• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helena-West Helena at Pea Ridge

Started by MoChedda, November 02, 2018, 10:29:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Full-get-it on November 08, 2018, 02:57:31 pm
I don't know why everyone keep bringing up the cold weather. Both teams have to play in it. Muscles will be tight and collisions will hurt the same on both sides.

Yeah, it's not like you guys are from Florida, have never seen snow and you're going to play in Green Bay. Lol

Dogpound2010

After I seen how pea ridge played against Shiloh they do not stand a chance ,cougars have  a lot of speed and size on both sides of the ball,they are physical and know how to tackle, they are good even with penalties.

Hawk4L

To say PR doesn't stand a Chance is just stupid. We played terrible last week yes but that was last week. We have our Qb back so we will have a passing game now. I think it will be close. Hope the bus ride hurts them and we pull off the win

hootingowl

I think what they trying to point out is pea ridge is used to the cold, helena is not !! :o

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hootingowl on November 08, 2018, 06:44:39 pm
I think what they trying to point out is pea ridge is used to the cold, helena is not !! :o

Yep, it doesn't get cold in Helena.  ::)

Dogpound2010

Gonna need more than a long cold bus ride to beat Helena them boys play better on the road...

DuckGuide22

It hasn't been cold in NWA this year either. I keep hearing how lsu won't like the cold too and I think it's dumb. Arkansas hasn't played in the cold all year and could hate it worse

Dogpound2010

HeberFan

Could be a good night for the Ice Cougars!

prHOG13

We'll see how well HWH handles the turf too.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 09, 2018, 10:18:01 am
We'll see how well HWH handles the turf too.
Handled it quite well at Warren 8 days ago...

Hog Lefty

The turf at PR is hard and slippery.  If they 're not used to turf, it could be a little adjustment.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

Quote from: Full-get-it on November 08, 2018, 02:57:31 pm
I don't know why everyone keep bringing up the cold weather. Both teams have to play in it. Muscles will be tight and collisions will hurt the same on both sides.

It would only really matter if one or both teams practiced indoor all the time because they have lazy coaches.

Full-get-it

DuckGuide22

PEe ridge isn't the only place helena has played on turf. 4 of their old conference foes had it and they did well on it last week at warren

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: DuckGuide22 on November 09, 2018, 04:09:45 pm
PEe ridge isn't the only place helena has played on turf. 4 of their old conference foes had it and they did well on it last week at warren

Pea Ridge has a very unique turf unlike any other in the state... I know they buy special shoes for it... Shiloh is aware of it and has a "Pea Ridge" set of game shoes..  Ask Robinson how that turf is...

prHOG13

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 09, 2018, 04:15:35 pm
Pea Ridge has a very unique turf unlike any other in the state... I know they buy special shoes for it... Shiloh is aware of it and has a "Pea Ridge" set of game shoes..  Ask Robinson how that turf is...
Yeah I wasnt just saying that

Have seen several teams from central and south arkansas struggle with traction in the playoffs the last few years

Dogpound2010

dhen

Eaglemaniac

"Turf " mist be giving them both fits.

dhen

THE D.O.C

dhen

Coltfan2005

i would watch it but apparently pea ridge schools charge 5 dollars...and hwh radio link says no page found.

beach bum

I went to the U of A soccer match tonight and it had more scoring than this game  ;D

dhen

dhen

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 09, 2018, 09:27:07 pm
i would watch it but apparently pea ridge schools charge 5 dollars...and hwh radio link says no page found.
http://streaming401ic.network1sports.com/kffa

Coltfan2005

AirWarren

Coltfan2005

AirWarren

I wonder if he has cried about the pea ridge cafeteria tonight.

AirWarren

4th and goal.

Someone have EMS close for the HWH guy if they stop them.

AirWarren

beach bum

1-4A with only one team left.... Not good. At least the one they got is good I guess. 8-4A and 7-4A absolutely dominating.

AirWarren

RabAlumni

CoachRH

Quote from: beach bum on November 09, 2018, 09:37:28 pm
1-4A with only one team left.... Not good. At least the one they got is good I guess. 8-4A and 7-4A absolutely dominating.
Yeah 1-4A is really down!
;D

MoChedda

Quote from: AirWarren on November 09, 2018, 09:38:30 pm
Congrats cougars!
Thanks! I'm just happy to get the win and the weather was brutal. Good luck next week

$aintMaximu$

Even though the 1-4a only has one left it looked like they played respectable. For HWH to put 60 on Warren and 0 on Pea Ridge in regulation is good. PG was a one possession game. Lincoln kept it close. Gentry was the only team to lose big.

prHOG13

Lots of injuries to HWH tonight. Hope everyone is ok, some of them didn't look good.

Both teams played sloppy tonight. Defenses were very good and the offenses really struggled to finish off drives.

Congrats to the Cougars on the win and good luck the rest of the way.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

It looks like Pea Ridge should've done more handoff drills in practice during the week. I don't know who had the frozen fingers but three fumbles like I saw is ridiculous.

bilboswaggins

What happened to the mighty Blackhawk offense?

Wonderdog

How many turnovers did each team commit?

froglips

Unbelievable that Pea Ridge made the Helena radio crew broadcast outside, in sub-freezing temps, wind-chill in the teens.  Good thing it wasn't raining/sleeting/snowing, I guess.  I know it's more of a Class A-size town, but if the school is going to compete on a Class 4A level, they need appropriate facilities. 

CoachRH

Quote from: froglips on November 10, 2018, 11:22:05 pm
Unbelievable that Pea Ridge made the Helena radio crew broadcast outside, in sub-freezing temps, wind-chill in the teens.  Good thing it wasn't raining/sleeting/snowing, I guess.  I know it's more of a Class A-size town, but if the school is going to compete on a Class 4A level, they need appropriate facilities.
This is the norm!  Broadcast crews aren't guaranteed anything!

froglips

Quote from: CoachRH on November 10, 2018, 11:28:45 pm

It's obviously the norm in that little hill town, but it's not the norm at most places.  Check the AAA rule book regarding the hosting of playoff games.  It talks about the importance of media coverage and says to check your press box for adequate seating, lighting, etc.

prHOG13

Quote from: froglips on November 10, 2018, 11:22:05 pm
There's 5 booths in the box. Press/media, home coaches, PA booth, visiting coaches, and clock/25 second clock booth.

There are plans to expand the box in the future, but it's still better than most in our conference.

There are still press boxes that have the visiting coaches in booths or on top of boxes open to the elements.

Sorry we couldn't accommodate you, it made y'all tougher. Good luck the rest of the way.

SUGARTOWN

November 12, 2018, 06:30:20 am #97 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:49:45 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: CoachRH on November 10, 2018, 11:28:45 pm

No, it's not the norm. I've never been to a stadium that couldn't accommodate visiting media inside the press box. Doesn't PR have a new stadium too? That just shows a lack of class.

LJ06

November 12, 2018, 06:48:44 am #98 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:50:39 am by LJ06
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 06:30:20 am
No, it's not the norm. I've never been to a stadium that couldn't accommodate visiting media inside the press box. Doesn't PR have a new stadium too? That just shows a lack of class.
Of cal

Only one I've ever been to and had to broadcast outside from was at Fordyce. With that being said there have been numerous ones we had to broadcast from the top of the pressbox.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Maybe they just didn't want the HWH guy in the press box. The dude gets involved and gets loud. We were in the middle of being throttled by the Cougars and he was so loud, he was coming through on the Jacks broadcast. Some of the stuff he said and the way he said it was funny. He cracked me up several times, glad he didn't stroke as he reported.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas