• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian and Mt Ida

Started by jsw6f0, November 17, 2017, 10:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whoknows

Looks like Hootens thinks this will be a close game..

FilmCrew

I haven't seen the stats and I know some on here are big stat people but the secondary has had a lot of interceptions this year. Again like many on here have said their defensive line helps with that because many times the quarter backs are running for their lives.

It will should be a great game. At this point in the season their isn't an easy game.

lionsdad

Predictions at this time of year in 2a football is a chest bumping contest. Nobody knows what's going to happen, but if they predict the outcome, they want a prize. I'm not about to predict the result, but it doesn't mean I don't believe in my team.

Dragonsvoice

I don't now much about Mt. Ida but if they are the hype everyone's says they are CC will have their hands full.
the Burg "could of, Should of, Would of" won last week, but the Burg couldn't get out of their own way they made to many mistakes and to many penalties, but that's why you play the game.

CC will have to show me more than they did last week against us to give me any chance for them to win, but I will be keeping track just to see good luck to both teams.

ExemplaryChimp

If MI's Coach is smart, he'd watch film & see all the success mountainburg had with the pass. Besides towards the end whe CC knew the pass was coming, mountainburg had multiple huge plays passing the ball. I'm looking forward to seeing if Mt Ida decides to run it right at CC the whole game or pass it a little more than they usually do. If I were CC's D-coordinator I'd be drilling my secondary after last week. They got lazy reading the backfield & it could've cost them the game if it weren't for a few dropped passes.

denvercat

Im really keeping an eye on this game, think the outcome could surprise a few folks. CC has on of the better dual threat QB's in 2A this season and so far has given teams fits. However, CC traditionally struggles with power run teams, so we will see if that stays true on friday. Hoping for a good game and making the trip down to MI friday night hopefully to see a good one. Hope to meet some of you MI posters!

GatorBall

Quote from: denvercat on November 21, 2017, 11:04:36 pm
Im really keeping an eye on this game, think the outcome could surprise a few folks. CC has on of the better dual threat QB's in 2A this season and so far has given teams fits. However, CC traditionally struggles with power run teams, so we will see if that stays true on friday. Hoping for a good game and making the trip down to MI friday night hopefully to see a good one. Hope to meet some of you MI posters!

LOL, if they struggle with power run teams then their in for a LOOOONG night!!!!!

N2DEEP

I have not seen Mt Ida this year but I can tell you what I saw with CCS vs MC.

CCS's offense all revolves around their QB. he is the focus on both throwing and running. CCS has a good size line, specifically at the tackle spots. So far as running CCS was successful against MC when they went into a 4 wide, let the LB's got back into pass defense and then start running to the sidelines. MC would have done better versus their running had they had a spy LB  with speed to keep him in the pocket. Even though CCS had alot of penalties they did a good job of stopping our Def ends, no one had controlled them like CCS did , maybe some holding going on, but they controlled them which led to long times to throw and better scramble lanes. CCS's thorwing was very successful with 5-15 yard slants. they had a few throws down the middle and to the sidelines, but really hurt MC with slants and middle crosses. I believe you need to pressure their wideouts more and not give 8-12 yard cushions. They also have a taller receiver they will throw a few jump balls to.

CCS's defense was good, but MC is 1 sided so they loaded the box with 9 people within 5 yrds and a 10th player at 10 yrds; MC still had 436 rushing yards against CCS. CCS strength on defense is their LB's, they moved to the ball well and played physical. Their secondary was not tested MC had only 6 pass attempts with 1 completion and 1 int.

CCS has probably the best kicker we have seen in 2A this year, but they do not use him as effectively on kickoffs, but has a good 40 yrd field goal range.

I think to beat CCS you have to control the QB scrambling and be willing to cover man to man with your CB's with safety help over the top. On offense Mt Ida just needs to stay focused on running the ball, the less possessions CCS has the better for Mt. Ida. MC gave CCS 2 minutes at the end of the game and CCS made them pay.

CCS also had 3 unsportsmanlike penalties so they can be a bit rattled and their coach should have been flagged numerous times for being on the field and basically out of control; from what I have seen the playoffs officials are much more strict now then during the year.

M.I. D

Everyone from CCS have a safe trip this evening.

Prouddragondad

I can see Mount Ida winning by 2 tds or more. I wasn't impressed with CC's passing game burg played man to man on the 4 receivers with no help and CC had less than 80 yards passing. Receivers are not fast but the qb is very good at scrambling around he's the whole team. Their defense is not very good either. CC fans will argue but Mtburg beat their selves with mistakes and miss opportunities. If you watch the game film Burg should have beat CC but that's the way it goes sometimes. Maybe CC plays outstanding tonight and make a game of it but don't be surprised if MI wins big.

mrk1027

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 24, 2017, 01:16:59 pm
I can see Mount Ida winning by 2 tds or more. I wasn't impressed with CC's passing game burg played man to man on the 4 receivers with no help and CC had less than 80 yards passing. Receivers are not fast but the qb is very good at scrambling around he's the whole team. Their defense is not very good either. CC fans will argue but Mtburg beat their selves with mistakes and miss opportunities. If you watch the game film Burg should have beat CC but that's the way it goes sometimes. Maybe CC plays outstanding tonight and make a game of it but don't be surprised if MI wins big.

As a person well involved with the CCS program... I can assure you that the Eagles "coulda woulda shoulda" beat Burg far easier. Take away the busted coverage on their passing touchdowns (which is exactly what it was) and you find a Burg team that only had two sustained drives in my opinion.

The Eagles "not very good" defense shut Burg down aside from the busted coverage and a select handful of runs. Not sure why we're still talking about this game, but you've officially baited one person into a response finally.

Nothing personal, Dragon Dad. I can tell that you are very passionate about Burg football. And based on your name, I assume that you obviously have family ties to the program. For that, you have my respect.

mrk1027

CCS is very confident coming into tonight's game. They are not in unfamiliar territory, they have played and beaten very good teams on the road and deep in the playoffs before. With how young our football program is, I can't help but be proud of how much they've accomplished. Only ten years ago, we were still playing organized 8-man football.

This isn't a "oh look at us/me" post but rather a post to show the contrast in tonight's game. You have Mt. Ida, a long standing powerhouse of 2A football. They are without a doubt hosting an up and coming powerhouse, a new and still building powerhouse. Also a vast difference in offensive styles to contrast!

Will CCS be able to eventually win a 2A title and how soon? Who knows. However, I don't see a reason to not count them as a yearly contender. 74-42 since joining the AAA in 2008, haven't lost more than 1 game in a row (would like to double check that stat, awesome if true)

"To be the best, you gotta beat the best" notable teams that CCS has beaten in recent conference and playoff games:
Junction City
Magnet Cove
England
Hazen
Bearden
McCrory
Mountainburg

Would love to see the growth and success continue. Only time will tell...

Hawgpilot

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 24, 2017, 04:02:35 pm
As a person well involved with the CCS program... I can assure you that the Eagles "coulda woulda shoulda" beat Burg far easier. Take away the busted coverage on their passing touchdowns (which is exactly what it was) and you find a Burg team that only had two sustained drives in my opinion.

The Eagles "not very good" defense shut Burg down aside from the busted coverage and a select handful of runs. Not sure why we're still talking about this game, but you've officially baited one person into a response finally.

Nothing personal, Dragon Dad. I can tell that you are very passionate about Burg football. And based on your name, I assume that you obviously have family ties to the program. For that, you have my respect.

Agreed.  The Eagle D shut them down in the second half except for 4 plays.  Two of which were Long TD's.  Really after the 2nd qtr, who the better team was no longer in question.

mrk1027

14-0 Mt Ida leads start of the second

CCS scores on the first play of the quarter to make it 14-7

Eagles recover from a slow start and one bad call (no complaint, just a missed call)

M.I. D

CC came to play. QB is accurate. Half time Mt Ida up 21-14

wampuscat44

M.I. D

Quote from: wampuscat44 on November 24, 2017, 08:09:36 pm
How is Mt. Ida offense looking?

Scored every possession but the last one. Too many penalties on it.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: M.I. D on November 24, 2017, 08:04:19 pm
CC came to play. QB is accurate. Half time Mt Ida up 21-14

Win or lose CC is a good team.  Said that all year. 

thevoice

Great game!  28-28 late in the third quarter! Two outstanding teams.

mrk1027

28-28 heading to the fourth. Unbelievable atmosphere on both sides.

NWA Hawg

thevoice

Hawgpilot

Yes it was.  Congrats to Mt Ida and best of luck.  CC had several opportunities to win and didn't get it done but I was proud of our D and how we stopped their offense several times.

M.I. D

Great football game!!! CC played their tails off. Mount Ida found a way to win and that's what matters. CC qb is a real good player.

mrk1027

Quietest winning home crowd I've heard after a win. Everyone in the stadium knows how much the officials decided that game.

Not trying to sit and whine, we know how to take an honest loss

On a different note, Mt Ida leaves the field tonight humbly. Conway Christian gave them nearly everything and it just wasn't enough in the end. Absolutely a fantastic game. Best of luck to the Lions going forward. Fantastic season for my boys at CCS

Hawgpilot

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 24, 2017, 09:44:07 pm
Quietest winning home crowd I've heard after a win. Everyone in the stadium knows how much the officials decided that game.

On a different note, Mt Ida leaves the field tonight humbly. Conway Christian gave them nearly everything and it just wasn't enough in the end. Absolutely a fantastic game. Best of luck to the Lions going forward. Fantastic season for my boys at CCS

Tough to watch some of that but it happens everywhere in HS football.  At least some of us know the hype wasn't all that now!

bigworm

Congrats to the MI Lions. Great job and season Eagles!!

M.I. D

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 24, 2017, 09:44:07 pm

Are you talking about all the missed holding calls on cc when they tackled our defensive tackle a few times or the 4 or 5 missed false starts on cc? Honestly they missed some calls on both sides. Mount Ida wins and moves on. All that matters.

brotherdew

Mount Ida pulls out a tough one. I believe everyone missed the "Game of the Week". This one was the game of the week whether it was recognized as such or not.
Conway Christian matched up well against Mount Ida and they worked to their strengths with their passing game. Mount Ida did just enough to pull it out.
As far as the refs. I can assure you there are several on Mount Ida's side who would agree with you about the refs, but their just too nice to say anything after a win.
Good luck and well played!

mrk1027

Very polite fans at Mt Ida. Also had an officiating question and a AAA fellow helped me out. Awesome atmosphere and truly either team could've left with the W. I would watch them play weekly matchups if possible

mrk1027

Quote from: brotherdew on November 24, 2017, 09:55:54 pm
Mount Ida pulls out a tough one. I believe everyone missed the "Game of the Week". This one was the game of the week whether it was recognized as such or not.
Conway Christian matched up well against Mount Ida and they worked to their strengths with their passing game. Mount Ida did just enough to pull it out.
As far as the refs. I can assure you there are several on Mount Ida's side who would agree with you about the refs, but their just too nice to say anything after a win.
Good luck and well played!

Appreciate the honesty and a great game/congrats to the Lions

monster_island

Truly impressed by CC's quarterback. He is the best that I have seen in a while. He was on the field after the game getting his hand shaken by many MI fans.

Letmland

November 25, 2017, 12:24:33 am #84 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:10:52 am by Letmland
I believe he’s as good as I have seen——- passing wise——in the AR 2AA.

denvercat

CC surprised me tonight. Very good team I thought, played a good Mt Ida team close. Watched CC QB tonight. Very impressed. Seemed to be a game changer for eagles. Reminds me of CC QB from their semi final team a few years back. Anyone think they are compareable? I know that QB wasn't much of a runner but they can both throw the ball better than I've seen any one in 2A.

Legacy Lion

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 24, 2017, 09:58:45 pm
Appreciate the honesty and a great game/congrats to the Lions

A buddy of mine agrees with me that it is just a shame that either team had to lose tonight. Congrats to CC on a tremendous effort tonight. That game truly could have gone either way and the Lions were lucky to win. Congrats to them for having the grit and guts to get it done.  Both teams left it all on the field. Best of luck CC. You have our respect. And best of luck Lions going forward. One team had to win tonight, the Lions humbly accept the victory and move on. Next week.....another tough one.

mrk1027

It's just too bad that couldn't have been the title game. No disrespect to the fantastic QB at Earle, but more people need to see Wood from CCS in action. He's back for his senior year in 18 with an offense only losing 3 starters with only one of them responsible for TDs and yardage. Must replace two great men at LT Nathan Burrow and C Brett Callaway and one of the toughest kids I know in Luke Gates at RB

Dragon_Slayer97

Quote from: denvercat on November 25, 2017, 01:11:13 am
CC surprised me tonight. Very good team I thought, played a good Mt Ida team close. Watched CC QB tonight. Very impressed. Seemed to be a game changer for eagles. Reminds me of CC QB from their semi final team a few years back. Anyone think they are compareable? I know that QB wasn't much of a runner but they can both throw the ball better than I've seen any one in 2A.
Henry (from the 2015 semi team) was much more accurate and had a stronger arm but practically immobile. Wood is more of a game changer but less likely to go through his progressions and make a Read. Comparable? Maybe, but in my mind 2 totally different QBs with 2 different skill sets. The funny thing is if you flipped O-Lines for the QBs Henry would love the protection this line had to offer whereas Wood likes to play off the cuff and wouldn't mind the younger O-Line that 2015 had. Great season for the eagles. One of the most complete teams CCS has ever had. See if they can keep it up next year. #GoEagles

doctor in the house

It's a shame that this was a quarter final match up... Two really good teams!
How did CC end up in the 2A-5  #2 spot?

couch-coach06

I think you will find running the ball on Ida will be difficult be it inside or out... Better get that qb arm limbered up ..

Wrong dang thread sorry

thevoice

Quote from: doctor in the house on November 25, 2017, 06:33:12 pm
It's a shame that this was a quarter final match up... Two really good teams!
How did CC end up in the 2A-5  #2 spot?

Lost by 1 to Hector.  Crazy game with a questionable ending imo

doctor in the house

Quote from: thevoice on November 25, 2017, 09:38:51 pm
Lost by 1 to Hector.  Crazy game with a questionable ending imo

What happened?

Eslim03

Quote from: doctor in the house on November 25, 2017, 09:55:03 pm
What happened?

They got beat and brought their A game to Ida but they didn't beat Hector that got beat by a 5 seed. Yes it was a big upset although Conway Christian fell into the best chance to beat Ida. While they have Lagrange hurt? Did he even play please tell me it's been quiet on this.

hesmine_lionpride

To whoever made the comment about Mount Ida having the quitest fans after a win...look up Tillys Touch Phtography on fb, she has a video of the fans at the end. All on our feet going crazy. CC is a great team, it blew my mind how awesome they were. Mount Ida (I think the greatest not only because of talent but because of heart and coaching) once again played their hearts out and got the W. They needed that team and competition this season and it'll only make them better  It takes absolutely nothing away from MI being a close game. Props to CC

Ghostof64

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 25, 2017, 10:38:22 pm
They got beat and brought their A game to Ida but they didn't beat Hector that got beat by a 5 seed. Yes it was a big upset although Conway Christian fell into the best chance to beat Ida. While they have Lagrange hurt? Did he even play please tell me it's been quiet on this.
What are you talking about? Ida just got everyone back this week. Nobody is hurt.

Eslim03

HorseFeathers

Quote from: doctor in the house on November 25, 2017, 09:55:03 pm
What happened?

Hector pulled a rabbit out of the hat.... And Conway Christian couldn't get out of bounds with no timeouts and wanted time put back on the clock, despite it running out during the play...

Anyway Congrats to Conway Christian on yet another great season

Eaglefan70

This was such a big game.  Loved every second of it.  It truly is a shame either team had to lose.  I feel like CC should've walked out with a W but "should've could've would've." CC has great respect for Ida and we wanted Ida from the beginning of the season.  Good luck to Mt Ida on the rest of the season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas