• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transferring and School Choice

Started by theflash10, January 24, 2017, 08:20:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theflash10

What time period or year did transferring schools for sports become monitored? Or an attempt at it at least. Was there ever a time you could transfer midyear with no penalty or paperwork process?

STBruin

It's not monitored now...but believe there is a July date cutoff.

theflash10

Monitored I guess is a poor choice of wording. When did fans and people across the state start to notice moves for sports and when were AAA "guidelines" for transferring put in place?

STBruin

Don't know. But know of a couple different kids that played 3 years at 3 different schools all within 20 miles of each other. Also saw a post that 4 of 5 Maumelle starters in basketball all are new there this year and all from the LR area...well 3 of them are

OverPrivileged

If a student transfers from one school to another due to the "school choice" waiver....The way I understand it, an administrator at the old school (AD or SUPER) has to sign off on the eligibility of the student who is transfering to the new school.  And in turn the new school administrator must also sign off that they will allow him to play immediately.  If they do not sign off on it, then the student must sit out one year. 

It is rarely if ever enforced. 

I believe someone told me McFadden played at 3 different schools in LR.  NLR had a few transers a couple of years ago.  Conway had a few a year or two ago. Not just in LR either, its pretty common in NWA also, and I would imagin all parts of the state.

Lions84

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: STBruin on February 14, 2017, 04:35:11 pm
Don't know. But know of a couple different kids that played 3 years at 3 different schools all within 20 miles of each other. Also saw a post that 4 of 5 Maumelle starters in basketball all are new there this year and all from the LR area...well 3 of them are

That's not entirely accurate.  There are 4 new players - 2 are Maumelle residents who previously attended private schools, one is a move-in from Morrilton, and the other is from LR.  And they don't all start.  Some nights one of them does, some nights maybe 2 of them do.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas