• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Favorites

Started by BigGuy22, February 14, 2018, 02:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGuy22

Who are the 10 favorites right now for a State Championship run. Obviously have Baptist Prep, HWH, Jonesboro Westside. Watch out for some of these underrated teams coming out of the 1-4A. Pea Ridge is a dangerous team when they play well with Kobe Rose and Nick Coble hitting shots outside and Hayden Holtgrewe and Mikey Mahoney working the inside High Low game.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 14, 2018, 02:10:02 pm
Who are the 10 favorites right now for a State Championship run. Obviously have Baptist Prep, HWH, Jonesboro Westside. Watch out for some of these underrated teams coming out of the 1-4A. Pea Ridge is a dangerous team when they play well with Kobe Rose and Nick Coble hitting shots outside and Hayden Holtgrewe and Mikey Mahoney working the inside High Low game.
Sounds like Pea Ridge was almost knocked out the first round of their district. Pottsville should be a top contender for state.

pridgehog

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 14, 2018, 02:12:45 pm
Sounds like Pea Ridge was almost knocked out the first round of their district. Pottsville should be a top contender for state.
Gentry always plays Pea Ridge tough. Pea Ridge will be a handful for anyone.

Gray lizard

I am wanting to see a Ozark vs Pottsville match up for both the boys and girls. Way to many games left to play to state a favorite right now.
Heck I like Pottsville on both boys and girls, but will have a better idea after district and region play.  I don't get to see any other teams from around the state.  That makes it hard to understand how good your team is.  I do think both boys and girls are playing well enough to make it to state.  We all know that one off night can change everything.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 14, 2018, 02:32:42 pm
I am wanting to see a Ozark vs Pottsville match up for both the boys and girls. Way to many games left to play to state a favorite right now.
Heck I like Pottsville on both boys and girls, but will have a better idea after district and region play.  I don't get to see any other teams from around the state.  That makes it hard to understand how good your team is.  I do think both boys and girls are playing well enough to make it to state.  We all know that one off night can change everything.
So you are already putting Ozark over Subi?

Livewire

I'll up this to top 12. 4 from each region.

South:Ashdown, Bauxite, Dumas(?), Robinson
North: Gravette, P Ridge, Pottsville, Ozark
East: Westside, Bap Prep, Stuttgart, HWH

East region is a very tough call with at least 4 other teams that could easily be on this list.

J12

Have to put Batesville SS in there. No matter how many folks want to bash them.  They beat Westside this year.

Gray lizard

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 14, 2018, 03:00:06 pm
So you are already putting Ozark over Subi?

No I said wanting not waiting. You think Subiaco will beat Ozark?  I only saw a 1/4 of Ozark play and they seem to have a good team. I have not set eyes on Subiaco so I can not say.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 14, 2018, 04:07:37 pm
No I said wanting not waiting. You think Subiaco will beat Ozark?  I only saw a 1/4 of Ozark play and they seem to have a good team. I have not set eyes on Subiaco so I can not say.
Ozark beat Subi at Subi. It was Subi's first game back from Christmas break which was 3 weeks without a game nor practice. Subi beat Ozark at Ozark.

Bbal789

Even though Southside is the team everyone hates on they are definitely a state title contender. Brookland, Pottsville, and ESTEM are definitely contenders also. I think Jonesboro Westside is playing the best ball out of anybody right now

Livewire

Quote from: Livewire on February 14, 2018, 03:14:18 pm

East region is a very tough call with at least 4 other teams that could easily be on this list.

Lol! Riverview just beat Helena. Guess I need to rethink my choices.😏

J12

2 loss team goes down. Crazy.

BigGuy22

Wait, Helena West Helena was eliminated??

Bbal789

Quote from: Livewire on February 14, 2018, 07:01:33 pm
Lol! Riverview just beat Helena. Guess I need to rethink my choices.😏

Tournament time anything could happen. I would have picked Helena myself. I definitely agree with the rest of the teams you have there

87DAWG

[/quoteEstem got Stuttgart last night and Riverview knocked off HWH....that is an unbelievable district to get out off....

Livewire

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 15, 2018, 08:53:17 am

[/quoteEstem got Stuttgart last night and Riverview knocked off HWH....that is an unbelievable district to get out off....
[/quote

I should have know better than to make predictions for East Region.😩

BigGuy22

Can't believe that HWH got knocked out. That is a really tough conference. The top 6 seeds in that conference could've been 1 seeds in any other conference except for the 1-4A. Pea Ridge only had one conference lost and lost two games before some key football players got there.

J12

Quote from: ajhop on February 16, 2018, 02:45:06 am
I haven't bought in to the teams such as Stuggart, Cental(HWH), Westside, Southside. Just cuz they dont really play anyone. But after seeing score of Esteem vs. Southside game, Southside may be for real. Esteem along with Robinson are teams I think that are really good.

You haven't watched much basketball this year I guess?

87DAWG

beach bum

The discussion starts and ends with.... Baptist Prep.

eagle1

Lots of good teams capable of winning it this year.

J12

Quote from: beach bum on February 16, 2018, 08:00:35 am
The discussion starts and ends with.... Baptist Prep.

Aww got it. Or E-Stem apparently. Because, let's face it,  no one else has played anyone worth a darn.

Bbal789

Not sure why the discussion starts and ends with Baptist other than the fact that they won it last year. They have a totally different team and no insane matchup differences with the 7 footers. Many teams are capable of beating them this year.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 10:00:41 am
Not sure why the discussion starts and ends with Baptist other than the fact that they won it last year. They have a totally different team and no insane matchup differences with the 7 footers. Many teams are capable of beating them this year.

I 2nd that statement.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 10:00:41 am
the conversation certainly starts with Baptist Prep. Several boys on this team have two state championship rings and playing for a third. Not executing on a big stage can keep a good team from their goal of winning it all. True the 7 footers are gone but this is still a very solid defensive team that has shooters at most positions. They play well as a team.  The conversation may not end with Baptist Prep if one of the several good teams plays a great game but until I see it I don't think there is a team in the field that will do it.

BigGuy22

I think the only reason Baptist is even in the conversation of winning state is cause of Mcbride and that they've won two straight. But they had a 7 footer that was EXTREMELY hard to guard anywhere on the court. All they really have now is Mcbride, that seems like their only reliable shooter on the team. I think Baptist might be lucky to make it out of the first round of state. I just don't think they have the talent to beat a Pottsville or a Jonesboro Southside

J12

Quote from: ajhop on February 16, 2018, 10:22:41 am
You watch alot? Enlighten Me!

Don't get offended. You had a bad take on good basketball in this classification.

Baptist Prep is still your odds on favorite to win it all. But you also have Batesville SS, Westside, & Pottsville.

In terms of who those teams have played, I'd encourage you to go look at max preps or a site that can you show you their schedules.  Westside has played nettleton, Southside, Osceola, N Little Rock, & a team from Tennessee.

woopig123

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 16, 2018, 10:56:40 am
I think the only reason Baptist is even in the conversation of winning state is cause of Mcbride and that they've won two straight. But they had a 7 footer that was EXTREMELY hard to guard anywhere on the court. All they really have now is Mcbride, that seems like their only reliable shooter on the team. I think Baptist might be lucky to make it out of the first round of state. I just don't think they have the talent to beat a Pottsville or a Jonesboro Southside
From what I have seen Baptist has at least 2 or 3 other reliable shooters including the Cobb kid

J12

All the top teams have multiple scorers and good players.  They wouldn't be in the discussion if they didn't. See: Waldron.

BigGuy22

Quote from: J12 on February 16, 2018, 12:10:41 pm
All the top teams have multiple scorers and good players.  They wouldn't be in the discussion if they didn't. See: Waldron.
+1

LRRandy

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 16, 2018, 10:56:40 am
clearly you haven't sent them play. There are several capable shooters. Isaac deserves the credit he gets as he is nearly unstoppable. The team is not a one man show as the picture that you paint. Go ahead and leave our guys open and see. Of course they could lose in the first round of state. But I wouldn't bet on it.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 16, 2018, 12:10:41 pm
that's what makes this time of year fun.

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 10:28:41 am
the conversation certainly starts with Baptist Prep. Several boys on this team have two state championship rings and playing for a third. Not executing on a big stage can keep a good team from their goal of winning it all. True the 7 footers are gone but this is still a very solid defensive team that has shooters at most positions. They play well as a team.  The conversation may not end with Baptist Prep if one of the several good teams plays a great game but until I see it I don't think there is a team in the field that will do it.

Obviously your really confident and biased so you would say that. Nothing wrong with that either I'm just saying don't be surprised or shocked if some team beats Baptist and they don't win state again. Baptist is a great team and so are a lot of other teams this year. Baptist isn't mercy ruling every team like they have the past two years. Its a long road to the state title. Mcbride is a great player but definitely not unstoppable. Brookland held him to 4 points. A lot of teams can match with Baptist this year. This is by far the most unpredictable tournament in a while and I think everyone can agree on that. Anybody can get beat on any given night.

beach bum

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 02:50:15 pm
Obviously your really confident and biased so you would say that. Nothing wrong with that either I'm just saying don't be surprised or shocked if some team beats Baptist and they don't win state again. Baptist is a great team and so are a lot of other teams this year. Baptist isn't mercy ruling every team like they have the past two years. Its a long road to the state title. Mcbride is a great player but definitely not unstoppable. Brookland held him to 4 points. A lot of teams can match with Baptist this year. This is by far the most unpredictable tournament in a while and I think everyone can agree on that. Anybody can get beat on any given night.

I am not biased.... But Baptist Prep about to put the clamp down defensively and hoist another state title.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 02:50:15 pm

I find it really humorous that this is the 3rd time you have posted about McBride being held to 4 points against Brookland without also recognizing that BP won that game by 14 points! 

It is also humorous that this fact alone destroys BigGuy22's argument that BP doesn't have much without Issac.

LRRandy

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on February 16, 2018, 04:55:33 pm
I find it really humorous that this is the 3rd time you have posted about McBride being held to 4 points against Brookland without also recognizing that BP won that game by 14 points! 

It is also humorous that this fact alone destroys BigGuy22's argument that BP doesn't have much without Issac.
haters gonna hate

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 05:04:47 pm
haters gonna hate

Think we understand who you want to win. Point taken. But only beating Brookland by 14 isn't much to hang your hat on. There's a team or two over here that's mercy ruled them twice.

Bbal789

Alright everybody lets talk up Baptist Prep. Baptist Prep is so much better than any team we have seen this year. Nobody can stop Mcbride. Their defense is unmatched and nobody can ever score on them. Baptist Prep Baptist Prep Baptist Prep can't be beat. Nobody has seen players like they have.

Y'all act like Baptist is so unbeatable but I am telling you they are not. More than half the games they played they have to catch up from a deficit Hate it or not some team will start holding the ball the rest of the game and play just enough defense to beat them and the greatest season every will be forgotten.

BigLion10

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 05:35:46 pm
Alright everybody lets talk up Baptist Prep. Baptist Prep is so much better than any team we have seen this year. Nobody can stop Mcbride. Their defense is unmatched and nobody can ever score on them. Baptist Prep Baptist Prep Baptist Prep can't be beat. Nobody has seen players like they have.

Y'all act like Baptist is so unbeatable but I am telling you they are not. More than half the games they played they have to catch up from a deficit Hate it or not some team will start holding the ball the rest of the game and play just enough defense to beat them and the greatest season every will be forgotten.
You mad bro?

Bbal789

Jonesboro Westside has done much better against teams that Baptist has played this year. Jonesboro Westside lost to NLR by 7 points, Baptist lost to them by 26(Mcbride completely ball hogged it). Jonesboro Westside has beaten Brookland by 34 points and 26 points this year. Now every game is different I understand that. Still a lot of basketball to be played. Just because Jonesboro Westside has done better against these teams then Baptist doesn't really mean anything if they haven't played each other but I just wanted to point this out since everyone seems to think Baptist is unbeatable.

Bbal789

February 16, 2018, 05:43:51 pm #40 Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:45:56 pm by Bbal789
Quote from: BigLion10 on February 16, 2018, 05:39:36 pm
You mad bro?

I just wanted to throw that out there. Im not dumb my argument got completely shut down and I'm pretty biased you can say. But LRrandy has that really sarcastic way of thinking and talking down to others that he is so much better than everybody for whatever reason. He can't deny that cuz I remeber when he made fun of Pea Ridge's players for shooting fire balls out of their eyes and mouths or whatever immature and sarcastic statement he made.

I apologize for railing against Baptist and for any other immature things I have said. I really don't have that sort of right to do that. They are a very good and tough team and that isn't sarcasm. It just frustrates me when people think they are unbeatable and unmatched.

J12

Prep is beatable. Just ask Nettelton & N Little Rock

Bbal789

Quote from: beach bum on February 16, 2018, 02:54:51 pm
I am not biased.... But Baptist Prep about to put the clamp down defensively and hoist another state title.

It is way to early to be saying that.

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 05:43:51 pm
I just wanted to throw that out there. Im not dumb my argument got completely shut down and I'm pretty biased you can say. But LRrandy has that really sarcastic way of thinking and talking down to others that he is so much better than everybody for whatever reason. He can't deny that cuz I remeber when he made fun of Pea Ridge's players for shooting fire balls out of their eyes and mouths or whatever immature and sarcastic statement he made.

I apologize for railing against Baptist and for any other immature things I have said. I really don't have that sort of right to do that. They are a very good and tough team and that isn't sarcasm. It just frustrates me when people think they are unbeatable and unmatched.
tilt.   I win.

J12

Bbal789

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 06:05:05 pm
tilt.   I win.

I know you aren't representative of all of Baptist but to be honest I don't think they would be to happy to know the impression you are giving of them.

LRRandy

LRRandy

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 16, 2018, 07:08:50 pm
I know you aren't representative of all of Baptist but to be honest I don't think they would be to happy to know the impression you are giving of them.
oh, I don't know, probably yeah. All Baptists. Worldwide. I am the representative.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 16, 2018, 07:18:25 pm
oh, I don't know, probably yeah. All Baptists. Worldwide. I am the representative.

Fits the description.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas