• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a Region and State Tournament Hosts(Brackets)

Started by HorseFeathers, January 11, 2018, 03:29:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

CTEPirateFan

shady11954

NWA Hawg

drybones

Maybe they will host it at university of Ark at Monticello.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: drybones on January 11, 2018, 08:24:11 pm

Bid would have mentioned that....

In 1a we had Wonderview win the bid and they are hosting at Morrilton High

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: drybones on January 11, 2018, 08:24:11 pm
UAM's gym is smaller than DC. Monticello voters turned down the proposed convention center a couple years ago.

RedWolf275

Just from looking at the pictures of the gym I have seen, it would be a stretch to get 1500 in there.

biglion1985

Manila could get more than that in there's I know that for a fact

RedWolf275

Yes. Manila gym is much bigger. I guess we can't accuse AAA of money grubbing on this pick. They would've made much more $$$ at Manila!

biglion1985

Well I kinda expected this cause everything was within a couple hours drive of us last year so can't complain one bit lol

biglion1985

Just seen some videos of drew central gym they definitely have something or someone working in they favor to get the state tournament IMO

BoxNOne

I agree, not much of a gym for a 3A state tournament.

Head Lion

It was a done deal, watch and see if the favor is not returned next year with it going to Osceola. At least they will have a new arena capable of hosting.

baller334

How big of an arena are the building HL?

501Arkansas

Quote from: baller334 on January 22, 2018, 05:17:22 pm
How big of an arena are the building HL?
I know it will have 1800 seats in it. I don't know how big it actually will be

baller334

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 22, 2018, 05:31:47 pm
I know it will have 1800 seats in it. I don't know how big it actually will be

1800 8 inch wooden bleachers....AAA's fvorite for hosting state

teachers pet

I think it should be a requirement to have at least half stadium seating.

bbfan89

Would be nice if the people filling out the brackets for regionals would realize that Riverside and Rivercrest are not the same school. How about correcting the mistake and giving the ladies from Riverside a little respect.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 22, 2018, 09:49:59 am
I agree, not much of a gym for a 3A state tournament.
Only thing worse than the gym is the amount of parking. As long as Drew Central is still playing it will be ugly.

CTEPirateFan

DC has added cushions to the home side bleachers for next week and added televisions to the lobby. Gearing up for a great tournament with an incredible atmosphere for all who come.

eamo8911

Just saw this tweet for anyone attending.

PARKING FOR 3A STATE
The Army National Guard is in charge of the parking.  They will direct you to the appropriate parking lot.  Each lot has a shuttle pick up location.  They are pop up tents with signs and blinking lights.  There will be several shuttles enroute for every game!

teachers pet

February 28, 2018, 12:24:24 pm #25 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:09:09 pm by teachers pet
Well, I'm here and I don't know how this gym meets seating requirements, the visitor side seating is only 9 rows deep.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: teachers pet on February 28, 2018, 12:24:24 pm
Well, I'm here and I don't know how this gym meats seating requirements, the visitor side seating is only 9 rows deep.
How close did you park and how crowded is it? I'll be going Friday for Mcgehee's game.

teachers pet

I parked in the parking lot by the gym but it's not very big. Very crowded, no where to stand and watch, don't see how people don't get turned away, small gym!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: teachers pet on February 28, 2018, 01:11:33 pm
I parked in the parking lot by the gym but it's not very big. Very crowded, no where to stand and watch, don't see how people don't get turned away, small gym!
Gym is packed when it's just Drew Central playing Mcgehee.

teachers pet

Just saying it doesn't take much to pack this place, no walk around for excess to stand and watch!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas