Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, December 17th, 2017.
CLASS 5A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
CLASS 6A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
CLASS 7A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CAPSULE
FearlessFriday
Week 10 Review
Week 9 Review

Author Topic: The Electric Poll Final!  (Read 515 times)

Offline High Voltage

• 2nd String
  • Lightning Strikes and the Thunder Rolls!
The Electric Poll Final!
« on: December 02, 2017, 10:52:04 pm »
The Electric Poll Final!

1. North Little Rock - They deserve it.

2. Greenwood - After dismantling Pine Bluff they could make a case for #1.

3. Bentonville - Great team.

4. Pine Bluff - Young team will be dangerous the next two years if not more.

5. Bryant - Great season and should be good again next year.

6. Conway - Great season!

7. PA - The Parkview and McClellan games tells me all I need to know about PA playing a full schedule against 6A and 7A teams.

8. Bentonville West - Great season to build on.

9. Fayetteville - CBD will have them in the hunt next year.

10. West Memphis - Elmore is building a scary program over there.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:43:06 am by High Voltage »

Offline Almatrackster

• Fearless Friday Elite
  • Hall of Famer
Re: The Electric Poll Final!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:25:08 am »
Thanks for doing this High Voltage. I disagree with Pine Bluff being that high, though. I think GW was heads and shoulders above the rest of 6A and I think PB is top ten, but not number 5. The Cabot game at the beginning of the season shouldn't be the tell all, but it has to mean something. I'd rank Bryant and Conway ahead of PB. Perhaps even BW West.

Heck here's how I'd have it:

1. Greenwood

2. North Little Rock

3. Bentonville

4. Bryant

5. Conway

6. Bentonville West

7. Pine Bluff

8. Pulaski Academy

9. Fayetteville

10. West Memphis

Offline Razorback Red

• Starter
  • BHS Grad- class of 95
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 07:39:29 am »
Thanks High Voltage for taking another run at this.  You always have a very fair assessment, and consider more factors than record.  I also disagree slightly on PB, here is my take:

1.  NLR- Clearly #1 overall, should not be any discussion on this one
2.  GW- They are a great team and earn this spot.  I don't think they would beat Bville, but can't justify putting them lower.
3.  Bentonville- Started slow, finished strong.  Great season.
4.  Bryant- Great season, Coaching staff has done great turning them into contender
5.  PA- Another undefeated season.  I always struggle with where to put them since they don't have quality wins like other teams. 
6.  Conway- Nice run, just ran into the stamp champs in the playoffs.  Really solid season. 
7.  West- What Coach Pratt has done in 2 seasons is remarkable.  Just imagine how good I BHS team would have been this year?
8.  Fayetteville- It doesn't matter how you start, just how you finish and CBD had them playing well. 
9.  Pine Bluff- Regardless of PB's talent level, they always seem to be there come playoff time.  Another nice run. 
10. WM- I'm glad to see WM back in the mix, AR is better as a whole when they are good. 

Offline High Voltage

• 2nd String
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 08:45:11 am »
Thanks for doing this High Voltage. I disagree with Pine Bluff being that high, though. I think GW was heads and shoulders above the rest of 6A and I think PB is top ten, but not number 5. The Cabot game at the beginning of the season shouldn't be the tell all, but it has to mean something. I'd rank Bryant and Conway ahead of PB. Perhaps even BW West.

Heck here's how I'd have it:

1. Greenwood

2. North Little Rock

3. Bentonville

4. Bryant

5. Conway

6. Bentonville West

7. Pine Bluff

8. Pulaski Academy

9. Fayetteville

10. West Memphis
Yeah Trackster I struggled with that as well. I just think PB may have had an off night against GW and I give that program a lot of credit. Great list you put together.

Offline High Voltage

• 2nd String
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 08:49:10 am »
Thanks High Voltage for taking another run at this.  You always have a very fair assessment, and consider more factors than record.  I also disagree slightly on PB, here is my take:

1.  NLR- Clearly #1 overall, should not be any discussion on this one
2.  GW- They are a great team and earn this spot.  I don't think they would beat Bville, but can't justify putting them lower.
3.  Bentonville- Started slow, finished strong.  Great season.
4.  Bryant- Great season, Coaching staff has done great turning them into contender
5.  PA- Another undefeated season.  I always struggle with where to put them since they don't have quality wins like other teams. 
6.  Conway- Nice run, just ran into the stamp champs in the playoffs.  Really solid season. 
7.  West- What Coach Pratt has done in 2 seasons is remarkable.  Just imagine how good I BHS team would have been this year?
8.  Fayetteville- It doesn't matter how you start, just how you finish and CBD had them playing well. 
9.  Pine Bluff- Regardless of PB's talent level, they always seem to be there come playoff time.  Another nice run. 
10. WM- I'm glad to see WM back in the mix, AR is better as a whole when they are good. 
Thanks Red, I try and be fair and unbiased. I would have loved to see how Greenwood faired against the likes of NLR and Bentonville. I think if GW played a full 7A schedule depth may have been a factor.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas