• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6AEast

Started by westmem, November 09, 2018, 09:54:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

westmem

Wow the east stood tall congrats

zebrafan

Good showing by the East tonight!

westmem

The shocker was the bears pulling off a 2ot over Russvegas 31-29

The Future

Jonesboro won as picked.
Siloam put up a good fight against Searcy.
Pine Bluff Eldo sounded great.
Biggest surprise was Sylvan Hills.

Congrats on going 4-0.
But no matter. Once week 14 rolls around, it'll be 2 West teams  ;)

zebrafan

Quote from: westmem on November 09, 2018, 10:01:06 pm
No doubt!

westmem

Quote from: The Future on November 09, 2018, 10:01:32 pm
Jonesboro won as picked.
Siloam put up a good fight against Searcy.
Pine Bluff Eldo sounded great.
Biggest surprise was Sylvan Hills.

Congrats on going 4-0.
But no matter. Once week 14 rolls around, it'll be 2 West teams  ;)

I disagree

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Quote from: westmem on November 09, 2018, 10:07:23 pm

I disagree

And that surprises no one given your handle name...

Pr8hd

Congrats to the East last night, that was a good showing. I was really only surprised by Russ mainly. I figured JB would nip LH, and the other 2 games would be toss ups more or less. Russ was definitely the shocker, and certainly eases the load to the semi's for Marion IMO. Tops seeds hold serve this week and we are all square between East and West which is what I figure. One things for sure can't get any better than 2 teams to semi's for the West while the East can do no worse than getting 2 there. Glad to be off the bye next week here in GW and back to some playoff football. It'll be nice to see a new team we haven't played in awhile in Searcy.

JacketFan

Way to go East, keep playing hard, and good luck next week.

OB11

I think that was the biggest upset in the state regardless of classification.

we_hate_the_band

I'd venture to say that's the least athletic team the bears have played. All 5 off their conference losses would have walked the dog with Russellville.

WTD

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on November 12, 2018, 09:13:21 am
I'd venture to say that's the least athletic team the bears have played. All 5 off their conference losses would have walked the dog with Russellville.

Other than Mountain Home...

High Voltage

Look like the West is top heavy with the East being better top to bottom?

Wildcat Football

Quote from: High Voltage on November 12, 2018, 10:59:04 am
Look like the West is top heavy with the East being better top to bottom?
Agree with this analysis.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on November 12, 2018, 09:13:21 am

Ive seen most teams in the west play this year and haven't been impressed besides GW. The East overall just has more size and speed this year.

Baldbarber

And this is why in the wood we cant worry about other teams we never measure up. We cant control what's on other side of ball. But in locker room theres a board with goals on it if we meet our goals we win and if we dont we lose doesn't matter how big and fast they are. Only measure we have is ourselves. Ask your self a question how many times has your team practiced the coin flip? 1of many reasons gw wins 42 14

zebradynasty

Quote from: Baldbarber on November 13, 2018, 02:35:46 pm
And this is why in the wood we cant worry about other teams we never measure up. We cant control what's on other side of ball. But in locker room theres a board with goals on it if we meet our goals we win and if we dont we lose doesn't matter how big and fast they are. Only measure we have is ourselves. Ask your self a question how many times has your team practiced the coin flip? 1of many reasons gw wins 42 14

dang that blue kool-aid is strong!  ???

Pr8hd

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on November 13, 2018, 12:00:33 pm
Ive seen most teams in the west play this year and haven't been impressed besides GW. The East overall just has more size and speed this year.

I watched JB and Marion play a few weeks back and left unimpressed as well by either. Resembled a not so great Big 12 game. It was also unimpressive the way WM squeaked by Jax in OT no less by 3 points. They were less than dominant with another win at home against a very beat up PB team down the stretch. Equally unimpressive has been Marion, they struggled to beat 3 mediocre at best 5A teams (2 of which WM played as well) by 1-2 pts each, that doesn't exactly turn the Eye of Mordor on them or their unimpressive non con resume.  Nevertheless, I fully expect when the dust settles it'll be Benton/WM and GW/Marion in the semi's. Benton is a really good team, make no mistake of the GW score. So, the odds of it being an all West final is higher than all East IMHO.

Personally, I really would rather play WM than Benton in the finals if GW were to be fortunate enough to get that far. As far as the overall analysis, don't put all your stock in on how one game (RV/SH) went that was a surprise really. The others were toss ups at best with JB struggling with LH to some degree and Searcy allowing more yards than SS had put up all year in a game. ED/PB was a toss up battle of last man standing and next man up. Before you stand at the bow and yell, "East is the King of the World". Let's see how this week goes...GW and Benton go out than by all means go full Dicaprio. I might even pose au natural for you to paint a pic of me as well like in the movie if that happens. After all it would be Titanic to take out one of the top seeds this week.

This will be the week  where you either are down in steerage class or one of the privileged on a life boat to the semi's.

Nevertheless, "My Heart Will Go On".........

High Voltage

I think the final four comes down to West Memphis vs. Benton and GW vs. Marion. However, it would not surprise me in the least if PB upsets WM. I think that West Memphis has the toughest road to the finals. Benton is a very good team. Marion played West Memphis to a one point game. I think the final four will be interesting with it being a coin flip each week.

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 13, 2018, 09:59:06 pm
I watched JB and Marion play a few weeks back and left unimpressed as well by either. Resembled a not so great Big 12 game. It was also unimpressive the way WM squeaked by Jax in OT no less by 3 points. They were less than dominant with another win at home against a very beat up PB team down the stretch. Equally unimpressive has been Marion, they struggled to beat 3 mediocre at best 5A teams (2 of which WM played as well) by 1-2 pts each, that doesn't exactly turn the Eye of Mordor on them or their unimpressive non con resume.  Nevertheless, I fully expect when the dust settles it'll be Benton/WM and GW/Marion in the semi's. Benton is a really good team, make no mistake of the GW score. So, the odds of it being an all West final is higher than all East IMHO.

Personally, I really would rather play WM than Benton in the finals if GW were to be fortunate enough to get that far. As far as the overall analysis, don't put all your stock in on how one game (RV/SH) went that was a surprise really. The others were toss ups at best with JB struggling with LH to some degree and Searcy allowing more yards than SS had put up all year in a game. ED/PB was a toss up battle of last man standing and next man up. Before you stand at the bow and yell, "East is the King of the World". Let's see how this week goes...GW and Benton go out than by all means go full Dicaprio. I might even pose au natural for you to paint a pic of me as well like in the movie if that happens. After all it would be Titanic to take out one of the top seeds this week.

This will be the week  where you either are down in steerage class or one of the privileged on a life boat to the semi's.

Nevertheless, "My Heart Will Go On".........

"Mediocre 5A Teams" including:
Wynne- 2 Seed in the 5A-East, (7-4, 6-2 in 5A)
Parkview- 3 Seed in a Private School dominated 5A-Central, played 2 7A opponents very well, and 5-2 in the Central
Blytheville- 1 Seed in the 5A-East, (6-2 in 5A)

These were great early tests for Marion, and proved so down the stretch consistently. Is Marion perfect? No, but to say that holding run-heavy Jonesboro to less than 60 yds on the ground and winning despite multiple interceptions from the sophomore QB in the coldest game of the year is less than impressive does not give credit to the rest of the team Marion has. West Memphis has the least dominant perfect season in a long time, but nonetheless, they pulled it out. The entire state knows that the top-heavy West will make the road to an all East final incredibly tough, but that doesn't diminish the impressive seasons of Marion and West Memphis as your post suggests.

Pr8hd

November 14, 2018, 09:56:18 am #20 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:58:47 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: RushingRed14 on November 14, 2018, 08:27:36 am
Parkview- 3 Seed in a Private School dominated 5A-Central, played 2 7A opponents very well, and 5-2 in the Central

These were great early tests for Marion, and proved so down the stretch consistently. Is Marion perfect? No, but to say that holding run-heavy Jonesboro to less than 60 yds on the ground and winning despite multiple interceptions from the sophomore QB in the coldest game of the year is less than impressive does not give credit to the rest of the team Marion has. West Memphis has the least dominant perfect season in a long time, but nonetheless, they pulled it out. The entire state knows that the top-heavy West will make the road to an all East final incredibly tough, but that doesn't diminish the impressive seasons of Marion and West Memphis as your post suggests.

5A East is WAY down compared to years past...so both those (Marion and WM) claiming to put feathers in their caps over a few victories over them is a stretch esp. the narrow victories Marion enjoyed.

If you look at the 5A, most people have all those teams mentioned on the outside looking in as far as 5A title contenders with PA, Harrison, Texarkana and LRCA being the heavy favs. Plus,  the reality is it's a lower classification and a really good 6A team should have handled them with ease at least this year. I don't think any of the top 3 classes (7A, 6A or 5A) are exempt when it comes to the top heavy arguement.

Things should level out this weekend and as Future mentioned WM will be on heavy upset alert given PB's tradition, how close the first game was, and the fact that the Z's have had a sub-standard year by their expectations under some adverse personnel issues. 

WeRAllFans

Quote from: RushingRed14 on November 14, 2018, 08:27:36 am

I could not agree with you more RushingRed14. Marion's non-conference schedule was exactly what they needed to start the season off with. New coaches, no team camps and no 7 on 7! Not a tough schedule but all 3 teams went 5-2 in their 5A conferences. The Marion Patriot team that will play Friday night against Sylvan Hills is not the team that played Wynne, Blytheville and Little Rock Parkview. Wynne and Blytheville won their playoff games last week and LR Parkview lost by 2.The Patriots have developed into a very good team.  The players are buying what the coaches are selling. Marion played Sylvan Hills in Game 5 in Marion winning by 19. Sylvan Hills has also improved. They must be sky high after the 2OT win over Russellville.(no body gave SH a chance) Has the makings of a good game. Marion wins this one!!! All indicators though point to a Benton/Greenwood final no doubt.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 13, 2018, 03:45:36 pm

dang that blue kool-aid is strong!  ???

Ya'll getting ready for basketball season?

zebradynasty

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 14, 2018, 03:19:28 pm
Ya'll getting ready for basketball season?

Yep we 're going to win state in basketball! We even practice putting air in basketballs no other team practices that ...one of many reason why we'll win.

* PB Basketball doesn't need football to get ready for the season.

High Voltage

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 14, 2018, 11:20:06 pm
Yep we 're going to win state in basketball! We even practice putting air in basketballs no other team practices that ...one of many reason why we'll win.

* PB Basketball doesn't need football to get ready for the season.
NEVER count out PB in football, that would be a stupid mistake!

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 14, 2018, 09:56:18 am
5A East is WAY down compared to years past...so both those (Marion and WM) claiming to put feathers in their caps over a few victories over them is a stretch esp. the narrow victories Marion enjoyed.

If you look at the 5A, most people have all those teams mentioned on the outside looking in as far as 5A title contenders with PA, Harrison, Texarkana and LRCA being the heavy favs. Plus,  the reality is it's a lower classification and a really good 6A team should have handled them with ease at least this year. I don't think any of the top 3 classes (7A, 6A or 5A) are exempt when it comes to the top heavy arguement.

Things should level out this weekend and as Future mentioned WM will be on heavy upset alert given PB's tradition, how close the first game was, and the fact that the Z's have had a sub-standard year by their expectations under some adverse personnel issues.

2 teams in the 5A Quarterfinals means the 5A East is down? lol

zebrafan

Quote from: High Voltage on November 15, 2018, 07:28:03 am
NEVER count out PB in football, that would be a stupid mistake!
Indeed.

Pr8hd

Quote from: zebrafan on November 15, 2018, 01:10:57 pm
Indeed.

The reality is GW has met PB in the playoffs every year since 2012 (the year GW moved up to 6A) in either the semi's or finals except for just ONE year...2014. PB has a tougher road this year to keep that streak alive given the draw and their injuries, but can't cross them off the list till someone lights up at least 1 more on the scoreboard than they get.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 15, 2018, 11:13:03 am
2 teams in the 5A Quarterfinals means the 5A East is down? lol

Come back after this week, I will either eat my crow if both advance, or we can discuss further why the 5A East was down. Neither are the odds on favorite to make the finals or hoist a title.

zebrafan

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 15, 2018, 06:48:29 pm
The reality is GW has met PB in the playoffs every year since 2012 (the year GW moved up to 6A) in either the semi's or finals except for just ONE year...2014. PB has a tougher road this year to keep that streak alive given the draw and their injuries, but can't cross them off the list till someone lights up at least 1 more on the scoreboard than they get.
I'm hoping we keep the streak alive😬

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 15, 2018, 06:50:50 pm
Come back after this week, I will either eat my crow if both advance, or we can discuss further why the 5A East was down. Neither are the odds on favorite to make the finals or hoist a title.

When's the last time any team from the 5A East was the favorite to hoist the title?

westmem

Blue devils it's time to put on your big blue undies we have the zebras 🦓 coming for the upset 😢 I can't predict this one but if I was confident I would say

Devils 28
Zebras 24

Pr8hd

Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 15, 2018, 07:25:41 pm
When's the last time any team from the 5A East was the favorite to hoist the title?

It's been awhile....but used to be pretty regular either Wynne or Batesville would be in the thick of things til the end. So, now you are proving my point that the East has fallen off a lot, so crowing about a couple of teams in the quarters and on the non con schedule is not what it used to be. 

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 15, 2018, 09:06:32 pm
It's been awhile....but used to be pretty regular either Wynne or Batesville would be in the thick of things til the end. So, now you are proving my point that the East has fallen off a lot, so crowing about a couple of teams in the quarters and on the non con schedule is not what it used to be.

You said the 5A East was down this season compared to it's past.....then went on to say that neither Blytheville nor Wynne was the favorite to hoist the title.....well bad news buddy, no one besides PA has been the favorite to hoist the title in really the last 5-6 years.

Not sure how you decided the 5A East was down when it's the same typical thing the last 10 years or so with 2+ 5A East teams still playing after Round 1.....and none the favorite to win at WMS.

Pr8hd

November 15, 2018, 09:45:09 pm #34 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:01:34 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 15, 2018, 09:22:27 pm
You said the 5A East was down this season compared to it's past.....then went on to say that neither Blytheville nor Wynne was the favorite to hoist the title.....well bad news buddy, no one besides PA has been the favorite to hoist the title in really the last 5-6 years.

Not sure how you decided the 5A East was down when it's the same typical thing the last 10 years or so with 2+ 5A East teams still playing after Round 1.....and none the favorite to win at WMS.

I can tell someone hides his own Easter eggs.

If you consider just getting to the quarters and being an also ran, a successful year, your expectations are not high enough or year in and year out you are not very consistent (at least not consistently good).

Now, go put some lipstick on Buscemi....I mean "Hawk", I forgive your total lack of sound, definitive logic in defending the virtues of the 5A East as well as a total waste of time. 

Oldbadger

Oh, excuse me, I thought this was the 6A East board!lol

Pr8hd

Well, so much for Searcy or Marion. Cinderella SH likely means all hopes of the East rest mostly on WM. Benton had to mount an improbable comeback and survive a missed PAT to move on. `GW starts sluggish and just takes care of business. WM put any upset bid by PB to rest in a convincing manner. Think we can put aside all the 6A East Uber Alles to rest. Oh and BTW, 5A East bows out completely as well for any wondering....

Pr8hd

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 16, 2018, 09:59:58 am
Oh, excuse me, I thought this was the 6A East board!lol

So, what I found out on the broadcast of Benton game was that you are closer connected to Benton team than let on....they let slip your moniker on there.

zebrafan

Man that Benton/Jonesboro finish! What a game!

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 16, 2018, 10:01:00 pm
Well, so much for Searcy or Marion. Cinderella SH likely means all hopes of the East rest mostly on WM. Benton had to mount an improbable comeback and survive a missed PAT to move on. `GW starts sluggish and just takes care of business. WM put any upset bid by PB to rest in a convincing manner. Think we can put aside all the 6A East Uber Alles to rest. Oh and BTW, 5A East bows out completely as well for any wondering....

I mentioned this several weeks back. GW is by far the best team in 6A this year. Mercy rule next week. Finals will be close at kickoff.

Pr8hd

November 16, 2018, 10:51:40 pm #40 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:55:17 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: zebrafan on November 16, 2018, 10:44:07 pm
Man that Benton/Jonesboro finish! What a game!

Unbelievable game....only watched the last 1:30 and saw 3 TD's, a double clutch 2 pt conversion, an INT and a Hail Mary to tie at end of regulation only to miss a PAT by slipping down.

Missed kicks at the end of games factored in 2 other games besides this...SH/Marion and Fayetteville/Bryant. All the kicks would have tied their respective games to send the games to OT.

I bet JB wishes they had gone for 2 at the end for sure.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 16, 2018, 10:46:38 pm
I mentioned this several weeks back. GW is by far the best team in 6A this year. Mercy rule next week. Finals will be close at kickoff.

Really thought GW was headed for a down year (by their standards)  based on what they lost. By all accounts, it should be in all honesty.

They may not be one of GW's greatest teams, but they sure play with a chip on their shoulder and with a ton of heart as much or more than maybe Jones first team (that 2004 squad no one gave much of a chance to). GW just seems to find a way, to put themselves in a position to win even when maybe they shouldn't. Losing to NS, I think really lit a fire in this team. On hindsight, it's hard to call a loss good, but that one might have been a good one. They haven't been the same team since that game.

westmem

Well I don't know 🤔 about this playoff I'm not putting nothing pass these four great warriors who left it out on the gridiron but if I was confident about my devils and the SH bears I would say

WM 35
Ben  28

SH    45
GB     21

The Future

If Greenwood loses to Sylvan Hills, we will all be shocked.

If Greenwood loses to Sylvan Hills 45-21??? Arkansas had a better shot at beating Bama by 10 points.

gatecrasher

Quote from: westmem on November 16, 2018, 11:03:41 pm
Well I don't know 🤔 about this playoff I'm not putting nothing pass these four great warriors who left it out on the gridiron but if I was confident about my devils and the SH bears I would say

WM 35
Ben  28

SH    45
GB     21

I want what you're smoking.

Pr8hd

November 16, 2018, 11:13:19 pm #45 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:16:39 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: The Future on November 16, 2018, 11:08:04 pm
If Greenwood loses to Sylvan Hills, we will all be shocked.

If Greenwood loses to Sylvan Hills 45-21??? Arkansas had a better shot at beating Bama by 10 points.

Yeah, GW losing is one thing, but losing by 24 points at home (which they almost never do) in the semis and giving up 45 points which they haven't given up all year is a whole other level of prognostication. Better odds hitting that 1 Billion dollar lotto a few weeks back likely.

I mean kudos to SH no one saw them being in this position, but reality is about to come down hard.

zebrafan

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 16, 2018, 10:51:40 pm
Unbelievable game....only watched the last 1:30 and saw 3 TD's, a double clutch 2 pt conversion, an INT and a Hail Mary to tie at end of regulation only to miss a PAT by slipping down.

Missed kicks at the end of games factored in 2 other games besides this...SH/Marion and Fayetteville/Bryant. All the kicks would have tied their respective games to send the games to OT.

I bet JB wishes they had gone for 2 at the end for sure.
Haha WOW did you have popcorn ready!? What a finish!! Heartbreaking loss for the Hurricanes.

Topdog1

Well it looks like East and West are back to even numbers. Greenwood vs West Memphis is my gut feeling.  Anything can happen with Benton playing though. Good luck to all four teams, but with most of it going to Greenwood of course.   ☝🏼

Baldbarber

Cannot express how excited SH must be. Defense must be playing very well, and offense has been just good enough. I'm sure they don't feel like they've finished yet. But you won't be coming to to Russelville or Marion, you'll be coming to the home of the defending 6A state champs. The team that has redefined the 6A since coming in. Before GW, it was Eldo and Pinebluff. Although GW hasn't won them all since then, the 6A definitely runs through GREENWOOD. So be safe. If you're looking to win a title, you're at least heading in the right direction!

High Voltage

Gonna be a tough trip for Benton. Gonna be tough to beat WM at home. Billy Elmore has always had a knack for winning come playoff time and I think he really wants to avenge that loss to Greenwod in the playoffs last year. So WM will be ready. As for SH and GW, congrats to SH for pulling off the upsets in both weeks and that makes them dangerous. I look for this game to be closer than mostr expect. Sylvan Hills didn't get here because they are a bad team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas