• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to Benton?

Started by justafan33, October 28, 2017, 08:36:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

justafan33

They looked tough early in the season, but now they have lost 3 in a row.

maxswine

They have been hit by the injury bug big time from what I understand.  The game I watched earlier this year, they had a kid go out with an ACL tear and another with a broken leg.  I think the total is nearing 30 kids who have been injured. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Greenwood pounded the life out of them!

IAFLAR7

Quote from: maxswine on October 28, 2017, 08:51:29 am
They have been hit by the injury bug big time from what I understand.  The game I watched earlier this year, they had a kid go out with an ACL tear and another with a broken leg.  I think the total is nearing 30 kids who have been injured. 
Injuries and they are young. It's not like they have been blown out. Played GW closer than anyone has.
As for the Lake Hamilton game...well, no excuses for that one. They have a history of underachieving against them...

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on October 28, 2017, 11:19:59 am
Injuries and they are young. It's not like they have been blown out. Played GW closer than anyone has.
As for the Lake Hamilton game...well, no excuses for that one. They have a history of underachieving against them...

How's basketball season looking?

justafan33

Pr8hd

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 28, 2017, 02:00:50 pm
How's basketball season looking?

He's a Bryant fan, not a Benton guy. So, doubt that worried him too much.  I'd say Bryant has a few weeks till they are worried about that. They had a more impressive showing against NLR than many including myself gave credit that they would. As for Benton this one made me scratch my head, but injuries will make a lot of things scratch.

bulldogger15

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 28, 2017, 10:07:53 pm
He's a Bryant fan, not a Benton guy. So, doubt that worried him too much.  I'd say Bryant has a few weeks till they are worried about that. They had a more impressive showing against NLR than many including myself gave credit that they would. As for Benton this one made me scratch my head, but injuries will make a lot of things scratch.

Well he obviously has some attachment to Benton, right?

Pr8hd

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 29, 2017, 09:24:40 am
Well he obviously has some attachment to Benton, right?

They are likely pretty familiar because of the Salt Bowl between Bryant and Benton.

Wildcat Football

According to my sources, RB Wallace was questionable but played LH and limped with a bum ankle all night.  Benton playing with 3rd string QB and passing game not there like it was early in the season 8-17 passing 78 yards Friday night, first two QB's out due to ACL tear and other one under concussion protocol.  They are a young team, so should be ranked near top next year after offseason weight focus, they have been decimated with injuries like El Dorado was last year. One of their best receivers out with broken elbow too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas