• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WAY TO EARLY TOP 5 for 2018-2019 Season!!!

Started by OLionSwag74, January 06, 2018, 01:24:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherdew

Quote from: IdaLions on August 09, 2018, 01:46:32 pm
Last year Mount Ida only had 2 sophomores on the roster, and only 2 freshman moved up after the season was over. This whole team is senior led all around.
That is true, but if some of those underclassmen who only played basketball would come out the numbers wouldn't be so low.
Truth is this team, barring an injury or two, will be hard to beat. These seniors are winners and will lay it all on the line every game. I just wish there were more underclassmen willing to play football.

IdaLions

Quote from: brotherdew on August 11, 2018, 11:14:34 pm
That is true, but if some of those underclassmen who only played basketball would come out the numbers wouldn't be so low.
Truth is this team, barring an injury or two, will be hard to beat. These seniors are winners and will lay it all on the line every game. I just wish there were more underclassmen willing to play football.

I agree 100%, but those underclassmen aren't like the senior and juniors from last years team, they all used to play, just quit because they couldn't endure the physicality and the disciplinary hardships of Mount Ida football. They would help for practice purposes though.

BlueNGold52

Quote from: IdaLions on August 11, 2018, 11:44:55 pm
I agree 100%, but those underclassmen aren't like the senior and juniors from last years team, they all used to play, just quit because they couldn't endure the physicality and the disciplinary hardships of Mount Ida football. They would help for practice purposes though.

So basically like I said earlier in this post it takes a mind set to play in Mount Ida's program and the current Jr's and Sophmores for the most part just don't have it. They have proven very difficult to coach in most sports. They don't like to take responsibility for their mistakes on the field or floor and just don't take to being coached for some reason. They have some athletic ability but it takes more than ability/talent.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas