• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will the East be a factor in the playoffs?

Started by PA Dad, October 08, 2018, 08:53:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Very strange that Batesville beat the two teams from the East that won. Pretty bad too.

Grond

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 09, 2018, 09:14:10 pm
Very strange that Batesville beat the two teams from the East that won. Pretty bad too.

Yeah, Batesville either scores 40+ or 14-, this year.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 09, 2018, 09:14:10 pm

You Batesville people sound really sour about being on the couch for playoffs. Let it go

JacketFan

Quote from: Ball Hawk on November 10, 2018, 12:07:45 am
You Batesville people sound really sour about being on the couch for playoffs. Let it go
Lol, these Pioneers are great armchair QBs, to bad it didn't get them into the playoffs, oh well, maybe next year.  Say what you want about Wynne, they get to play longer again this year, so be supportive of the kids, and wish them well. 

MikeDiesel™

I was going to say, I haven't been around much this year on here being on the other side of the world and all. But, if Batesville isn't very good, their poor fans just have to put everyone else down. It's not all of their fans, but a lot of them for sure.

Blytheville had one bad game. Batesville took advantage of it. That doesn't mean Blytheville isn't a really good team. It means that the Puoneers is their number that night.  I've watched Batesville have good years where they lost pretty solidly to someone they shouldn't have also.

Chicks, Jackets..keep pushing on this week. Stay focused and play hard!

RunninJoe

November 10, 2018, 12:32:36 am #55 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:38:31 am by RunninJoe
Y'all are awfully upset about someone stating facts. Batesville did handle both Wynne and Blytheville easily. It's strange that they're both still playing and Batesville isn't. Don't be so sensitive about it.

JessieP

Quote from: RunninJoe on November 10, 2018, 12:32:36 am
Y'all are awfully truly upset about someone stating facts. Batesville did handle both Wynne and Blytheville easily. It's strange that they're both still playing and Batesville isn't. Don't be so sensitive about it.

I was surprised that people took that as trash talking, bizarre. Batesville had a down year, no one said that more than Batesville fans. It's best to ignore Ball Hawk, He's a simple minded troll. I agree that Blytheville had a bad night and Batesville exploited it. If Mr. Diesel had bothered to read a few post before showing his teeth he would have seen that the Batesville posters were very pro-Blytheville. As far as the Wynne game goes, We won because we almost always beat Wynne. Over the past 12 years we're 9-3 vs Wynne. It's just a shame we can't play them 10 times a year including playoffs. We'd be PA.

Ball Hawk

I don't take anything you and the Batesville crew say as trash talk. My team beat you by 35 this season and it could have been worse if we wanted.

I, along with many others, find it quite funny how you downplay all the 5A and talk about how down it is.....yet you couldn't make the playoffs.....that's awkward....

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: JessieP on November 10, 2018, 12:40:06 am
I was surprised that people took that as trash talking, bizarre. Batesville had a down year, no one said that more than Batesville fans. It's best to ignore Ball Hawk, He's a simple minded troll. I agree that Blytheville had a bad night and Batesville exploited it. If Mr. Diesel had bothered to read a few post before showing his teeth he would have seen that the Batesville posters were very pro-Blytheville. As far as the Wynne game goes, We won because we almost always beat Wynne. Over the past 12 years we're 9-3 vs Wynne. It's just a shame we can't play them 10 times a year including playoffs. We'd be PA.

ouch.  I'm hurt. 

MDXPHD

Y'all are too sensitive these days. Must be following with the rest of society.

I'm happy for Blytheville. A comment about beating them just gets turned into what it's not meant to be.

chaingang

Quote from: JessieP on November 10, 2018, 12:40:06 am
.  Jessie go back to when FearlessFriday started keeping records.......Batesville has 11 wins and Wynne has 7 wins ......that doesn't equal to "Almost allways beats Wynne" in my book. I don't know when Batesville came into the East......but I do remember in the 90's it was Wynne, Osceola and Newport would fight it out every year and I think I remember the Greyhounds winning about 19 out of 20 years or something close to that. I will tell you Batesville was not in the Race each year until King came to town and to me that's when it started.....in fact a couple of us where talking Saturday and I said when was the last time Batesville wasn't in the playoffs and I said when Coach King wasn't the Coach.

PA Dad

Quote from: chaingang on November 11, 2018, 09:33:34 pm
.  Jessie go back to when FearlessFriday started keeping records.......Batesville has 11 wins and Wynne has 7 wins ......that doesn't equal to "Almost allways beats Wynne" in my book. I don't know when Batesville came into the East......but I do remember in the 90's it was Wynne, Osceola and Newport would fight it out every year and I think I remember the Greyhounds winning about 19 out of 20 years or something close to that. I will tell you Batesville was not in the Race each year until King came to town and to me that's when it started.....in fact a couple of us where talking Saturday and I said when was the last time Batesville wasn't in the playoffs and I said when Coach King wasn't the Coach.

You can look at any great program (and Batesville fits in that category) and you will find that it started with a great coach.  I don't think there are any exceptions to that maxim.

JacketFan

King is a Great coach no doubt, but he is the absolute best at doing his homework the week prior and developing a solid game plan to win.  He is a master at making adjustments at halftime and implementing them to perfection.  HOF high school coach no doubt. 

JessieP

Sorry, I don't read your book. I'm basing my info going back to when I moved to Batesville, 13 years ago. I can't speak with much certainty to what happened in the 70's, 80's, 90's or the first few years of the 2000's. I know that since I've followed high school football it seemed like Batesville usually beats Wynne. Now this year KAIT previewed the game and said Batesville was the winner of 8 of the previous 11 meetings. I used my worthless SMU education and added this years victory to that list and came up with 9 out of 12. I can't show my work and used all my fingers but I may be wrong. Now mind you the 11 out of 18 you said to repudiate my post does not disprove 9 out of 12, mathematically it still could be true. But you are correct, my point of reference is limited to the past 2 Administrations. Batesville has had a football team for 100 years so I can't speak to the Batesville/Wynne games during the Nixon years.   

JessieP

Quote from: JacketFan on November 11, 2018, 09:49:24 pm
King is a Great coach no doubt, but he is the absolute best at doing his homework the week prior and developing a solid game plan to win.  He is a master at making adjustments at halftime and implementing them to perfection.  HOF high school coach no doubt.

Wynne has a great coach as well. I'm glad to see the Wynne fans have put away the torches and pitchforks and are letting him build his team, it seems to be working.

Maynard G Krebs

Newport ran out of Rucker's and became mediocre.  Good to see them back in the running.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas