• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A conferences

Started by Gray lizard, October 26, 2018, 11:20:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Looking over the six districts for this year.  It will mean something to get a district or regional championship.  The level of competition has really increased.  Looks like most of the former 5A schools have very good basketball.  With that being a know factor which district will be the toughest top to bottom?

Gray lizard

I notice 8 of the 5A schools were in the 5A State playoffs last year. That is 8 of the 16 teams the qualified for State.

basketballseason

The girls teams going down from 5a to 4a are some of the best in the state. 

Gray lizard

I dont think the girls is quite as drastic only two teams made it past the first game in State. There were 4 boys teams won their first game at State.
With Mills in the final game.

basketballseason

But the good 5a teams who moved to 4a in girls return every starter. 

Gray lizard

Should make for a much better year than the past two years with that 4/3a mix.

LeftyWorld

The 4A is going to have some very good games this year. Lost baptist prep and gained some that would even put them out!

Cardfan1

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 26, 2018, 01:41:54 pm
I dont think the girls is quite as drastic only two teams made it past the first game in State. There were 4 boys teams won their first game at State.
With Mills in the final game.

Farmington and Batesville both drop down in girls.  Lady Cardinals won the 5A West last season, return 7 of their top 8 players and add a sophomore class that went 24-0 last year, primarily playing the 7A West Jr High core. The Sr class already has appearances in 5A Quaterfinal and a 5A Final Four on their resume.  Batesville is loaded as well, return the bulk of their team and have added a move in to a group that had eventual 5A State Champ Hot Springs on the ropes late in The 5A Quarterfinal. Dequeen is another drop down to keep an eye on. They lost to Farmington in the State Tournament last season and return basically everybody from that team. Morrilton, Clarksville, Harrison, and Pulaski Academy all appear to be solid as well

Add all of that to what appears to be an already solid group of 4A girls teams and it could make for an interesting season. Berryville, Star City,Brookland, EStem, Gravette, and Pottsville appear to be poised for continued success as well. I'm sure there are others I haven't heard about yet.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Cardfan1 on October 26, 2018, 11:12:34 pm
Farmington and Batesville both drop down in girls.  Lady Cardinals won the 5A West last season, return 7 of their top 8 players and add a sophomore class that went 24-0 last year, primarily playing the 7A West Jr High core. The Sr class already has appearances in 5A Quaterfinal and a 5A Final Four on their resume.  Batesville is loaded as well, return the bulk of their team and have added a move in to a group that had eventual 5A State Champ Hot Springs on the ropes late in The 5A Quarterfinal. Dequeen is another drop down to keep an eye on. They lost to Farmington in the State Tournament last season and return basically everybody from that team. Morrilton, Clarksville, Harrison, and Pulaski Academy all appear to be solid as well

Add all of that to what appears to be an already solid group of 4A girls teams and it could make for an interesting season. Berryville, Star City,Brookland, EStem, Gravette, and Pottsville appear to be poised for continued success as well. I'm sure there are others I haven't heard about yet.

Thanks for the updates Cardfan1, great breakdown this should be an exciting year!!
Those 5A teams are going to be extremely tough!!
Best of luck to all the teams this year!!

wait4it

I think there will be quite a few used to be 5A teams expecting to make big noise in 4A but I feel 4A schools will have some noise of their own on both the boys and girls teams.  Should be an exciting season.

South 45

Quote from: wait4it on November 02, 2018, 09:38:12 am
I think there will be quite a few used to be 5A teams expecting to make big noise in 4A but I feel 4A schools will have some noise of their own on both the boys and girls teams.  Should be an exciting season.
Agreed....Plenty of smaller basketball schools that can put the thump on the bigger schools. Makes for some good ball...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas