• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osceola @ Junction City

Started by 501Arkansas, November 24, 2017, 09:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ISU7

Quote from: DogCatcher on November 26, 2017, 05:08:52 pm
Osceola has whipped the last 2 teams standing from last year and are playing great. At this point it's who is playing better and they are probably playing better then anyone.
I don't know why people say the team from last year. Prescott didn't have Flynn or Vanhook on this years team.

bleudog

November 26, 2017, 08:31:30 pm #51 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:18:43 am by bleudog
Quote from: DogCatcher on November 26, 2017, 05:08:52 pm
Osceola has whipped the last 2 teams standing from last year and are playing great. At this point it's who is playing better and they are probably playing better then anyone.

Quote from: ISU7 on November 26, 2017, 07:29:11 pm
I don't know why people say the team from last year. Prescott didn't have Flynn or Vanhook on this years team.

Thank you 7.  Osceola folks especially should realize how different a team can be from one year to the next.

"Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow's a mystery.
Today's a gift.  That's why they call it the present."

Playing (or watching a family member play) Arkansas high school football in December is something only a few get to experience.

Good luck to all of the "last" FOUR "teams standing" THIS "year."

gold45

Quote from: bleudog on November 26, 2017, 08:31:30 pm
Thank you.  Osceola folks especially should realize how different a team can be from one year to another.

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow's a mystery.
Today's a gift.  That's why they call it the present.

Playing (or watching a family member play) Arkansas high school football in December is something only a few get to experience.

Good luck to all of the four "teams standing" THIS YEAR.

Great post!  And so true!  I've had the extreme privilege of watching my baby brother battle for a 4A State Championship and WIN IT ALL against Warren in 2013 as well as watching my son and two nephews come up short against Prescott in the 3A Championship last year.  Just getting there is such an honor and not one that should ever be taken for granted.

cuz

Calpreps
2017] Osceola (AR) 34, [2017] Junction City (AR) 31

HeadBussa08

Noles win by 14. Just don't see JC winning this game but they are very resilient and have proven they can win a dog fight. If Osceola wins whether or not they win state or not I think it will be more of the most impressive playoff runs we have seen recently.

OB11

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 27, 2017, 09:31:28 am
Noles win by 14. Just don't see JC winning this game but they are very resilient and have proven they can win a dog fight. If Osceola wins whether or not they win state or not I think it will be more of the most impressive playoff runs we have seen recently.

With a brand new coach and the season they had last year, it is definitely impressive what they have been able to accomplish this year.

Lions84

cuz

November 27, 2017, 01:44:17 pm #57 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:55:18 pm by cuz
Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 27, 2017, 09:31:28 am
At Junction City our players just don't win All-State Trophies they win State Championships.

Paul Bear Bryant
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit – you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

Junction City Football has the same essence of the Bears philosophy. You don't win 6 State Championships being quitters...

GEAUX DRAGONS

Coltfan2005

Quote from: cuz on November 27, 2017, 01:44:17 pm
At Junction City our players just don't win All-State Trophies they win State Championships.

Paul Bear Bryant
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit – you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

Junction City Football has the same essence of the Bears philosophy. You don't win 6 State Championships being quitters...

GEAUX DRAGONS

They just don't win 3A state championships.

Monsta

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 02:01:49 pm
stay in your own lane, Mchee not a push over and wouldn't surprise me if they destroyed the colts

bleudog

November 27, 2017, 02:29:41 pm #60 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 02:35:27 pm by bleudog

They marked one of those off the list last year.

CLICK HERE

;D

cuz

Stick around its coming.....😉

dragondad

Win or lose, JC has proven they can play with, and beat some of, the best in a conference above what they should be in.  Limit their penalties and I see a good win in store for JC Friday night.

phillle4

Noles better hope it doesn't mysteriously start raining in dragon town. Didn't fair to well on wet field last go around.

cuz

CoolBreeze

November 27, 2017, 05:00:02 pm #65 Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 11:36:55 am by CoolBreeze
Quote from: bleudog on November 27, 2017, 02:29:41 pm

CLICK HERE

;D
Last time I looked this was a football thread.

Coltfan2005

CLICK HERE

;D

stick with football on a football thread.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on November 27, 2017, 03:30:56 pm
Win or lose, JC has proven they can play with, and beat some of, the best in a conference above what they should be in.  Limit their penalties and I see a good win in store for JC Friday night.
[/quote

haven't proven they can beat Rivercrest. Now they have to get through Osceola to try (again).

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 06:00:23 pm
stick with football on a football thread.

Just responding to your statement.  ;)

dragondad

November 27, 2017, 06:51:49 pm #69 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:57:01 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 06:03:34 pmhaven't proven they can beat Rivercrest. Now they have to get through Osceola to try (again).

They taught you basic reading in the cotton patch but not comprehension.  I said "some of",  you just worry about getting past McGehee....I know having ADD while being a narcissist makes that hard for you,  but at least try.

dragondad

CLICK HERE

;D

And while not a team championship,  JC did place first in four separate events at the State Track Meet

DogCatcher

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 26, 2017, 05:56:06 pm
Last year is last year. JC is now.
You missed the point of Osceola playing as good as anyone else.

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 06:03:34 pm
haven't proven they can beat Rivercrest. Now they have to get through Osceola to try (again).

The two playoff wins JC has this year reminded me a lot of the way Rivercrest won last year's JC game.  All three required come from behind, late in the fourth quarter comebacks.  All three could have gone either way.

I hope the Osceola game is less exciting than the first two JC games have been and JC can still find a way to win and advance.  At least JC has proven they think they can win every game even when behind late.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on November 27, 2017, 06:51:49 pm
They taught you basic reading in the cotton patch but not comprehension.  I said "some of",  you just worry about getting past McGehee....I know having ADD while being a narcissist makes that hard for you,  but at least try.

are you making fun of people with the disablity ADD? Is that what they teach you? To make fun of disabled because someone states the truth? Not cool. Wanna make fun of disabled vets while you are at it?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bleudog on November 27, 2017, 07:19:10 pm
The two playoff wins JC has this year reminded me a lot of the way Rivercrest won last year's JC game.  All three required come from behind, late in the fourth quarter comebacks.  All three could have gone either way.

I hope the Osceola game is less exciting than the first two JC games have been and JC can still find a way to win and advance.  At least JC has proven they think they can win every game even when behind late.

But the FACT is, JC should never have been behind late in either game.

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 08:00:28 pm
are you making fun of people with the disablity ADD? Is that what they teach you? To make fun of disabled because someone states the truth? Not cool. Wanna make fun of disabled vets while you are at it?

No of course not, I'm satisfied with it just being you.

dragondad

And I apologize,  I didn't mean to insult the disabled by comparing them to you.

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 08:01:26 pm
But the FACT is, JC should never have been behind late in either game.

That also reminds me of last year's Rivercrest game.  ;D

cuz

November 27, 2017, 08:59:19 pm #78 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:00:51 pm by cuz
There's no call to get all stirred up when a comment is made not to your liking. I'm sure DD would never make fun of Vets. First I'm a vet and he's never been anything but respectful second he has a son serving in the Marine Corp and another in the Army. So get you panties out of a wad and take the heat or get out of the kitchen....😉

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: Monsta on November 27, 2017, 02:19:25 pm
stay in your own lane, Mchee not a push over and wouldn't surprise me if they destroyed the colts

That's cute

Ghost of Colts52

Quote from: bleudog on November 27, 2017, 08:34:54 pm
That also reminds me of last year's Rivercrest game.  ;D

On a turf field I think JC beats rivercrest by 14 last year. This is a different year though and neither JV or McGehee are better than the teams from the northeast corner. The bus ride might get Osceola down but rivercrest will roll

bleudog

November 27, 2017, 09:29:17 pm #81 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:36:10 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Ghost of Colts52 on November 27, 2017, 09:13:35 pm
On a turf field I think JC beats rivercrest by 14 last year. This is a different year though and neither JV or McGehee are better than the teams from the northeast corner. The bus ride might get Osceola down but rivercrest will roll

Thanks for the assessment of last year's Rivercrest game but Calpreps has that 2016 JC as the second weakest Dragon team going back to 2003.  Field conditions were pathetic and JC's offense was non-existent.  JC's defense gave them the chance to win though.  Choice and execution of how to handle a late fourth down are what changed the outcome.  At least weather shouldn't come into play this Friday.

dragondad

But if a wet field boosts their chances,  I know some Smackover folks who can give tips on how to flood a field.  LOL!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bleudog on November 27, 2017, 09:29:17 pm
Thanks for the assessment of last year's Rivercrest game but Calpreps has that 2016 JC as the second weakest Dragon team going back to 2003.  Field conditions were pathetic and JC's offense was non-existent.  JC's defense gave them the chance to win though.  Choice and execution of how to handle a late fourth down are what changed the outcome.  At least weather shouldn't come into play this Friday.

3 excuses in one paragraph, that is so elite.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: cuz on November 27, 2017, 08:59:19 pm
There's no call to get all stirred up when a comment is made not to your liking. I'm sure DD would never make fun of Vets. First I'm a vet and he's never been anything but respectful second he has a son serving in the Marine Corp and another in the Army. So get you panties out of a wad and take the heat or get out of the kitchen....😉

not to my liking? He gets personal and makes fun of me having ADD?

bleudog

November 27, 2017, 09:59:29 pm #85 Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:01:26 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 09:55:55 pm

No excuses. I believe the term you have used is FACT.   ;)

amehr36

There sure is a lot of "wahhh" in this thread.

bleudog

Quote from: amehr36 on November 27, 2017, 10:05:24 pm
There sure is a lot of "wahhh" in this thread.

36, you coming down?

THA TRUTH

How's the mail order wife??

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on November 27, 2017, 09:46:56 pm
But if a wet field boosts their chances,  I know some Smackover folks who can give tips on how to flood a field.  LOL!

JC doesn't need smackover's help. Their field does a fine job for them. 

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 27, 2017, 09:57:29 pm
not to my liking? He gets personal and makes fun of me having ADD?

Look y'all, it's snowing already!

dragondad

cuz

Look bleu he's trying to make a funny...😂

Coltfan2005

GrindTime

Quote from: ISU7 on November 26, 2017, 07:29:11 pm
+1 last years Prescott team would've whooped this years current team and Osceolas by 40 lol

GrindTime

I gotta go with Osceola in this one they're train is rolling , and seeing them slay prescott , and massacre charleston back to back weeks its kinda hard to go against them should be a very good game tho

cuz

501Arkansas

Quote from: GrindTime on November 28, 2017, 09:22:38 am
+1 last years Prescott team would've whooped this years current team and Osceolas by 40 lol
Too bad this isnt last year lol

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 28, 2017, 09:16:41 am
hook swallowed 8)

Quote from: cuz on November 28, 2017, 09:53:17 am
Yes it was....😉

Yep cuz, we kept throwing him back and dang if he didn't keep jumpin' in da boat.  ;D

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on November 28, 2017, 11:40:42 am
Yep cuz, we kept throwing him back and dang if he didn't keep jumpin' in da boat.  ;D
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas