• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Lineman in 2A

Started by Backwoods Bart, November 08, 2018, 01:27:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwoods Bart

No disrespect to the skilled guys, but who's the best in the trenches this year who make those runs possible?

Always a dragon

Cody Atkins 72, Blake Wilson 68 both play for Junction City both of them are stud lineman!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Chuck Crawford from Des Arc is pretty good, can be really dominating when he wants to be. Hes 6'5-6 290. Strong as an ox. He also plays both ways. Teams have double teamed him most all year.

Lionsquatch

I can't imagine why they would have to double team him haha that's a big fella

Redzone

Chris Haywood #64
Sophomore DE
Foreman.
6'5" 240 4.7 40 time.
Had 98 tackles and 48 TFL last year   

Also plays offensive tackle.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on November 08, 2018, 08:57:07 am
Chris Haywood #64
Sophomore DE
Foreman.
6'5" 240 4.7 40 time.
Had 98 tackles and 48 TFL last year   

Also plays offensive tackle.

4.7?

OLionSwag74

November 08, 2018, 09:11:23 am #6 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:14:19 am by OLionSwag74
Mount Ida features some pretty dandy D-Lineman, Oscar Pinedo (69 Tackles, 7 Sacks), Ethan Winkley (62 Tackles, 4 Sacks), Kirklyn Sorrell (54 Tackles, 2 Sacks)

i40traveler

Crawford from Des Arc is really good.

I didn't see the big D end for Foreman do much in the game I saw, but the nose tackle #99 cause trouble all night

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on November 08, 2018, 09:20:50 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/sep/25/de-to-bring-attention-to-foreman-201809/

that's impressive, but I believe that 4.7 is just reported by King, not an official laser timed 4.7. im sure he is still fast, with that size is impressive.

Redzone

Quote from: i40traveler on November 08, 2018, 09:24:26 am
Crawford from Des Arc is really good.

I didn't see the big D end for Foreman do much in the game I saw, but the nose tackle #99 cause trouble all night

Yeah that's Davin Cross. He' really good too. Probably the best D line Foreman has ever had.

Redzone

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 08, 2018, 09:26:45 am
that's impressive, but I believe that 4.7 is just reported by King, not an official laser timed 4.7. im sure he is still fast, with that size is impressive.

True. Im not sure of a laser time.

Redzone

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on November 08, 2018, 09:11:23 am
Mount Ida features some pretty dandy D-Lineman, Oscar Pinedo (69 Tackles, 7 Sacks), Ethan Winkley (62 Tackles, 4 Sacks), Kirklyn Sorrell (54 Tackles, 2 Sacks)

MI definitely has a lot of talent on their line.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on November 08, 2018, 09:28:59 am
True. Im not sure of a laser time.

would be cool to see him and Toll from hazen go at each other, bout the same size, same speed and same age.

Redzone

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 08, 2018, 09:32:58 am

would be cool to see him and Toll from hazen go at each other, bout the same size, same speed and same age.

I've heard that kid is a beast

Partsman

Kaleb Kegley #52 from Foreman will be in the mix next year. Played defense for the first time against Mt Ida and had 8 tackles.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Redzone on November 08, 2018, 09:40:03 am
I've heard that kid is a beast

yes he is. looks the part as well.

FootballFever

#64 Haywood is 6'3 and 240 and his 4.7 40 time was at Mississippi State Camp this summer.  King did not time him probably just turned in the time he was given.  the kid is a beast and will only get better, he is just a sophmore & he will probably be 6'5" or 6'6" by the time he is a SR.

couch-coach06

Quote from: FootballFever on November 08, 2018, 09:57:58 am
#64 Haywood is 6'3 and 240 and his 4.7 40 time was at Mississippi State Camp this summer.  King did not time him probably just turned in the time he was given.  the kid is a beast and will only get better, he is just a sophmore & he will probably be 6'5" or 6'6" by the time he is a SR.

This is pretty accurate ... probably closer too 230 in weight .. he fits the bill for a week side D end

sickwillie

November 08, 2018, 10:12:33 am #19 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:16:12 am by sickwillie
Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 08, 2018, 10:05:10 am
This is pretty accurate ... probably closer too 230 in weight .. he fits the bill for a week side D end

All seven days???

Get it coach, you said week instead of weak? Just messin with ya.

couch-coach06

cuz

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Prouddragondad

Mountainburg #75 Dylan Cagle 6-5 345 lbs can really open up some holes on the OL and is a hand full on the DL.

Hosea18

Top lineman has to be from Salem, the kid that is leading the state in all classifications in rushing didn't get there by himself. They have a big center that play D end also has has several sacks.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 12, 2018, 01:47:36 pm #25 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:15:47 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Hosea18 on November 12, 2018, 01:31:00 pm
Top lineman has to be from Salem, the kid that is leading the state in all classifications in rushing didn't get there by himself. They have a big center that play D end also has has several sacks.

one player with that many yards means, the r.b. is probably the main reason he has that many yards. I think des arc is 2nd in the state in rushing yards per game with 370, with over 3300, with just 1 back over 1000. now that's on the linemen.

Hosea18

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 12, 2018, 01:47:36 pm
one player with that many yards means, the r.b. is probably the main reason he has that many yards. I think des arc is 2nd in the state in rushing yards per game with 370, with over 3300, with just 1 back over 1000. now that's on the linemen.

They sound legit and I'm sure they are but have to give credit where credit is do. Just seen where Hooten has Salem kid with 2600 yard+  Has to be some good blocking no matter how good of a back

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hosea18 on November 12, 2018, 07:22:04 pm
They sound legit and I'm sure they are but have to give credit where credit is do. Just seen where Hooten has Salem kid with 2600 yard+  Has to be some good blocking no matter how good of a back

A really good back (Turner) will make a mediocre line look better than they are. Especially when it seems like he has a bunch of long runs. Out runs everyone to the edge and turns it up. I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Baj2844

Not only Turner up at Salem they have 2 others that have quit a few yard with the same line I don't know there stats but they have a pretty good line

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Baj2844 on November 13, 2018, 07:45:16 am
Not only Turner up at Salem they have 2 others that have quit a few yard with the same line I don't know there stats but they have a pretty good line

gotcha, only ever hear about turner.

Greyhound#1

Salem oline is outstanding and probably doesn't get the attention they deserve.  The backup to Turner is a gamer also.  I will try to get his stats for you folks but he had few 100 yd games this year.   

Greyhound#1

Also Salem two fullbacks but some pretty good numbers

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 12, 2018, 07:27:48 pm
A really good back (Turner) will make a mediocre line look better than they are. Especially when it seems like he has a bunch of long runs. Out runs everyone to the edge and turns it up. I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.

It will be interesting to see how Turner fares against a stout defense if they win this week and travel to Foreman for Round 3.  How many yards did he get against them last year in state semifinals?

Dapper Dan

Desmond Brown from Hampton is pretty salty

Greyhound#1

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on November 14, 2018, 08:47:30 am
It will be interesting to see how Turner fares against a stout defense if they win this week and travel to Foreman for Round 3.  How many yards did he get against them last year in state semifinals?

110 yds and 1 td

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 14, 2018, 10:35:38 am
110 yds and 1 td

Thanks.  How many carries?

Just going to be difficult to break long runs against team speed that Foreman possesses, even against Earle.  Many of those teams Salem plays (and Dierks in Round 1) just don't have that overall team speed.  Batey plays safety for Gators and, as you can imagine, he can pretty well get the angle on most anybody.

bearfan

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 13, 2018, 10:15:26 pm
Salem oline is outstanding and probably doesn't get the attention they deserve.  The backup to Turner is a gamer also.  I will try to get his stats for you folks but he had few 100 yd games this year.
Salem hasn't even beat a team this year with a winning record

bobthebuilder

Greyhound#1

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on November 14, 2018, 10:57:29 am
Thanks.  How many carries?

Just going to be difficult to break long runs against team speed that Foreman possesses, even against Earle.  Many of those teams Salem plays (and Dierks in Round 1) just don't have that overall team speed.  Batey plays safety for Gators and, as you can imagine, he can pretty well get the angle on most anybody.

i posted all this on the top 2a player post but he had 10 carries.  Turner is 4x better then he was last year. The kid will run over someone.  He not just quick he is strong this year. 

dawgpound

He is 5'8" 185 he can't be running over a whole lot of people or their competition isn't very good

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas