• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pocahontas @ Heber Springs

Started by Redskin2015, November 03, 2018, 03:14:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who takes this one?

Pocahontas
9 (18.4%)
Heber springs
40 (81.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 10, 2018, 02:14:56 pm

Redskin2015

Don't know much about Heber Springs but they usually seem pretty solid year to year.  Pocahontas got a much needed victory but that was against a highland team that wasn't very good, if Pocahontas gets some players back from injuries they have the ability to make this a close one but it will have to be a very well played game and we will have to capitalize on mistakes

ISU7

Hoping we can get Pokey vs Crest rd two at the Tez.
Good luck Skins.

Redskin2015

Quote from: ISU7 on November 03, 2018, 03:30:12 pm
Good luck Skins.
Thank you ISU and that would be something indeed

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: ISU7 on November 03, 2018, 03:30:12 pm
Good luck Skins.
agreed, maybe we can show all the naysayers that NEA can produce

ISU7

SUGARTOWN

Heber's good and they have been playing very well. Pocahontas is going to have to play much better than they have been if they're going to get a win AT Heber.

Coltfan2005

Heber springs looks too strong for Pokey this year.

bigchief72455

November 03, 2018, 11:21:24 pm #7 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:21:41 am by bigchief72455
Pocahontas will show up and they will play hard but injuries have plagued this young team for a while now. I think Heber Springs will be tough for this round. This will be a good experience for these Sophomores. Learning to play through adversity builds character and helps shape who they are after the game ends.

Razorhummer

Redskin2015

Where's all the heber springs posters? They seem to be pretty stand up guys I always love seeing what they have to say

LakeRat

Panthers are all healthy at several key positions and playing well on both sides of play. My only concern is we have a tendency to be a little slow starting out early, but come on like gang-busters in the 2nd half. For a play-off game it will be important to not allow themselves to get down by much in the first half and keep it close... then just keep rolling.

DuckGuide22

HeberFan

Heber and Pokey both start a little slow. Be interesting to see who leads early in this one. Pokey has strong tradition and coaching, don't count them out. As we saw last week across Arkansas, anything can happen.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I'm ready to visit... Nice to see the places outside of our own conference and it looks like a really nice stadium

HeberFan

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 05, 2018, 09:10:50 am
I'm ready to visit... Nice to see the places outside of our own conference and it looks like a really nice stadium

Our visitor stands are excellent, because, the used to be home stands before a stadium remodel a few years ago. Lots of good places to eat around here. Hope the weather is nice.

dirtybirdz69

I think if Heber QB keeps up his work, he can really throw the ball for good passes. Blayze Nelson is a very athletic RB who can run for TD's or short yard gains (very dangerous). I do not know much about Pocahontas so good luck to both teams.

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 03, 2018, 11:21:24 pm
Pocahontas will show up and they will play hard but injuries have plagued this young team for a while now. I think Heber Springs will be tough for this round. This will be a good experience for these Sophomores. Learning to play through adversity builda character and helps shape who they are after the game ends.

Pokey usually has a good line and some tough running backs. 

RabAlumni

TrenchHogs

Would like to say the 4A-3 gets a victory here but I just don't see it happening unless Pokie could get fully healthy. I believe Heber takes this one 42-21

HeberFan

Special teams can change a game... how is Pokey's kicker and punter? Heber is fortunate to have two players who kick well.

bigchief72455

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 05, 2018, 10:15:15 am
Would like to say the 4A-3 gets a victory here but I just don't see it happening unless Pokie could get fully healthy. I believe Heber takes this one 42-21
Injuries have been a real problem for the 'Skins this season. We need a good solid offseason to gain some size and strength.

Redskin2015

Quote from: HeberFan on November 05, 2018, 10:20:34 am

Special teams can change a game... how is Pokey's kicker and punter? Heber is fortunate to have two players who kick well.
Kicking game is usually up and down the kids fly down the field pretty fast on kickoffs though and they've laid the hit stick on a couple of kids this season in that aspect of the game, punts have been fantastic at times and very poor seems like it just depends on the night for special teams

Redskin2015

Quote from: HeberFan on November 05, 2018, 09:45:15 am
What offense does heber run?

TrenchHogs

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 05, 2018, 10:23:06 am
Injuries have been a real problem for the 'Skins this season. We need a good solid offseason to gain some size and strength.

Yep.... work hard in the weight room and hopefully that will help keep kids a little more healthy for next season. Bigger, faster, stronger is the only way to go.

HeberFan

Quote from: TrenchHogs on November 05, 2018, 12:53:48 pm
Yep.... work hard in the weight room and hopefully that will help keep kids a little more healthy for next season. Bigger, faster, stronger is the only way to go.

I would take speed over size and strength, any day. Can't tackle them if you can't touch them!

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 05, 2018, 12:58:10 pm
I would take speed over size and strength, any day. Can't tackle them if you can't touch them!
We have some speed. Just need a little more size and strength to back it up.

HeberFan

Cool, clear weather predicted. That opens up the passing game for the opening round, after several weeks of rain. Could be a night for the offenses!

Redskin2015

Quote from: HeberFan on November 06, 2018, 09:15:34 am
Cool, clear weather predicted. That opens up the passing game for the opening round, after several weeks of rain. Could be a night for the offenses!
I'm so sick of seeing dead T's and wishbones it'll be nice to play a team that spreads it out some

HeberFan

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 06, 2018, 10:11:41 am
I'm so sick of seeing dead T's and wishbones it'll be nice to play a team that spreads it out some

Think you'll see more balance in the playoffs. Gotta mix it up to have a chance against good defenses.

Redskin2015

Quote from: HeberFan on November 06, 2018, 10:15:24 am
Think you'll see more balance in the playoffs. Gotta mix it up to have a chance against good defenses.
This conference season was just a contest of who could pile everyone on the line and dive forward for four yards won't do much good once they go up against those bigger linemen

TrenchHogs

Quote from: HeberFan on November 05, 2018, 12:58:10 pm

Speed kills for sure.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Redskin2015 on November 06, 2018, 10:19:05 am
This conference season was just a contest of who could pile everyone on the line and dive forward for four yards won't do much good once they go up against those bigger linemen
It also eats a lot of clock up. And if your defense can not protect against a passing team,you might get left in the dust.

Hatchet

Quote from: HeberFan on November 05, 2018, 09:45:15 am
Pokey is not very physical. The games I watched of pokey their line stands up and they don't tackle very well.  They waste #3 by putting him at corner instead of lining him up at FS and use his speed to cover the hole field.

HeberFan

Quote from: Hatchet on November 08, 2018, 08:42:10 am
Pokey is not very physical. The games I watched of pokey their line stands up and they don't tackle very well.  They waste #3 by putting him at corner instead of lining him up at FS and use his speed to cover the hole field.

Might be a good time to change that. Hard to make position changes in the playoffs, but, sometime it creates a spark. Going to be the coldest night of the year.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: HeberFan on November 08, 2018, 08:44:13 am
Might be a good time to change that. Hard to make position changes in the playoffs, but, sometime it creates a spark. Going to be the coldest night of the year.
Shows 25 as a low with pretty high humidity... Could we see frozen precipitation? I'd love to see football in the cold on Friday and go hunting on Saturday with snow/frost

LakeRat

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 08, 2018, 09:12:52 am
Shows 25 as a low with pretty high humidity... Could we see frozen precipitation? I'd love to see football in the cold on Friday and go hunting on Saturday with snow/frost

Temps are projected to be 42-36 from 7pm - 10pm Friday night, partly cloudy, with 7-8 mph wind and humidity in the mid 60's. 0% chance of precipitation... In simple terms, somewhere between darn cold and dang cold... but dry.

Coltfan2005

Pokey has wasted #3's talents all season long. Kid had over 2,000 yards passing and rushing last year. Switched him to WR this year (throwing away almost 1,000 yards passing) and then to RB for a game, QB for a game. Maybe in the playoffs they will have him playing center. This has got to be a great kid with a great attitude, cause anyone else would be very unhappy with the coaching decisions.

HeberFan

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 08, 2018, 01:46:00 pm
Pokey has wasted #3's talents all season long. Kid had over 2,000 yards passing and rushing last year. Switched him to WR this year (throwing away almost 1,000 yards passing) and then to RB for a game, QB for a game. Maybe in the playoffs they will have him playing center. This has got to be a great kid with a great attitude, cause anyone else would be very unhappy with the coaching decisions.

Who knows what surprises Pokey will bring to Cleburne County. Wonder why #3 is not at quarterback this year? Are the 'Skins thin at receiver?

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 08, 2018, 01:56:37 pm
Who knows what surprises Pokey will bring to Cleburne County. Wonder why #3 is not at quarterback this year? Are the 'Skins thin at receiver?
Who knows? We love surprises. LOL

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Yessir... Redskins always love a surprise attack on opponents

Redskin2015

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 08, 2018, 03:02:39 pm
Yessir... Redskins always love a surprise attack on opponents
Definitely now is the time of year you show teams looks that you haven't shown all year

HeberFan

Except Rivercrest. Have ya'll seen tape on them? They only need two plays -- run up the middle and run to the edge. Haven't been stopped all season, except one very rainy night.

redandgray

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Man it's a beautiful drive this time of year to Heber

DuckGuide22

Rivercrest will come to reality soon but for now, let's go lil black kitty cats! Make the 2-4a proud

Ghs21

SouthernerPride

Heber will roll, Pokey can't stop the run very well. Here's to seeing the 4A-2 go undefeated in RD 1!

bigchief72455

Halftime
Heber Springs 24
Pocahontas 20

Redskin2015

Redskins playing some excellent ball they get the ball to start the second half

policeman

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 09, 2018, 08:13:22 pm
Halftime
Heber Springs 24
Pocahontas 20

I'm streaming it, its a really good game.. That last drive by Pokey was amazing..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas