• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1a Region & State Tournament Hosts(Brackets)

Started by BannerChaser95, January 11, 2018, 03:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Catfish

BannerChaser95

Not yet, AAA is jumping around. Took them 26 minutes to decide on 4A volleyball host in the middle of basketball. They're done with 6a-3a basketball

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on January 11, 2018, 04:14:13 pm
Anything else?

They were rolling thru basketball and decided to jump back to baseball ::)

BannerChaser95

1A state basketball will be held in

Morrilton via Wonderview

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BannerChaser95

BW2015

thebigman3

Backboard Shattered

Neckred

Wow Dierks gym is awful place to watch a game.  I would say worst in the state

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Neckred on January 12, 2018, 08:30:06 am
Wow Dierks gym is awful place to watch a game.  I would say worst in the state

It must be really bad if it's the worst in the state....

Neckred

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 12, 2018, 08:34:49 am
It must be really bad if it's the worst in the state....
Ive seen worse gyms but terrible seating to watch a game

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Neckred on January 12, 2018, 09:50:06 am
Ive seen worse gyms but terrible seating to watch a game
Umpire has the worst gym in the area. Dierks isn't a viewer friendly gym. The walls around the bottom are 4-5 feet tall. Nose bleeds start in about the 2nd row and then they go STRAIGHT up. I'll be interested to see if a decent dierks boys team gets an advantage to playing their.

Neckred

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 12, 2018, 10:08:07 am
Umpire has the worst gym in the area. Dierks isn't a viewer friendly gym. The walls around the bottom are 4-5 feet tall. Nose bleeds start in about the 2nd row and then they go STRAIGHT up. I'll be interested to see if a decent dierks boys team gets an advantage to playing their.
I would much rather watch a game at Umpire.  At least you can get down on court level

thebigman3

They can't be much worse than gyms like Bigelow and WV. Sacred Heart.

Neckred

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 12, 2018, 10:13:41 am
Lot of Dierks seating you can't see the ball and player on some parts of the court. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 12, 2018, 10:13:41 am

I kinda like Wonderview....never been to Bigelow....and sacred heart is TINY

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: Neckred on January 12, 2018, 10:12:30 am
I would much rather watch a game at Umpire.  At least you can get down on court level

I love the Umpire gym. Of course it could never host a tournament or whatever but it's a fun place to visit. Takes you back to another time and place.
Dierks is not the most aesthetically pleasing gym, I agree, but doesn't it have a decent number of seats? That's always my thing... I don't want to have to be concerned about not having a place to sit.

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 12, 2018, 12:17:18 pm
I kinda like Wonderview....never been to Bigelow....and sacred heart is TINY
I like the history WV brings to the table.. but seating bad, lighting bad, and court is bad lol. and Sacred Heart better not ever host anything cause 50 people is the max.

Neckred

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on January 12, 2018, 12:25:32 pm
I love the Umpire gym. Of course it could never host a tournament or whatever but it's a fun place to visit. Takes you back to another time and place.
Dierks is not the most aesthetically pleasing gym, I agree, but doesn't it have a decent number of seats? That's always my thing... I don't want to have to be concerned about not having a place to sit.
I bet it seats around 800.

DB

State tourney will be in the brand new gym at Morrilton High School.  Seating won't be limited.  And will be comfortable.  The place is a palace.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: DB on January 12, 2018, 01:56:28 pm
State tourney will be in the brand new gym at Morrilton High School.  Seating won't be limited.  And will be comfortable.  The place is a palace.
is it bigger than Clinton?

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 12, 2018, 03:17:01 pm
is it bigger than Clinton?
Yes much much bigger but still not sold on wonderview hosting it. Hope the Morrilton people are ready to pick up the slack

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on January 12, 2018, 03:33:08 pm
Yes much much bigger but still not sold on wonderview hosting it. Hope the Morrilton people are ready to pick up the slack

Can see it now....Concession stand will have to close during WV games so they can go yell at the refs and other teams fans

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 12, 2018, 10:21:28 pm
Can see it now....Concession stand will have to close during WV games so they can go yell at the refs and other teams fans
Probably so as entitled as they think they are. Guarantee you you wont see any admin or staff out there or with a mop or broom

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on January 12, 2018, 10:46:31 pm
Probably so as entitled as they think they are. Guarantee you you wont see any admin or staff out there or with a mop or broom
think this will push Wonderview over the top and be big time favorites?

yesteryearman

Apparently you have forgotten about how Kirby fans travel........in looking at this gym I see where Kirby fans will sit.........where will everyone else sit........

Eagle_Mom_2

The bright side of neither of our teams being relevant at all to the state tournament conversation is that I'll be the only West Side parent there most likely...won't have to deal with those ole cocky folks I usually have to sit around.
That and I can just go and enjoy the games without the stress of watching our teams get beaten by anyone whose blood flows and can walk and dribble.

gamechanger11

You are right eagle. You guys have been a huge disappointment. But look on the bright side you can't even debate with others on here. Since there is no debate that neither of your teams are very good. Almost as disappointing as my lady mustangs.

SackAttack

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 15, 2018, 05:14:10 pm
Apparently you have forgotten about how Kirby fans travel........in looking at this gym I see where Kirby fans will sit.........where will everyone else sit........
You could not be more wrong. Ive attended a game there since it opened. Very nice and certainly large enough. Concession stand needs work but they wont have to turn anybody out!!

RedWolf275

Looks like a top notch facility for sure.

HorseFeathers

Seating capacity is 2250 per the school

NWA Hawg

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 16, 2018, 07:53:11 am
Seating capacity is 2250 per the school

Alright!! A lot of empty seats but at least everyone will be comfortable.  ::)

thebigman3

Quote from: fann07 on January 16, 2018, 09:03:28 am
Alright!! A lot of empty seats but at least everyone will be comfortable.  ::)
You think with it being central there will be empty seats?

HorseFeathers

Could have it at Wonderview and there would be empty seats for the first round games involving teams that aren't "known"

RaRaRi

I have to say I'm sad to hear these comments about Wonderview or any school for that matter. I have sat in countless numbers of gyms over about 35 years now, and I'm sure many of you would have to honestly agree that the "few" people you are all referring to at Wonderview as slackers, fans who yell at the refs and other teams fans, and let's not leave out those entitled certainly don't represent the whole community of fans, parents, grandparents, and students. As far as I can tell, every school seems to have a few bad apples and I'm sure you can name those few at your favorite school. Wonderview has been blessed with some good basketball talented kids over the last few years, and I think that causes a few to get their feathers ruffled. I think the mud slinging should stop and let Wonderview have a chance to prove they can pull off a state tournament. I'm pretty excited to see Morrilton's new facility and that the tourney has found its way to CENTRAL Arkansas.

thebigman3

Quote from: RaRaRi on January 16, 2018, 07:51:39 pm
I have to say I'm sad to hear these comments about Wonderview or any school for that matter. I have sat in countless numbers of gyms over about 35 years now, and I'm sure many of you would have to honestly agree that the "few" people you are all referring to at Wonderview as slackers, fans who yell at the refs and other teams fans, and let's not leave out those entitled certainly don't represent the whole community of fans, parents, grandparents, and students. As far as I can tell, every school seems to have a few bad apples and I'm sure you can name those few at your favorite school. Wonderview has been blessed with some good basketball talented kids over the last few years, and I think that causes a few to get their feathers ruffled. I think the mud slinging should stop and let Wonderview have a chance to prove they can pull off a state tournament. I'm pretty excited to see Morrilton's new facility and that the tourney has found its way to CENTRAL Arkansas.
Mmm... are you the boys coach? Girls coach? Maybe a principal or teacher? Could be a player.

Neckred

Who is the crazy guy at Wonderview girls games?  Wears a ball cap and probably in his late 30's

Moonshiner

Will they be using the Wonderview clock keeper?  If so, advantage Wonderview.

thebigman3

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 17, 2018, 10:48:36 am
I laughed out loud for real on this.

HorseFeathers

Might borrow the one from Pottsville to trade out with them....watch a game there the other night, and they would go 10-15 seconds without starting the clock...

Neckred

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 17, 2018, 01:51:32 pm
Might borrow the one from Pottsville to trade out with them....watch a game there the other night, and they would go 10-15 seconds without starting the clock...
THat would probably help the opposing team.  Figuring they were down to either Pottsville team.

arstatechamp13

This may be the best thread on here. Dying

SackAttack

This is just one shining example of why they need to use as many of Morriltons people as they can. Ask any one in the area! And once and for all you dont have to take my word for it for I fear it will all bear out and fall on Morriltons broad shoulders to run successfully! In my 20-30 games attended there over the years seems there was always an issue of some sort-clock-book-concession stand-no tp in bathrooms ,fans getting tossed,blind and oblivious to everyone that seemed to be in authority. Really bad the last four-five years! But again maybe Morrilton will pull it off!! Hope they do its an easy drive from the lake!

thebigman3

Also if they use WV refs, advantage WV.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas