• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the best teams and players in 2A girls?

Started by Bildo, November 23, 2017, 08:18:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bildo

It's still early but teams have a few games under their belt. Anyone have any thoughts?

ak58

Here's a little info on the teams and players I know about. All from southern Arkansas. Probably only 4  teams that are worth mentioning but could be more as the year goes on. Anyone feel free to add any information you know about these teams. It's still early so my knowledge is limited.

Caddo Hills was a young squad last year, mainly sophomores and one solid freshman point guard. (They were the only girls team from south ar to win a game at the state tourney last year) they are currently 6-3.

Camden Harmony Grove Girls lost only one senior who contributed and gained another good player i Believe. They have one of the best athletes in 2A. If they wouldn't have came out so sluggish against Carlisle last season they could've beaten them. They've started off slow so far, (1-2)

Blevins lady Hornets are 9-1 and are 3 points away from 10-0. They are well coached, disciplined team. All 9 of their wins are by double digits. We will see if they are legit this Tuesday when they face SH.

Spring Hill is lead by a solid group of seniors, but have many that can contribute. They go about 10 deep without much drop off. Come February & march when the younger players have more experience they can be hard to handle. They have 3 girls that could score in double figures every with Christy Randle, Graycee Barham, and Katie Rivera. We will find out more about them this week when they play Blevins and then jump in the Magnet cove tourney. They are 3-2 so far. 3 point L to a Scrappy Prescott team and 30 point L to Star City. Wins over Arkadelphia, Genoa, and Atlanta.

HoopKing

Carlisle lead by Kylie Warren who has been all state since 9th grade along with a talented group of players around her including point guard deshaye ricks who started as a 9th grader last year along with Heather Bowlan, Kiara Miller and Blakely Ellis.  All 5 started games last year.

Earle who has Roshala Scott to go with most of the players left from last year.  They will be talented and athletic.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HoopKing on November 24, 2017, 11:50:59 am
Carlisle lead by Kylie Warren who has been all state since 9th grade along with a talented group of players around her including point guard deshaye ricks who started as a 9th grader last year along with Heather Bowlan, Kiara Miller and Blakely Ellis.  All 5 started games last year.

Earle who has Roshala Scott to go with most of the players left from last year.  They will be talented and athletic.

I've seen both of these teams this year, I would pick Earle if they were to play today.

ak58

I was very impressed with Carlisle last season. They get after it. Now, their head coach, not shaking the other teams hand before and after the game, not so much..

HoopKing

Who did he not shake hands with?  He never shakes hands before. He has an assistant that does that.  He always shakes hands afterwards.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HoopKing on November 24, 2017, 11:50:59 am

Haven't seen Warren play.  Is she as good as Inman from a few years ago?

BigLion10

No not close imo Warren is good by Inman was a special once in a decade type player who could take over down low or on the perimeter at any time

Bildo

November 25, 2017, 07:47:06 am #8 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:04:41 am by Bildo
Hard to compare the two imo... different players. Inman did play at the UofA and won a couple of state championships.Warren has offers from CBC and OBU.

thebigman3

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Bildo on November 25, 2017, 07:47:06 am
Hard to compare the two imo... different players. Inman did play at the UofA and won a couple of state championships.Warren has offers from CBC and OBU.

Probably isn't fair to try and compare the two, but I'm sure that is inevitable.  Good luck to her and with her college choice.

BirdCall

I see almighty Earle took a loss to Marked Tree the other day by 10+ so they are good but not unbeatable just saying,

BirdCall

I also see that Earle got killed by Osceola some days before that game by 30. Does anyone know what is going on with Earle? I once heard in a thread that they could win any state championship going up to 4A at least and now that statement is looking very cloudy.

Ctucker

Ctucker

I have not seen we're Earle and Mark Tree has played each other this year when did they play!

birddawg1986

Quote from: Ctucker on November 29, 2017, 02:39:29 pm
I have not seen we're Earle and Mark Tree has played each other this year when did they play!
They played last night in MT

birddawg1986

Quote from: BirdCall on November 29, 2017, 02:26:20 pm
I also see that Earle got killed by Osceola some days before that game by 30. Does anyone know what is going on with Earle? I once heard in a thread that they could win any state championship going up to 4A at least and now that statement is looking very cloudy.
Murray tries different combinations in November and December but when the end of January first of February rolls around the Dawgs are usually a tough out. They are king of the hill

Ctucker

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 29, 2017, 05:03:14 pm
Murray tries different combinations in November and December but when the end of January first of February rolls around the Dawgs are usually a tough out. They are king of the hill
ok didn't know they played we had a game scheduled with y'all but it was the night of first playoff game in football got cancelled, we have y'all again sometime before long looking Fwd to it. Good luck to y'all. And I'm talking about WCC.

BirdCall

BirdCall

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 29, 2017, 05:03:14 pm
Seems like an excuse to me.

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on November 29, 2017, 05:21:40 pm
ok didn't know they played we had a game scheduled with y'all but it was the night of first playoff game in football got cancelled, we have y'all again sometime before long looking Fwd to it. Good luck to y'all. And I'm talking about WCC.
Are you talking about girls? Because this is a girls thread

Bildo

November 30, 2017, 07:58:18 am #21 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:31:06 am by Bildo
:

birddawg1986

Quote from: BirdCall on November 29, 2017, 11:12:46 pm
Well duhh i doubt Davis stays at Lighthouse next year.
Earle skull drug Lighthouse last year in the semifinals with both Doakes & Davis so I really doubt they will this year. Looks like they are losing players due to being ineligible. Better straighten up before AAA locks they booties up.

Bildo

birddawg1986

Ok.... We will do the girls top 7 as of Novmeber 30th:

1. QUITMAN
2. HECTOR
3. EARLE
4. PANGBURN
5. SPRING HILL
6. MARMADUKE
7. BLEVINS

Bildo

No doubt that this will get the conversation going

Cheek

Quote from: Bildo on November 30, 2017, 01:31:37 pm
No doubt that this will get the conversation going

They forgot Carlisle. I would say they are 3/4 at this time.

Ctucker

Bildo

No problem!!  Just trying to find a place to chat a little. It's all good

HorseFeathers

Quote from: birddawg1986 on November 30, 2017, 01:26:24 pm
Ok.... We will do the girls top 7 as of Novmeber 30th:

1. QUITMAN
2. HECTOR
3. EARLE
4. PANGBURN
5. SPRING HILL
6. MARMADUKE
7. BLEVINS

ASTsports on Twitter had...

2a Girls Top 10
1. Quitman 7-1
2. Pangburn 10-1
3. Earle 2-0
4. Carlisle 3-1
5. Blevins 8-1
6. Marmaduke 8-3
7. JC Westside 6-1
8. Springhill 2-2
9. Hector 3-1
10. Caddo Hills 6-3

2a girls doesn't seem very deep this year about 4 teams have a shot IMO...

Bildo

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I've seen both Carlisle and Earle first hand, if Earle is 3 and Carlisle is 4, the gap between 3 and 4 is wide.

HoopKing

So says the school that got mercy ruled by Carlisle and Earle.  People from Des arc also said Carlisle had no chance last year either. We won't know for sure until February and that district tournament is at Carlisle.

HorseFeathers

December 01, 2017, 05:41:16 am #33 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:48:52 am by HorseFeathers
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 30, 2017, 11:32:58 pm
I've seen both Carlisle and Earle first hand, if Earle is 3 and Carlisle is 4, the gap between 3 and 4 is wide.

And gap between 4 and the rest of the field is probably wider...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HoopKing on December 01, 2017, 05:41:03 am
So says the school that got mercy ruled by Carlisle and Earle.  People from Des arc also said Carlisle had no chance last year either. We won't know for sure until February and that district tournament is at Carlisle.

There is no comparison at this time.

Bildo

So Earle beats Des Arc 48-12 and Carlisle has Des Arc 40-8 at half.... you may be right about no comparison but I don't see your reasoning

birddawg1986

I watch Carlisle girls last year during regional at Carlisle when Marmaduke beat them by about 20. I don think they are no where near a top 10 team unless they have added a transfer.

Bildo

Carlisle's best player was hurt and didn't start against Marmaduke. Taking nothing away from them though.. they played lights out. This was also the team that beat Earle last year so it's kinda hard to judge on one game. Kinda what I meant by my reply to Pick...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 01, 2017, 12:48:54 pm #38 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:50:54 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Bildo on December 01, 2017, 07:54:10 am
So Earle beats Des Arc 48-12 and Carlisle has Des Arc 40-8 at half.... you may be right about no comparison but I don't see your reasoning

Umm, because I actually watched the games and not just the score. Des Arc also lost their best p.g. between the 2 games. Earle could have ran the score up,  but chose not too. Carlisle ran the score up because des arcs coach ran the score up on Carlisle during a 7th grade game the weekend before. Buffalo let It be known he was going to do that before the sr game, I don't blame him. So stop comparing scores.

ak58

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 30, 2017, 07:46:23 pm
ASTsports on Twitter had...

2a Girls Top 10
1. Quitman 7-1
2. Pangburn 10-1
3. Earle 2-0
4. Carlisle 3-1
5. Blevins 8-1
6. Marmaduke 8-3
7. JC Westside 6-1
8. Springhill 2-2
9. Hector 3-1
10. Caddo Hills 6-3

2a girls doesn't seem very deep this year about 4 teams have a shot IMO...
I like this top 10 better! SPring Hill girls are 5-2 though. Won vs. Blevins 60-51 Tuesday Night.

Bildo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2017, 12:48:54 pm
Umm, because I actually watched the games and not just the score. Des Arc also lost their best p.g. between the 2 games. Earle could have ran the score up,  but chose not too. Carlisle ran the score up because des arcs coach ran the score up on Carlisle during a 7th grade game the weekend before. Buffalo let It be known he was going to do that before the sr game, I don't blame him. So stop comparing scores.
How did we run the score up? The starters didn't play the whole second half.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on December 01, 2017, 01:00:41 pm
How did we run the score up? The starters didn't play the whole second half.

He did his damage in the first half. Earle benched the starters after 1qt. They could have been up 50 or 60 at the half.

Have you seen Earle play? Carlisle has zero players to stop Roe from doing whatever she wants when she wants.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2017, 12:48:54 pm

A coach wanted revenge over a 7th grade game?  Wow.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on December 01, 2017, 01:14:51 pm
A coach wanted revenge over a 7th grade game?  Wow.

Yep. I don't blame him. Was no need in running up the score on 7th graders. Maybe it will teach her a lesson.

Bildo

I thought you said you watched the game? We stopped pressing after the first quarter. Then when we put in our second and third team, your coach wanted to press us. Do not talk to me about etiquette

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on December 01, 2017, 01:24:57 pm
I thought you said you watched the game? We stopped pressing after the first quarter. Then when we put in our second and third team, your coach wanted to press us. Do not talk to me about etiquette

Your comprehension skills are on par with Carlisle. I didn't say one bad word about him running up the score, Like I said, I don't blame him..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

But regardless, Carlisle is not on Earles level at this time.

Bildo

Never said they were. Just curious how you can judge a team that is playing against zero competition. No offense...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on December 01, 2017, 01:33:07 pm
Never said they were. Just curious how you can judge a team that is playing against zero competition. No offense...

Just by watching the teams, like I said we lost our p.g. between the 2 games, we Were a little better when we played Earle.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 01, 2017, 01:19:29 pm
Yep. I don't blame him. Was no need in running up the score on 7th graders. Maybe it will teach her a lesson.

Seems a little petty but hey, to each his own.  If Carlisle is a serious contender as they appear to be, I would hope the coach would use each game to prepare for a deep run in the spring instead of worrying about the outcome of a 7th grade game.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas