• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Arkadelphia. 2nd Round. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 09, 2018, 08:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

November 09, 2018, 08:46:16 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:22:13 pm by AirWarren

bigchief72455

richboy

LJ06

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: richboy on November 09, 2018, 09:08:50 pm
Without Burks, Badgers should win.

Watched Arkie's feed tonight.  They are a two horse team.  Turner and Hatley are their offense.  Slow them down and you can beat the Badgers.  Warren needs to play a mistake free football game, because Gosnell dug their own grave tonight against the Badgers.  After seeing Warren's performance tonight and watching Arkie, I'm feeling much better about the Jacks odds.

I was nervous going into tonight, but feel much better now.  Bo will have his team ready.  Home field is a big plus too for Warren.  Not giving a prediction yet, but I feel good about Warren.

-Kyle

AirWarren

Romeo

I wish we could bottle up that defense tonight and carry it with us the rest of the playoffs.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 09, 2018, 09:21:55 pm
I wish we could bottle up that defense tonight and carry it with us the rest of the playoffs.

We got two keys players back tonight. And it showed. Also moved miller around tonight. We were flying on defense.

We gonna be fine guys.

Sports Guru

richboy

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 09, 2018, 09:17:55 pm
Watched Arkie's feed tonight.  They are a two horse team.  Turner and Hatley are their offense.  Slow them down and you can beat the Badgers.  Warren needs to play a mistake free football game, because Gosnell dug their own grave tonight against the Badgers.  After seeing Warren's performance tonight and watching Arkie, I'm feeling much better about the Jacks odds.

I was nervous going into tonight, but feel much better now.  Bo will have his team ready.  Home field is a big plus too for Warren.  Not giving a prediction yet, but I feel good about Warren.

-Kyle
LOL arky can pass too. Don't forget turner put up 277 yds passing on you last year while Hatley  had 64 rushing. & It's real easy to say y'all looked great when your playing a 5 seed LOL  🤣

AirWarren

Quote from: richboy on November 09, 2018, 09:35:59 pm
LOL arky can pass too. Don't forget turner put up 277 yds passing on you last year while Hatley  had 64 rushing. & It's real easy to say y'all looked great when your playing a 5 seed LOL  🤣

We'll see.

JoeWho

Badgers better play better than tonight if they want to beat Warren! 

That second half onside kick was just awful.  They are luck to get a shutdown. 

The first force punt by the Badgers turn into a fumble that extended of the Pirate's first drive.

Better get that fix real quick.
:)

Jsmith48

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 09, 2018, 09:17:55 pm

-Kyle

Actually #1 is about as fast as Hatley but much more elusive. He can pass also so he can cause some matchup problems. Tademy has been playing offense much more also. He has great hands. So there is more than just Turner and Hatley.

hogfan10

-Kyle

So you're suggesting that warren use the same defensive game plan that they used in last year's title game, but w/o #13? How'd that work out?

Superjack45

Should be a good game for sure and both teams should be tested in this one just dont know which Warren team will show up.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I think the difference this year is Warren's D line is a little better than the younger O line from Arkadelphia and we are a little faster than last year overall. It's going to be a good game. Even without #13. Next man up!

Jsmith48

It's going to be a great game. Anyone who thinks Warren isn't as dangerous without Burkes is crazy. Athletes all over the field. Badgers will have to play their best. I would have liked to see him play in person one more time. Saw him pitch last year when the Badgers played at Warren could be drafted out of high school too. He made an amazing catch running into the centerfield wall.

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 09, 2018, 10:21:56 pm
I think the difference this year is Warren's D line is a little better than the younger O line from Arkadelphia and we are a little faster than last year overall. It's going to be a good game. Even without #13. Next man up!

Agree on the OL/DL matchup, and think warren has the advantage there.
Arkadelphia's defense is pretty much the same as last years, I think the offensive has more speed at the skill positions this year, kicking game is strong.
We tend to be loose w/the ball at times, and we have some key players that go both ways out of necessity.
Right now, I think warren wins. Just hope badgers can keep it close, and steel one at the end.

mharris31696

After the way Warren lost in the title game I dont see any way Bo doesnt have his team ready to play next Friday. I just hope the Badgers are just as ready. I figure Warren will take it this time. Just give us Arkadelphia folks some signs pointing to the  open gate so we dont stand outside.

RyanLR

Y'all are gonna think I'm crazy but I'm picking Arkadelphia in this game 28-24. They are absolutely on fire right now. Defensively they are mauling people.

mossflyer

My biggest concern for Arkadelphia's defense is they haven't played a team with a passing threat since Robinson. If they can get pressure and defend the pass, I can see this game staying in the 20's. Should be a great game! 

Jsmith48

Arkadelphia's line and linebackers are still strong but the secondary is the weakness. Last year we had a lot of coverage sacks and we could get by with more man coverage this year we can't. Robinson showed that. However, that game was awhile ago and they are a vastly different team now.

justafan33

Last year's State Championship was the best game I watched. Hopefully the one angry fan will be locked up during this one. Two great teams, should be a showdown. 

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Jsmith48 on November 10, 2018, 08:30:02 am
Arkadelphia's line and linebackers are still strong but the secondary is the weakness. Last year we had a lot of coverage sacks and we could get by with more man coverage this year we can't. Robinson showed that. However, that game was awhile ago and they are a vastly different team now.
The Robinson game was awhile ago when the Badgers ran the gauntlet of their schedule and didn't have a good record. I'm sure Arky got better as the year went on but their schedule got easier also.

Two good teams going at it, going to be another good game.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: richboy on November 09, 2018, 09:35:59 pm

Way to screw up an informative and interesting thread.

Superjack45

November 12, 2018, 08:15:17 am #25 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:14:50 am by Superjack45
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 11, 2018, 11:36:07 am
Way to screw up an informative and interesting thread.
You can best belive nobody here in Warren is underestimating Arky we know about CT and Hatley and the CB/WR,they can ball no doubt about it I am really looking forward to a good came. Just dont know about this one but Friday night will be here soon enough.

STUNNA

I think going forward it will come down to qb and line play for Warren. I think Arkadelphia will load the box and make us try and beat them throwing it.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 12, 2018, 08:44:17 am
I think going forward it will come down to qb and line play for Warren. I think Arkadelphia will load the box and make us try and beat them throwing it.
After rewatching, it was good seeing three players out on the field defensively again that have been out the past several weeks. The returner on the defensive line was disruptive and the young man in the secondary helped out as well.

But I agree....it will be won or lost at the LOS as usual.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on November 12, 2018, 09:03:04 am
After rewatching, it was good seeing three players out on the field defensively again that have been out the past several weeks. The returner on the defensive line was disruptive and the young man in the secondary helped out as well.

But I agree....it will be won or lost at the LOS as usual.
we can run it.. but can we throw it consistently enough with Burks out to keep defenses from crowding the box. We will find out this Friday! And getting a couple pieces back helped tremendously from what i saw against CAC.

HeberFan

Could be the game of the week.  This is a coin toss.

richboy

The Badgers have outscored their last 6 opponents by a combined 250-30

HeberFan

Quote from: richboy on November 12, 2018, 10:02:00 am

Yeah, but this is Warren. Expect a dogfight.

moneyminers

only one of those opponents are playing this week.... but very high powered offense

AirWarren

November 12, 2018, 10:12:45 am #33 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:14:26 am by AirWarren

Against opponents with a combined record of 29-34.

Of note. Warren has outscored it's opponents the last 6 weeks by 238-122. Average opponent combined record is 36-28 for last 6 opponents.

Dumas, HWH, and Hamburg all are still in the playoffs with 10 wins, 8 wins, and 9 wins respectively.

We will be ready.

HeberFan

Arkadelphia might have played the toughest schedule of any 4A team this year. Both squads will be ready.

moneyminers

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 10:13:40 am
Arkadelphia might have played the toughest schedule of any 4A team this year. Both squads will be ready.
Robinsons schedule was far tougher than Arky IMO

HeberFan

Quote from: moneyminers on November 12, 2018, 10:15:57 am
Robinsons schedule was far tougher than Arky IMO

You might be right. Senators started the season against the big boys.

richboy

HeberFan

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Tradition, hopefully, will help the Jacks. We always have a tough playoff bracket. Last year, Arkadelphia caught a break by getting a forfeit. With it not being a bye week, they practiced like lose and go home but didn't have to spend the Friday night energy, no injuries and got rest, I think that was a huge factor.

Even without Burks, Warren has more weapons on offense this year, Badgers losing their O-line hurts.

Losing Burks at LB really weakens the Jacks D but we seem to have a little more team speed on the defensive side of the ball. It's been said the Badgers secondary isn't as good as last year but Warren has to catch the football.

I feel Warren is the better team if we come out focused, just not sure which team we'll get. The team that laid down for HWH or the team that demolished CAC who the week before took Stuttgart down to the last minute. Badgers have just as many questions to answer, they didn't play well through the tough part of their schedule, basically gave Nashville a win by not taking care of the football, especially on special teams. Which teams will show up Friday night?

moneyminers

Arky -
6A Sylvain Hills
6A Benton
5A Wynne

Robinson -
7A Springdale
7A Rogers
5A Camden Fairview

Both played tough non-conference schedules but can´t be determined that Arky played the toughest because they lost their + first two conference games.

HeberFan

Quote from: moneyminers on November 12, 2018, 10:30:20 am
Arky -
6A Sylvain Hills
6A Benton
5A Wynne

Robinson -
7A Springdale
7A Rogers
5A Camden Fairview

Both played tough non-conference schedules but can´t be determined that Arky played the toughest because they lost their + first two conference games.

Good post.  Both teams did the right thing -- ignore their record and play good teams in prep for the late season and playoffs. Seems to have worked for both.

hogfan10

Quote from: moneyminers on November 12, 2018, 10:30:20 am
Arky -
6A Sylvain Hills
6A Benton
5A Wynne

Robinson -
7A Springdale
7A Rogers
5A Camden Fairview

I'd give the toughest schedule nod to Robinson based on what's listed.
But, not sure how Arkadelphia losing to the mentioned schools makes their schedule less difficult?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Rogers and Camden Fairview weren't that tough of an opponent though guys...

richboy

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 12, 2018, 10:37:13 am
But, not sure how Arkadelphia losing to the mentioned schools makes their schedule less difficult?
you'll give the nod to Robinson even though all of they're opponents are out the playoffs while all of Arkadelphias opponents are all still in the playoffs?

hogfan10

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 12, 2018, 10:38:53 am
Rogers and Camden Fairview weren't that tough of an opponent though guys...

First 5 games from my perspective, Badgers:
should have beat SH,
were manhandled by Benton,
could have beat Wynne,
should have beat Nashville,
and should have competed better against Robinson.

moneyminers

Quote from: hogfan10 on November 12, 2018, 10:37:13 am
No, my opinion is that when people say Arky played the toughest nonconference, that they just think that because of the outcome of them losing them. Nothing against Arky but I feel Robinson´s was far tougher.

richboy

Quote from: moneyminers on November 12, 2018, 10:51:35 am
No, my opinion is that when people say Arky played the toughest nonconference, that they just think that because of the outcome of them losing them. Nothing against Arky but I feel Robinson´s was far tougher.
all of arkys nonconference opponents are still in the playoffs while Robinson nonconference opponents are out the playoffs.

hogfan10

November 12, 2018, 10:57:28 am #48 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:59:42 am by hogfan10
Quote from: richboy on November 12, 2018, 10:40:26 am
you'll give the nod to Robinson even though all of they're opponents are out the playoffs while all of Arkadelphias opponents are all still in the playoffs?

After further look, maybe not. I was just going off name/class, and having 2 7A's on schedule is stout; regardless of their success.
But, it appears that Rogers might be weak and I do think CF is in a down period.

I would say:

Springdale >/= Benton, and
SH/Wynne > CF/Rogers.

Either way due to #'s advantage of the larger schools it does create a challenge for the smaller schools, especially in the early season heat.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: moneyminers on November 12, 2018, 10:51:35 am
Preseason, I believe we all thought that, but watching the teams Arky played vs the teams Robinson played as the season progressed, Badgers had a little tougher schedule. Rogers was not a good team. Got into the playoffs by default. Camden FV isn't the Cardinals when Buck James was there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas