• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

End of Regular Season ADG Super Six

Started by bleudog, November 07, 2018, 10:55:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

1. Hazen 6-2A 10-0

2. Foreman 7-2A 9-1

3. Junction City 8-2A 7-2

4. Conway Christian 5-2A 8-2

5. Hampton 8-2A 6-2

6. Salem 3-2A 8-1

CLICK HERE

jsw6f0

jsw6f0

72aDaddy

Redzone

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 08, 2018, 08:25:27 am
Foreman isn't 9-1.

Technically 8-1 since the Parkers Chapel game only lasted 1 quarter

Lionsquatch

I don't know about curb stomp.  But I do think both of them would beat Salem.  We'll see what we think based on the Foreman/Salem game assuming they both make it to the 3rd round which they should if they're as good as they say.  And I know Foreman is for sure

Lionsquatch

Foreman lost to Mineral Springs and Smackover.  They are 8-2 or 7-2 if you don't count the PC game which we all know what would have happened had the full game been played

cuz

Quote from: Lionsquatch on November 08, 2018, 08:31:15 am
Foreman lost to Mineral Springs and Smackover.  They are 8-2 or 7-2 if you don't count the PC game which we all know what would have happened had the full game been played
Smackover wasn't a loss. Smack over had to forfeit for playing a ineligible player....

Redzone

Quote from: cuz on November 08, 2018, 08:34:20 am
Smackover wasn't a loss. Smack over had to forfeit for playing a ineligible player....
Exactly

Coach95

Hazen is 9-0 also, Bearden game got called in first qtr for storms.

Lionsquatch

Smackover wasn’t a loss. Smack over had to forfeit for playing a ineligible player....
Alrighty didn't know that.  Too bad Smackover woulda had a perfect regular season.  Can we really count that as a Foreman win though? I know officially it is and that's all you can do

cuz

Quote from: Lionsquatch on November 08, 2018, 11:01:44 am
Alrighty didn't know that.  Too bad Smackover woulda had a perfect regular season.  Can we really count that as a Foreman win though? I know officially it is and that's all you can do
It wouldn't matter being they are 3a, Foreman just has 1 loss to MS...

couch-coach06

Count it however u like they are one of the top teams in 3a

Lionsquatch

Quote from: cuz on November 08, 2018, 11:06:24 am
It wouldn't matter being they are 3a, Foreman just has 1 loss to MS...
I agree to this, even with what the score was, that 24 points on an team that went undefeated (other than this game with the mentioned legal problems) and won conference in 3A is impressive.  Foreman belongs at #1 or #2 on this list. Well done

FoxandHound34

Smackover May have had to forfeit, but we all know who really won on the field wasn't even a contest really

cuz

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on November 08, 2018, 12:18:21 pm
Smackover May have had to forfeit, but we all know who really won on the field wasn't even a contest really
Oh no denying Smackover walked all over them just like they did JC....

jsw6f0

I thought we were talking about how overrated Salem is not how good Foreman and JC are. Or for that matter how sketchy Smackover is for trying to use an ineligible player back to the sub topic please.

couch-coach06

Well I mean it was a 1 td game going into the 4th quarter but whatever

cuz

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 08, 2018, 01:11:06 pm
Well I mean it was a 1 td game going into the 4th quarter but whatever
Really, at the end of the 4th it was 24 - 45 Smackover what counts....

couch-coach06

Yeah but too say it wasn't a contest is a little exstreme ..it was fairly competitive until the last quarter just saying definitely got whiped then

cuz

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 08, 2018, 01:38:16 pm
Yeah but too say it wasn't a contest is a little exstreme ..it was fairly competitive until the last quarter just saying definitely got whiped then
Truth of the matter, they played fairly close but Smackover dominated the game and created a lot of the turnovers causing the loss. But by no means I'm I saying they're a bad team, healthy they could win it all. But they have shown they can be beat....😉

bdubyab60

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 08, 2018, 01:01:48 pm
I thought we were talking about how overrated Salem is not how good Foreman and JC are. Or for that matter how sketchy Smackover is for trying to use an ineligible player back to the sub topic please.
No. Just you. It will play out on the field.

Hasbeen92

Do you really think that's why Forman lost game on field Smackover was better (no shame in losing to them)

couch-coach06

Well the inelgible player did score every td..

Hasbeen92

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 08, 2018, 09:48:18 pm
Well the inelgible player did score every td..
So your saying he scored all 45 points and then the next 4 days they beat Junction City without him

Redzone

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 08, 2018, 09:59:51 pm

So your saying he scored all 45 points and then the next 4 days they beat Junction City without him

He scored 5 of 8 TD's

cuz

Quote from: Redzone on November 08, 2018, 10:05:27 pm
He scored 5 of 8 TD's
I watched the game and I think he did have 4 Tds but the bucks are deep in running backs for. 3a and they all have great speed. Now Jc changed their D completely after the Haynesville game and aren't the same team they were when they played  the bucks.....

cuz

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on November 08, 2018, 09:42:25 pm

Do you really think that's why Forman lost game on field Smackover was better (no shame in losing to them)
Smackover was the better team and will go deep in the playoffs. No shame to lose to them they are a very good team, look at their record....

Redzone

Quote from: cuz on November 08, 2018, 10:16:59 pm
Smackover was the better team and will go deep in the playoffs. No shame to lose to them they are a very good team, look at their record....

Definitely no shame. Smack will make it to Little Rock.

Hornetsfan02

GatorBall

I guess you were watching a different game then because with 5:00 left in the game Foreman was only down by 9 points and were driving the ball. Had they not missed three extra point attempts they would have only been down by six and could have just kept running it. But being down by 9 and having to score twice they had to start throwing it. So when they did Smackover definitely made them pay for it. Not taking anything away from Smackover, offensively they did do just about whatever they wanted but to say it wasn't even a contest is a HUGE exaggeration!!

I would also think that the 4 fumbles that occurred between the QB and center (1 of which was inside Smackover's 10 yd line) had a large part to do with getting beat but that is all apart of the game. With that being said, Smackover, without question was the best team Foreman played all year!

tacklethis...

Quote from: GatorBall on November 09, 2018, 03:46:11 pm
I guess you were watching a different game then because with 5:00 left in the game Foreman was only down by 9 points and were driving the ball. Had they not missed three extra point attempts they would have only been down by six and could have just kept running it. But being down by 9 and having to score twice they had to start throwing it. So when they did Smackover definitely made them pay for it. Not taking anything away from Smackover, offensively they did do just about whatever they wanted but to say it wasn't even a contest is a HUGE exaggeration!!

I would also think that the 4 fumbles that occurred between the QB and center (1 of which was inside Smackover's 10 yd line) had a large part to do with getting beat but that is all apart of the game. With that being said, Smackover, without question was the best team Foreman played all year!

Unfortunately points from turnovers count....I keep telling you!

GatorBall

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 09, 2018, 04:44:28 pm

True dat!! Never said they didn't

bleudog

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 09, 2018, 04:44:28 pm

And wins voided by forfeit don't count either.

GatorBall

Quote from: bleudog on November 10, 2018, 09:29:03 am
And wins voided by forfeit don't count either.

I never have understood that though. By definition a forfeit means you lose, so not sure why Smackover's forfeit doesn't count as a win. I mean Salem advanced last year on a forfeit and I didn't think anyone advanced if they didn't win. But I guess AAA has a rule for that too.

And to go further, why does AAA reward a team for refusing to go finish a game that a team is capable of playing like what they did when Foreman played Parker's Chapel second game of the year. Foreman was up 21-0 at the end of the first quarter and they postponed it due to storms until the next day, Saturday. Both coaches agreed they would finish it the next day and they just never showed back up. I mean I don't blame them with a 2 hr drive but they don't have anything to lose from coming back since it would be an incomplete game if they don't come and what probably would have turned into a loss if they did, so they just didn't show back up.

bleudog

Quote from: GatorBall on November 10, 2018, 04:00:12 pm
I never have understood that though. By definition a forfeit means you lose, so not sure why Smackover's forfeit doesn't count as a win. I mean Salem advanced last year on a forfeit and I didn't think anyone advanced if they didn't win. But I guess AAA has a rule for that too.

And to go further, why does AAA reward a team for refusing to go finish a game that a team is capable of playing like what they did when Foreman played Parker's Chapel second game of the year. Foreman was up 21-0 at the end of the first quarter and they postponed it due to storms until the next day, Saturday. Both coaches agreed they would finish it the next day and they just never showed back up. I mean I don't blame them with a 2 hr drive but they don't have anything to lose from coming back since it would be an incomplete game if they don't come and what probably would have turned into a loss if they did, so they just didn't show back up.

Maybe my post wasn't clear.

Because of the post game forfeit:

Smackover's win became Smackover's loss.
Foreman's loss became Foreman's win

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas