• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossett in 2019

Started by Sports Guru, November 02, 2018, 02:44:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

November 02, 2018, 02:44:00 am Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:56:06 pm by Crossett Eagle
With our 2018 season at the end we now will move our 7-1 Jr high up to play next year. I think next year will be alot better. We have gotta work on all the dang penalties in the off season. Our O line has gotta learn to block better for the qb, rb, fb. I think the defense can do a little better but they worked there tails off this year for the most part. Our offense just wasn't all complete this year. Our worst season since going 2-8 in 2011.

Full-get-it

From the game I saw you fellas have a lot of talent down there; however 99% of kids will only do what they are coached, so in order to them to get better they have to be coached better.

green-eagle

Quote from: Full-get-it on November 02, 2018, 06:10:48 am
From the game I saw you fellas have a lot of talent down there; however 99% of kids will only do what they are coached, so in order to them to get better they have to be coached better.

yes you maybe right.... but we need to develop players at positions and not just plug them in.... we had several good players, playing in the wrong positions. 2018 season was lacking one thing and some crossett fans will agree, we had NO PLAYER MAKER! we have been blessed over the years here in Crossett to have that one outstanding players that can change a game. This year, we did not have one..... so let's hope that this upcoming class gives us one.

Sports Guru

November 02, 2018, 12:51:16 pm #3 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:32:36 pm by Crossett Eagle
If the coaching staff can't win with the upcoming talent we have a problem and need to fix it in 2019. However I do not believe Nason is the problem.

DuckGuide22

The first thing crossett needs to fix is the lighting. I don't think the kids can see a ball in the air playing under those. And I believe you are right about the incoming talent, if there isn't any improvement over this year then a change needs to be made

Sports Guru

November 02, 2018, 01:20:53 pm #5 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:35:14 pm by Crossett Eagle
Nason has a record of 24-39 at Crossett now after 6 years of being our coach. We need at least a 7 or 8 win season and a playoff win next year. We have not won a playoff game since 2003 when Crossett last won a outright conference title.... what we got going on now ain't Eagle football.... it ain't Nasons fault I'm sure of it.

I think Nason turns it around starting next year

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: DuckGuide22 on November 02, 2018, 12:55:57 pm
The first thing crossett needs to fix is the lighting. I don't think the kids can see a ball in the air playing under those. And I believe you are right about the incoming talent, if there isn't any improvement over this year then a change needs to be made
At the top of the list. Had to get HS out of our way first. Lighting will be addressed.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 02, 2018, 01:20:53 pm
Nason has a record of 24-39 at Crossett now after 6 years of being our coach. We need at least a 7 or 8 win season and a playoff win next year. We have not won a playoff game since 2003 when Crossett last won a outright conference title.... what we got going on now ain't Eagle football....

I think Nason turns it around starting next year
Most coaches need at least 7 years.

Eaglefreak

Like I said the freshman soon to be super soph will be the difference.  The playmaker is on the roster along with the rest of those freshman will rip the 4a a new 1.  They all know it too.  The time is now and if they can't see that then its very unfortunate for those talented kids to be held back for NO reason.  This will be the most talented team that has ever been down there probably ever.  Talent is talent period.  We should be hosting a playoff game tomorrow!

DuckGuide22

They didn't rip the jr high a new one so I don't expect 4a has too much to worry about

ea cat

AirWarren

Quote from: DuckGuide22 on November 08, 2018, 07:33:31 pm
They didn't rip the jr high a new one so I don't expect 4a has too much to worry about

Cuck, what is this like your 5th name change since 2012?

Sports Guru

November 08, 2018, 08:41:10 pm #12 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:37:17 pm by Crossett Eagle
They should win at least 7 or 8 in regular season next year. They have the capacity to do some damage if they are coached right and also if and only if the players are willing to work hard and practice and try to learn to catch the ball and limit penalties.

DuckGuide22

I believe they have some good talent though

Eaglefreak

Airwarren you already know what it is bud.  4 players from that team played high school bal this season so your Jr high got spared a mercy rule.  If they would have stayed down as freshman you guys would have been blown off the map and they woild still ne looking for them you know it so don't even try that.  We've been beating the brakes off of Warren since the 3rd grade so get ready for the rip Air.  Its about over with for your dynasty anyway, Mr. Burks cant save anymore.  All that popping off and you just got 60 pieces of chicken dropped on you by them cougers.  So keep sliding in on my comments Air and just know, we comin!

AirWarren

November 08, 2018, 09:31:58 pm #15 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:48:53 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Eaglefreak on November 08, 2018, 09:30:35 pm
Airwarren you already know what it is bud.  4 players from that team played high school bal this season so your Jr high got spared a mercy rule.  If they would have stayed down as freshman you guys would have been blown off the map and they woild still ne looking for them you know it so don't even try that.  We've been beating the brakes off of Warren since the 3rd grade so get ready for the rip Air.  Its about over with for your dynasty anyway, Mr. Burks cant save anymore.  All that popping off and you just got 60 pieces of chicken dropped on you by them cougers.  So keep sliding in on my comments Air and just know, we comin!

Lol. 3rd grade?

The hopeless holding onto hope is adorable. The jacks just reload man. You thinking it's over when Burks leaves is as ignorant as people saying it was over when Bret Smith left.  It's going to take more than a freshman and his big mouth daddy/uncle/whoever to dethrone Warren. The opinion of the sheep matters nothing to the wolf...it's big boy time...4a playoffs. No time to worry about next year.

Curious though. What triggered you? I was asking cuck/birdflu/duck why he keeps making so many names?

Eaglefreak

Whoa Air, just my opinion bud.  I see you're a little sensitive so i wish you and the jacks the best man.  Treylon was and still is the man but I was just bantering a little bud.  Just stating facts but at the same time I'm nobody's big mouth anything so lets cool it with the name calling, im just a real passionate fan.  Again i hope you guys win and win big cuz if you do that without Mr. Burks then that would be impressive.  And oh yeah, if I could have had Brett and the rest of those guys you had then I would call myself "Air" too.  Been a nice run tho.

Eaglefreak

No the question is what triggered you.  This was a Crossett conversation "Air"..

Eaglefreak

Those shoes fit pretty good huh, dont worry about my comments, cuz there not directed at you personally.  I said the whole 4a and I meant the whole 4a, never said any 1. It's everyone im putting on notice.  4a 5a 6a, who wants it?

AirWarren

Quote from: Eaglefreak on November 08, 2018, 11:23:44 pm
No the question is what triggered you.  This was a Crossett conversation "Air"..

No, I asked DuckGuide why he keeps changing names. He has been Cuck/BirdFlu and now duckguide over the past several months. I mentioned nothing about Crossett.

AirWarren

Quote from: Eaglefreak on November 08, 2018, 11:30:48 pm
Those shoes fit pretty good huh, dont worry about my comments, cuz there not directed at you personally.  I said the whole 4a and I meant the whole 4a, never said any 1. It's everyone im putting on notice.  4a 5a 6a, who wants it?

Duly noted......   ::)

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Eaglefreak on November 08, 2018, 11:30:48 pm
Not personal? You mentioned "Air" 2-3 times. It's great that you have faith in your Eagles. Every fan in the 8 wants the best teams to be in this conference. It makes us all better in the end. But the best you're hoping for is 7-8 games, Ol' "Air" and I as well as other Jack fans expect to be playing to Thanksgiving every year. That's what we've come to expect not think every year. We would all like to thank you for putting the entire FF on notice though!

AirWarren

November 09, 2018, 08:39:42 am #22 Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:47:30 am by AirWarren
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 09, 2018, 08:34:59 am
Not personal? You mentioned "Air" 2-3 times. It's great that you have faith in your Eagles. Every fan in the 8 wants the best teams to be in this conference. It makes us all better in the end. But the best you're hoping for is 7-8 games, Ol' "Air" and I as well as other Jack fans expect to be playing to Thanksgiving every year. That's what we've come to expect not think every year. We would all like to thank you for putting the entire FF on notice though!

I'm officially on notice about a a freshman Qb that was evidently not good enough to move up to the senior high with the 4 other crossett freshman who eventually got hammered by Warren again.  I'm also on notice about the 3rd grade talent at crossett.

For what it's worth.....Warren started playing the eagles consistently again in 2010. Without "Mr. Burks", Warren is 5-0 and has beaten Crossett by a point total of 207-62. With "Mr. Burks", Warren is 4-0 on Crossett and has beaten Crossett by a point total of 199-93.

That's why I come here. For the educational opportunities.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: AirWarren on November 09, 2018, 08:39:42 am
I'm officially on notice about a a freshman Qb that was evidently not good enough to move up to the senior high with the 4 other crossett freshman who eventually got hammered by Warren again.  I'm also on notice about the 3rd grade talent at crossett.

That's why I come here. For the educational opportunities.
Ok, I marked in on my calendar, in 6-7 years, Jack fans need to be worried about these 3rd graders.

AirWarren

I mean...if we gonna bring babies into the conversation....let's talk real talk. Concrete talent talk.

http://salineriversports.blogspot.com/2018/11/little-lumberjacks-win-in-little-rock.html?m=1

Stunna put this on Hogville. Coach Hill knows what's up. Go to the 1:47 mark on the video.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155906575917467&id=542682466&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.hogville.net%2Findex.php&_rdr

Best of luck to crossett. My mom always told me crossett was a big game in her time. Here's to it getting back to that.

Eaglefreak

DuckGuide22

Eaglemaniac

Trash talking getting started early I see. The upcoming sophomore class off Crossett  is loaded with talent but I don't expect a miracle next season. '20 and '21 seasons are the ones I'm looking forward to.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on November 09, 2018, 09:56:45 pm
Trash talking getting started early I see. The upcoming sophomore class off Crossett  is loaded with talent but I don't expect a miracle next season. '20 and '21 seasons are the ones I'm looking forward to.
I'll be happy with 7 or 8 wins and a playoff win next year to start it off. I believe we will get better but hey that is a good start. Go Eagles.

Deanna C

I hope the Eagles do really well next year. I have been a fan since 2016. I wanna see Crossett win at least 6 or 7 next year!!

richboy

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 09, 2018, 08:48:43 am
Ok, I marked in on my calendar, in 6-7 years, Jack fans need to be worried about these 3rd graders.
now that's funny!! 😂😂

AirWarren

Sports Guru

Air Warren just ignore him. Crossett vs Warren have been some pretty good games since 2010. I like Warren very well coached team y'all got. Hope for some more good games between our 2 teams!! I believe we got some good talent upcoming but we gotta wait and see how they play next year. I'm hoping for 7-8 wins next year at least to get us started.

AirWarren

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 14, 2018, 03:36:21 pm
Air Warren just ignore him. Crossett vs Warren are some pretty good games since 2010. I like Warren very well coached team y'all got. Hope for some more good games between our 2 teams!! I believe we got some good talent upcoming but we gotta wait and see how they play next year. I'm hoping for 7-8 wins next year at least to get us started.

I will. I'm hoping for crossett to get to it's potential. Our conference will only be stronger.

jimbojack

Crossett has had talent for as long as I can remember.  That talent just never comes thru. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas