• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison hosts Mayflower

Started by bootsie84, November 09, 2018, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bootsie84

November 09, 2018, 11:29:29 pm Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:28:57 am by bootsie84
The Wildcats held Hoxie to their lowest point total of the season and put up 50 of their own.  The Cats' starting RB/LB just played the second half but scored twice.  What will Mayflower bring to the table?

1wildcat

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 09, 2018, 11:29:29 pm
The Wildcats geld Hoxie to their lowest point total of the season and put up 50 of their own.  The Cats' starting RB/LB just played the second half but scored twice.  What will Mayflower bring to the table?

Not very much. They are about to get smoked!

SR30

MR#1

PB Dollarway was a common opponent, though not as strong as in past years. Rison handled them with ease in an 'away' game two weeks ago; Mayflower did the same in a 'home' game last night. So, who knows. This game will be a tough one for the Wildcats. Being a 'home' game will help.

My not-so-bold early prediction:

Rison 32
Mayflower 22

Good luck to both teams, and Go Cats!

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: bootsie84 on November 09, 2018, 11:29:29 pm
The Wildcats held Hoxie to their lowest point total of the season and put up 50 of their own.  The Cats' starting RB/LB just played the second half but scored twice.  What will Mayflower bring to the table?

If my memory is right, Hoxie scored more points on us than anybody this season.
It didn't look to me that Rison was very sharp last night, but that may just have been because Hoxie was playing tough.
Cats will need to be prepared and focused for this one. Maybe Hoxie helped take care of that.
Could be a tussle...

Rison        31
Mayflower 28

Buck Beefheart

Hoxie was actually pretty good. They had plenty of yards against the Rison D, and they weren't all that fast. Cats are going to have to tighten up before they play a ream with some real speed.

AllBarkNoBite

Mayflower wins in a close one.  28-27

blackandoldgold

November 10, 2018, 12:03:32 pm #7 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:29:44 am by blackandoldgold
As I said on the Hoxie @ Rison thread, coach Totty held Rison's Jamarien Frye out of the game for the first half for disciplinary reasons. Once in the game he scored 2 TDs & stripped a Hoxie RB of the ball on defense. With him in the game, it creates more difficulties for the opponents defense.

Tristram Shandy

To the Mayflower fans, how did you lose to Glen Rose? Against common opponents you appeared to perform equally well if not better.  It appears GR might have a better defense, but certainly a less prolific offense. Did it essentially come down to a bad match-up?

Wrestlingbeaver13

Physicality. Beavers were more Physical. Period!

Zebras98

In a close and fun game, Rison takes it 44-35

blackandoldgold

This game has so many variables.

Can Rison cover the Mayflower spread? Can Rison get to their QB? Can the Mayflower QB scramble effectively? Can Mayflower slow Rison's ground attack? If Mayflower goes all in to stop the run, can they cover the occasional surprise pass out of nowhere? Which team will be more physical? And basically which team wants it more?

Remember also that Mayflower went 10-0 during their regular season in 2017 before finishing 11-1 losing only to eventual champion Rivercrest in the quarterfinals. And they have 13 starters back from that team this year.

Gonna be a homer & pick the cats but only by a little.

It wouldn't be an upset at all for Mayflower to win. After all, Mayflower only has 1 loss this year.

Good luck, good sportsmanship, & safe travels to both teams & their fans.

SR30

Hate to say it but if you hit Mayflower right in the mouth from the onset Rison will take the game. Mayflower doesn't like physical play.

ROULETTE

November 10, 2018, 11:42:29 pm #13 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:44:35 pm by ROULETTE
Quote from: Tristram Shandy on November 10, 2018, 12:36:00 pm
To the Mayflower fans, how did you lose to Glen Rose? Against common opponents you appeared to perform equally well if not better.  It appears GR might have a better defense, but certainly a less prolific offense. Did it essentially come down to a bad match-up?
Glen Rose always does well against teams that are faster than they are. They fly to the ball well. It's the teams that can really air it out that hurt them. And as for offense GR is weak on the offensive line with a majority of the starters being sophomores. The offense is still potent enough to hurt you, but mainly a big play team.

With that being said, Rison is always good. I played them all 3 years in high school. Can be hard to play in rison at times. I'm going with rison and the hedge dwellers by 5

Waterboy94

Quote from: ROULETTE on November 10, 2018, 11:42:29 pm
Glen Rose always does well against teams that are faster than they are. They fly to the ball well. It's the teams that can really air it out that hurt them. And as for offense GR is weak on the offensive line with a majority of the starters being sophomores. The offense is still potent enough to hurt you, but mainly a big play team.

With that being said, Rison is always good. I played them all 3 years in high school. Can be hard to play in rison at times. I'm going with rison and the hedge dwellers by 5

Ah the beginning of Rison 3A ball. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Rison wins easy by 4 touchdowns

Bearcatdad

Senior Roger

November 16, 2018, 09:24:47 am #17 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:38:24 am by Senior Roger
l

Jimbo Morphis

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: Senior Roger on November 16, 2018, 09:24:47 am
l
Man that was deep.
Good luck to both teams tonight and safe travels to everyone traveling from Mayflower-watch for deer! I hope for a good clean game tonight with my Wildcats coming out on top! Go Cats!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on November 16, 2018, 10:56:04 am
Man that was deep.
Good luck to both teams tonight and safe travels to everyone traveling from Mayflower-watch for deer! I hope for a good clean game tonight with my Wildcats coming out on top! Go Cats!
I join you in wishing for safe travel and a clean, injury-free game. I'm also hoping there'll be oxygen available nearby to help resuscitate you when the Eagles upset your Wildcats.

#1wildcatfan

November 16, 2018, 11:42:00 am #21 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:44:55 am by #1wildcatfan
Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 16, 2018, 11:31:37 am
I join you in wishing for safe travel and a clean, injury-free game. I'm also hoping there'll be oxygen available nearby to help resuscitate you when the Eagles upset your Wildcats.
Hey anything can happen-it is high school football. Our boys have been busting tail this week-they want this win. If they lose I will still be proud of them and if they win I will have you a box of Kleenex for your ride home.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on November 16, 2018, 11:42:00 am
Hey anything can happen-it is high school football. Our boys have been busting tail this week-they want this win. If they lose I will still be proud of them and if they win I will have you a box of Kleenex for your ride home.
And you should be. Don't bother with the Kleenex. I won't be there. I'm not a Mayflower fan.

Paperman

Two intriguing teams. Eagles and the Simmons brothers versus the Wildcats and Chavis. Those young men are all quality kids. I pray for a great game for these two fine schools.

1wildcat

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 16, 2018, 08:08:56 am
Really quiet on this board?????
Not really much to talk about as far as this match up goes. I'm gonna do my best here to try and keep from hurting some peoples feelings. You know there are some sensitive ones around here. Everybody knows how this game (should) end barring some unforeseen miracle. The only real question is by how much. Maybe a little maybe a lot, I'm kinda leaning more towards a lot, but hey anything can happen right? Regardless I hope everybody has a little fun, nobody gets hurt, and Mayflower has a really long and quiet ride home. And with a little luck just maybe Booneville can escape their match up tonight as well. ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 16, 2018, 05:17:23 pm
Not really much to talk about as far as this match up goes. I'm gonna do my best here to try and keep from hurting some peoples feelings. You know there are some sensitive ones around here. Everybody knows how this game (should) end barring some unforeseen miracle. The only real question is by how much. Maybe a little maybe a lot, I'm kinda leaning more towards a lot, but hey anything can happen right? Regardless I hope everybody has a little fun, nobody gets hurt, and Mayflower has a really long and quiet ride home. And with a little luck just maybe Booneville can escape their match up tonight as well. ;D
Man I can tell you don't believe in luck or karma. Good luck to Rison tonight.

1wildcat

Quote from: Oldman on November 16, 2018, 06:20:17 pm
Man I can tell you don't believe in luck or karma. Good luck to Rison tonight.
Ghost either.

#1wildcatfan

Risonwildcat212

How do you drop 4 TD passes to end the half.  Cats gotta do better than that if they want to win in the playoffs.

Buck Beefheart

#1wildcatfan

CoolBreeze

Quote from: #1wildcatfan on November 16, 2018, 09:30:35 pm
Wildcats Wildcats!!!
I bow to your superior knowledge. Despite the weak schedule prior to tonight, Rison is for real.

bootsie84

And... Mayflower gets mercy-ruled.  Hey Lamar, come get some.

1wildcat

I get the feeling these Wildcats believe in themselves as much as I believe in them. Go Cats!!!

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 16, 2018, 09:49:52 pm
I get the feeling these Wildcats believe in themselves as much as I believe in them. Go Cats!!!
There's no doubt they do. Our boys are very humble and take it one game at a time! Proud Wildcat fan tonight!

Waterboy94

Proud of the cats tonight. Saw a lot of great things! Defense, composure, conditioning, and more defense.  Both lines played a great game!  Good game to Mayflower. I hope 3 is getting looks because he's a very good runner and showed great sportsmanship. Bring on Lamar!

wildcatrider

Mayflowers's #1 and #3 are ball players. Both had good sportsmanship!!  You don't see that much anymore!!    Even on our side. More players would rather stare down a player or talk back or stare down a player instead of help them up and pat them on the shoulder.  They had heart, talent and speed, and skill.  Well wishes to them.  Don't get the big head cats... one game at a time. I've already heard some players talking about the trip to WM 🙄.  There is still lots of ball to be played!!

1wildcat

Down to the final 8 and all 8 have good teams. We are now to the point that many times these games have been decided on on as little as 2 or 3 bad plays.

You just can't get away with less than 100% effort and focus on every play from this point on. You have to really want it now to stay alive.

If these Wildcats can keep that kind of determination and focus I don't see anyone stopping us from picking up #9 this year.

As a fan I can look ahead to any potential opponent's and predict the outcomes. As far as the team goes, I really hope the only one they are looking at or even thinking about is Lamar.

I have no doubt we are at least 3 TD's better than Lamar if we just keep playing our game one play at a time like it's the one that will decide the outcome.

WonderWartHawg

Hoxie and Mayflower were good teams, despite the scores.
3A is not 2A and the things only get harder from here on.
Both Hoxie and Mayflower were able to sustain drives on Rison.
Mayflower did a great job of weathering spotting the Cats a 16 point lead and battled back to being in a position to take the lead at one point. There was no quit in them until some frustration late in the game after the outcome was sealed.

Cats better tackle better, too many yards after contact for Simmons from Mayflower.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas