• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A West - 2017

Started by AT, June 14, 2017, 11:24:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pantherblue

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 13, 2017, 02:34:05 pm
Thank-you as well.

Glad to have you back on the boards Paw!!  Missed ya buddy!!!  You and BillyJack were scarce this year!!!

InYoGrill

A special thanks to one of the 2 GOD fathers on the SEC WEST ALL PRO Graphics Team- Go "Got your Gobler" Postal for helping me regain my intelligence on how to post GIFS. Thanks MAAN

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 13, 2017, 04:00:39 pm
A special thanks to one of the 2 GOD fathers on the SEC WEST ALL PRO Graphics Team- Go "Got your Gobler" Postal for helping me regain my intelligence on how to post GIFS. Thanks MAAN

No problema, amigo

Paw-Paw

Quote from: pantherblue on November 13, 2017, 02:40:07 pm
Glad to have you back on the boards Paw!!  Missed ya buddy!!!  You and BillyJack were scarce this year!!!

Yeah...Been great getting plugged back in after a short stint.

pantherblue

Up to Greenbrier to keep west alive one more week!!!  Go blue!!!

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on November 17, 2017, 09:34:01 pm
Up to Greenbrier to keep west alive one more week!!!  Go blue!!!

I watched the entire Motown game on Wynne's stream. I feel like I just watched the Hogs back when they were good in the old days. Heart pumper of a game. Man Motown had this game in the bag and let Wynne take it away.

InYoGrill

Bunker up West posters, we about to be attacked from the East and Central- LOL! All hands on deck. Horse shoes and hand grenades close in couple of our games. DARN!

Intelligentsia

I can only say that the West accounted for themselves quite well.  Two West teams played their hearts out on the road, both with chances to win, and the shoot out in Alma must have been terribly exciting.   0-3 for the night but the West competed well. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 17, 2017, 10:46:56 pm
I can only say that the West accounted for themselves quite well.  Two West teams played their hearts out on the road, both with chances to win, and the shoot out in Alma must have been terribly exciting.   0-3 for the night but the West competed well.

Unfortunately, moral victories don't count. West only made it this far because they were against the south first round. They hyped themselves up only to be let down, as always.

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2017, 10:50:38 pm
Unfortunately, moral victories don't count. West only made it this far because they were against the south first round. They hyped themselves up only to be let down, as always.

Stop being a try hard.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 17, 2017, 10:51:30 pm
Stop being a try hard.

Don't be sensitive. We all knew the west just wasn't very good. I'm glad y'all got all excited though.

I will say, morrilton can make the west relevant again the next couple of years. QB can definitely win another championship for them.

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2017, 10:54:41 pm
Don't be sensitive. We all knew the west just wasn't very good. I'm glad y'all got all excited though.

I will say, morrilton can make the west relevant again the next couple of years. QB can definitely win another championship for them.

I'm just telling you five tries at bait is four too many.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 17, 2017, 10:56:26 pm
I'm just telling you five tries at bait is four too many.

No bait. Just wanted to remind yall that the west isn't good and hasn't been for awhile now. Same hype every year and same results.

And I guess you bit on the fifth one? So what does that say?

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2017, 11:01:12 pm
No bait. Just wanted to remind yall that the west isn't good and hasn't been for awhile now. Same hype every year and same results.

I'll ignore the fact that you think the West has the same results every year.

Let's talk about the East. They do a good job with their two good teams every year.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2017, 10:50:38 pm

Those who surrender themselves to the cause, prepare well, compete hard, and play honorably are always winners.  It doesn't take a trophy or a victory to be a winner.   But of course you may have anticipated that reply from me.  On the other hand, if in your profession you do a job for me unsuccessfully,  I'll ask for my money back.😎

Yellowcake

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 17, 2017, 09:41:16 pm
Bunker up West posters, we about to be attacked from the East and Central- LOL! All hands on deck. Horse shoes and hand grenades close in couple of our games. DARN!

I doubt you hear any Central posters attacking the West. As far as I am concerned, they all showed up for every game, won some and competed hard in all. It's an exciting conference. I thought the Harrison kids were a class bunch.

Congrats on a fun and exciting season.

AT

Nah, it's just been MDX for the most part. Just trying to make him state facts or admit he's trolling and move on. Vague statements won't do it.

Conferences in order this year:

1. Central
2. West
3. East
4. South

The East's top teams put them over the South although the bottom of that conference is as down as it's ever been.

I think the Central has top heavy teams and was a good conference this year. I think Parkview and maybe even Beebe are teams that could have won a playoff game.

PA Dad

November 17, 2017, 11:24:54 pm #517 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:36:17 pm by PA Dad
I think most folks agreed that the South was by far the weakest conference this year.  And I think most agreed that the Central was the strongest.  The debate all year was whether the East or West was second.

The results show that the East won, but it was very close.  Morrilton and Greenbrier had great chances to win.  And Alma came very close to beating McClellan.  I think the West has nothing to hang their head about.

MDXPHD

The west is competitive each year, with themselves. Just because y'all have a close race every year doesn't mean it's a good conference. 0-4 tonight against your first real competition in 5A

They aren't better than the east this season. And the two teams you speak of are Batesville and Wynne. But nettleton is an east team and they are in the semis this year.

Intelligentsia

Batesville came even closer to beating LRMC. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 17, 2017, 11:28:08 pm
Batesville came even closer to beating LRMC.

And held them to two tds.

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2017, 11:27:42 pm
The west is competitive each year, with themselves. Just because y'all have a close race every year doesn't mean it's a good conference. 0-4 tonight against your first real competition in 5A

They aren't better than the east this season. And the two teams you speak of are Batesville and Wynne. But nettleton is an east team and they are in the semis this year.

Yes, I've said the first part many times.

No, I'm talking about each year you have two solid teams and nothing after. I'll give you 3 solid teams this year. I mean Batesville lost in the first round. "first real competition in 5A". Get out of here with that. What a bunch of nonsense. The West certainly is better than the East this year. Wait is it because the East has two teams in the state semi finals and the West has 0? That's just a simplistic and ignorant POV on it.

The West was a better conference top to bottom. If we just go by who has the best top of the conference, we might as well just declare the champion's conference the best conference.

"And held them to two tds" and scored 12 points.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 17, 2017, 11:50:23 pm
Yes, I've said the first part many times.

No, I'm talking about each year you have two solid teams and nothing after. I'll give you 3 solid teams this year. I mean Batesville lost in the first round. "first real competition in 5A". Get out of here with that. What a bunch of nonsense. The West certainly is better than the East this year. Wait is it because the East has two teams in the state semi finals and the West has 0? That's just a simplistic and ignorant POV on it.

The West was a better conference top to bottom. If we just go by who has the best top of the conference, we might as well just declare the champion's conference the best conference.

"And held them to two tds" and scored 12 points.

The west has zero quality wins this season against 5A. They are well behind the east and the central. It's not a simplistic view. Simplistic would be to assert y'all are better than the east just because y'all had a tough regular season beating each other up, played an awful south conference, and then went 0-4 against real competition. Batesville lost in the first round in a down year to the team who just hung 60 on y'all. What will it take for the west to just admit y'all aren't very good?  Top to bottom has zero quality wins. You are competitive against each other and win some and lose some, but that's it. Oh, and against the south.

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2017, 11:56:52 pm
The west has zero quality wins this season against 5A. They are well behind the east and the central. It's not a simplistic view. Simplistic would be to assert y'all are better than the east just because y'all had a tough regular season beating each other up, played an awful south conference, and then went 0-4 against real competition. Batesville lost in the first round in a down year to the team who just hung 60 on y'all. What will it take for the west to just admit y'all aren't very good?  Top to bottom has zero quality wins. You are competitive against each other and win some and lose some, but that's it. Oh, and against the south.

I'll let you have. Not worth it.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 18, 2017, 12:04:13 am
I'll let you have. Not worth it.

Only because it's true. Sometimes the truth isn't what we want to hear.

AT

Good season for the West overall. We talked many times this year that we didn't think there would be a team in the state title game, but Morrilton and even Alma at times showed they might have what it takes to do that.

All 4 playoff teams made the quarterfinals and three of them were one score and probably a few plays away from all being in the semis. Great competition this year in the wild West. 4 conference champs.

I think next year this is what we'll see:

Morrilton building on their youth and being the favorites for the West. Harrison building on their improving youth but trying to find the right QB to replace a 3 year starter.

Alma trying to fill some big holes. Greenbrier I'm not sure.

Vilonia trying to find the right coach. Clarksville trying to turn that corner with there youth.

Huntsville will probably be the bottom, but you never know I guess. Thanks for the great season, West.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on November 17, 2017, 11:24:54 pm
I think most folks agreed that the South was by far the weakest conference this year.  And I think most agreed that the Central was the strongest.  The debate all year was whether the East or West was second.

The results show that the East won, but it was very close.  Morrilton and Greenbrier had great chances to win.  And Alma came very close to beating McClellan.  I think the West has nothing to hang their head about.
I'll have to go with this order.

1. Central
2. East
3. West
4. South, in a category by ourselves.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 17, 2017, 11:03:33 pm
I'll ignore the fact that you think the West has the same results every year.

Let's talk about the East. They do a good job with their two good teams every year.

+1,000,000, if I could give you that many!!

PercussionMan

Eh....East, West....blah, blah, blah....it goes on and on and on....I figure the East is not going to the championship this year....don't know much about McClellan, but if they get up on Wynne by 2 scores like Morrilton should have, they're done.  Either way....I've said it since the start of the season, until someone knocks off P.A., they are the champs.  And, I'll repeat this as well....the two teams at WMS will be P.A. and whomever has the misfortune of winning the top half of the bracket (and, yes I would have still said misfortune, even had Morrilton handled business Friday night).

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 19, 2017, 12:43:02 pm
Eh....East, West....blah, blah, blah....it goes on and on and on....I figure the East is not going to the championship this year....don't know much about McClellan, but if they get up on Wynne by 2 scores like Morrilton should have, they're done.  Either way....I've said it since the start of the season, until someone knocks off P.A., they are the champs.  And, I'll repeat this as well....the two teams at WMS will be P.A. and whomever has the misfortune of winning the top half of the bracket (and, yes I would have still said misfortune, even had Morrilton handled business Friday night).

Well, maybe morrilton should've gotten up by two scores, but they didn't. And they lost. They were the inferior team to the 3 seed from the east.

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2017, 12:47:18 pm
Well, maybe morrilton should've gotten up by two scores, but they didn't. And they lost. They were the inferior team to the 3 seed from the east.

The 3 seed that leveled the 1 seed in week 10 and lets face it, is really better than the 2 seed.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 19, 2017, 12:59:56 pm

The 3 seed that leveled the 1 seed in week 10 and lets face it, is really better than the 2 seed.

I'm sure y'all are better than Wynne too. Y'all are the top team in the west the past two years but can't get that one seed. Morrilton fans need to accept that they're the middle of the west and the 5A as a whole.

chaingang

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 19, 2017, 12:59:56 pm

.   But how many 3 seeds do you see with one loss all season.....call us a 3 seed all day but we were a Co-Champ too.

the voice

Exactly chaingang !! Morrilton was co champs as well. And probably the best team in the West at the end of season. Debatable? Sure.  We will just have to win them all next year. I don't care if we finish middle of west or what others think, we beat the east in WMS when it mattered most and got that ring to prove it. Look to see morrilton there next year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2017, 01:24:56 pm
Exactly chaingang !! Morrilton was co champs as well. And probably the best team in the West at the end of season. Debatable? Sure.  We will just have to win them all next year. I don't care if we finish middle of west or what others think, we beat the east in WMS when it mattered most and got that ring to prove it. Look to see morrilton there next year.

Living in the glory days. Hey, we beat vilonia in 03 when it mattered lol. That's as relevant as the Hawkins days. And you say you're not living in those days haha. Good luck in the off season!

the voice

Only when I'm polishing my ring!!!!!

MDXPHD

Y'all know I'm just messing with the west fans right? Don't get so worked up. I expect the west to definitely make some noise the next couple of years, but I've gotta talk when they go 0-4 because I can't miss the opportunity!

the voice

Yeah I got ya , I just read where you were talking morrilton up during the game Friday 👍🏻👍🏻

PercussionMan

Quote from: chaingang on November 19, 2017, 01:14:26 pm
.   But how many 3 seeds do you see with one loss all season.....call us a 3 seed all day but we were a Co-Champ too.

One heck of a #3, just like we were a pretty darn good #4.

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2017, 01:28:10 pm
Living in the glory days. Hey, we beat vilonia in 03 when it mattered lol. That's as relevant as the Hawkins days. And you say you're not living in those days haha. Good luck in the off season!

That's alright...."The glory days" that is....last two times we played Batesville, we smacked them, and once was another loss in the state championship game....we'll take it!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 19, 2017, 05:14:53 pm
That's alright...."The glory days" that is....last two times we played Batesville, we smacked them, and once was another loss in the state championship game....we'll take it!!

Aaaaand here comes the Hawkins glory days. That's all morrilton fans hang on to.

the voice

What's the difference? We are glad about a championship? What do you do revel in winning in a conference that hasn't won a championship in years and years ? Feel you're a top program because of good regular season records ? I think batesville is a good program.
I think that's pretty much what fans do.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2017, 06:03:14 pm
What's the difference? We are glad about a championship? What do you do revel in winning in a conference that hasn't won a championship in years and years ? Feel you're a top program because of good regular season records ? I think batesville is a good program.
I think that's pretty much what fans do.

Maybe try winning conference. One state championship appearance and multiple 1/2 round losses in the playoffs isn't impressing anyone

the voice

On the field which is where you've written it mattered morrilton won conference last year and was co champs this year. I view playoffs differently, if we can't win it all I'd just as soon not go. I don't relish in losing multiple years in a row in championship game. There's only one champion each year and it ain't been the east in a long time !

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2017, 06:58:40 pm
On the field which is where you've written it mattered morrilton won conference last year and was co champs this year. I view playoffs differently, if we can't win it all I'd just as soon not go. I don't relish in losing multiple years in a row in championship game. There's only one champion each year and it ain't been the east in a long time !

Well you shouldn't have gone the last few years because y'all sure weren't gonna win.

MDXPHD

Good luck in all the other sports! I'm done messing with y'all. Waaaay too sensitive.

the voice

You talk in circles and never agree with anyone. Makes me wonder if you have any friends at all. Lol 😂
You talk about how terrible morrilton was this season then brag how they are better than lrca , then right back to dogging them.

InYoGrill

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2017, 08:06:31 pm
You talk in circles and never agree with anyone. Makes me wonder if you have any friends at all. Lol 😂
You talk about how terrible morrilton was this season then brag how they are better than lrca , then right back to dogging them.

hey hey hay now you two. Voice, tell you what. ME and YOU will have 2 out of 3 on rock , paper, scissors oh and I like to play with dynamite. You win, and you can continue your relationship building with RUNDMDX. If I win, you post  apic of you wearing a coon hat with a large orange tshirt and hold a 22 marlin for your beloved FF Pioneer Nation AND eat that leftover bowl of fudge brown squares you made last week for work. They all still in the bowl in the fridge waitin on you big eddy.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PercussionMan

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2017, 08:06:31 pm

You noticed that, too?!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas