• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Prairie Grove. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 17, 2017, 09:10:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: STUNNA on November 21, 2017, 10:25:08 am
Nightmares

https://youtu.be/ZlKz-wPdses

Nice...    I didn't see an answer for that at either game however...

Regardless of improvements I still think Warran wins by 28....  42-14 - Warren

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

November 21, 2017, 02:35:21 pm #101 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:40:45 pm by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48
I know it's only Tuesday but with the Thanksgiving festivities and travel to come this week I wanted to go ahead and get my prediction out there.  I enjoyed success with the Ozark prediction, nailing the score exactly, 49-14.  I'm not going to say I'll be THAT good this week, but I have a pretty good feeling as to how this game is going to shape out.  I went back over the weekend and watched the Warren/Prairie Grove game from last year.  Man, al I can think of when watching that is one word: mismatch.  Prairie Grove was last year and is this year, a GOOD team, but in football, it's all about match-ups and Warren is an absolute nightmare in regards to mismatch potential.  Watching last year's game I saw the Tigers best DB, what was supposed to be a pretty efficient lock-down corner in Disney get absolutely taken to the woodshed by Burks.  Burks looked uncoverable in that game.  Throw in McKnight and it was just a deadly combination for the Jacks who also played some pretty ferocious defense against PG. 

Fast forward to this season and there is only one stark difference I see in this year's game as opposed to last year--Warren's QB play.  Now, this is not a Kinnard bashing session, in fact the first thing I want to do is put my FULL support behind Kinnard.  What we have to remember Warren fans is that Hayden wasn't the player he was last year as a senior that he was in 2015 as a junior.  He matured A LOT from '15 to '16 and it paid in spades for Hembree and the team.  Kinnard is in the same boat this season as a junior.  He's learning on the job and so far, has done a really good job for the Jacks.  Kinnard isn't going to be the pocket passer that Hayden was against Prairie Grove where he put on a clinic in throwing the football.  Lassiter dropped dime after dime in to his WRs last year and really helped put the game on ice for Warren.  If there's one thing Kinnard brings to the table that Hayden didn't is pure speed.  Hayden was a very physical and efficient runner but he didn't bring the speed and athleticism that Kinnard has.  It's about trade-offs with the QB position this season.  Kinnard isn't the dead-eye, accurate downfield thrower that Hayden was, but if he breaks containment and gets into open field, he's basically another RB for Warren with speed, skill and all the intangibles you want in a ball carrier.  My question though, will he be able to hang in the pocket, or roll out in order to still make the throws to our WRs who I have no doubts will be open.  Prairie Grove has a very good defense, but their specialty has been stopping the run, not so much the pass.  I would expect the Warren WRs to have their opportunities in the passing game, we just need the ball to get there.

Defensively I don't think Prairie Grove could have drawn a worse opponent.  The strength of this Warren team, unlike some of our teams of the past, is stopping the run.  Simply put, teams have had little to no success running the ball against Warren all season.  Our front 7 are all big, quick and athletic and swarm to the football.  If there was one "weakness" I'd say it's our secondary because it's been largely untested this season after Week 1.  Fortunately, our DBs are still athletic enough to close on any ball that hangs up there too long.  I know passing is NOT PG's specialty, but it might be their only hope for some success Friday night.  I just cannot, in good faith, say that the Tigers will be able to run the ball against Warren with any consistency.  Abshier is certainly a coach I have a great deal of respect for because he's built a consistent winner in Prairie Grove and I know he's got a gameplan put together but I don't know where he's going to try to exploit this Warren team because looking at them, at this point in the season, there aren't any obvious weaknesses.  I would think one goal would be to try to pressure Kinnard and see if he'll make some bad decisions, but you run the risk of him gashing you with a long run if you miss that first tackle or two.  Plus, when all else fails, Warren can resort to their "Elephant" package which has to be AVERAGING somewhere around 10 ypp this season.  I've watched every single Warren game this season and when they roll out that package I've never seen them stopped for a gain less than 6 yards.  It's deadly efficient. 

So, I've said all of that to say this.  I respect Prairie Grove, the program, Coach Abshier and all they've accomplished this season but unless they've added an entire new secondary, I don't see how they slow Warren down.  Even though stopping the run has been their bread and butter I still think Warren will have success on the ground as well.  This Lumberjack team is on a mission right now, having mercy ruled their last 9 opponents.  I don't know if they'll get the mercy rule in this one (remember, it was 28-14 at half last year), but I think the Lumberjacks will distance themselves early and never look back.  I don't see Bo and Company having to sweat this one out.  I hate to do it to PG two years in a row, but I don't see Warren dropping this game.  A win would likely set-up a TREMENDOUS game next weekend in West Little Rock against Robinson.  But, first things first, Jacks dispose of the Tigers.  Looking forward to watching this game LIVE FROM THE STANDS AT JIM HURLEY JR. STADIUM!  So excited about being home for some Lumberjack Football!

Warren 42
Prairie Grove 14

-Kyle

SUGARTOWN

I don't think PG wins this game either. For them to slow down the Warren offense they need to blitz from the outside and try to force some quick, bad throws from the QB. They can't just lay back and let Warren get comfortable, they have to disrupt and get them out of rhythm. They won't stop Warren from scoring completely, but maybe they can hang around for 2-3 qtrs. I don't see them scoring enough to win, unless the Lumberjacks turn the ball over a few times.

I still think Robinson wins in the semis against this team. They have the size to counteract the Warren size up front and they have what will be by far the best defense Warren has faced all year. It will be a great game.

AirWarren

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 21, 2017, 02:35:21 pm
I know it's only Tuesday but with the Thanksgiving festivities and travel to come this week I wanted to go ahead and get my prediction out there.  I enjoyed success with the Ozark prediction, nailing the score exactly, 49-14.  I'm not going to say I'll be THAT good this week, but I have a pretty good feeling as to how this game is going to shape out.  I went back over the weekend and watched the Warren/Prairie Grove game from last year.  Man, al I can think of when watching that is one word: mismatch.  Prairie Grove was last year and is this year, a GOOD team, but in football, it's all about match-ups and Warren is an absolute nightmare in regards to mismatch potential.  Watching last year's game I saw the Tigers best DB, what was supposed to be a pretty efficient lock-down corner in Disney get absolutely taken to the woodshed by Burks.  Burks looked uncoverable in that game.  Throw in McKnight and it was just a deadly combination for the Jacks who also played some pretty ferocious defense against PG. 

Fast forward to this season and there is only one stark difference I see in this year's game as opposed to last year--Warren's QB play.  Now, this is not a Kinnard bashing session, in fact the first thing I want to do is put my FULL support behind Kinnard.  What we have to remember Warren fans is that Hayden wasn't the player he was last year as a senior that he was in 2015 as a junior.  He matured A LOT from '15 to '16 and it paid in spades for Hembree and the team.  Kinnard is in the same boat this season as a junior.  He's learning on the job and so far, has done a really good job for the Jacks.  Kinnard isn't going to be the pocket passer that Hayden was against Prairie Grove where he put on a clinic in throwing the football.  Lassiter dropped dime after dime in to his WRs last year and really helped put the game on ice for Warren.  If there's one thing Kinnard brings to the table that Hayden didn't is pure speed.  Hayden was a very physical and efficient runner but he didn't bring the speed and athleticism that Kinnard has.  It's about trade-offs with the QB position this season.  Kinnard isn't the dead-eye, accurate downfield thrower that Hayden was, but if he breaks containment and gets into open field, he's basically another RB for Warren with speed, skill and all the intangibles you want in a ball carrier.  My question though, will he be able to hang in the pocket, or roll out in order to still make the throws to our WRs who I have no doubts will be open.  Prairie Grove has a very good defense, but their specialty has been stopping the run, not so much the pass.  I would expect the Warren WRs to have their opportunities in the passing game, we just need the ball to get there.

Defensively I don't think Prairie Grove could have drawn a worse opponent.  The strength of this Warren team, unlike some of our teams of the past, is stopping the run.  Simply put, teams have had little to no success running the ball against Warren all season.  Our front 7 are all big, quick and athletic and swarm to the football.  If there was one "weakness" I'd say it's our secondary because it's been largely untested this season after Week 1.  Fortunately, our DBs are still athletic enough to close on any ball that hangs up there too long.  I know passing is NOT PG's specialty, but it might be their only hope for some success Friday night.  I just cannot, in good faith, say that the Tigers will be able to run the ball against Warren with any consistency.  Abshier is certainly a coach I have a great deal of respect for because he's built a consistent winner in Prairie Grove and I know he's got a gameplan put together but I don't know where he's going to try to exploit this Warren team because looking at them, at this point in the season, there aren't any obvious weaknesses.  I would think one goal would be to try to pressure Kinnard and see if he'll make some bad decisions, but you run the risk of him gashing you with a long run if you miss that first tackle or two.  Plus, when all else fails, Warren can resort to their "Elephant" package which has to be AVERAGING somewhere around 10 ypp this season.  I've watched every single Warren game this season and when they roll out that package I've never seen them stopped for a gain less than 6 yards.  It's deadly efficient. 

So, I've said all of that to say this.  I respect Prairie Grove, the program, Coach Abshier and all they've accomplished this season but unless they've added an entire new secondary, I don't see how they slow Warren down.  Even though stopping the run has been their bread and butter I still think Warren will have success on the ground as well.  This Lumberjack team is on a mission right now, having mercy ruled their last 9 opponents.  I don't know if they'll get the mercy rule in this one (remember, it was 28-14 at half last year), but I think the Lumberjacks will distance themselves early and never look back.  I don't see Bo and Company having to sweat this one out.  I hate to do it to PG two years in a row, but I don't see Warren dropping this game.  A win would likely set-up a TREMENDOUS game next weekend in West Little Rock against Robinson.  But, first things first, Jacks dispose of the Tigers.  Looking forward to watching this game LIVE FROM THE STANDS AT JIM HURLEY JR. STADIUM!  So excited about being home for some Lumberjack Football!

Warren 42
Prairie Grove 14

-Kyle

Excellent post.

I'm ready to get home and get in those stands man.

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on November 21, 2017, 02:35:21 pm

Warren 42
Prairie Grove 14

-Kyle
"Kyle" as much as I have grown to somehow like reading your articles I have it finally figured out. This is Bo Hembree himself with the fake name "Kyle". Coach I agree with everything you said thou. Great write up.

nobody

prHOG13

Lumberjackfan1978

Warren 42
Prairie Grove 14

-Kyle
Have a safe trip to Warren Kyle

AirWarren

November 22, 2017, 04:45:58 am #108 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:47:42 am by AirWarren
Quote from: nobody on November 21, 2017, 11:42:17 pm
what position do you play?

8 posts in....come on. You can do better than that.

AirWarren

bilboswaggins

Quote from: AirWarren on November 22, 2017, 04:46:40 am
Awww. Look. The whittle shart fume from pea ridge commented.

Cute that Pea Ridge is on the safe side of the bracket.

Rugman15

Quote from: bilboswaggins on November 22, 2017, 05:47:18 am
Cute that Pea Ridge is on the safe side of the bracket.

Nah Gosnell and Joe T doesn't look to hard to me  ;D

RyanLR

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 22, 2017, 07:45:15 am
Nah Gosnell and Joe T doesn't look to hard to me  ;D
Arky will maul Pea Ridge mark that down.

Rugman15

Quote from: RyanLR on November 22, 2017, 07:47:27 am
Arky will maul Pea Ridge mark that down.

Joe T. Robinson will choke...AGAIN!  Mark that down ;)

SUGARTOWN

KASH dba The Lumberjack

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 22, 2017, 07:54:07 am
Assuming Pea Ridge wins this week...

Exactly. Even though Pea Ridge won the first game earlier in the year, it's going to be quite difficult to beat Booneville twice.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 22, 2017, 09:58:31 am
Exactly. Even though Pea Ridge won the first game earlier in the year, it's going to be quite difficult to beat Booneville twice.

Man. We just trying to survive Prairie Grove ha

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I feel like PG got a little embarrassed last year at home and that could factor in Friday night. I don't think this will be an easy game for the Jacks.

Superjack45

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 22, 2017, 10:37:38 am
I feel like PG got a little embarrassed last year at home and that could factor in Friday night. I don't think this will be an easy game for the Jacks.
This will not be easy they are going to have to fight for 4 quarters I think I just hope they will survive with no player getting injured oh some will get hurt just not injured if hurt you can still play . PG will be looking for payback and they will play hard and I just pray our boys be ready for that because it's going to happen. So I hope they get their mind right and focus. #G4E

LJ06

I can remember how fun Thanksgiving week was as a player. Get to get stuffed and enjoy all the food/trimmings with family on Turkey day. Then, the following day gather as a team and watch Arkansas play LSU before playing your hearts out that night. Those were the days.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: LJ06 on November 22, 2017, 10:55:00 am
I can remember how fun Thanksgiving week was as a player. Get to get stuffed and enjoy all the food/trimmings with family on Turkey day. Then, the following day gather as a team and watch Arkansas play LSU before playing your hearts out that night. Those were the days.
Would one day like to see that game getting back to being played the day after thanksgiving.

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 22, 2017, 12:36:53 pm
Would one day like to see that game getting back to being played the day after thanksgiving.

Heck at this point I'd just like to see Arkansas win a game.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Romeo

I agree that Prairie Grove will be motivated for this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see an onside kick at the opening kickoff to gain early momentum.

SUGARTOWN

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on November 22, 2017, 01:24:33 pm
I agree that Prairie Grove will be motivated for this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see an onside kick at the opening kickoff to gain early momentum.

I too, suspect this one is going to be a slugfest.

Coach Ashbier is a winning coach. He will be ready.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on November 22, 2017, 04:46:40 am
Awww. Look. The whittle shart fume from pea ridge commented.
awww little AW getting sensitive again about a yankee's joke

Try to absorb a little of that Lumberjack toughness

AirWarren

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 22, 2017, 02:33:14 pm
awww little AW getting sensitive again about a yankee's joke

Try to absorb a little of that Lumberjack toughness

Try harder junior.

prHOG13

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

LJ06

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 22, 2017, 04:48:01 pm
For sure disagreeing with Kyle :)

Nostradamus has been hitting them on the head lately though lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 22, 2017, 04:55:38 pm
Nostradamus has been hitting them on the head lately though lol.

Can't argue with that.

nobody

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: nobody on November 22, 2017, 10:00:52 pm
is that supposed to be funny, plumberman?
Well, it's funny because I really am a plumber! Lol

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

LJ06

It's turkey day. No way you guys can be moody today unless your not getting any turkey lol.

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ06 on November 23, 2017, 12:13:25 pm
It's turkey day. No way you guys can be moody today unless your not getting any turkey lol.
We ate steak, wife doesn't like turkey. The sacrifices I make for that woman.

Rugman15

I'm a big ham fan to be honest.  I know that's more of a Christmas thing, but still love me some ham :)!  Had some great deer sausage today as well 😄 man I love deer 😄!!!

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on November 23, 2017, 12:23:51 pm

Happy wife, happy life lol

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on November 23, 2017, 12:23:51 pm

Poor you haha.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas