• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barry Pruitt Hurricane Classic

Started by bluegrassboy75, October 27, 2016, 12:58:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegrassboy75

Anyone know who all will be in this tournament this year?

Dragon77

You can watch the JHS preview, at @ARHoopsDillon . The coach mentions teams that will be in the tournament. My memory is excellent, but very short, so I did not list the teams. Hope that helps.     

ricepig

Quote from: Dragon77 on October 28, 2016, 07:57:31 pm
You can watch the JHS preview, at @ARHoopsDillon . The coach mentions teams that will be in the tournament. My memory is excellent, but very short, so I did not list the teams. Hope that helps.   

I think it's Jonesboro, Forrest City, Har-Her, Springfield Kickapoo, Valley View, Westside, Bay, and Hot Springs.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: ricepig on November 10, 2016, 04:36:57 pm

A Jonesboro and Kickapoo finals would be a really great game. Kickapoo is one of the top schools in Missouri with Xavier signee Jared Ridder and Navy signee Cameron Davis.

ricepig

Quote from: ZoneBuster on November 30, 2016, 12:24:19 pm
A Jonesboro and Kickapoo finals would be a really great game. Kickapoo is one of the top schools in Missouri with Xavier signee Jared Ridder and Navy signee Cameron Davis.

I told Swift that the other day and he said he hopes to beat Bay! Hot Springs will be good with Christon, too. But, yes, it would be a very good finals if they get to match up.

Baller_34

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: ricepig on November 30, 2016, 12:42:16 pm
I told Swift that the other day and he said he hopes to beat Bay! Hot Springs will be good with Christon, too. But, yes, it would be a very good finals if they get to match up.

Looking at potential matchups.  Har-Ber v Kickapoo semi final could be a good one to watch as well.

godeep

Hot Springs vs. FC will be good battle. Hot Springs has to be still be  mad FC came in and took their spot in finals last year.

ricepig

ZoneBuster

ricepig

ricepig

godeep

ricepig

John M.

December 02, 2016, 07:18:22 pm #16 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:37:57 pm by John M.
Bay 80
Hot Springs 79

Final OT

ricepig

ricepig

John M.

Quote from: ricepig on December 02, 2016, 09:03:29 pm
Uh, that would be Hot Springs, not FC
Boy, don't how I made that mistake. Thanks for the correction.

ZoneBuster

Kickapoo beat Har Ber 72-56 I believe.

Would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the finals if you all have seen both teams play.

cannon

Quote from: ZoneBuster on December 03, 2016, 07:10:43 am
Kickapoo beat Har Ber 72-56 I believe.

Would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the finals if you all have seen both teams play.

It will be an interesting matchup. Kickapoo is bigger and more disciplined. Jonesboogie is faster.  Edge definitely goes to Kickapoo on shooting from the field and from the line. I couldn't say how it will end, especially with Jonesboro having the crowd behind them, but having a 6'7" shooting guard that was 48% from the 3-pt line last year during the regular season will definitely give the Chiefs an edge. 

Both teams are extremely athletic.  I can't wait to see the fireworks. Another fun matchup will be Bay and Westside. Whoever said Bay wouldn't win a game might have underestimated them a bit, since thy knocked off 5-A Hot Springs last night. They're short, UNATHLETIC, and slow, but they must have missed the memo that said they were supposed to roll over and give up.

The only huge disappointment is Valley View. They're terrible.

Hornet fan1

What time do the games start today ?

ricepig

ricepig

ricepig

ricepig

ricepig

ZoneBuster

ricepig

Quote from: ZoneBuster on December 03, 2016, 08:00:06 pm
Sounds like a great game

It was, two very good teams with several D-I players on both.

cannon

Every game was great today. Got my money's worth!

asuguy870

December 05, 2016, 10:04:24 am #31 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:05:59 am by asuguy870
Jonathan Adams matched up on the Xavier commit for Kickapoo was something to watch. That dunk at the end by Adams was ridiculous.

ricepig

Quote from: asuguy870 on December 05, 2016, 10:04:24 am
Jonathan Adams matched up on the Xavier commit for Kickapoo was something to watch. That dunk at the end by Adams was ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopsDillon/status/805480979448168453

Redwolves8526

asuguy870

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on December 05, 2016, 02:59:56 pm
WOW! THAT was impressive. Is he okay?
Yes, he subbed out to get checked on but then subbed right back in. Jonathan is a very all around impressive athlete. I think ASU is getting a steal imo.

ricepig

Quote from: asuguy870 on December 05, 2016, 06:55:29 pm
Yes, he subbed out to get checked on but then subbed right back in. Jonathan is a very all around impressive athlete. I think ASU is getting a steal imo.

He doesn't have a lot of zig zag on the football field, but he definitely can go up and get the ball, and isn't very easy to tackle.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas