• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 White County Tournament at Bradford

Started by BasketballNeverStops, November 26, 2017, 12:50:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Monday, November 27
#1 Quitman vs. #8 Newport, 4:30 PM (Sr. Girls)
#1 White County Central vs. #8 Bradford, 5:45 PM (Sr. Boys)
#2 Rose Bud vs. #7 Bradford, 7:00 PM (Sr. Girls)
#2 Quitman vs. #7 Augusta, 8:15 PM (Sr. Boys)

Wednesday, November 29
#4 Rivercrest vs. #5 Augusta, 4:30 PM (Sr. Girls)
#4 Rivercrest vs. #5 West Side, 5:45 PM (Sr. Boys)
#3 West Side vs. #6 White County Central, 7:00 PM (Sr. Girls)
#3 Rose Bud vs. #6 Newport, 8:15 PM (Sr. Boys)

Thursday, November 30
Winner of Quitman/Newport vs. Winner of Rivercrest/Augusta, 4:30 PM (Sr. Girls)
Winner of WCC/Bradford vs. Winner of Rivercrest/West Side, 5:45 PM (Sr. Boys)
Winner of Rose Bud/Bradford vs. Winner of West Side/WCC, 7:00 PM (Sr. Girls)
Winner of Quitman/Augusta vs. Winner of Rose Bud/Newport, 8:15 PM (Sr. Boys)

Saturday, December 2
Sr. Girls Final, 7:00 PM
Sr. Boys Final, 8:00 PM

BasketballNeverStops

My thoughts:
Girls
Taking Quitman to win the title, but wouldn't be surprised if Rose Bud could get to the finals and make somewhat of a game out of it.

Boys
Taking White County Central in the boys. Would like to see how Quitman would fare against the Bears, as I've seen a Bulldogs team that came back and nearly beat Greenbrier and then I've seen a Bulldogs team that struggled against Concord.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on November 26, 2017, 07:50:10 pm
My thoughts:
Girls
Taking Quitman to win the title, but wouldn't be surprised if Rose Bud could get to the finals and make somewhat of a game out of it.

Boys
Taking White County Central in the boys. Would like to see how Quitman would fare against the Bears, as I've seen a Bulldogs team that came back and nearly beat Greenbrier and then I've seen a Bulldogs team that struggled against Concord.

What did rose bud bring back from last year's team?

Ctucker

WCC and Quitman have played once already WCC won by 11 I think! Not exactly sure on score.

TheGovernor

Rose Bud Girls Brought back there core group except Harding signee Caples which is a huge loss... Rose Bud Boys didn't bring anything back from what I gather after winning this tournament last season. I think they graduated all five and will probably struggle, someone correct me if I'm wrong!?

thebigman3

Quote from: Ctucker on November 26, 2017, 09:01:14 pm
WCC and Quitman have played once already WCC won by 11 I think! Not exactly sure on score.
It was 47-36. Quitman at their best... I'm taking a quitman. Watched Quitman play many games this year and I agree with basketballneverstops. They played very well against Marshall and Greenbrier, but played terribly against Concord. Just depends how they're feeling that night lol.

Ctucker

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 26, 2017, 09:14:06 pm
It was 47-36. Quitman at their best... I'm taking a quitman. Watched Quitman play many games this year and I agree with basketballneverstops. They played very well against Marshall and Greenbrier, but played terribly against Concord. Just depends how they're feeling that night lol.
I will take WCC again that early game was at Quitman.

BasketballNeverStops

Halftime
Quitman Girls-38
Newport-13

Nicki Hooten is flat filling it up. Quitman is now at full strength and look pretty solid.

BasketballNeverStops

Final
Quitman-59 (8-1)
Newport-30

Nicki Hooten led with 21 points, all in first half. 

BasketballNeverStops

Half
White County Central Boys-25
Bradford-13

BasketballNeverStops

End of 1st Quarter
Rose Bud Girls-12
Bradford-5

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

Augusta out to 8-0 lead over Quitman in first minute and a half.

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

Half
Quitman-37
Augusta-31

Bulldogs closed half on 16-2 run.

BasketballNeverStops

End of 3rd Quarter
Quitman-55
Augusta-41

Heffentrager has 26.

BasketballNeverStops

Final
Quitman-75
Augusta-51

Heffentrager finished with 29.

DavidSeeds08

Quote from: TheGovernor on November 26, 2017, 09:02:13 pm
Rose Bud Girls Brought back there core group except Harding signee Caples which is a huge loss... Rose Bud Boys didn't bring anything back from what I gather after winning this tournament last season. I think they graduated all five and will probably struggle, someone correct me if I'm wrong!?
well from what I remember being told or remember hearing....didnt rose bud boys have to forfeit like first half of season because of an ineligible player or something like that?

TheGovernor

Not really sure on that, I'll do some diggin! This years tournament looks wide open in the boys from what I've watched. As for girls. Rose Bud and Quitman looked poised to meet again. We shall see who wins that matchup.

not so slim shady

By the way why are they calling it the white county tournament. Only 3 of the 8 schools are from there. Shouldn't it be the white cleburne Mississippi Jackson woodruff counties tournament.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: not so slim shady on November 28, 2017, 10:34:07 pm
By the way why are they calling it the white county tournament. Only 3 of the 8 schools are from there. Shouldn't it be the white cleburne Mississippi Jackson woodruff counties tournament.

Or it's like the Yell County Invitational was for a few years, rotates amongst the in county schools and other schools play in it?

TheGovernor

Would be nice to get more white county teams in it... what about Pangburn or Riverview? Those teams would bring good crowds. The teams that they have coming literally bring zero crowd! And why is it always hosted at just white county central or Bradford?

Ctucker

Used to be just white county teams, but used to have a lot more schools in white county but there is still enough. They could get Beebe too. Used to the girls played week before and it was called south most spectacular and they had a beauty pageant for the girls who played usually 2 girls from each team. This tourney used to be a big deal!

Backboard Shattered

TheGovernor

Back in the day it was a big deal. I remember the pageant show!! I'm getting old.

Ctucker

Yes McRae was! And I'm getting old too! Also had free throw competition, for boys and girls.

Ctucker

You also had Kensett, Judsonia and Griff but now there all part of Riverview now.

BasketballNeverStops

Rivercrest girls beat Augusta by about 20.

BasketballNeverStops

End of 1st Quarter
Rivercrest Boys-9
West Side-8

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

End of 3rd Quarter
Rivercrest-31
West Side-28

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

West Side winds clock down, misses two shots in final ten seconds, game headed to OT tied 42-42.

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

Final in OT
West Side-51
Rivercrest-49

Eagles advance to semis following game-winning basket from senior Trent Bentley.

NEA Razorback olfan

Thanks for updates, sounds like a great game!!

BasketballNeverStops

End of 1st Quarter
West Side Girls-26
White County-13

Ciara Roberson had 14 for the Lady Eagles.

BasketballNeverStops

Halftime
West Side-39
White County Central-19

BasketballNeverStops

End of 3rd Quarter
West Side-56
White County Central-25

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops

BasketballNeverStops