are going to score 40 or 50.
What was the score when they called the game? How far into the game did they call it?

G-HIGH

Did you start your account to join this thread? Nice to have you.

BrianfromCarlisle

Hazen has yellow bug lights.  LOL.  And FAST.
I seem to remember the speed argument when Gurdon played McCrory.  There was zero chance Rogo was gonna be able to outrun Gurdon.   Until he did. 
Those two backs from Hazen can probably catch rabbits.  Lol.  And have fun tackling Toll.   He's a beast

godgiven999

Gurdon was rotating alot of players, Gurdon had 34 on the team and I bet 30 played in that game. Gurdon's best RB Threadgill had 12 carries on the season and didnt start until after the Bearden game. He now has over 900 yards rushing and 13 TDs since then. Gurdon had 6 different backs getting carries and there were multiple fumbles by Gurdon in that game due too many touching the ball. Gurdon now has figured out their rotation and have limited some playing time for guys. Gurdon has fumbled 1 time since conference started.

G-HIGH

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 11, 2018, 09:35:30 pm
I seem to remember the speed argument when Gurdon played McCrory.  There was zero chance Rogo was gonna be able to outrun Gurdon.   Until he did. 
Those two backs from Hazen can probably catch rabbits.  Lol.  And have fun tackling Toll.   He's a beast
Too bad this isn't 4 years ago when Rogo and company were relevant. Using teams with entirely different rosters to judge how this year will be is ridiculous and a stretch. I wondered when B from C would show up. I also remember him , while we are at it, running his mouth for a week before Gurdon shut the door on the buffaloes a few years back.
Here to live vicariously through your more successful conference brothers Brian?

BrianfromCarlisle

Lol.  Not at all.  The point IS....keep thinking no one can run with you. You'll see. Ha. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 11, 2018, 09:47:23 pm #133 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:51:29 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 09:43:15 pm
Too bad this isn't 4 years ago when Rogo and company were relevant. Using teams with entirely different rosters to judge how this year will be is ridiculous and a stretch. I wondered when B from C would show up. I also remember him , while we are at it, running his mouth for a week before Gurdon shut the door on the buffaloes a few years back.
Here to live vicariously through your more successful conference brothers Brian?

Are you not riding Foreman and Mount Idas success? When was the last time gurdon was playing football after Thanksgiving? That's a pretty good measuring stick.

Heck you are on here talking how good the seven is and your team hasn't made the playoffs the 2 seasons prior to this year, no state titles, no conference titles in 4 years. Geez.

godgiven999

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 11, 2018, 09:35:30 pm
I remember that game well. McCrory literally moved the ball 3 yard at a time all the way down the field. Gurdon had 4 offensive possessions all game. It was the fastest football game I've ever been to. It was slow, methodical, ball control and worked to perfection. Today I have a few friends that refer to a ball control offense as "Mcrorying them" lol

BrianfromCarlisle

And I don't run my mouth. Unless you were being stupid.  Then, yeah, I probably did.

CaptainSwarm25

It's good to see the 6 come together as 1 once playoffs begin. I was gonna be satisfied with a 2 TD win. Now I want to blow you guys out of the water.

godgiven999

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 11, 2018, 09:48:55 pm
And I don't run my mouth. Unless you were being stupid.  Then, yeah, I probably did.
I think I remember you running your mouth alot when Gurdon played Carlisle in Carlisle. 13-12 game. Best Highschool I've been to other than the Carlisle @ Gurdon when Gurdon come back from 22-0 at the half to win 23-22.

godgiven999

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 11, 2018, 09:51:56 pm
It's good to see the 6 come together as 1 once playoffs begin. I was gonna be satisfied with a 2 TD win. Now I want to blow you guys out of the water.
I'm really wanting Gurdon to put a spanking on yall at your place!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 11, 2018, 09:56:54 pm
I'm really wanting Gurdon to put a spanking on yall at your place!

It's good to have goals, even unattainable ones. 😂😂

G-high on here talking like gurdon is a powerhouse with playoff tradition, the only tradition I see is never winning 3 games in the playoffs, so that answers my question about playing after Thanksgiving.

BrianfromCarlisle

Well if it will help, I'll go back and check.  Haha. Glad I could fire y'all up.  Not hard. Obviously.

godgiven999

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 11, 2018, 10:01:22 pm

G-high on here talking like gurdon is a powerhouse with playoff tradition, the only tradition I see is never winning 3 games in the playoffs, so that answers my question about playing after Thanksgiving.
That would be correct, hoping to change that. Gurdon now has a new HC in Coach Jackson.
Hopefully he can make some noise. His first 2 seasons were is 3a and had a crazy amount of injuries. I dont think Saban could have faired much better.

G-HIGH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 11, 2018, 10:01:22 pm

I have never once said Gurdon had playoff tradition. Who cares how many games a school has played after thanksgiving? When i realized we were playing Hazen I didnt say "Oh my God they have played a million games after turkey day we are toast!" Hazen wants to win, of course. Gurdon wants to win, of course. We come on here and say a lot of junk. None of which will decide the outcome of any game. Ever.

hornetfan8

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 10:18:45 pm
I have never once said Gurdon had playoff tradition. Who cares how many games a school has played after thanksgiving? When i realized we were playing Hazen I didnt say "Oh my God they have played a million games after turkey day we are toast!" Hazen wants to win, of course. Gurdon wants to win, of course. We come on here and say a lot of junk. None of which will decide the outcome of any game. Ever.
Finally something we can agree on. Nothing we say on here will affect the whipping Hazen is gonna put on Gurdon Friday night.

who-knew

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 11, 2018, 09:48:47 pm
I remember that game well. McCrory literally moved the ball 3 yard at a time all the way down the field. Gurdon had 4 offensive possessions all game. It was the fastest football game I've ever been to. It was slow, methodical, ball control and worked to perfection. Today I have a few friends that refer to a ball control offense as "Mcrorying them" lol
I would be willing to say that no throw Joe does the same. 8 min drives 3 or 4 yards at a time limiting Gurdons possessions until the dynamic duo breaks free and takes it to the house.

MomaLion

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 10, 2018, 10:54:45 am
Talked to a couple of players from Clarendon last night. Said that hazen will absolutely curb stomp Gurdon. I'm gonna have to agree with them.
I wasn't there, but I kind of doubt that Gurdon pulled any spectacular plays on us.  Starters probably didn't see much play time.  It's hard to get a grasp of what a team is capable of in a lopsided game.
That said, I do believe that Hazen will win by 2 or 3 tds.

MomaLion

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 01:05:20 pm
yes. and a 28 point 2nd. your point is?
The point is that Clarendon has the athletes but not the depth.  That's how the majority of games went for us this year.

MomaLion

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 12:53:59 pm
Absolutely huh? lol Clarendon couldn't handle Gurdons 9th graders. Im sure they know a little about curb stomping.
Only absolute thing about Friday night is this will be the first actual game the Hornets have played this year. Depth will rear its ugly head and it will be too late.
Oh how i'd love to be present for this game just to see the Hornets take it to y'all.  Believe it or not the 6 does have some quality teams.  The only thing that would cost Hazen this game is overconfidence...otherwise, it's not even close.

MomaLion

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 11, 2018, 01:12:45 pm
Gurdon travels extremely well and will be heard across town. Maybe we will spend enough at yalls concession stand for yall to buy some actual lights and real bleachers.
And the endzone will be FULL of Hazen fans as will the stands.  I don't find the lights to be a problem but i'm not generally on the field.

MomaLion

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 11, 2018, 04:48:40 pm
I've wondered that as well...or for that matter allowing people to stand behind the goals in basketball.  Hazen fans don't seem to cause any trouble down there though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas