• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoxie vs Rison round 1

Started by Zebras98, November 03, 2018, 01:01:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebras98

Hoxie travels to Rison for round 1! Thoughts?

HighSchoolRecruiter

wildcatrider

Seeing as how Hoxie is 5-4 as I previously stated this will also be a blowout.  Mercy rule.  Being a 5th seed do you expect competition?  I know things could happen.  Who has Hoxie beat?

501Arkansas

Quote from: wildcatrider on November 03, 2018, 08:27:42 am
Seeing as how Hoxie is 5-4 as I previously stated this will also be a blowout.  Mercy rule.  Being a 5th seed do you expect competition?  I know things could happen.  Who has Hoxie beat?
I know Rison isn't glen rose but ask glen rose about a 5 seed Newport  from the 3a-3 beat them in the first round last season. Don't sleep on a 5 seed. Anyone can be beat

wildcatrider

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 03, 2018, 08:55:17 am
I know Rison isn't glen rose but ask glen rose about a 5 seed Newport  from the 3a-3 beat them in the first round last season. Don't sleep on a 5 seed. Anyone can be beat

I have seen that happen as well.  Happened to Rison before. This team thinks that because they have so many awesome players they are unstoppable and are claiming a state title already.   I just think they need a reality check. 

MR#1

If you look at Hoxie's schedule, the 4 losses look like quality losses. (Some people will not understand that concept.) Rison should win, but I think it will be a tough game.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: wildcatrider on November 03, 2018, 09:40:11 am
I have seen that happen as well.  Happened to Rison before. This team thinks that because they have so many awesome players they are unstoppable and are claiming a state title already.   I just think they need a reality check.

Rison didn't tackle very well last night against Dollarway. I'm sure Coach Totty will get their attention.
Last year's loss to Danville is still fresh in their minds, I don't think they are going to overlook anyone. Again, Totty will get their attention.
Rison may get beat, but it won't be because their mind is not right.

1wildcat

Tristram Shandy

There is such a thing as quality losses, but I question how a team can allow over 300 points to be scored on them in a season and be competitive in the playoffs. Even winless Corning dropped 20 on Hoxie. Factor in that the game is being played in Rison, which is a tough environment for an underdog to play in.  The Cats will be up for this one.  I predict Rison by 35+.

blackandoldgold

A few years ago Rison was a 2 seed & lost at home to 5th seeded Mansfield. Rison was coming off their first loss of the year the previous week @ Prescott. The interesting tidbit was that the Mansfield head coach (Coach Gill) that year was previously the Rison defensive coordinator.

Sure, most of the better seeded teams win, especially at home. However it's never a guarantee. There's almost always an upset or two.

I saw Hoxie coaches scouting at the Rison-Dollarway game Friday night. Likely they'll devise something to give their team the best chance to upset Rison & move on.

Good luck to both teams.

ISU7

hootingowl

Rison is really good. I dont see them losing. Should mercy rule this bunch. Mark this prediction down .     

blackandoldgold

Before everyone disregards Hoxie, remember Hoxie defeated 4A member Trumann back on 8/31. Trumann finished 7-3 overall & 6-1 in their respective conference.

Also as a 5th seed Hoxie scored 108 points all together against the top 4 teams in their respective conference. That's an average of 27 points per outing against their conference's best teams.

If they can figure out a way to slow down Rison's potent ground attack, then they'll make a game out of it.

Read somewhere that Rison has given up less points defensively than any team in any classification in the state. They're strength of schedule hasn't been great, but you play the schedule given you.

They don't hurt themselves with a lot of turnovers either. Believe they've only fumbled once & that was @ McGehee.

Safe travels for everyone going to any game Friday night, especially those visitors, many of whom are traveling a good distance.

501Arkansas

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 03, 2018, 11:59:27 pm
Before everyone disregards Hoxie, remember Hoxie defeated 4A member Trumann back on 8/31. Trumann finished 7-3 overall & 6-1 in their respective conference.

Also as a 5th seed Hoxie scored 108 points all together against the top 4 teams in their respective conference. That's an average of 27 points per outing against their conference's best teams.

If they can figure out a way to slow down Rison's potent ground attack, then they'll make a game out of it.

Read somewhere that Rison has given up less points defensively than any team in any classification in the state. They're strength of schedule hasn't been great, but you play the schedule given you.

They don't hurt themselves with a lot of turnovers either. Believe they've only fumbled once & that was @ McGehee.

Safe travels for everyone going to any game Friday night, especially those visitors, many of whom are traveling a good distance.
+1

camo5257

Quote from: Tristram Shandy on November 03, 2018, 11:01:33 am
There is such a thing as quality losses, but I question how a team can allow over 300 points to be scored on them in a season and be competitive in the playoffs. Even winless Corning dropped 20 on Hoxie. Factor in that the game is being played in Rison, which is a tough environment for an underdog to play in.  The Cats will be up for this one.  I predict Rison by 35+.
Coach sears took his starters out at corning when they were winning by 50+. Corning only scored 6 on 1st team

DogCatcher

Newport took down almighty Glen Rose from this spot last year, it can happen. Hoxie is probably the best 5th seed in the playoffs.

hootingowl

Again, rison is best team I've seen all year. Hoxie hasn't seen the speed chavis and #11 have for rison. Rison offensive line blocks well and defense is top knotch.....Rison  by alot!!! Maybe 35

The Voice Seminole Nation

Hoxie has a good Senior Quarterback that does a really good job at mixing the run and pass offense.  He throws a good ball and when he is on, he is pretty tough.  I don't have to tell you anything about Coach Sears, he is an excellent coach.  With that being said, I don't see Hoxie being able to withstand the speed that Rison will have and folks...speed kills!!!!  I see Rison running off with this one. 

Sick Dog

Quote from: DogCatcher on November 04, 2018, 11:45:39 am
Newport took down almighty Glen Rose from this spot last year, it can happen. Hoxie is probably the best 5th seed in the playoffs.
Yes but Newport last year had several injuries early and wasn't a real 5 seed. They were much better than that. They played in the same conference as Osceola and Rivercrest who were pretty good last year. So that wasn't as much of an upset as all of you think it was. Plus GR hadn't beat anyone good last year going into that game.

DogCatcher

Quote from: hootingowl on November 05, 2018, 01:50:00 pm
Again, rison is best team I've seen all year. Hoxie hasn't seen the speed chavis and #11 have for rison. Rison offensive line blocks well and defense is top knotch.....Rison  by alot!!! Maybe 35
Yes, Hoxie has seen speed they play both Osceola and Newport which are both very fast!  That's why they lost to those teams, speed.

sprained ankle

If this game was at Hoxie the Mustang might have a chance. But, it's not.

AlumniLights

Quote from: wildcatrider on November 03, 2018, 09:40:11 am

Wildcatrider, was that 2007 when Mountainburg beat Rison?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 05, 2018, 08:07:54 pm
Plus GR hadn't beat anyone good last year going into that game.
Sort of like Rison this year.

1wildcat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 06, 2018, 09:55:32 am
I guess nobody has beat anybody any good then.

Wildcats4

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 06, 2018, 09:55:32 am

So McGehee is ranked #2 in preseason polls, but hey when Rison beats them they are "down this year."

Lumberjackfan1978

hootingowl

Not to make excuses but mcgehee did lose there best running back the week of the rison game for disciplinary reasons. Best running back, and linebacker. Who knows could have made a difference. Rison is very good, but mcgehee is just as good with a bunch of underclassmen

hootingowl

blackandoldgold

Quote from: hootingowl on November 07, 2018, 08:03:16 am
Rison by 35 vs hoxie

If Rison does win by 35, & anything's possible, that will cover the Hooten's (14 pts) & Calpreps (19 pts) spread.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 06, 2018, 11:34:16 am
I guess nobody has beat anybody any good then.
That's really a ridiculous and childish argument on the order of, "Well, if you feel that way, I'm going to take my marbles and go home." How about Smackover over Prescott? Are you going to argue that if I don't think Rison beat anyone good, that Prescott is not good?

Quote from: Wildcats4 on November 06, 2018, 01:54:39 pm
So McGehee is ranked #2 in preseason polls, but hey when Rison beats them they are "down this year."
As you well know, preseason polls mean nothing. They are just guesses. How good a team is must be proven on the field.

1wildcat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 07, 2018, 11:51:36 am
That's really a ridiculous and childish argument on the order of, "Well, if you feel that way, I'm going to take my marbles and go home." How about Smackover over Prescott? Are you going to argue that if I don't think Rison beat anyone good, that Prescott is not good?
As you well know, preseason polls mean nothing. They are just guesses. How good a team is must be proven on the field.
McGehee would beat Prescott.

RHScats

Pump your brakes there wildcat.  I don't think so.

1wildcat

Quote from: RHScats on November 07, 2018, 01:00:12 pm
Pump your brakes there wildcat.  I don't think so.
We'll just have to disagree for now! ;D

RHScats

I'm not saying they can't but it would be a uphill battle.

CURLEYWOLF24

1wildcat

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 07, 2018, 01:23:33 pm
You have lost yo mind!!!
I'm pretty sure you'll get the chance to prove it. ;)

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 07, 2018, 01:31:49 pm
I'm pretty sure you'll get the chance to prove it. ;)
Against Newport

KOJACK

1wildcat

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 07, 2018, 02:34:30 pm
Against Newport
Newport needs to borrow a defense from someone first.

Gr3yhounds

November 07, 2018, 05:52:56 pm #39 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:23:12 pm by Gr3yhounds
Rising might need to borrow some tougher competition before talking about someone’s defense.

1wildcat

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on November 07, 2018, 05:52:56 pm
Rising might need to borrow some tougher competition before talking about someone's defense.
Now that's funny, Newport gave up more points in one game than Rison has all year!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 07, 2018, 06:53:34 pm
Now that's funny, Newport gave up more points in one game than Rison has all year!
I respect Rison and know they have a good team but you can't compare scores when not playing the same teams.

Risondude

1wildcat

Quote from: Oldman on November 07, 2018, 07:22:39 pm
I respect Rison and know they have a good team but you can't compare scores when not playing the same teams.

I understand that but good teams don't give up 62 points.

MR#1

November 07, 2018, 10:54:12 pm #44 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:57:23 pm by MR#1
Well, it appears as if there are some new Wildcat fans posting on the board. Glad to see you. However, I wish that you would show a little more humility regarding the team. Never give any team bulletin board material by posting arrogant statements. It's not fair to our boys. Otherwise, glad you're here and be cool.

My not-so-bold prediction:

Rison - 38
Hoxie - 12

Good luck to both teams. Hoxie fans, safe travels and enjoy the game and concessions ('cause there ain't anything else on the way back home until that Watson Chapel McDonald's). Hey, that's cool though, that's Rison, home of the Wildcats.

blackandoldgold

Quote from: MR#1 on November 07, 2018, 10:54:12 pm
Well, it appears as if there are some new Wildcat fans posting on the board. Glad to see you. However, I wish that you would show a little more humility regarding the team. Never give any team bulletin board material by posting arrogant statements. It's not fair to our boys. Otherwise, glad your here and be cool.

My not-so-bold prediction:

Rison - 38
Hoxie - 12

Good luck to both teams. Hoxie fans, safe travels and enjoy the game and concessions (cause there ain't anything else on the way back home until that Watson Chapel McDonald's). Hey, that's cool though, that's Rison, home of the Wildcats.

+1

1wildcat

November 08, 2018, 09:00:19 am #46 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:04:44 am by 1wildcat

RHScats

CoolBreeze

Actually, most of the contrary posts are in response to claims by posters like you that Rison has the championship all but sewed up.

bootsie84

I don't think it's necessary to provide bulletin board material for our opponents in order to be proud of our team.  And it's not necessary to smack talk—unless you're twelve years old.  Rison has the best team in 2A, 3A and 4A and that will be revealed over time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas