• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fort Smith Southside vs Fort Smith Northside

Started by Topdog1, October 31, 2018, 05:05:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins

Southside
9 (36%)
Northside
16 (64%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Topdog1

WestTiger

I think Southside will take this one but it will be a good close game.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Lumberjackfan1978

Razorback Red

Is this game for the 4/5?  As crazy as it sounds, the C5 is a better draw than the C4 this year.  With GA out, the C5 will play at Sdale and will be favored on the road (I would think).  The C4 will host Harber (unless they pull a big upset tomorrow night).  Harber is getting healthier each week. 

Just throwing that out there. 

Baitshop

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 01, 2018, 07:01:37 pm
Is this game for the 4/5?  As crazy as it sounds, the C5 is a better draw than the C4 this year.  With GA out, the C5 will play at Sdale and will be favored on the road (I would think).  The C4 will host Harber (unless they pull a big upset tomorrow night).  Harber is getting healthier each week. 

Just throwing that out there. 

The winner gets the 4 seed, a home playoff game, and the opportunity to not see who I think will eventually be the state champion, NLR until the finals...

I hate to break it to our old friends from the West, BUT....NLR or Bryant will be the eventual 7A Champion this year.

grizz

Quote from: Baitshop on November 02, 2018, 02:50:40 pm
The winner gets the 4 seed, a home playoff game, and the opportunity to not see who I think will eventually be the state champion, NLR until the finals...

I hate to break it to our old friends from the West, BUT....NLR or Bryant will be the eventual 7A Champion this year.

Definitely wouldn't want to be the #5 for reasons listed above.

Winner tonight is the #4.  If SHS loses, they are the #5.  If NHS loses, they are the #6 (Cabot owns the tiebreaker).

Razorback Red

Not so fast, Bait.  I'll give you NLR as a slight fave, but the Big 3 in the West are right there with Bryant.  Would not shock me at all if the West brings the title back to NWA this year. 

WestTiger

I might agree that NLR could be the 7A Champion, but Bryant barely got by BWHS when they did not have the Starting QB, RB, and #1 Receiver.

Baitshop

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 02, 2018, 04:26:30 pm
Not so fast, Bait.  I'll give you NLR as a slight fave, but the Big 3 in the West are right there with Bryant.  Would not shock me at all if the West brings the title back to NWA this year. 

Red, Red, Red, "NLR as a slight fave"..??..?? Unfortunately, the 7A West days as automatic State Championship game participants is over. The Central has become what the West used to be....a bunch of good teams beating up on each other in the regular season and becoming battle tested while the other conference had a couple of teams going 9-1 and 10-0 and getting their butts handed to them in the 2nd round.

I've seen all of the Central teams in at least 2 games this year and have followed Bennie, Bennie West, and F'ville on Hudl also. The Central has always had outstanding players, the problem has been that the overall coaching in the Central was lagging behind the West's coaches. That gap has closed dramatically with Coach Mitchell at NLR and Buck James at Bryant. I think that Cabot will be tougher in the next couple of years and Coach Malham's antiquated offense is revamped by whomever comes in much like the change at West Memphis when Coach Dausch retired and the old Wing "whatever" left with him.

AS the thread here on the board implies, HarBer's days as the big bully in Springdale looks like it might be over. Fayetteville always has great talent, but I think that although they have been able to hire two big name HC's since Durrell left, the lack of continuity in coaching is costing them games. (And for the record, while Billie Dawson is a fine coach, he has had a wandering eye for years. It would not shock me if he left the first time he thought that the talent pool was going to take a dip for a couple of years). Rogers and Heritage....well, there's no explaining Rogers and Heritage, it has just turned into the black hole of 7A football. My opinion is that Casey Dick, if he will stay around, will get VB back to vying for the 4 seed in the West and might occasionally win a game or two in the playoffs. As for Bennie and Bennie West, I have been more than surprised by the lack of drop off after the split. An absolutely fine job done by the administration, coaches and fans in not allowing what could be a freefall after a school split. Some of the Bennie schools success I would attribute to the things mentioned above, but there is no denying that they have done an oustanding job of handling the split.

As far as the State Championship, I would bet 2 large Geno's pizzas that there is a better chance of 2 Central teams playing for the Championship than 2 West team....any takers just send me a PM.

Razorback Red

Will be fun in the playoffs for sure, I still like the 7A West chances of winning it all.  Now that the regular season is over, here is where I give the odds for winning it all:

1.  NLR
2.  BHS
3.  FHS
4.  Bryant
5.  West
6.  Conway

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 02, 2018, 06:15:00 pm
Red, Red, Red, "NLR as a slight fave"..??..?? Unfortunately, the 7A West days as automatic State Championship game participants is over. The Central has become what the West used to be....a bunch of good teams beating up on each other in the regular season and becoming battle tested while the other conference had a couple of teams going 9-1 and 10-0 and getting their butts handed to them in the 2nd round.

I've seen all of the Central teams in at least 2 games this year and have followed Bennie, Bennie West, and F'ville on Hudl also. The Central has always had outstanding players, the problem has been that the overall coaching in the Central was lagging behind the West's coaches. That gap has closed dramatically with Coach Mitchell at NLR and Buck James at Bryant. I think that Cabot will be tougher in the next couple of years and Coach Malham's antiquated offense is revamped by whomever comes in much like the change at West Memphis when Coach Dausch retired and the old Wing "whatever" left with him.

AS the thread here on the board implies, HarBer's days as the big bully in Springdale looks like it might be over. Fayetteville always has great talent, but I think that although they have been able to hire two big name HC's since Durrell left, the lack of continuity in coaching is costing them games. (And for the record, while Billie Dawson is a fine coach, he has had a wandering eye for years. It would not shock me if he left the first time he thought that the talent pool was going to take a dip for a couple of years). Rogers and Heritage....well, there's no explaining Rogers and Heritage, it has just turned into the black hole of 7A football. My opinion is that Casey Dick, if he will stay around, will get VB back to vying for the 4 seed in the West and might occasionally win a game or two in the playoffs. As for Bennie and Bennie West, I have been more than surprised by the lack of drop off after the split. An absolutely fine job done by the administration, coaches and fans in not allowing what could be a freefall after a school split. Some of the Bennie schools success I would attribute to the things mentioned above, but there is no denying that they have done an oustanding job of handling the split.

As far as the State Championship, I would bet 2 large Geno's pizzas that there is a better chance of 2 Central teams playing for the Championship than 2 West team....any takers just send me a PM.

I agree the Central is the better conference (Top Heavy), but "Beating up on each other"? Other than 3 teams that would be it, NLR, Bryant and Conway.
LR Central is a dumpster fire
LR Catholic is very average
Cabot is down from years past
Southside is a dumpster fire
Northside shot their wad playing Greenwood

West now
Bennie is good
West is good
Fayetteville is good
Springdale is above average
Harber is getting healthy and will be a tough out
Van Buren is below average
Rogers is atrocious
Heritage is atrocious

From top to bottom West is more competitive.

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on November 05, 2018, 10:44:20 am
I agree the Central is the better conference (Top Heavy), but "Beating up on each other"? Other than 3 teams that would be it, NLR, Bryant and Conway.
LR Central is a dumpster fire
LR Catholic is very average
Cabot is down from years past
Southside is a dumpster fire
Northside shot their wad playing Greenwood

West now
Bennie is good
West is good
Fayetteville is good
Springdale is above average
Harber is getting healthy and will be a tough out
Van Buren is below average
Rogers is atrocious
Heritage is atrocious

From top to bottom West is more competitive.

You boys need to drop Southside, Northside, and the Sisters of the Poor and slap NLR, Bryant, Conway/Cabot on the ol' non-con schedule and check just how big them UofG testes really are....shoot, I double dog dare you to put 5A Pulaski Academy on your non-con schedule. I can virtually guarantee you that NLR and PA will say YES to a home and home non-con series with you fellers...

C'mon, go get ya some of that and show us how the REAL big boys do it...

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 05, 2018, 08:27:35 pm
You boys need to drop Southside, Northside, and the Sisters of the Poor and slap NLR, Bryant, Conway/Cabot on the ol' non-con schedule and check just how big them UofG testes really are....shoot, I double dog dare you to put 5A Pulaski Academy on your non-con schedule. I can virtually guarantee you that NLR and PA will say YES to a home and home non-con series with you fellers...

C'mon, go get ya some of that and show us how the REAL big boys do it...
Well, you are not as dumb as I first thought, at least you realize that Southside is a dumpster fire! I think that NLR may be on GW's radar, already playing them in junior high. But again, (You will never get it but I will try again) you need to worry about those Weebils, Mavericks, or Belles, whatever you guys are called these days. Greenwood has dominated SS now for years. And yes, Northside shot their wad against Greenwood. It is awfully big of you to ask Greenwood to play up and better competition when Southside doesn't, lol, what a joke.

Baitshop

-
Quote from: High Voltage on November 06, 2018, 09:35:19 pm
Well, you are not as dumb as I first thought, at least you realize that Southside is a dumpster fire! I think that NLR may be on GW's radar, already playing them in junior high. But again, (You will never get it but I will try again) you need to worry about those Weebils, Mavericks, or Belles, whatever you guys are called these days. Greenwood has dominated SS now for years. And yes, Northside shot their wad against Greenwood. It is awfully big of you to ask Greenwood to play up and better competition when Southside doesn't, lol, what a joke.

Oh, don't underestimate how dumb I am....I do have Greenwood diploma....

There is no denying that the UofG has my Mavericks number right now...

NLR is on Greenwood's "radar".....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....I would not be surprises if you contacted NLR's Jr. team, but I know dang well you boys ain't makin' no overtures to the NLR Charging Wildcats for a game....if NLR was on CRJ radar, then you boys wouldn't be calling Muldrow and Roland for non-con games last year. And is probably the same reason that you will drive past Broken Arrow, Union, Jenks, and Owasso to get to that 3-7 powerhouse Sand Springs Sandites. Dude, we are playing a team with 8 State Championships since 2000. We got no shame in our game unless you are saying that we are playing down scheduling the Bulldogs?

Greenwood is the only team that we have played down in classification since CJW has been at Southside. There have been no Sallisaw's, Poteau's, Lift for Life's, or Sand Springs on our schedule. We have not called Roland or Muldrow for non-con games. And we certainly haven't ducked anyone who wanted to schedule a home and home. If Southside and/or Northside are substandard opponents, then you boys should drop us and go big game hunting.

Here, let me help you boys out:

NLRISD: 501-771-8153. Ask for Coach Jamie Mitchell

Pulaski Academy: 501-604-1910. Ask for Coach Kevin Kelley

I've got numbers for Union, Jenks, and Broken Arrow if you need them. Let me know if you struggle to get your shaking fingers to dial their numbers.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 06, 2018, 10:58:44 pm
-

NLR is on Greenwood's "radar".....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....I would not be surprises if you contacted NLR's Jr. team, but I know dang well you boys ain't makin' no overtures to the NLR Charging Wildcats for a game....if NLR was on CRJ radar, then you boys wouldn't be calling Muldrow and Roland for non-con games last year. And is probably the same reason that you will drive past Broken Arrow, Union, Jenks, and Owasso to get to that 3-7 powerhouse Sand Springs Sandites. Dude, we are playing a team with 8 State Championships since 2000. We got no shame in our game unless you are saying that we are playing down scheduling the Bulldogs?

Greenwood is the only team that we have played down in classification since CJW has been at Southside. There have been no Sallisaw's, Poteau's, Lift for Life's, or Sand Springs on our schedule. We have not called Roland or Muldrow for non-con games. And we certainly haven't ducked anyone who wanted to schedule a home and home. If Southside and/or Northside are substandard opponents, then you boys should drop us and go big game hunting.

I've got numbers for Union, Jenks, and Broken Arrow if you need them. Let me know if you struggle to get your shaking fingers to dial their numbers.

Well Bait,maybe you are that dumb, because I don't make those decisions. Why don't you "Big Boys" schedule KC Rockhurst, Union or Jenks? I mean Bennie and Fayetteville do on a regular basis. Greenwood has an enrollment of less than 900 students. Did that sink in? Less than 900 students! But yet Greenwood, not that powerhouse Southside should schedule these schools. Look at the schools you drove past to schedule Heritage! Sand Springs would beat Heritage, c'mon Bait! And why don't you schedule PA. I'm surprised that CJW hasn't tried scheduling Alma or Clarksville. We have the rings and trophies (recently) to back up our game. How many in a row now over the 7 time state champions in "Big Boy" football? Again Bait, I know it's frustrating not being very good. I totally get it because I am a Razorback and Dallas Cowboy fan, lol. But I don't go calling Alabama or the Redskins dirty and classless at every turn because I am jealous. You jump on that bandwagon every chance you get then get upset when someone calls out your Weebles. You would do yourself some good and maybe take less BP meds if you would just stay off the GW threads!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Baitshop on November 06, 2018, 10:58:44 pm
-

Did you seriously just say:   "We got no shame in our game unless . . . . "

Southside Record: 

2016   3-7
2017   3-8
2018   5-5

You're not ashamed of that record?   

High Voltage

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on November 07, 2018, 02:24:58 pm
Did you seriously just say:   "We got no shame in our game unless . . . . "

Southside Record: 

2016   3-7
2017   3-8