• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 5A Football Pre-Season Fan Poll

Started by AT, July 11, 2018, 11:25:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Most of you know the drill, if you don't, here's a rundown:

You can vote, yes you. I used to have a # of post minimum, but found that some good posters with small number of posts will vote. I reserve the right to throw out any troll attempts a poll. If you make duplicate accounts to make two good polls to help your team get a higher ranking on forum fan poll, you've already lost.

This poll will be open until the weekend before the first Friday of the year (which is earlier this year, which is why I'm opening it earlier this year). That means WEEK 0, not week 1.

After polls are closed and all have been submitted, I will count the points (10 points for 1st, 9 for 2nd..etc) for each admissible poll and release the rankings.

I don't do ties. What I mean is that I have less time to do this each and every year, so I like to streamline the process as much as possible, so that means if you put:

8. Alma
8. Morrilton

I'm going to give Alma the 8th slot for you and Morrilton the 9th slot. I've found that when fans do this, the teams they list first are the ones they think are better anyways.

Let me know if you have questions. Here is my official vote and maybe a good format for you to use:

1. Pulaski Academy - Champs until proven otherwise, as many will say. Might this actually be the year.

2. Morrilton - Probably has the best or 2nd best player in 5A

3. Wynne - I have no idea what they have coming back. But they are Wynne.

4. Batesville - Seems like a good time for them to cycle up.

5. Harrison - They lost a few studs, but have had some great junior high classes.

6. Texarkana (Arkansas High if you will) - I believe they will hit their stride fast in 5A.

7. McClellan - I don't know what they have returning, but they've been so consistent.

8. Alma - I think they use their offensive line and tradition to stay top ten all year.

9. Maumelle - Other than ending on a good note last year, I don't have much other than I was told they were young last year and had opportunities to beat some good teams.

10. Camden Fairview - Having one of the top, if not the top, players in 5A has to mean something. They also seem to be hitting their stride again.

Just missed for me: Parkview, Little Rock Christian

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle's biggest question mark will be at quarterback.  From last year's team, one graduated, one transferred to McClellan, and one decided to focus on baseball after missing a lot of time with an arm injury.  We did get a transfer from Mayflower who is a big physical kid with a pretty good arm, but I honestly don't know how much game action he's seen at the position.  Fortunately, he'll have a ton of talent and speed around him on offense.  If our OL continues to improve and our defense improves we'll be in the mix.

PA Dad

July 11, 2018, 03:05:42 pm #2 Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:47:28 pm by PA Dad
I'm always glad to see Trackster open the poll.  It means football can't be very far behind.

Trackster, I'm changing my poll based on developments since I originally submitted it.  I assume I can do so before the poll closes.  If not, I'll change it back to the original.

1.    Texarkana- speed and a good coach.

2.    LR McClellan -  they lost a lot but Coach Moody has made me a believer.  The South has been the weakest conference the last few years.  It may be the strongest this year.

3.  Little Rock Christian Academy - They didn't lose as much as I thought. They will be a contender.

4.  Pulaski Academy -  I normally think the reigning champion deserves the No. 1 spot in the preseason poll.  After watching the PA scrimmage I cannot honestly say they should be ranked No. 1.  Even the fourth spot may be too high.

5.  Harrison - with the injury to Criswell, Harrison may be the best of the West.

6.  Batesville- just because they are always in the hunt.

7.  Morrilton- I think the loss of Criswell crippled their chance of a championship but they will compete.

8.   Alma - tradition and a good coach.

9.   Little Rock Parkview - I don't know what they lost, but Bolding is turning the program around.

10.  Watson Chapel -  we will see if they can compete in Central.

With Wynne's performance in the scrimmage I think the East may be the weakest conference this year.  That is surprising, and I may well be wrong, but it's high school football and things change.

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: Almatrackster on July 11, 2018, 11:25:13 am
Most of you know the drill, if you don't, here's a rundown:

You can vote, yes you. I used to have a # of post minimum, but found that some good posters with small number of posts will vote. I reserve the right to throw out any troll attempts a poll. If you make duplicate accounts to make two good polls to help your team get a higher ranking on forum fan poll, you've already lost.

This poll will be open until the weekend before the first Friday of the year (which is earlier this year, which is why I'm opening it earlier this year). That means WEEK 0, not week 1.

After polls are closed and all have been submitted, I will count the points (10 points for 1st, 9 for 2nd..etc) for each admissible poll and release the rankings.

I don't do ties. What I mean is that I have less time to do this each and every year, so I like to streamline the process as much as possible, so that means if you put:

8. Alma
8. Morrilton

I'm going to give Alma the 8th slot for you and Morrilton the 9th slot. I've found that when fans do this, the teams they list first are the ones they think are better anyways.

Let me know if you have questions. Here is my official vote and maybe a good format for you to use:

1. Pulaski Academy - Champs until proven otherwise, as many will say. Might this actually be the year.

5. Harrison - They lost a few studs, but have had some great junior high classes.

6. Texarkana (Arkansas High if you will) - I believe they will hit their stride fast in 5A.

7. McClellan - I don't know what they have returning, but they've been so consistent.

8. Alma - I think they use their offensive line and tradition to stay top ten all year.

9. Maumelle - Other than ending on a good note last year, I don't have much other than I was told they were young last year and had opportunities to beat some good teams.

10. Camden Fairview - Having one of the top, if not the top, players in 5A has to mean something. They also seem to be hitting their stride again.

I honestly agree with your top 10 for 5A I don't know about that particular order cause a lot of these teams listed have a lot of power and can easily be underrated but this is definitely my top 10 as well👍🏽

GuvHog

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Morrilton
3. Texarkana
4. Little Rock Christian
5. Little Rock McClellan
6. Batesville
7. Wynne
8. Alma
9. Watson Chapel
10. Little Rock Parkview

Overdahill

Quote from: GuvHog on July 14, 2018, 12:58:35 pm
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Morrilton
3. Texarkana
4. Little Rock Christian
5. Little Rock McClellan
6. Batesville
7. Wynne
8. Alma
9. Watson Chapel
10. Little Rock Parkview

I agree with the Guv except gonna switch #1, and #2 cause I think Morrilton is the favorite this year

1. Motown
2. PA
3. Texarkana
4. LRCA
5. LR McClellan
6. Batesville
7. Wynne
8. Alma
9. WC
10. LR Parkview

JessieP

Here are my early picks. Keep in mind my opinion and $3.59 will get you a Big Mac.

1) PA - Easily the shakiest team they have fielded in 5 years. Are they in a down cycle or has the chase pack closed the gap ?
2) Texarkana - A drop down is a drop down. They were consistently near the top in the 6A so against lesser talent they should be a force.
3) Morrilton - Possibly the player of the year on the team. The down side is, are they one torn acl from being a 500 team ?
4) Batesville - If history holds true they could start 0-3 and end up playing after Thanksgiving.
5) LRM - They seem to have a coach who can harness all that speed and size.
6) Alma - They are overdue for a trip to WMS
7) LRCA - They lost quite a bit but are still solid. 
8) Watson Chapel - Because everyone says.
9) Harrison - The law of averages says they won't fold in the playoffs this year.
10) Wynne - Good coach and great tradition but good Lord, graduation decimated them. A Wynne parent told me they lost 90% of their offensive output, that's brutal.

MT Legend

Quote from: JessieP on July 16, 2018, 10:00:59 pm
Here are my early picks. Keep in mind my opinion and $3.59 will get you a Big Mac.

1) PA - Easily the shakiest team they have fielded in 5 years. Are they in a down cycle or has the chase pack closed the gap ?
2) Texarkana - A drop down is a drop down. They were consistently near the top in the 6A so against lesser talent they should be a force.
3) Morrilton - Possibly the player of the year on the team. The down side is, are they one torn acl from being a 500 team ?
4) Batesville - If history holds true they could start 0-3 and end up playing after Thanksgiving.
9) Harrison - The law of averages says they won't fold in the playoffs this year.
10) Wynne - Good coach and great tradition but good Lord, graduation decimated them. A Wynne parent told me they lost 90% of their offensive output, that's brutal.
Wynne will be in the hunt. They will just reload and roll on.

the voice

July 17, 2018, 09:33:46 am #8 Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:35:34 am by the voice

There's more to the devil dogs than Jacoby , he would tell you that. Many teams will be  Criswelled (trademark ) this season.  Lol. With several Criswell's on the field at once expectations are high.  But the senior class won many ball games growing up and have a host of leaders and playermakers of their own. But to your point Jessie,  most teams would hurt by the loss of their best player.

AT

Thanks, guys. Keep them coming.

#1 Hog fan, just to make sure you know, if you want to put a poll in, make sure you vote with a format like mine or others, it can be the same as mine if you want it to. Makes it easier on me to tally votes later if you use that format.

#1 Hog fan

RazorDad

July 20, 2018, 02:32:27 pm #11 Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:02:37 am by RazorDad
1.  LR Christian
2.  Morrilton
3.  LR McClellan
4.  LR Parkview
5.  Pulaski Academy
6.  Batesville
7.  Texarkana
8.  Nettleton
9.  Greenbrier
10. Wynne

redsport27

July 21, 2018, 03:43:04 pm #12 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:36:47 pm by redsport27
PA - someone has to beat them first.

Morrilton - could very well end PA's reign.

Texarkana - coming down to 5a with talent.

LRCA - they will want to make amends with their early playoff exit.

McClellan - expect them to battle every game.

Batesville - I think they have a good shot at winning the east.

Alma - always fields a strong team.

Wynne - they don't have much coming back...but it's Wynne.

Camden Fairview - have exciting players on display.

Parkview - they surprised us last season. Bolding is a good coach.

Lumberjackfan1978

1 PA
2 Morrilton
3 Texarkana
4 LRCA
5 Harrison
6 Batesville
7 Alma
8 LR McClellan
9 Parkview
10 Wynne

AT

Just a reminder that anyone can vote and the deadline will come up sooner than you think this year.

InYoGrill

Quote from: the voice on July 17, 2018, 09:33:46 am

Voice, U related to this Criswell kid?  :o 

All U do is talk like he DABOMB in 5A. U his Unc?

Me and U gotta meet someday? Come down to the Eagle Nest this season and I let U get a press box view with some jala nachos on dahouse.

Grill

the voice

Ha ha no I'm not related but coached them boys years ago , he's a special player.
Y'all coming to Motown this year. Meet me in the north end zone

Pantherdaddy

Wynne I believe got a move in passing qb from gct maybe.  not sure what that means but I know he's a pretty good pitcher. 

athletic supporter

July 31, 2018, 08:00:48 am #18 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:02:24 am by athletic supporter
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Texarkana
3. Morrilton
4. Batesville
5. Wynne
6. LR McClellan
7. LR Christian
8. Alma
9. Camden Fairview
10. LR Parkview

Rick Swines

1. pa
2. Morriston
3. Texarkana
4. Lrca
5. Batesville
6. Harrison
7. Watson chapel
8. McClellan
9. Alma
10. Wynne

AHS06

1.  PA
2.  Arkansas High (Texarkana)
3.  Morrilton
4.  LR-McClellan
5.  Batesville
6.  LRCA
7.  Alma
8.  Camden-Fairview
9.  Batesville
10.  Watson Chapel

InYoGrill

1. PA
2. MoTown
3. LRM
4. Texana
5. Wynne
6. Batesville
7. Harrison
8. Alma
9. LRPV
10. LRCH

bigchief72455

Just a quick question that you 5A guys probably know better than me. Is Nettleton not getting ranked because of talent loss due to graduation.

AT

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 15, 2018, 08:59:23 pm
Just a quick question that you 5A guys probably know better than me. Is Nettleton not getting ranked because of talent loss due to graduation.

This was my reason, and it was only by word of mouth. Even Nettleton people saying it will be a downturn.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Almatrackster on August 16, 2018, 04:35:58 pm
This was my reason, and it was only by word of mouth. Even Nettleton people saying it will be a downturn.
They are our week 1 game. Last season they were ridiculously good.

STBruin

man...that was foreshadowing....

PA Dad

Bump.  I just wanted everyone to see that I'vchanged my poll based on recent developments if anyone cares.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas