• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazen @ CHG

Started by hornetfan8, November 17, 2017, 09:49:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hornetfan8

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 21, 2017, 01:30:56 pm
I have no pride in the 8-2A. In fact I hope that the other teams in this conference lose every week.
You just make sure you get back on this board after Hazen gets beat this week. If you think this is similar to your matchup with McCrory then you have another thing coming.
If you think Hazen is gonna lay down and get pounded you got another thing coming.

The Beast Of 08

Who said anything about them laying down?

CaptainSwarm25

If we get a lead and get the ball it's gonna be hard for those WRs to get the score run up...just saying. We play old school. In your mouth. You're gonna taste us all night even if we go 3 and out. Whichever way the ball falls will determine this game.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 21, 2017, 01:59:52 pm
If we get a lead and get the ball it’s gonna be hard for those WRs to get the score run up...just saying. We play old school. In your mouth. You’re gonna taste us all night even if we go 3 and out. Whichever way the ball falls will determine this game.
Y'all need to take the keyboard away from this guy

hornetfan8

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 21, 2017, 02:09:20 pm
Y'all need to take the keyboard away from this guy
He can't help that he tells the truth

The Beast Of 08

You didn't answer my question...who said anything about y'all laying down?

hornetfan8

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 21, 2017, 02:33:18 pm
You didn't answer my question...who said anything about y'all laying down?
Who said anything about it being like our game with Mac?

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 21, 2017, 01:06:57 pm
“We would beat you 9/10 Friday nights” just like Mccrory said.
You did...

CaptainSwarm25

If you beasted in '08 you might need some glasses to watch this game Friday. Won't be hard to see what's going on but just in case I'll bring some bifocals for ya gramps.

hornetfan8

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 21, 2017, 03:48:30 pm

You did...
I said y'all would act like them when Hazen came and beat y'all. Did not say This match up compared to Mac

bigworm

CHG 42
Horneys 20

CHG is the 2018 2A State Champs

purplehajj

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 21, 2017, 04:01:16 pm
If you beasted in ‘08 you might need some glasses to watch this game Friday. Won’t be hard to see what’s going on but just in case I’ll bring some bifocals for ya gramps.
Good one...

Hgalum50

😂😂 I beasted in 14 lol

hornetfan8

I think it's well known we're all a bunch of has beens

Hgalum50

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 22, 2017, 03:17:46 pm
I think it's well known we're all a bunch of has beens
I think that's something we can all agree on!

Old Scrapper

True Story, some of us are sure enough has been, since I probably played ball against your Dads.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 22, 2017, 04:00:32 pm
True Story, some of us are sure enough has been, since I probably played ball against your Dads.
Heck, my dad played ball at Hampton in the late 80's.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 22, 2017, 04:00:32 pm
Pretty sure my dad had to guard Moses.

CaptainSwarm25

I might be a has been but I can still run a pro right 46 blast with the fake waggle to a tee. I think I started carrying out pass fakes in my sleep. S/O to Big Joe for that one.

Hgalum50

To this day I still can tell you exactly what the defense and offense is running at HG.

purplehajj

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 22, 2017, 04:12:30 pm
Heck, my dad played ball at Hampton in the late 80's.
82' here, and about all I can remember about my days in sports is how heavy that dang water jug was that I had to carry because the good players had to spend their time stretching before the games.

N2DEEP

I can't say much about CHG but I can tell you what I saw with Hazen vs MC.

Hazen runs a power offense with most runs off the guard in the 3 and 4 holes. #22 is the main back with decent speed but versus MC in the first half he got up 10 seconds after each play, did not look like he enjoyed being hit and stopped short; almost looked like he moped after each play. The QB while big looks very green as a QB. Most if not all of his throws were to his right, most of them were also short. He had 3 main pass completions 2 of which were jump balls to #1 (which out jumped our freshman corner) and the other on a basic out route. #1 is fast but really the offense does not use his speed to its full advantage. Hazen beat MC on 2 big plays a jump ball to #1 and a big run by #22 on some poor tackling.

As normal Hazen loaded the box on MC, and in the first half MC pushed them around, not for big plays, but 3-9 yard runs. When MC had to spread the offense in the 2nd half Hazen's LB did show their speed but it was due to rushing gaps and completely showed the lack of a passing game by MC. AS MC tired Hazen made more and more no gain stops. Their secondary was not really tested since MC does not have a good passing game, but they did have a few 10-15 yrd passes to the FB early in the game.

Overall if you can hold the LB rush then you can send some backs/ ends for decent passes. I think they have good speed to stay with deep threats but out routes and crossing routes could be effective. To run against them you will have to either overpower them or make their LB's think about something other than rushing running lanes, they were very effective when not having to think about the pass. I think Hazen is beatable with a balanced attack to make them play honest on defense.

For CHG to be effective they will have to block well and be able to block the second level.

Old Scrapper

#22 usually takes longer than 10 seconds to get up! But he is not scared of a hit and doesn't mind hitting back. Hazen's young team overlooked MC, MC scored off of mistakes Hazen made, get real, if MC wasn't handed the ball on the 4 yard line you could take one score off the board. Hazen has turned the ball over the last two games and I blame it on youth and not being tested, and starters not getting to play more than two quarters but once since week 4, and that was at DA week 8. These young Boys know they have battle waiting and will be up for the challenge.

CaptainSwarm25

Glad to see MC fans were doing something productive during the game. Like always, we're a pretty straight forward team. We have no surprises. We line up every time and both teams know what's going on. You just have to be man enough to stop it or go home. No 6-2A opponent was nor PC or MC. We'll see if CHG can answer that call or not.

Old Scrapper

I do thank him for calling out #22 for playing lazy, it's a habit that kid needs to break, but I'm sure CHG's coach has already seen that in film so it's not breaking news!

hornetfan8

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 22, 2017, 07:46:57 pm
#22 usually takes longer than 10 seconds to get up! But he is not scared of a hit and doesn't mind hitting back. Hazen's young team overlooked MC, MC scored off of mistakes Hazen made, get real, if MC wasn't handed the ball on the 4 yard line you could take one score off the board. Hazen has turned the ball over the last two games and I blame it on youth and not being tested, and starters not getting to play more than two quarters but once since week 4, and that was at DA week 8. These young Boys know they have battle waiting and will be up for the challenge.
They also had a scoop and score

Hgalum50

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 22, 2017, 07:47:36 pm
Glad to see MC fans were doing something productive during the game. Like always, we're a pretty straight forward team. We have no surprises. We line up every time and both teams know what's going on. You just have to be man enough to stop it or go home. No 6-2A opponent was nor PC or MC. We'll see if CHG can answer that call or not.
Trust me HG is always up for the challenge!

bigworm

Quote from: purplehajj on November 21, 2017, 07:48:00 pm
This is 17 bud

Hahaha. Well, maybe they can get it done in 17 too.

ISU7

Eslim03

CHG rolls on to play Ida. What a game that will be.

Hgalum50

Safe travels to those purple Hornets and their fans. I look forward to meeting some of y'all tonight!

Old Scrapper

Hazen hasn't been the underdog since week 4 when they beat the (at the time) #3 team in the state. HTO.

Hgalum50

HG hasn't been underdog since Hampton and we  hung up 50 sumthin points on them.

who-knew

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 24, 2017, 02:08:52 pm
HG hasn't been underdog since Hampton and we  hung up 50 sumthin points on them.
HG won't see 50 points tonight

The Beast Of 08

Man I can't wait to witness this Hazen defense I keep hearing so much about

CaptainSwarm25

Let's strap up at half and have an alumni game

HG Hornet

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 24, 2017, 04:39:12 pm
There aren't enough ambulances in Ouachita County for that.

The Beast Of 08

ea cat

Will take the Hornets of CHG in this one. CHG 46 H 24.

Hgalum50

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 24, 2017, 04:39:12 pm
You wouldn't want to meet me in the hole in an alumni game, ask CHGHornet!

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 24, 2017, 05:09:55 pm
You wouldn't want to meet me in the hole in an alumni game, ask CHGHornet!
That's what she said. 

Hgalum50

CaptainSwarm25

Only hole you got a chance of meeting me in is a duck hole buddy. My lineman would've swiped you off the planet 🤦🏻‍♂️ ask anyone not named Junction City 😂

Hgalum50

You don't know me! Ask anybody I don't back down from anybody! And I'm to quick for your lineman anyways by time they would br moving I would already be in the hole.

CaptainSwarm25

Dang you should've played for the right Hornets then.

hornetfan8

Hate to have to miss the upset. But I just left work. Keep us posted if y'all don't mind

CaptainSwarm25

Missed head to head hit on our RB. 14-0 Devil's Hornets

hornetfan8

How is Hazen playing as a whole?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas