• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Holding

Started by heidi, October 10, 2016, 09:06:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heidi

I have heard on two (2) recent local telecasts that it an offensive player "grabs the jersey" of a defender, he must release it quickly.  Not sure I understand this.  I have looked in the NFHS Rule Book and see nothing like this.

Rulesman

Don't believe everything you hear on TV

heidi

I don't believe everything I hear.  However, I want to make sure there is nothing I have overlooked.  For instance, the uncatchable forward pass in NFHS. My understanding is there is no such thing in NHFS.  Also, breaking the huddle with 12 men. To my understanding, no such rule exists. In NFHS.

heidi

Just read a post on the 12 men breaking the huddle in NFHS.

Ole Man River

Breaking the huddle with 12 is not a penalty until the ball is snapped

Rulesman

Breaking the huddle with 12 is NOT a penalty!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

I think what Rulesman is saying is that you can break the huddle with 12 and if the 12th man doesnt immediately leave, then you get flagged for illegal substitution. Fans see it as breaking the huddle with 12. But there is no RULE or PENALTY in the NFHS rule book that states anywhere it is penalty to 'BREAK THE HUDDLE WITH 12", but there IS a rule and penalty for illegal substitution.....and if 12 come out of the huddle and one doesnt leave, then that's what you get.  And nobody huddles anymore anyway  ;D

OB11

So if I wanted to run the play into the huddle with one of my players, could I just have him run the play in every play and then when the huddle breaks run back to the sideline? 

Rulesman

No. A substitute cannot replace himself. For example, A-1 brings the play in. A-1 would have to remain in the game for that down. Someone one else would have to leave for that down. Next down, another sub could bring in the play and replace A-1.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas