• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar @ Mansfield 10/19/2018

Started by Warriors023, October 12, 2018, 10:13:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TRH

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 16, 2018, 08:48:18 am
Forecast 90% chance of rain

Here's our local forecast for Friday as it stands now -

Friday - Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 55. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Friday Night - A 30 percent chance of rain before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

So, hopefully the rain will have moved out of our area, or at least stops a few hours before kickoff and won't drown the teams and fans.

MICHAELSPAPPY

If there is not much wind, that won't be too bad. I've seen a lot worse at ballgames. But it will be a damp cold (gets into old bones).

TRH

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 16, 2018, 10:16:02 am
If there is not much wind, that won't be too bad. I've seen a lot worse at ballgames. But it will be a damp cold (gets into old bones).

Yes, without the rain, that's football weather! lol

Those making the trek down the mountain for the game be sure to dress for the expected weather and don't forget your binoculars, because you're going to need them, if you set on the visitors side of the field.

xadboy

Quote from: TRH on October 16, 2018, 10:33:30 am
Yes, without the rain, that's football weather! lol

Those making the trek down the mountain for the game be sure to dress for the expected weather and don't forget your binoculars, because you're going to need them, if you set on the visitors side of the field.
Not much of a mountain here in Lamar but will definitely be bringing the umbrella. Hopefully the rain will be done by game time.

Hitman Warrior23

I think I read this earlier, fixing to state the goofy obvious. Mansfield is gonna be devasted over the beating they took or VERY hungry. If Lamar can jump out quick that's gonna be HUGE! Lamar had a GREAT scare last week that I feel can only help the players and Coaching staff be very prepared!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on October 16, 2018, 04:04:30 pm
Mansfield is gonna be devasted over the beating they took or VERY hungry. If Lamar can jump out quick that's gonna be HUGE!

Even if Mansfield is hungry, the nature of the loss still may work against them. The doubt factor may slip in: "Do we really belong?"

High Voltage

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 16, 2018, 04:35:59 pm
Even if Mansfield is hungry, the nature of the loss still may work against them. The doubt factor may slip in: "Do we really belong?"
When talking about 15-18 year old young men sometimes it's more about what is in their heads rather than the talent they have. It takes sometime to change culture. The coach at Mansfield seems to have that culture headed in the right direction. Friday would be a huge step in the right direction with a win!

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 16, 2018, 06:00:30 pm #57 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:11:34 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
This particular year most folks will probably be feeling like that after they play Booneville. Next year should be different. It hasn't been very long since Booneville was 4-7. Things tend to go in cycles.

Warriors023

It wasn't very long ago and Mansfield was 4/7 as well, now look at them. Just hoping the warriors put on some coverages besides the ones used against Greenland, otherwise this may be an even longer ride home Friday night

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 17, 2018, 08:29:51 amJust hoping the warriors put on some coverages besides the ones used against Greenland, otherwise this may be an even longer ride home Friday night

Ain't it the truth!

Bearcatdad

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 16, 2018, 06:00:30 pm
This particular year most folks will probably be feeling like that after they play Booneville. Next year should be different. It hasn't been very long since Booneville was 4-7. Things tend to go in cycles.

4-7 with Booneville is very few and far between.   They are up more than they are down, so I wouldn't expect them to be terrible anytime soon.

TheTruth2010

Is there going to be any live stream of the game?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 17, 2018, 10:36:39 am
4-7 with Booneville is very few and far between.   They are up more than they are down, so I wouldn't expect them to be terrible anytime soon.

Before that they had been 5-6 in 2006, so no, it doesn't happen too often.

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 17, 2018, 10:36:39 am
Yeah you're right, this is the best year Booneville has had in several years. But it ain't over.

TheTruth2010

I think the first half of the Greenland/Booneville game shows that Booneville  can definitely be beat.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 17, 2018, 03:44:15 pm
I think the first half of the Greenland/Booneville game shows that Booneville  can definitely be beat.
[/quote

And the 2nd half shows that you better score a bunch of points to do that!!  If we ever play a complete game and not just show up and go half way we could be really dangerous

MICHAELSPAPPY

Interesting match-up this week. Based on recent performances, this will be weakness against weakness. Mansfield hasn't been able to stop the run and Lamar definitely has gotten burned by the pass.

TRH

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 17, 2018, 03:44:15 pm

It'll take a complete team to beat Booneville.
If you have holes in your defense they will probe and find them and then exploit them.
You'll need a potent offense, with a line that can open holes for 4 quarters, coupled with a very solid defense.

Oh, and the chance of rain for the Lamar vs. Mansfield game has dropped to only 67% C.O.R.

MICHAELSPAPPY

When the weather gets ugly, my fanhood gets a little more of the couch variety, but we'll have to see how the weather transpires. Maybe.

Suzuki Libation Nation

Red dog! Red Dog! RED Dog! RED DOG! Be ready Lamar That dadgum REDDOG is gonna be there all night long!! Did I mention RED DOG!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on October 18, 2018, 12:38:07 am
Red dog! Red Dog! RED Dog! RED DOG! Be ready Lamar That dadgum REDDOG is gonna be there all night long!! Did I mention RED DOG!

With the field as muddy as it is likely to be, both teams probably will be Brown Dogs before the game goes very far.

alaskanstorm

Lamar should win this one by a couple scores. What is bothering the storm though is the  void left by the departure of MAC.  So I got to questioning should I fill that void or would the warrior faithful rather have MAC back?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Just give us some information about Mansfield. I hear they pass a lot. Outside of that, what to expect?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 18, 2018, 09:37:36 am
Just give us some information about Mansfield. I hear they pass a lot. Outside of that, what to expect?

Biggest overall size for a Mansfield in a good bit.  Some speed here and there.  They do pass a lot and like to run some zone read.  Pressure the qb and you'll get picks if your secondary can move a little. Neither line is too stout so if your strong in the trenches it'll be a plus.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 18, 2018, 09:44:25 am
Biggest overall size for a Mansfield in a good bit.  Some speed here and there.  They do pass a lot and like to run some zone read.  Pressure the qb and you'll get picks if your secondary can move a little. Neither line is too stout so if your strong in the trenches it'll be a plus.

Lamar did not look too good against Greenland up front, but so far this year the line has been one of their strengths overall. The big tight end is a weapon. Hope we use him more.

Warriors023

Been watching a little bit of film in Mansfield, liking the matchups I'm seeing. Feel like we will be able to get some pressure off the edges and most of the matchups in the secondary play to Lamar's strengths. We shall see how this rolls into tomorrow night.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Still a decent chance that we could get wet, but at least there is not supposed to be any wind.

Yacht

Dear lord I hope this game is at least as dramatic as the Lamar fanbase is..

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 06:43:38 pm

I see nothing wrong with pointing out things that need to be improved in a program so I see no reason you should leave. It's one thing if a person is negative all the time, but I do not notice that from your posting. I do not see a problem at all with pointing out flaws that could be improved as long as you're cheering the team on 100% which I see you rooting for the program. You should stay on here and not worry. People in leadership positions who can not handle criticism by simply ignoring it need to get a thicker skin.

beach bum

October 18, 2018, 05:47:19 pm #78 Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:55:45 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Yacht on October 18, 2018, 05:42:52 pm
Dear lord I hope this game is at least as dramatic as the Lamar fanbase is..

So you literally create an account on here after reading through this entire thread and comment since it is your first post.... I am not sure what I did except tell a guy he should keep posting cause I enjoyed his input on their program. Second, I am not from Lamar and you probably know that. All the Lamar posters on here are completely sensible, good guys on here, bring good & positive input on their program, and you know that. You just created an account to try to fan the flames for some reason. Anytime you see an account come up and the first posts are like yours you know it wasn't created to actually talk sports at all. Just created to troll. They're 7-0 at this point and let them enjoy that.

beach bum

And now seems like a great time to make my prediction.....

Lamar 26 Mansfield 20

xadboy

Quote from: beach bum on October 18, 2018, 05:47:19 pm

So you literally create an account on here after reading through this entire thread and comment since it is your first post.... I am not sure what I did except tell a guy he should keep posting cause I enjoyed his input on their program. Second, I am not from Lamar and you probably know that. All the Lamar posters on here are completely sensible, good guys on here, bring good & positive input on their program, and you know that. You just created an account to try to fan the flames for some reason. Anytime you see an account come up and the first posts are like yours you know it wasn't created to actually talk sports at all. Just created to troll. They're 7-0 at this point and let them enjoy that.
+1

Yacht

Prediction for tomorrow's game:

Lamar: 35
Mansfield: 24

I'll be in attendance.. the rain won't bother me.. I'll be under my bridge

MICHAELSPAPPY

Both staffs have a coaching job to do this week. It will be interesting to see which team responds.
Or maybe they both will, and it turns into a barnburner.

TRH

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 19, 2018, 07:21:58 am
Both staffs have a coaching job to do this week. It will be interesting to see which team responds.
Or maybe they both will, and it turns into a barnburner.

Here's the latest on the weather at gametime.  The chance of rain is 40% at 5:00pm, dwindling down to 20% chance of rain by 9:00pm, so maybe the rain will miss us.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TRH on October 19, 2018, 08:23:50 am
Here's the latest on the weather at gametime.  The chance of rain is 40% at 5:00pm, dwindling down to 20% chance of rain by 9:00pm, so maybe the rain will miss us.

I just took out the trash and got a half-cup of very cold water down the back of my neck, and instantly lost some of my zeal to go sit out in it.

Those of you at the game please keep us updated.

xadboy

Suzuki Libation Nation

Quote from: Yacht on October 18, 2018, 07:23:37 pm
Prediction for tomorrow’s game:

Lamar: 35
Mansfield: 24

I’ll be in attendance.. the rain won’t bother me.. I’ll be under my bridge
Hey Yachthead nice prediction are u driving ur boat down to Mansfield to watch the game and watch RED DOG RED DOG RED DOGGING all night long!!!!

xadboy

Quote from: xadboy on October 19, 2018, 10:44:36 am
Lamar 36 Mansfield 34
If the rain keeps up like this, may not be as high scoring a game. Provisional prediction Lamar 23 Mansfield 14.

CoolBreeze

Has Mansfield had a lot of rain today? If so, does the field drain well, or will it be a mess?

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 19, 2018, 03:55:01 pm
Has Mansfield had a lot of rain today? If so, does the field drain well, or will it be a mess?

As the crow flies, Mansfield is about 20-25 miles from Booneville, and it has rained all day here.

Warriors023

October 19, 2018, 05:07:29 pm #90 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 06:36:38 pm by Warriors023
Mansfield's field is a bowl, the water doesn't go anywhere except to the sidelines. I'll take Lamar in a good game, 24-14 due to their ability to run the ball down people's throats this year. I'll give an update on field conditions when I get to Mansfield

Warriors023

Must have upgraded their drainage system, field doesn't seem to be too water logged, but passing the ball would be a slippery situiation

Warriors023

2:45 left in2nd
Lamar: 7
Mansfield: 0
Lamar is doing a much better job of sustaining drives than Mansfield. This one may be a barn burner

Yacht

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on October 19, 2018, 11:59:04 am
Hey Yachthead nice prediction are u driving ur boat down to Mansfield to watch the game and watch RED DOG RED DOG RED DOGGING all night long!!!!

Not looking like a real good prediction so far...

Warriors023

Lamar is flat overpowering mansfield, plus the tigers have 10 of 11 starters playing on both sides of the ball.

Warriors023

Also these referees here are terrible all around, no need to have a conference with a back judge about a holding call that is the referees responsibility

MICHAELSPAPPY

Thanks for the reports. Keep them coming.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Lamar still can't guard the pass.

Warriors023

Warriors023

Things are getting nasty. 4 unsportsmanlike penalties on Mansfield in the last quarter

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas