• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ozark Hillbillies 2018

Started by smurf_you91, August 13, 2018, 10:51:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smurf_you91

So the Hillbillies are loaded from top to bottom this year and in my opinion! They will be better then the 2012 team. So is 10-0 to much to think about let me know what y'all think?

SUGARTOWN

I wouldn't think about 10-0 until after the first game. That could easily be a loss.

HeberFan

Best way to never be 10-0, is, to think about 10-0.

Neckred

Quote from: HeberFan on August 14, 2018, 01:48:41 pm
Best way to never be 10-0, is, to think about 10-0.
Best way to never be 10-0 is to never think about 10-0

beach bum

They may go 10-0 because I am predicting the 4-4A to be the worst conference in the 4A classification. When I see some people predicting Elkins or Mena to get as high as 3rd in that conference that tells me the conference is headed for bad results when November gets here. The 3-4A is going to take a slight step forward with Gosnell & Rivercrest, and I think will not be the worst conference this year. The 2-4A will be a cut above the 4-4A and the 1-4A, 7-4A, and 8-4A are no discussion better.

beach bum

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 13, 2018, 10:51:54 pm
So the Hillbillies are loaded from top to bottom this year and in my opinion! They will be better then the 2012 team. So is 10-0 to much to think about let me know what y'all think?

Also, if my memory serves me correct that 2012 Hillbilly team made the finals out of the way easier portion of the bracket. Pottsville, Nashville, Prairie Grove, Warren, and Stuttgart were all better teams on the other side of the 4A bracket. If my memory serves me correct Ozark was whipped by Prairie Grove 30-6 earlier in the season. That Ozark team was very good, but I think overall they may have been about the 5th or 6th best team in 4A that year. I saw all those teams play in person I listed above that season and Ozark was not better than those 5 I listed above....

cuckoobird

August 14, 2018, 02:06:41 pm #6 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:08:53 pm by cuckoobird
I would say they were better than warren 2012. At least they scored on the ricebird defense. Warren never made it past the 50 yard line I don't think

Gray lizard

Quote from: beach bum on August 14, 2018, 01:56:42 pm
They may go 10-0 because I am predicting the 4-4A to be the worst conference in the 4A classification. When I see some people predicting Elkins or Mena to get as high as 3rd in that conference that tells me the conference is headed for bad results when November gets here. The 3-4A is going to take a slight step forward with Gosnell & Rivercrest, and I think will not be the worst conference this year. The 2-4A will be a cut above the 4-4A and the 1-4A, 7-4A, and 8-4A are no discussion better.

You really never know what to expect and I have no idea how the bracket will set.  I would be very shocked if there is a 4-4A team playing in the third week of playoffs and that is if the 1 gets a bye.

x14113

I seem to remember the same doubts being expressed on this conference back in 2014.

I wonder what became of them...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: x14113 on August 14, 2018, 02:55:18 pm
I seem to remember the same doubts being expressed on this conference back in 2014.

I wonder what became of them...

They're in 3A now.

Gray lizard

nastynice

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 13, 2018, 10:51:54 pm

IDK about that.  In 2012 Ozark had like 40 kids and 39 of them were seniors.  You win first game then I think you'll go undefeated in regular season. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 14, 2018, 04:41:22 pm
Nope they were in 3A then too.

You're right. But my point remains, the last team to win from this conference is now in 3A.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 14, 2018, 02:06:41 pm
I would say they were better than warren 2012. At least they scored on the ricebird defense. Warren never made it past the 50 yard line I don't think

In all fairness pretty much nobody scored on you guys then.... Even in the whole playoffs.

cuckoobird

smurf_you91

August 14, 2018, 10:38:24 pm #15 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:41:04 pm by smurf_you91
We got lucky to score tbh! But also no team in 4A was keeping Stuttgart from the title that year and I respect them a lot more then others coughboonvillecoughcough. Anyway I know it's way to early but i mean we have the best play in the river valley in running back Daniel Woolsey and the top 5 Tightend and quarterback in the state in Bryant Burns and Dawson Dietz and according to Hootens the best secondary so I mean is it really impossible to think about it?

nastynice

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 14, 2018, 10:38:24 pm
We got lucky to score tbh! But also no team in 4A was keeping Stuttgart from the title that year and I respect them a lot more then others coughboonvillecoughcough. Anyway I know it's way to early but i mean we have the best play in the river valley in running back Daniel Woolsey and the top 5 Tightend and quarterback in the state in Bryant Burns and Dawson Dietz and according to Hootens the best secondary so I mean is it really impossible to think about it?

Booneville returns 20 out of 22 starters from last year. I know Ozark returns most all starters also.  We squeaked it out last year in Ozark, and some how we have to travel north over that lopsided bridge again this year.  It'll be a brawl for sure. Hard to win at Ozark......It'll be the hillbillies first game of the year and our 2nd, maybe we'll have some kinks worked out before the best RB, QB and TE in the country panty spank us!

smurf_you91

Better hope y'all do because they have one game and one game only circled.

HeberFan

Quote from: Neckred on August 14, 2018, 01:49:48 pm
Best way to never be 10-0 is to never think about 10-0

Guess you've never played....

Gray lizard

smurf_you91

Sorry if I got ahead if myself I know it won't be easy with dardy and Pottsville staring us down but this is honestly the best team we have had in awhile so I'm a little stoked about it.

beach bum

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 15, 2018, 09:36:32 am
Sorry if I got ahead if myself I know it won't be easy with dardy and Pottsville staring us down but this is honestly the best team we have had in awhile so I'm a little stoked about it.

Well when Booneville stares you down early in the season is will be something like..... Booneville 42 Ozark 14

smurf_you91

HeberFan

Quote from: beach bum on August 15, 2018, 09:38:42 am
Well when Booneville stares you down early in the season is will be something like..... Booneville 42 Ozark 14

That's big talk, which is neither smart nor classy.

smurf_you91

I wouldn't worry about it Heber because Booneville knows nothing about class.

nastynice

August 21, 2018, 01:53:08 pm #25 Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:58:14 pm by nastynice
Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 21, 2018, 01:32:34 pm
I wouldn't worry about it Heber because Booneville knows nothing about class.

Tell us your definition of class. ....Not knowing where a poster is from before bumping your gums?  Is that your definition? ........Give us an example of Booneville not knowing what class is? .......

OLDSCHOOL82

Oh smurf you, on whos board is dietz a top 5 in the state? And Woolsey is good, who puts him as the best player in the river valley?

HeberFan

Quote from: nastynice on August 21, 2018, 01:53:08 pm
Tell us your definition of class. ....Not knowing where a poster is from before bumping your gums?  Is that your definition? ........Give us an example of Booneville not knowing what class is? .......

These are high school players, so be respectful.

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on August 21, 2018, 02:20:18 pm
These are high school players, so be respectful.
It's pretty evident smurf is a player anyway...

smurf_you91

Woolsey winning the best in the river valley award is why he's the best in the river valley for one and two ask all the football reporters and they will talk to you about Dietz and three Booneville has never been classy.

Momma_S

Thank you for creating this thread and taking us back to prime 2006 Fearless Friday Ozark v Booneville.
It's made my morning.

smurf_you91

August 22, 2018, 09:12:31 am #31 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:14:41 am by smurf_you91
Oh yeah 2006 where Boone-viles db's kept trying to break David English ankles every time they could tackle him.

Rob Van Winkle

Is this that famous Ozark JV team that beat Greenwood JV a couple of year ago????

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 22, 2018, 09:12:31 am
Oh yeah 2006 where Boone-viles db's kept trying to break David English ankles every time they could tackle him.
::) ::) ::) ::) let me guess the reff's never seen it?

smurf_you91

I guess that's just Booneville though hurt other players and kids as long as you do it fairly.

HeberFan

Quote from: Mr.Fridaynight11 on August 22, 2018, 10:56:34 am
  ::) ::) ::) ::) let me guess the reff's never seen it?

Ankles are a legitimate place to tackle. Even the best place against a bigger player.

cuckoobird

It's funny an Ozark fan is complaining about twisting ankles when I saw one of their players do it a whole game once

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 23, 2018, 02:02:08 pm
It's funny an Ozark fan is complaining about twisting ankles when I saw one of their players do it a whole game once

You can't twist the ankle of a Machine !!!

smurf_you91

Come on Heber let's be nice to the ever so respectful Stuttgart alum.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 23, 2018, 02:29:05 pm
Come on Heber let's be nice to the ever so respectful Stuttgart alum.

I'm the only Stuttgart alum on this thread.  :)

HeberFan

Every Stuttgart fan in here knows I respect them and their program.

smurf_you91

August 23, 2018, 02:46:39 pm #41 Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:48:19 pm by smurf_you91
I do to so idk why he or she insists on defending a team they know nothing about? I mean I'm sure Stuttgart has a very heated rival they hate! Well to us that's Booneville now I respect them I mean look at them! But I will never like them I think they are disrespectful but what do I know I've only been following them since my aunt's brother Chance Farley played on the 2000 state champion Bearcats team (who we beat by the way)

nastynice

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 23, 2018, 02:46:39 pm
I do to so idk why he or she insists on defending a team they know nothing about? I mean I'm sure Stuttgart has a very heated rival they hate! Well to us that's Booneville now I respect them I mean look at them! But I will never like them I think they are disrespectful but what do I know I've only been following them since my aunt's brother Chance Farley played on the 2000 state champion Bearcats team (who we beat by the way)

Very little! 

Neckred

Nobody cares

SUGARTOWN

I mean I'm sure Stuttgart has a very heated rival they hate!

No, I don't hate anybody. What would I hate someone just because of the team they cheer for?

Now there are teams I like to beat more than others, but I don't hate them or hope their players get hurt or anything like that.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 24, 2018, 12:07:28 pm
No, I don't hate anybody. What would I hate someone just because of the team they cheer for?

Now there are teams I like to beat more than others, but I don't hate them or hope their players get hurt or anything like that.
+1

HeberFan

I hate the haters.

Oh wait, that means I hate myself.  -1.

smurf_you91

I don't hate any of the people as a whole I hate the town and the team and how they act like they are better then every single team they go up against.

cuckoobird

Quote from: smurf_you91 on August 24, 2018, 02:50:38 pm
I don't hate any of the people as a whole I hate the town and the team and how they act like they are better then every single team they go up against.
That's called confidence, every good team has it

HeberFan

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 24, 2018, 02:51:35 pm
That's called confidence, every good team has it

Smurf is talking about arrogance. Cuck is talking about confidence. Two different things.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas