• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MVE @ Quitman

Started by FromTheBench, February 02, 2018, 07:35:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FromTheBench

Big matchup tonight. It is Quitman's homecoming, and there are 2 good senior high games in store. Girls have played each other within a few points every time with Quitman winning both. Boys game ended in an OT thriller @ MVE. Quitman missed a 6 footer for the win off of an inbound play at the end of regulation and MVE ended up winning by 1 in OT. Thoughts on the game?

thechampchamp

FromTheBench

Backboard Shattered

FromTheBench

I'm 100% taking Quitman girls on their home floor on homecoming. Boys game is going to be good

BW2015

I'm taking Quitman girls and MVE boys in a close one.

Flobbito

Quitman girls by 5-10, MVE boys by 1-5, these games have been entertaining this year.

BasketballNeverStops

End of 1st Quarter
Sr. Boys
Quitman-10
MVE-5

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

Final
MVE-57 (24-6)
Quitman-42 (19-11)

MVE came out of intermission firing on all cylinders, especially Adcock, who scored all of his 19 in the second half. Moix kid knocked down four triples. Quitman's eight game winning streak is snapped.

J.D.

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 02, 2018, 08:14:16 pm
Final
MVE-57 (24-6)
Quitman-42 (19-11)

MVE came out of intermission firing on all cylinders, especially Adcock, who scored all of his 19 in the second half. Moix kid knocked down four triples. Quitman's eight game winning streak is snapped.

Solid W for MVE Sr.Boys on Quitman's Homecoming.

I think that makes 11 straight for them.

BasketballNeverStops

End of 1st Quarter
MVE-17
Quitman-16

BannerChaser95

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 02, 2018, 08:39:34 pm
Sr boys played first..?
Yep. They had homecoming festivities after Jr. Boys game and gave the girls that play time to get changed out.

BasketballNeverStops

Halftime
MVE-26
Quitman-19

Quitman didn't score until about 45 seconds left in half. Raby for MVE has 13 mostly on floaters in the lane.

BasketballNeverStops

February 02, 2018, 09:10:36 pm #15 Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:13:56 pm by BasketballNeverStops
End of 3rd Quarter
Quitman-38
MVE-34

Quitman storms back with 19-8 quarter. Fasten your seatbelts, this fourth quarter should be a wild ride.

BasketballNeverStops

46.3 to go
MVE-51
Quitman-49

Hardy knocks down huge go ahead 3 in left corner with about a minute remaining.

BasketballNeverStops

Tied at 51-51 with 9.8 to go. MVE ball out of time-out.

BasketballNeverStops

Three pointer off the mark, headed to OT.

BasketballNeverStops

FINAL
Quitman-60
MVE-57

3 point play from Nicki Hooten wins it. Turned out to be a great game.

SackAttack

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 02, 2018, 08:14:16 pm
Final
MVE-57 (24-6)
Quitman-42 (19-11)

Ive seen Quitman play several times! How in the heck has that team lost 11 games! Head scratcher

J.D.

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 02, 2018, 09:52:23 pm
FINAL
Quitman-60
MVE-57

3 point play from Nicki Hooten wins it. Turned out to be a great game.

Hard to beat a good team three times, but Quitman figured out a way to do just that.   Well played!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: SackAttack on February 02, 2018, 10:12:07 pm
Ive seen Quitman play several times! How in the heck has that team lost 11 games! Head scratcher

You are right. Very good looking squad. I think that young Coach, Blassinburg, will get it figured out though. I would not be surprised if that's a final 4 team come tournament time.

thebigman3

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on February 02, 2018, 10:33:13 pm
You are right. Very good looking squad. I think that young Coach, Blassinburg, will get it figured out though. I would not be surprised if that's a final 4 team come tournament time.
I would be lol. They won't be able to compete with the bearden Earle and Marked Tree. WCC Too. Now if somehow they don't draw those teams until final 4 then koudos to them. I do, however, think they have a chance against WCC if they play good basketball.

Ctucker

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 03, 2018, 09:25:22 am
I would be lol. They won't be able to compete with the bearden Earle and Marked Tree. WCC Too. Now if somehow they don't draw those teams until final 4 then koudos to them. I do, however, think they have a chance against WCC if they play good basketball.
Quitman has a good bunch but don't see them beating WCC

FromTheBench

Quitman girls are playing well right now, just in time for District. Friday night was a huge win for them! The boys I think are very good, but still experiencing some growing pains under just a second year coach. Give them time. MVE boys look very good right now, and are playing well together.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas