• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-2 Girls and Boys

Started by iRebound, December 07, 2017, 11:15:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

iRebound

Has anyone been keeping up with the 4A-2? I only ask because I have seen a very strong boy's team from Stuttgart play very well as of late. They have many options to beat teams. Riverview boys are very well coached and have one of the best players in 4a, if not the state. Baptist Prep has the best player in 4A, and despite losing the 7'0er, they're still a favorite to win it. Estem boys are fun to watch as they have a few animals. They'll be tough as long as they keep playing together. 

As for girls, I saw Riverview play the other night. They can really shoot the basketball and stretch a defense. Penetration is good by a lefty guard and I believe they'll win alot of games this year. Estem's pressure 1-2-2 defense is tough and they have the length to give alot of teams trouble. The biggest surprise to me is a scrappy Stuttgart Lady Ricebird team. Accidentally, saw this team in the Brinkley tournament beat a good Riverview team. I did my research them and the new coach. It's his first year there, after spending some time at Star City and in Northwest Arkansas. The assistant seems to be new also. Stuttgart girls been mediocre at best in the past, but seem to be off to a 6-0 start under the new coaching staff. I don't think they can compete with the other teams in that conference, but I applaud them for a great start this season where they have almost already matched all of last years wins. CAC still looks like the team to beat as they have an undefeated start to the season. The Williams girl is fun to watch and makes everyone around her better!

Excited that basketball season is finally here!

SouthernerPride

Southside had the best team in the 4A-2 and maybe even the entire 4A. They should be a favorite to win it all this year after being upset by ESTEM in regionals last season.

iRebound

Quote from: SouthernerPride on December 08, 2017, 01:31:08 am
Southside had the best team in the 4A-2 and maybe even the entire 4A. They should be a favorite to win it all this year after being upset by ESTEM in regionals last season.

Something I didn't know. I assume you mean the boys? How are things on the girls side?

SouthernerPride

Quote from: iRebound on December 08, 2017, 12:53:35 pm
Something I didn't know. I assume you mean the boys? How are things on the girls side?
yes, the boys. The girls lost their best player to Batesville I believe. Haven't heard much about them.

AverageJo24

Southside girls are young, but they can flat out play. Not much depth but they have a freshman that is a really nice player. I️ believe they start two freshman. Looked good against Pocahontas during the Lyon Basketball tournament last night.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: AverageJo24 on December 09, 2017, 08:14:21 am
Southside girls are young, but they can flat out play. Not much depth but they have a freshman that is a really nice player. I️ believe they start two freshman. Looked good against Pocahontas during the Lyon Basketball tournament last night.

What was that final score?

AverageJo24

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: AverageJo24 on December 09, 2017, 09:38:14 am
48-37 Southside

Sounds like they have a really talented young group , Pokey is in our District , I know they lost a lot from last year. Did Southside press?

Bbal789

December 09, 2017, 12:00:53 pm #8 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:06:42 pm by Bbal789
Southside should be the favorites to win this conference and the 4a state title this year. They return basically their entire starting team and now the 6'10 post is eligible to play. Their best player is the 6'6 post Alex Brogdon. They also have three guards who play very well. Sitkowski, Patterson, and Rich. They all play AAU basketball together on a wings team so they are very experienced with playing with each other. Haven't seen Stuttgart play but have heard a lot of good things about them. Baptist is still a good team but are not the same without the players they lost last year. Obviously losing Connor Vanover to Findlay Prep hurt and veteran Dylan Hogan who was a three year starter for Baptist. They also lost the shooters off the bench Luke Vaden and Chris Cobb. Baptist is still one of the better teams though and have Issac Mcbride. ESTEM is also a team who should not be slept on. They play super hard and have a beast down low in Laityn Sheppard. He is a bully and played on that Arkansas Wings team with Gerald Doakes and Chris Moore who were one of the best teams in the nation. Jeremiah Encalade, Jaren Richards, and Jacob Profit are all senior veterans who can score and Peyton Sewell is a sniper from three point land. When Donald Ghostone is able to play they will be even better. Not sure why he is not playing right now but he would be one of the top players in 4a if he were. Riverview has the second best player in 4a in JT Smith and will make some noise this year.

Bbal789

Quote from: SouthernerPride on December 08, 2017, 01:31:08 am

I agree just because you win the title a year ago does not mean you are automatically the favorites. I think Southside is playing with a chip on their shoulder this year after losing in the first round last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas