• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Week 11-playoff edition

Started by athletic supporter, November 03, 2018, 09:42:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

athletic supporter

Winner in BOLD:

Glen Rose has a bye this week. That means they won't lose to a 5 seed in the 1st round this year.

PB Dollarway @ Mayflower...The Eagles are healthy and looking to make a statement...42-13

Yellville-Summit @ Danville...The Little Johns are battle tested and the Panthers won't know what hit them...48-7

Baptist Prep @ Booneville...The Eagles are in BIG trouble...55-14

Game of the Week:
Atkins @ Lamar...I really don't know what to think about this game. Atkins was manhandled by Danville and Mayflower. I think those two teams are really good. Lamar was beaten badly by what I have been told is the worst Charleston team in 20 years. The big question is: Did Lamar "sandbag" knowing they were the 2 seed no matter what? I'm going with the Red Devils in a close one...24-22

xadboy

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 03, 2018, 09:42:39 pm
Winner in BOLD:

Glen Rose has a bye this week. That means they won't lose to a 5 seed in the 1st round this year.

PB Dollarway @ Mayflower...The Eagles are healthy and looking to make a statement...42-13

Yellville-Summit @ Danville...The Little Johns are battle tested and the Panthers won't know what hit them...48-7

Baptist Prep @ Booneville...The Eagles are in BIG trouble...55-14

Game of the Week:
Atkins @ Lamar...I really don't know what to think about this game. Atkins was manhandled by Danville and Mayflower. I think those two teams are really good. Lamar was beaten badly by what I have been told is the worst Charleston team in 20 years. The big question is: Did Lamar "sandbag" knowing they were the 2 seed no matter what? I'm going with the Red Devils in a close one...24-22
Lamar didn't sand bag. We have struggled with teams that pass the ball. Give Charleston credit as they hit Lamar in the mouth and they didn't like it. Can Lamar get it going again or has back to back disappointing losses too much? Do think if Lamar shows up this could be a really good game. IMO it's a toss up game.

eagles18

Quote from: xadboy on November 04, 2018, 10:06:31 am
Lamar didn't sand bag. We have struggled with teams that pass the ball. Give Charleston credit as they hit Lamar in the mouth and they didn't like it. Can Lamar get it going again or has back to back disappointing losses too much? Do think if Lamar shows up this could be a really good game. IMO it's a toss up game.
I would like to point up that Atkins is a pretty good passing team with a nice QB and Group of WR's. However, Atkins is weak in the trenches and if Lamar can expose them there it will be a long night for Atkins.

athletic supporter

Quote from: eagles18 on November 04, 2018, 05:24:08 pm
I would like to point up that Atkins is a pretty good passing team with a nice QB and Group of WR's. However, Atkins is weak in the trenches and if Lamar can expose them there it will be a long night for Atkins.

I guess you're not for all 4-3A teams, huh?

eagles18

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 04, 2018, 05:54:14 pm
I guess you're not for all 4-3A teams, huh?
I'll pull for any 4-3A team except Glen Rose. I was just stating a few things about Atkins. However, I will admit Glen Rose is really good. There is no other team I hate more than glen rose.

athletic supporter

Quote from: eagles18 on November 04, 2018, 05:56:37 pm
I'll pull for any 4-3A team except Glen Rose. I was just stating a few things about Atkins. However, I will admit Glen Rose is really good. There is no other team I hate more than glen rose.

At least we can agree on something 😉🏈

SR30

Guess you are doing something right if you get this much hate. Guess everyone is just mad because GR walked into the 4-3A and rolled through everyone.

WarEagle10

I don't think it's hate for GR as much as it is lack of respect based on the way their team and especially their coaches act.  I don't think I'm alone in this assessment.  This is based on the profanity by the coaches and cheap shots by the players, not to mention the fan who parked next to me who was peeing on MY tire when I got back to my truck.  😂   I'll will give GR a break in the cheap shots since they play hard and aggressively and it's hard not to get a few late hits doing that.  All kidding aside, Danville had the most class in the conference, by far based on this year's experience.  That being said, I do wish all the teams in the conference the best of luck in the playoffs, even Glen Rose and the guy who couldn't hold it. 

Wrestlingbeaver13

THEY HATE US....BECAUSE THEY AINT US!

SR30

But yet it is ok for a Baptist Prep fan to tell our kid he is a "piece of trash" as he walked into the locker room? This kid doesn't even play much and gets trash talked. But yet we should show respect. And like I have said before I have been cussed up one sideline and down the other by my high school coach. A man who will probably end up in the arkansas sports hall of fame soon. And after the way Joe T Robinsin coaches acted at Haskell Harmony Grove last week, I'd say they make our crew look like saints.

WarEagle10

I can't speak for the person who may have said it, but that sort of action isn't condoned by BP.

SR30

I wouldn't think it would be wareagle and it kind of caught me by surprise. I wouldn't have put much faith in it had a player told me but it was this players mother who was walking with him heard it. She is a teacher at GR and a very good friend. So it is hard not to trust her.

panther07

How can so many different people from all across the state have the same view of glen rose but they're all wrong? It just doesn't add up. Glen Rose didn't develop this reputation for no reason. It just doesn't work that way. Not when it's from so many different sources

WarEagle10

Very good point Panther.   And SR30.... I'll give the GR coaches credit though, they are well prepared and their kids play hard for them.  They've beaten some very good teams at home this year and have put themselves in good position to have home games till the championship.  This is arguably the best conference in the state with 4 strong teams.

SR30

As I have stated before Glen Rose teams and fans of the past have been rowdy and done questionable things. But to call this team the same as the ones from 5 or more years ago is absurd. This group of players now have some of the best young men I have been around. I coached some of these seniors when they first started in 4th grade.  All players from every team talk trash on the field, I know I did decades ago. Anyone who says they didn't better be wearing rubber boots because lightning is about to strike you down.  The coaching staff is hard on the boys because they know what they are capable of year in and year out.  Kehner has had 1 losing season since taking over in 2008. Yes he does get fired up but he will stand up for any player on his team regardless if he sees playing time or not.  Not everyone likes every team, its just a fact of life.  Glen Rose has quietly put together another conference championship this year. We do what we do and move on.

athletic supporter

Results:

Booneville 49 Baptist Prep 0...The Eagles' season ends at the hands of the favorite

Mayflower 60 PN Dollarway 22...The Eagles jump out to a huge lead and cruise

Danville 55 Yellville-Summit 13...See above

Lamar 28 Atkins 24...Too many dropped passes and the inability to stop the Warriors on 4th down doomed the Red Devils

This week: 3-1

YTD: 45-5

Skip Baymore

Quote from: panther07 on November 05, 2018, 05:39:27 pm
How can so many different people from all across the state have the same view of glen rose but they're all wrong? It just doesn't add up. Glen Rose didn't develop this reputation for no reason. It just doesn't work that way. Not when it's from so many different sources

Cant bad mouth everybody and all players on the Glen Rose team.  Because there are, no doubt, some good guys and good people at GR.  But Im with you here.  The reputation is something they have earned (and seem to be proud of, lol).  When the coach gathers the players together after losing the state championship game a few years ago (to HA), and throws the runner-up trophy across the room?  What?  And when a group of GR players flip off the Chucktown crowd in the midst of a demolition in a state championship game?  The reputation is earned but is prob unfair to a lot the GR team.  Need a different coach before the reputation changes, IMO.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas