• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moving - AAA eligibility question.

Started by Lee Kingsnatch, October 27, 2016, 09:56:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Kingsnatch

October 27, 2016, 09:56:50 pm Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:54:59 pm by Lee Kingsnatch

Brian G

October 27, 2016, 10:01:30 pm #1 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:13:49 pm by B.G.
Once you've played a game in a sport, you can NOT play for another school in that same sport.  Now, if it's 8th grade, you can possibly get by with it because it's really not considered high school and the AAA rules govern high school teams.

Lee Kingsnatch

October 27, 2016, 10:10:09 pm #2 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:57:15 pm by Lee Kingsnatch

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on October 27, 2016, 10:01:30 pm
Once you've played a game in a sport, you can NOT play for another school in that same sport.  Now, if it's 8th grade, you can possibly get by with it because it's really not considered high school and the AAA rules govern high school teams.

Well, actually you can, but you would have to appeal it to the AAA. There have been numerous cases of moving during a season and playing for two teams.

Brian G

As with all AAA 'rules' they come with wide interpretation.

beach bum

October 30, 2016, 07:36:05 pm #5 Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:37:40 pm by beach bum
The AAA continues to prove how stupid they are. So hypothetically by this rule an 11th grader has a dad or mom that gets a job going from 50K to 70K a year let's say in late November and their kid plays basketball and they move from let's say Little Rock to NWA then you punish the kid and not allow him to play the rest of the 20 or so games for another team all because as a family they made a positive life decision! What a great rule.........Not.

Brian G

jumpballer

i suggest contacting AAA i might be in the same issue and when i emailed AAA i received a call fairly quick. and i was able to explain my issue and was advised on what would need to happen to be approved. i have a 10th grade daughter.

Lee Kingsnatch

AT

Quote from: beach bum on October 30, 2016, 07:36:05 pm
The AAA continues to prove how stupid they are. So hypothetically by this rule an 11th grader has a dad or mom that gets a job going from 50K to 70K a year let's say in late November and their kid plays basketball and they move from let's say Little Rock to NWA then you punish the kid and not allow him to play the rest of the 20 or so games for another team all because as a family they made a positive life decision! What a great rule.........Not.

beach bum, put this up against the other side of the spectrum, dad really only cares about how son does in basketball/football and realizes team he is on now isn't going to do anything, so he moves son to another district in the middle of the season so he can be on a winning program.

jrhall2

No rule is going to be perfect. The one set in place I believe is the one that will get taken advantage of the least. Of course there are exceptions that the AAA will make so really I do not think anyone really gets in a pickle here.

beach bum

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 02, 2017, 09:43:22 pm
beach bum, put this up against the other side of the spectrum, dad really only cares about how son does in basketball/football and realizes team he is on now isn't going to do anything, so he moves son to another district in the middle of the season so he can be on a winning program.

My scenario actually happens all the time though...

beach bum

Just home school your kids now... Then they can play for any school they want.

Brian G

Quote from: beach bum on March 08, 2017, 05:38:14 pm
Just home school your kids now... Then they can play for any school they want.
Not exactly correct.

AT

Quote from: beach bum on March 08, 2017, 05:37:25 pm
My scenario actually happens all the time though...

I can think of multiple instances where the scenario above happened with the pretext of "I'm just moving my student for academic or personal reasons."

Don't have proof other than circumstantial in these cases, but the rule is there for that reason. 

always88

What if you live out of state, but a parent works for the school and you play varsity ball until your sophomore year then you transfer back to your home state (where your residence is) and play ball there until the school where your parent works hires a new coach and then you transfer back your Sr year and are automatically eligible?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas