• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Arkadelphia. 2nd Round. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 09, 2018, 08:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 12, 2018, 11:03:45 am
Preseason, I believe we all thought that, but watching the teams Arky played vs the teams Robinson played as the season progressed, Badgers had a little tougher schedule. Rogers was not a good team. Got into the playoffs by default. Camden FV isn't the Cardinals when Buck James was there.
Word is they're trying to work out a home and home with PA for 2020-2021. Which would be awesome. They obviously were hoping Rogers was going to be better when they scheduled it but they want to play up in Class.

STUNNA

Arky and Robinson following the Hembree way with the tough non conference schedules. Warren was smart not to this season but i expect their out of conference schedule to be tougher next season with a bunch of young new faces.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: STUNNA on November 12, 2018, 12:38:46 pm
Arky and Robinson following the Hembree way with the tough non conference schedules. Warren was smart not to this season but i expect their out of conference schedule to be tougher next season with a bunch of young new faces.

Shouldn't they play the same teams as this year? OOC games are usually a 2 year thing, correct? This was the first year of the cycle.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 12:47:18 pm
Shouldn't they play the same teams as this year? OOC games are usually a 2 year thing, correct? This was the first year of the cycle.

Game 1: Hooten's so who knows who they schedule in that game. Probably won't play Batesville SS again.
Game 2. Certain it will be you guys.
Game 3. Who knows....probably Dway.

jimbojack

The Jacks' focus and effort was great against CAC.  Probably the best I've seen since 2015 Hamburg game.  If they can repeat that Friday night, they will win by 14+. Anything less, we will have problems.  With the injuries, we can't afford to be sloppy.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on November 12, 2018, 12:38:46 pm

Don't think Arkadelphia is adopting the "Hembre way". Arkadelphia has rarely played non-conference games against teams in same class or lower, with the exception of Stuttgart as of late (series created by Hooten's?).  Typically going back to the 80's, non-conference opponents have consisted of LR/NLR teams, Benton, Sheridan, Hot Springs, El Dorado, and Texarkana most commonly. With the exception of Hot Springs/Sheridan most of those are typically pretty solid year in/out.

STUNNA

Looks like you guys have played LR Hall, Sheridan, and Hot springs mainly over the past 10 years. And Benton a couple times. But i believe you guys were 5A during some of those years so not sure.

mharris31696

I've said for years that Arkadelphias nonconference schedule was weak. I'm glad they toughened it up. I don't know what happened against S.H. but I think the heat got to the Badgers in that one. Still should have won. The Benton game they just got whooped. You cant tell me Brad Harris didnt have that one marked on the calendar. I dont think Wynne is quite as good as last year but you cant get down 21-0 while shooting yourself in the foot. The only game of the 5 losses that they wernt in at all was the Benton game.

AirWarren

November 12, 2018, 01:25:44 pm #58 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:28:12 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: jimbojack on November 12, 2018, 12:56:48 pm
The Jacks' focus and effort was great against CAC.  Probably the best I've seen since 2015 Hamburg game.  If they can repeat that Friday night, they will win by 14+. Anything less, we will have problems.  With the injuries, we can't afford to be sloppy.

This.

Even as miserable as CAC was, the Warren defense just look ticked off. Getting 26 and 56 back I am sure sparked that. We also looked like we rotated some other guys in too. 33 didn't even play on the line until the second half. Interested to see what our line looks like with 33, 56, and 90 anchoring. Linebacker position played its best game too in a while.

HeberFan

Quote from: AirWarren on November 12, 2018, 01:25:44 pm
This.

Even as miserable as CAC was, the Warren defense just look ticked off. Getting 26 and 56 back I am sure sparked that. We also looked like we rotated some other guys in too. 33 didn't even play on the line until the second half. Interested to see what our line looks like with 33, 56, and 90 anchoring. Linebacker position played its best game too in a while.

CAC was actually rounding into form, late in the season.  Mustangs beat Lonoke and then barely lost to Stuttgart. Both dangerous teams late in the year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 12:47:18 pm
Yes, it should always be a two year cycle. So we should have the same 3 non conference teams again next year. Hooten's or not.

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 01:32:48 pm
CAC was actually rounding into form, late in the season.  Mustangs beat Lonoke and then barely lost to Stuttgart. Both dangerous teams late in the year.

I honestly hadn't followed CAC that much. Thanks for this information.

They had some size and speed. Warren just physically whipped them.

HeberFan

Quote from: AirWarren on November 12, 2018, 01:36:14 pm
I honestly hadn't followed CAC that much. Thanks for this information.

They had some size and speed. Warren just physically whipped them.

Yeah, but, that's Warren !

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: jimbojack on November 12, 2018, 12:56:48 pm
I can see the '15 Hamburg game, I can also compare it to the '16 Prairie Grove game.

HeberFan

Both these teams are playoff tested and have long traditions of winning when it matters. Should be the game of the week. Nobody is talking about it being a rematch of last year's title game. Warren still a little ticked about that fan on the field?  Wonder if a Badger fan gets on the field Friday night?  :o)

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 01:42:29 pm
Both these teams are playoff tested and have long traditions of winning when it matters. Should be the game of the week. Nobody is talking about it being a rematch of last year's title game. Warren still a little ticked about that fan on the field?  Wonder if a Badger fan gets on the field Friday night?  :o)

Anybody ready this....for the love of God stay off the field.

RyanLR

I feel like whoever wins this game is going to be pretty beat up going into the next round. This game is like a concrete block vs a brick.

hogfan10

Quote from: STUNNA on November 12, 2018, 01:17:38 pm
Looks like you guys have played LR Hall, Sheridan, and Hot springs mainly over the past 10 years. And Benton a couple times. But i believe you guys were 5A during some of those years so not sure.

Yea, think those are the schools I mentioned; and I also pointed out that Sheridan/Hot Springs haven't been too good, with the exception of an outlier year here and there.
For many years it was Benton, Texarkana, and a NLR/LR team. Regardless of our classification, we generally don't schedule non-con against equal or below.
Only one below us over the years that I can think of was Nashville (and they usually beat us), and only same level I can think of were Newport ('89/90) and Stuttgart ('15/16/17); which were both highly thought of at the time. Admittedly there's a period of time between '90 and now that I really didn't pay that much attention to it.

HeberFan

Quote from: RyanLR on November 12, 2018, 02:26:22 pm
I feel like whoever wins this game is going to be pretty beat up going into the next round. This game is like a concrete block vs a brick.

Playoffs are about endurance, both mentally and physically. That's why coaching matters so much more as past the weeks grind.

richboy

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 12, 2018, 02:28:18 pm
Yea, think those are the schools I mentioned; and I also pointed out that Sheridan/Hot Springs haven't been too good, with the exception of an outlier year here and there.
For many years it was Benton, Texarkana, and a NLR/LR team. Regardless of our classification, we generally don't schedule non-con against equal or below.
Only one below us over the years that I can think of was Nashville (and they usually beat us), and only same level I can think of were Newport ('89/90) and Stuttgart ('15/16/17); which were both highly thought of at the time. Admittedly there's a period of time between '90 and now that I really didn't pay that much attention to it.
2011 was our last year in 5a. We played Malvern in 2010 and 2011 I believe, back when they were state title contenders but I believe that was the only time we scheduled a lower classification team

hogfan10

Quote from: richboy on November 12, 2018, 02:44:52 pm
2011 was our last year in 5a. We played Malvern in 2010 and 2011 I believe, back when they were state title contenders but I believe that was the only time we scheduled a lower classification team

Yea, wasn't sure about malvern. New we always played them, but thought they moved up/down with us.
We did play Nashville a handful of times from mid 80's til 2011, and lost more times than not.

kjjackson

Played Nashville from 2002 to 2009. Arkadelphia won in 2003. Nashville started 1-5 that year.

hogfan10

Quote from: kjjackson on November 12, 2018, 03:24:54 pm
Played Nashville from 2002 to 2009. Arkadelphia won in 2003. Nashville started 1-5 that year.

We played each of those years? Didn't realize it was that often, anyway like I said we didn't have much success.

Lumberjackfan1978

toadRyder

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 12, 2018, 06:29:40 pm
If Warren plays focused they will win this game

What was the point in posting this? I could go on every thread and say this about each team for absolutely no reason... please give us more reasons for your prediction other than "focusing".. if not for anything but the sake of conversation.

Obviously Warren will play focused.. it is completely necessary to the game.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: toadRyder on November 13, 2018, 12:01:53 am
What was the point in posting this? I could go on every thread and say this about each team for absolutely no reason... please give us more reasons for your prediction other than "focusing".. if not for anything but the sake of conversation.

It's obvious you are new to the board and the game a team can play focused or not Warren didn't  play focused against Helena so there you go learn about the game

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: toadRyder on November 13, 2018, 12:01:53 am

What's the point in posting this? You chastised the guy for posting what he did, then you repeated what he said in your last sentence.

Two weeks ago against HWH we didn't come out focused. Even without Burks, Warren is still a the top team in 4A football but not if we play like we did the last game of the season. It can be said the Badgers can't play the same as they did against Nashville. Both losses were from lack of focus which led to poor execution and L's for both teams.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 13, 2018, 07:59:37 am
What's the point in posting this? You chastised the guy for posting what he did, then you repeated what he said in your last sentence.

Two weeks ago against HWH we didn't come out focused. Even without Burks, Warren is still a the top team in 4A football but not if we play like we did the last game of the season. It can be said the Badgers can't play the same as they did against Nashville. Both losses were from lack of focus which led to poor execution and L's for both teams.

Angry folks....

KASH dba The Lumberjack

HeberFan

Lots of discussion, but, this game is a toss-up.  Wonder which team is best at rallying back, after getting behind early? That would be my key to the victory. Who stops believing first?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 08:44:29 am
Lots of discussion, but, this game is a toss-up.  Wonder which team is best at rallying back, after getting behind early? That would be my key to the victory. Who stops believing first?
Who says Warren will ever get behind? Lol

HeberFan

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on November 13, 2018, 08:23:35 am
Angry folks....

What was the point in posting this? I could go on every thread and say this about each team for absolutely no reason... Please give us more reasons for folks being "angry".. if not for anything but the sake of conversation.

Obviously folks are angry.....  Maybe if you got your pom poms out and cheered more people would be a little happier.. .GEEZ...

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 13, 2018, 09:20:50 am
What was the point in posting this? I could go on every thread and say this about each team for absolutely no reason... Please give us more reasons for folks being "angry".. if not for anything but the sake of conversation.

Obviously folks are angry.....  Maybe if you got your pom poms out and cheered more people would be a little happier.. .GEEZ...

Oh now you've done it.

I'm contacting CNN. I'm filing a civil lawsuit against you're hate filled vitriol.

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 13, 2018, 09:20:50 am

Oh. My pom poms and your tight fifth grader shirts and shoes.....man.....watch out.

Just screams finding happiness.

BigRiverviewGuy

2 very tough and competitive 4a teams, rematch of the state championship. I feel both of these teams aren´t as good as they were last year but are still very solid, I believe whichever team has homefield advantage would win this, but as we know warren has it this time, So i see them taking it 33-27 and taking on the Ricebirds down in Stuttgart next Friday night!

luvdemjacks

A lot of Warren's players have had to step up since Burks is out, and they are doing a great job.  They seem to be clicking on all cylinders and I am predicting that Warren will win.  It's not going to be easy but we can do it.
35- 17.
GO JACKS GO.

HeberFan

I think the Patriots could beat both these teams.  :o)

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 09:20:23 am
It can happen!  :o)
Trust me, I know. The Badgers have always played good games against Warren.

richboy

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 13, 2018, 09:19:28 am
Who says Warren will ever get behind? Lol
according to arkys coach this will be a tough game, Warren has new schemes and formations but Burks was y'alls key player last year. Without him yall most likely wouldn't of scored honestly.. he had all of your points and the most tackles, basically a highlight reel if you ask me, but Warren has the same QB and RB with a few new skill players. Our defense should match up very well against Warren's offense. Now the only problem is can our new OL hold off Warren's stocky DL. That's the challenge this week

HeberFan

Quote from: richboy on November 13, 2018, 01:04:12 pm
according to arkys coach this will be a tough game, Warren has new schemes and formations but Burks was y'alls key player last year. Without him yall most likely wouldn't of scored honestly.. he had all of your points and the most tackles, basically a highlight reel if you ask me, but Warren has the same QB and RB with a few new skill players. Our defense should match up very well against Warren's offense. Now the only problem is can our new OL hold off Warren's stocky DL. That's the challenge this week

Warren would not have scored last year, without TB?  Funniest line I've heard all fall.

richboy

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 01:05:45 pm
Warren would not have scored last year, without TB?  Funniest line I've heard all fall.
my words, yeah. Show me on film where they could of scored without him. Most of the game Warren was in the elephant package with Burks at QB. Besides that one beautiful one handed catch lol!

HeberFan

Quote from: richboy on November 13, 2018, 01:09:32 pm
my words, yeah. Show me on film where they could of scored without him. Most of the game Warren was in the elephant package with Burks at QB. Besides that one beautiful one handed catch lol!

Someone else would have carried the ball, or, catch the passes. Noticed how Warren has scored this year after TB was injured? 

mharris31696

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 11:06:50 am
I think the Patriots could beat both these teams.  :o)

With or without deflated balls?     :D

HeberFan

Quote from: mharris31696 on November 13, 2018, 01:20:24 pm
With or without deflated balls?     :D

Now you threw a monkey wrench into my forecast. Good question!

richboy

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 01:11:13 pm
Someone else would have carried the ball, or, catch the passes. Noticed how Warren has scored this year after TB was injured?
maybe I worded what I'm trying to say wrong. Burks was a key player for Warren. He was a major factor is what you can call it. Eliminating Burks is a HUGE loss. Arky can now key in on other players they need too without having to worry about Burks (less coverage formations) no matter where you put him you had to create a formation to cover that because he was a threat anywhere on the field compared to Warren's other players, that can cause ALOT of trouble for a defense,  I played defense I know... if he was still playing I wouldn't of posted at all this year, because personally I feel noone in 4a would of stopped him plus Warren's other key players. The badgers defense hasn't changed besides notable dillion scott. This will be a good game. I just hope our offensive line is ready.

HeberFan

Quote from: richboy on November 13, 2018, 01:30:00 pm
maybe I worded what I'm trying to say wrong. Burks was a key player for Warren. He was a major factor is what you can call it. Eliminating Burks is a HUGE loss. Arky can now key in on other players they need too without having to worry about Burks (less coverage formations) no matter where you put him you had to create a formation to cover that because he was a threat anywhere on the field compared to Warren's other players, that can cause ALOT of trouble for a defense,  I played defense I know... if he was still playing I wouldn't of posted at all this year, because personally I feel noone in 4a would of stopped him plus Warren's other key players. The badgers defense hasn't changed besides notable dillion scott. This will be a good game. I just hope our offensive line is ready.

I'm just saying that Warren scored before TB and after TB.  Yes, he has outstanding talent and made the team a lot better. He's a monster on defense. Just remember Warren is a team and probably more determined than ever. Can't stand around and watch TB rule the field anymore. Everyone has to contribute.

toadRyder

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 13, 2018, 07:59:37 am

Thanks for clearing up what was meant by "lack of focus". Let me clear up what i meant. In the second round of the 2018 4A Playoffs, Warren will be hosting a tough 7-4A team who beat them at their last meeting. Why wouldn't Warren be focused at all..? This isnt Warren hosting a beat up Fountain Lake team in week 4. This is an important game. Hope this makes sense and clears up why I replied what i did.

Back to the original thread topic..

Warren 17 Arkadelphia 14 in OT.. IF Warren maintains "focus".

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on November 13, 2018, 01:35:14 pm
I'm just saying that Warren scored before TB and after TB.  Yes, he has outstanding talent and made the team a lot better. He's a monster on defense. Just remember Warren is a team and probably more determined than ever. Can't stand around and watch TB rule the field anymore. Everyone has to contribute.
That was the difference in the game to me. The Jacks stood around and watched Burks, the Badgers helped whoever was running the ball gain a few extra yards the entire game and the extra pushing helped win the game late.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 13, 2018, 09:14:27 pm
That was the difference in the game to me. The Jacks stood around and watched Burks, the Badgers helped whoever was running the ball gain a few extra yards the entire game and the extra pushing helped win the game late.

What won the game was the fact that #13 was flat wore out, and because of it couldn't chase down the 230lb TE before scoring the winning touchdown. Oh, and 1 blocked extra point.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas